[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering joining the master race. Should I build my own PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: pc.png (241 KB, 480x318) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
241 KB, 480x318
Considering joining the master race. Should I build my own PC?
>>
Well, you certainly shouldn't buy pre-built ones from any known brand, the likes of Alienware are grossly overpriced and the likes of HP/Dell/whatever tend to have shit parts (and with that in mind, are also overpriced).

If you don't want to build it yourself, I'd wager there's some local company that can build the machine from parts of your choice for a modest price, and might offer extra warranty. Or you can ask a more experienced friend. But pre-built computers from the shelves? That's a bad idea.
>>
>>336143156
I was planning on building my own PC, but I'm still questioning whether or not I should join in the first place.
>>
It's a bit like cooking. You can buy a TV dinner with questionable ingredients and a steep price or you could buy the ingredients yourself for cheaper while you are able to choose quality, quantity, and ingredients.
>>
What PC games do you want to play
>>
>>336143416

I'd say it's definitely worth it in the end

The bonus of emulation is a big one too
>>
>>336143416
Browse the available games, research what you can do and judge accordingly. If this library if titles and features seems worth the switch, then do so. I personally would recommend it as it feels like a truer hobby compared to consoles as you can tear down and modify things to your liking but at a steeper cost and it's higher maintenance.
>>
>>336143670
Some multiplayer shooters, TF2, Counter Strike. Some indie shit like Bastion, Hyper Light Drifter. Some platformers like Trine 2, Mark of the Ninja, Super Meat Boy, Psychonauts and potentially some triple A stuff in the future.
>>
https://youtu.be/EDhICFx5mr0
>>
>>336144074
Do it.
>>
>>336144074
Everything you listed can be played with a $300 PC. Triple A games are miles away in performance cost.
>>
>>336144298
I want max settings, and I like I said I am considering some triple A games in the future, which I would also like to run at high settings. What's the price range?
>>
File: Falcone Guide.png (799 KB, 1356x4946) Image search: [Google]
Falcone Guide.png
799 KB, 1356x4946
>>336142197
>>
>>336145163
Out of date but still a good pick
>>
>>336145965

It covers the basics and what you can expect. Even though the parts are different, you can be assured you'll be paying around the same but just newer parts.

It also shows them where to go, what questions to ask and is easier than guiding them to a website, which is also shown in the picture. Better to show one picture then go back an forth as they ask blindly.
>>
>>336142197
just build a $600 pc and you can play anything just not on high settings
>>
>>336145097

I recently did a complete overkill new build using only a recent graphics card and it costed me about $1,000. Could've easily been lower if I didn't want to spring for a solid state drive, i7 cpu or 16GB of DDR4 RAM

A good advantage of building a PC is that you can just reuse shit you've already gotten and don't need to replace everything when you want to upgrade. Used the same PSU, case, keyboard + mouse and monitor for about 8 years
>>
>>336142197
if you are scared of picking out the parts yourself, go to newegg and look at the combo deals. they sell certain parts together at a discount. usually they have some full pc builds that you gotta put together yourself
>>
>>336144152
>>336144152
>those noises
>>
While /g/ absolutely despises it pcpartpicker is a really good tool for making sure everything that you are going to get theoretically works together before you buy it
>>
If you would enjoy platform with literally no worthwhile exclusives, then yes, do it
>>
File: EjJopdb.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
EjJopdb.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>336147986
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.