[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 25 >have an giant urge to play vidya >try tons of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: downnn.jpg (16 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
downnn.jpg
16 KB, 300x280
>be 25
>have an giant urge to play vidya
>try tons of new and old games
>nothing gives fun

wat do?
>>
>>336141670
Play ace combat and shovel Knight
>>
time to end it all...
>>
Read a book nigger, you literally get more fun out of them
>>
>>336141670
>go to video game shops. anime and manga stores ect any where that has a mass of autists
>contract autisum
>play monster hunter
>>
Get a blog
>>
>>336142182
>2016
>reading

what's it like being an autist king
>>
>>336141670
Ace Combat and Armored Core are pretty fun
>>
File: 1461997832664.png (365 KB, 299x530) Image search: [Google]
1461997832664.png
365 KB, 299x530
Hype is the game killer.
You expect a game to hold your attention and make you feel something for it. Some games have probably done that but not everyone will. You subconsciously hype every game which ruins it.
>>
File: 1452572165383.jpg (236 KB, 691x625) Image search: [Google]
1452572165383.jpg
236 KB, 691x625
>>336141670
Let me guess.
You're one of those pathetic fucks that want instant gratification so you play no-skill-needed non-competitive single player games?
How typical.
>>
>>336141670
Leave this place. So many people here are affected by shitposting that they become cynical and don't enjoy vidya anymore.
>>
>>336143793
It's funny that the biggest casual instant gratification games are multiplayer.
Mario is more harcore than Dota / LoL / TF2
>>
>be 24
>have a backlog (5 or so games)
>kind of want to play vidya but nothing feels worth it

help
>>
>>336142803
Whats it like being a fucking dumb ass retard?
You a gamer dude?
>>
>>336144083
Just have a (You)
You don't even deserve a serious reply, you goddamn retard.
Keep playing single player no-skill-needed garbage.
>>
>>336144358
>hurrr ima pr0gaymer gayms need skill you noob
what are you, 12?
>>
File: charls is disgusted.jpg (31 KB, 638x433) Image search: [Google]
charls is disgusted.jpg
31 KB, 638x433
>>336144270
Yeah, I'm a gamer dude. Me and my girlfriend - we're a gamer couple.
You get back from vidcon? I just got back from comic-con.
>>
>>336141670

Try playing with friends.
If that doesn't work it means that maybe its time for you to find a new hobby.
>>
Play games you loved as a child in a desperate attempt to bank in on the nostalgia despite the fact that those games got stale for you years ago
>>
>>336145806
did that already
>>
What games have you tried?
>>
>>336142182
>reading
>fun

I tried reading the critically acclaimed ''Great Gatsby'' and I'd rather shoot myself in foot than finishing that shit.
>>
Why do you even play games?
People play single player games for the easy rush of satisfaction or just to burn time without thinking.
Others play competitive games for the edge and pressure high you get from how fucking hard they can get.

What are you looking for in videogames? Are you playing them just because? That doesn't work.
>>
>>336144358
>multiplayer games
>good
You are the reason video games are getting shittier every years. There is an over abundance of multiplayer only games but only few of them have lots of servers and activity. Multiplayer games are bound to your and other players internet quality which mean there will always be a delay even if you have the best connection. This can be fixed with LAN multiplayer but even this option was removed on most games due to bullshit reasons. But the main problem is that multiplayer genres are boring.
>>
File: 1406933646952.jpg (327 KB, 900x527) Image search: [Google]
1406933646952.jpg
327 KB, 900x527
>>336141670
I've noticed that I can only enjoy vidya at night. Maybe its my biology telling me I should get some shit done, but during the day I'd rather clean my room than play video games.

As to your question; either you've gotten too comfortable in your genres and nothing in that genre is new to you anymore, or you just need to find some other time-waster to balance out how much vidya you play. The longer you haven't played vidya in a while, the more fun it gets, thats pretty much how every kind of enjoyment works.
>>
>>336147332
I only play local multiplayer games.
Online is garbage and takes no skill.
>>
>>336141670
Stop playing vidya for a while. Or find one that does captivate you. I was in a vidya slum for a while but for the past 2 weeks I've been super into STALKER and I fucking love it. Been playing non stop.
>>
>>336144237
>backlog (5 or so games)
How cute
>>
>>336146515
All I'm looking for is fun gameplay and maybe a story, something that would hold me for at least couple of hours.
Now I sometimes launch DayZ just to alt+f4 after an hour or so because it's boring as fuck or go through some random wads in gzdoom.
I hate indie and japanese games. You could say I'm a casual, I don't care.
>>
>>336142182
>loved to read as a child
>stopped reading for fun basically full stop when I started high school, read maybe 10-15 books between age 13 and 25
>get an ereader
>read 5 books in 2 months
>haven't read anything in the 3 months after that
Eh, I'll give you that it can be more fun. But it can also wear you out, just like vidya.
>>
>>336144237
>5 games
>backlog
that's not a fucking backlog
my backlog is like 300 games
>>
>>336146515

Part of the reason I played them used to be a sense of discovery not just in visual exploration but exploring different game mechanics and genres. Nowadays new games don't feel bad to me, just derivative, stagnant. Old games in new clothes.
>>
>>336146334
protip: a lot of classic literature only became regarded as such because they captured or otherwise commented on the zeitgest of the era. Gatsby is the same as Citizen Kane, a narrative about the failure of the American Dream. If you've no interest in the subject of the American Dream it's gonna bore you through and through.

Go find books about things you think are cool or interesting
>>
>>336141670
Have you tried streaming? I found out that the reason I stopped playing single player games almost entirely was that I heavily prefer games with a social aspect. Streaming actually rekindled my interest in many games and Ive beaten the Mass Effect trilogy and the Witcher 3. Currently playing through DS3 now.

Even if there's like three people in chat it's still fun. I like talking about videogames myself so streaming gives me that opportunity.
>>
>>336147521
Yeah from time to time I tend to find SOMETHING that I can enjoy for a week or so, Stalker did the job for me, as well as Serious Sam series but I'm way past that games now and can't find anything new. It's been like 2 or 3 months.
>>
>>336147357
>but during the day I'd rather clean my room than play video games.
what sort of lifestyle do you lead where its even possible to clean your room every day? Once I clean my room it stays clean for at least a week before stuff starts to pile up again
>>
>>336148236
Not him but dust for example

Fucking carpets..
>>
Sorry OP, sounds like you've caught the faggot.

Looks like you'll have to be put down.
>>
>>336148236
Just as an example. I usually just waste time during the day until its late, but there are times when I genuinely enjoy cleaning the house
>>
Talos Principle is the only game in recent memory that has made me stop and think to myself "this is fucking fantastic".
>>
>>336148776
oh okay, I have wood floors
>>
>>336141670
not trying to shitpost , but just find another hobby
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6WAGn76eAc
>>
>>336141670
Get some sunshine and fresh air.
>>
>>336141670
Simple: you outgrew them. You're too old for games at this point, find some mature things to entertain yourself with. Go to a pub, talk to women, build a bar in the garage, that kind of stuff.

Don't judge games or the people that play them, remember you liked them too. But at some point it's just time to gain perspective on yourself and move on.
>>
>>336141670
Grow up.
>>
>>336141670
try competitive online games.

I would recommend black ops 3 if you have a decent pc.

For me GTA 5 on pc made me like games again. Also try nostalgic games on snes or ps1.
>>
>>336142182
>read a book
>not listening to audiobooks online in current year

Nigger go back to the stoneage where you belong.
>>
>>336147638
>>336147930
oh im sorrry
if it's any comfort i have 20gb of music backlogged
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.