[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seed of a Giant Tree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84
File: seed_of_a_giant_tree.png (30 KB, 211x245) Image search: [Google]
seed_of_a_giant_tree.png
30 KB, 211x245
>Daily Reminder that most invaders are little bitches and will try to lure you to the enemies even when it's a 1 vs 1
>Daily Reminder to stop by the giant tree in firelink shrine everytime you kill one of these faggots to pick up another seed to make the enemies hostile towards the next casual who invades but can't fight you without becoming a ganksquad with the enemies
>>
>Daily Reminder that most invaders are little bitches and will try to lure you to the enemies even when it's a 1 vs 1
You mean people invading will attempt to win the invasion ? Heaven forbid.
>>
File: dark spirit has invaded!.gif (1 MB, 400x256) Image search: [Google]
dark spirit has invaded!.gif
1 MB, 400x256
>>336138238
>>
>>336138238
So I really like the seed of giants and I think it makes invasions a lot more fair. That being said the host typically has a phantom or two for backup so to balance things out I wish there was an item that invaders could use that would turn on friendly fire for hosts and phantoms. A reverse giant seed kind of.
>>
I haven't encountered the seed yet. Couldn't invaders just aggro tons of enemies and lure them to the host?
>>
>>336138431

I think the post is born from the frustration that most invaders currently express about the summon system juxtaposed against the attitudes they showed in previous games, where the deck was stacked against the host most of the time, except perhaps right at release of the game where you weren't invaded by twinks nonstop.
>>
>>336139009
Enemies dont react to invaders at all under normal circumstances
>>
>>336139009
yes they can
>>
File: 1455808613785.jpg (92 KB, 640x553) Image search: [Google]
1455808613785.jpg
92 KB, 640x553
>use chameleon in the middle of a group of mobs
>host giant seeds

Joke's on you, niglord
>>
you getting raped by invaders+mobs is payback for summoning a fucksquad of 4 people to steamroll your way through the game.
At this point the game allows for both sides to be shitters, so when someone invades or is invaded the only natural reaction is to be as shitty as possible to try and keep/get souls
>>
>>336138431
I won't resort to cheap tactics unless the person I'm invading does. It costs me nothing to invade people, I can even do it while hollowed, they're the ones trying to progress through the level maybe with just a little more HP or they want to summon someone.

So unless they start chugging estus, I won't take a sip. If they're a gank squad with 4 guys trying to pound my ass, I'll run into a group of enemies to even out the fight. Other than that it's just good old simple pvp.

Even if you don't kill them you still likely inconvenienced them making them waste estus or you killed their phantom. PvP is supposed to be fun, but too many people are overly concerned with winning just so they can collect souls they'll never spend on anything.
>>
Like a few NPC's is going to stop me from fucking with you and your 3 - 5 man gank squad.

I've got an obscuring ring, chameleon spell, a bow and know the lay out very well.

Don't even care if I win, seeing 4+ guys tiptoeing around the level, while I take out one player at the time is just gold.
>>
>>336139817
>cheap tactics
That's the whole point. Your "honorable duel" bullshit is what the red soapstone is for.
>>
>>336140420

Not that guy, but it's better for both parties if no estus is involved. Otherwise the invasion is most likely going to be as drawn out as fuck, because it's nearly impossible to keep somebody from healing if you hit them once or twice, so DaS3 invasion meta ends up being about estus racing your opponent if you can't get a quick, clean kill
>>
>>336138431
I bet you're using the dark sword.

We all know that tripfags love big black things in their hands.
>>
>>336140420
It's not an honorable duel. It's called having fun. And frankly, having to kill a guy 5 times over because he keeps chugging estus isn't very fun to me.

Red soapstoners are the people who min max their builds, munch grass before every fight, get mad if you attack while they're buffing their weapon, and will swap out their grass crest shield to the buckler to get dank ass paries half way through the hour long fight.
>>
>>336140610
>DaS3 invasion meta ends up being about estus racing your opponent if you can't get a quick, clean kill
This is what I'm saying, though. You have to use tactics and be a little more clever than the host or things will become drawn out duels like this. Put whatever arbitrary limits on yourself that you please, but few things beat the quick and dirty of cornering a host in a tight squeeze and watching them realize they're done for. Planning and payoff.

>>336140869
>I bet you're using the dark sword.
With a quality build and bow, but that was on my first playthrough which was mostly PvE.
My current NG+ is Demon's Fist + full dragon stone, but I'm thinking of starting a new game as an INT build for more of a challenge.

>>336140923
>having to kill a guy 5 times over because he keeps chugging estus isn't very fun to me.
Then outplay him.
>>
>start a new character
>try to stay low level so I can actually attempt to get gut at PVP without getting assraped in 3 hits
>equip way of the blue so I don't have to deal with farming silver knights
>about a summon every 10 minutes at level 23
>get summoned at the crab lake
>Host had used a seed so the giant crab is proceeding to beat the shit out of the invader.
>invader books it to the black knight
>after some juggling, the invader now has a black night, a giant crab, the cross hollow, AND the executioners going after him, all while the host uses Hidden Body to keep aggro off her
>DUTY FULFILLED
>Get summoned to the same host's world 3 more times in the next half hour
Easiest concords ever. Every time I joined, it was just the dark phantom getting wrecked by the black knight or machete/greatclub npcs. So satisfying to see it happen to them for a change.
>>
>>336138431
hello dark sword fag. did i just kill you earlier in lothric castle?
>>
>>336142537
see >>336141178
>My current NG+ is Demon's Fist + full dragon stone
I haven't played at all this weekend.
>>
>>336142180
What's with that crab fuck
>>
An invasion is not a duel, don't expect fairness from either side.
>>
>>336141178
Please remove your trip. There's no reason to have one, friend.
>>
>>336142793
>Please remove your trip.
No, thank you.
>here's no reason to have one, friend.
There are plenty.
>>
>>336142949
Aaaand, filtered.

Just remember, buckeroo; if you died, nobody would miss you.
>>
>>336142793
>Getting assblasted over a Trip
>Getting assblasted nicely
/v/ is a weird place. Nothing really wrong with tripfaggotry besides some people bringing it up and using it as a derailment method.

Where does one even go to get Giant Tree seeds?
I've gotten 1 from that Giant Tree in Firelink, but it seems a tad wasteful to use it on the first Invader who tries to be a pussy, when I only have the one.
>>
>>336143151
get invaded more, it's 50% spawn rate each invasion or smth. You can try farming them with NPC invasions and boss fog rushing
>>
File: 1254847918463.jpg (50 KB, 428x510) Image search: [Google]
1254847918463.jpg
50 KB, 428x510
DARKWRAITHS ON SUICIDE WATCH

THIS WILL GET 400 REPLIES

IM TOO BUSY HAVING FUN WITH MY 2 IRL FRIENDS SUMMONED TO CARE ABOUT "MUH FAIR FIGHT"
>>
>>336143030
>Aaaand, filtered.
You know, from my experience, people saying this usually don't do it.

>>336143151
>besides some people bringing it up and using it as a derailment method.
That's what I'm saying. They're shitposters who will use any flimsy excuse to derail a thread.

>it seems a tad wasteful to use it on the first Invader who tries to be a pussy, when I only have the one.
Keep checking in when you get invaded more. Only use it for someone who is really getting on your nerves.
>>
File: ds.jpg (179 KB, 850x1116) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
179 KB, 850x1116
>>336143151
After getting invaded there's a chance one will regrow at the tree. Check back every so often. You can have up to five at once but the tree will only supply one at a time.
>>
btw what happened to the guy who was softbanning people yesterday?
>>
Hahahhahahaha just black crystal out you morons, you won't die and give them another Estus charge and they wasted the seed.

But really tho, I hate when the host does it in the basement of the area past sully with the two croc rats
>>
>>336143289
>>336143334
Hmm. Good to know, thanks Anons.
And yeah, you're alright Manta, one of the better tripfags, compared to people like Mariel.
You really can't top ReliableHentaiDeliverer Scout/Sniper tho.
>>
>>336143334
Yea I dont get those people desu senpai
>>
File: 1383517822122.gif (294 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1383517822122.gif
294 KB, 245x245
>In DS1 and 2 the deck is heavily stacked in the invader's favor
>People laugh and tell people to git gud when they lose progress due to an invasion
>DS3 flips the odds and makes it more difficult for an invader to succeed
>Everyone is now a whiny bitch who can't cope with the fact that they can't easily fuck people's progression
>>
You have double estus and 33% more health you FUCKING SHITTER
>>
File: 1243859234523.jpg (64 KB, 350x218) Image search: [Google]
1243859234523.jpg
64 KB, 350x218
>>336143519
this is what gets me

>invader has nothing to lose
>has the element of surprise
>host has EVERYTHING to lose (level progress, souls)

>INVADER /STILL/ whine about MUH FAIR FIGHT when theyre the ones being unfair

so fucking funy, these nu-darkwraith in ds3
>>
>>336142793
No idiot, he needs to keep his trip on so we can filter him.
Or just take screencaps of him being a fucking idiot and post it in every thread he's in until he stops.
>>
File: 1462106949966.jpg (3 MB, 2008x3047) Image search: [Google]
1462106949966.jpg
3 MB, 2008x3047
>>336143803
Invader lose all souls, but I agree
Fucking shitters who can't find a way to fuck with people
>>
>>336143803
DS2 best pvp mechanics

>Invader loses CREO
>Hollow invasions mean higher chance of duels
>Invasion time limit of 10 minutes so invader can't hide in mobs. Also Seed.
>Proper sin system
>>
>>336143965
>lose souls

Oh man, what a consequence.
>>
Does a seed drop when you kill an npc invader?
>>
>>336143869
> take screencaps of him being a fucking idiot
Good luck with that.
>>
>>336144205
lol eat shit and die you cocksucker
>>
>>336144294
No it has a 50% chance of spawning in firelink when any invader spawns. You don't need to win or lose.
>>
>>336143965

Your souls just drop at the location you died in the hosts world. It's not that hard to just go and get them back.
>>
File: 666knight.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
666knight.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>doing some red eyes after the pontiff bonfire
>host and two phantoms
>oh boy here we go
>hear somebody else invade the world
>thank god, its slightly more balanced
>it's a purple
>they decide to help the host because he just wants his covenant item
>mfw
>>
>>336144496
If so then it's equally simple for the host to just go get theirs back as well.
>>
>>336143297
>my two cents
>>
File: allhands.png (1 MB, 1141x795) Image search: [Google]
allhands.png
1 MB, 1141x795
>>336144587

Nope, the losses sustained if you die are pretty equal for both parites.
>>
File: 1365553222160.jpg (29 KB, 528x543) Image search: [Google]
1365553222160.jpg
29 KB, 528x543
>mfw Watchdog thinks he can hide behind big crabs when I got a seed
>>
>>336144534
Purple turncoats are the worst, same with aldritch faithful who don't attack the host of another is attacking. The point of the covenant is to invade and halt his progress you dumbass
>>
File: peasantarena.png (1 MB, 860x561) Image search: [Google]
peasantarena.png
1 MB, 860x561
Are there peasants in Dark Souls 3?
>>
I'm fine with getting gangbanged by people in my SL. I'm not fine with constantly fighting end game phantoms because the host needed help to get through High Wall of Lothric.
>>
If you invade, all you're trying to accomplish is make someone else's life miserable. If you are an invader, you objectively have no right to complain about anything.
>>
>>336145505
>want to have balanced fight
>have no right to complain
Fucking retard
>>
>>336145618

If you want to have a balanced fight put your sign down in the fight club areas, idiot.
>>
>>336143803
>element of suprise
>literally a huge message about you appears on the hosts screen
>>
>>336145505
The whole point of invasions is pvp, there's maybe 1 guy out of 500 that actually plays through the game.
>>
File: 1461705446073.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461705446073.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>get invaded in archdrake peak
>by not one but two invaders
>i'm alone but for some reason they are both trying to lure me up the path filled with enemies past the belfy bonfire
>after about a minute of just looking at them standing in the middle of a mod I remember the giant seed
>Pop it
>one pretty much gets immediately killed
>the other takes notice but instead of running at me to get away he just keeps running further in
>watch for about 30 seconds as the entire mod disappears up the hill and his health is constantly going up and down from healing and getting wrecked
>he dead

the thing that I didn't understand is why they didn't gank me. there were two invaders against just me.
>>
>>336146146
Were you using an Estoc/shortsword?
That would be a good reason, those users tend to be able to stunlock up to 3 people at a time if they're good and Invaders are paranoid.
Also those 2 sound fucking retarded.
>>
>>336146502
I use the great scythe. its not the fastest but it'll fuck people up.
>>
>he doesn't use the Dragonslayer's Spear
>he doesn't joust will all the other spear users
>>
>>336147196
>Great Scythe
Then yeah, they had no fucking reason to pussy out, Scythes are really meh. Especially that one from the guy before Pontiff.
Not great, but not bad.
>Ft. Guy who uses Pyromancies and Chaos Scythes
>>
>gets invaded
>uses seed almost immediately
>either invader leaves or they'll be severely weakened and distracted by the mobs for me to ambush

Too bad it's really limited.
>>
>>336146502
You cant stunlock more than one person with a fucking estoc unless they're standing dick to ass estoc is good but it aint that good amigo.
>>
I got banned from online because the game thought I was hacking

Is there any way to get it back?
>>
>>336149159
You WERE hacking, asshole
>>
What's frostbite do? Description says "saps health", so it's basically poison?
>>
>>336140610
>it's nearly impossible to keep somebody from healing if you hit them once or twice
It's not though, unless you're too scared to go after them when they retreat.
>>
>>336149781
Slows stamina regen I believe
>>
>tfw they use the seed and still die to the enemies
>>
Seed is so much fun for both sides. If an invader is being annoying, or the stakes are high, pop the seed.

Invading and host pops a seed? Aggro everything big and nasty and take them to visit the host.

Duels are duels, and can be great fun, where skill and honor rule the day.
Invasions are no holds barred gutter fights where you know damn well you are planning to ruin someone's day. Might as well play to it, host and invader both.
>>
>>336149781
Saps some health, lowers defenses and slows stamina regeneration.
>>
File: skellingtongasp.png (252 KB, 487x370) Image search: [Google]
skellingtongasp.png
252 KB, 487x370
>equip offhand equipment that can parry
>equip hornet ring
>pray for the best when the host and their phantoms start swinging at you with reckless abandon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZJ7z5xEgg

>MY FUCKING FACE WHEN
>>
>>336139009
They can but from my experiences, they will attack the invader more than the host. And then you have to deal with monsters, 2-3 phantoms, and the host all at once. Now I know I'm not much of a pvp guy but this is a bit much
>>
>use getting summoned to risk free explore area while helping them, then do it solo
>get invaded
>hit him twice and he runs away, trying to lure us backstabs or into mobs
>we ignore him and keep going, chase him off, or fight him and enemies together before he runs off
>hes been so bent on leading away he gets lost and cant find us
>we fight the boss and he gets sent away
90% of my experience getting invaded, i have no idea what joy they get out of doing this
>>
I just don't follow them when they run off. they usually get bored and come back
>>
File: 1462043967043.png (67 KB, 265x239) Image search: [Google]
1462043967043.png
67 KB, 265x239
>>336138238
>host pops a seed
>kite enemies to his location
>pelt him with charms
>watch him get ganked by mobs
Was losing part of your plan?
>>
>>336152782
>kite enemies to his location

How do you get them to stop attacking you and to attack them or their phantoms? Every time I've attempted this the phantoms just tear through them while they are focused on me
>>
>>336144784
>implying people can't see the seed status effect
>>
>>336153127
I got to hold your hand too?
>>
Just did a playthrough alone, embered, and popping dry finger almost constantly. Here's my report:

>Every, and I mean EVERY red I encountered ran away and chugged whenever they were remotely in danger
>Reds in particular will not engage without support from mobs. Grapes will occasionally attack alone, but will usually wait until you've taken a few hits
>On the flip side, invaders became super aggressive when there were 2 invaders vs 1 host
>2/3rds of reds used straight swords/estoc, others used katanas. One guy actually used whips, which was great. Another 2 used Fume GS. But other than that, NO VARIATION
>Grapes try to twink in low level areas as much as possible like gigantic gaping vaginas

All this crying about
>muh ganksquads
means nothing. You don't change your tactics if a host is alone, and you attempt to gank whenever possible, just like everybody else.

Get fucked invaders, you deserve everything you get.
>>
wew lad
>>
>>336150352
lol this nigga hasnt even played the game

you can't punish healing for shit and you cant pressure infinite roll invincibility for shit
>>
>>336153276
Forgive me for asking for a tip
>>
>>336153310
Anyone complaining about a fair fight in an invasion either host or red is a fucking retard save that shit for fight club.
>>
>>336153856
You can at the very least get a 2hit combo on every estus.
>>
>>336153910
You're not paying attend, how the hell don't you know how to kite? Just roll and use alluring g skulls if need be. You can also use rapport and atonement. And this >>336139595
>>
Invaders
>Has all the enemies on their side, can deliberately build, itemize and plan for PvP and fight mostly PvE host, holds all the choice to invade
>Host pops giant seed
>Goes online to whine
>Host has phantoms
>Goes online to whine
>Invaders lose nothing and host stands to lose everything
>STILL goes online to whine

I have no sympathy for invaders.
>>
>>336154026
WOW A 2 HIT COMBO WITH A FAST WEAPON AFTER EVERY 700 HEALTH HEAL

KILL YOURSELF
>>
File: 1461375563951.gif (498 KB, 298x205) Image search: [Google]
1461375563951.gif
498 KB, 298x205
>unequip weapon when i invade
>equip it again when i get summoned
>they are obviously way below upgrading than i am
>>
>>336154091
I mean, that's just if you're bad at timing your attacks on their rolls.
If you're that unskilled you gotta take what you can get, nawmean?
>>
>>336154105
doesn't work that way.
>>
>>>336138238
>Got invaded every time within a second from logging in while in the second bonfire of Archdragon Peak
>Finally cave in and decide to confront the invader
>Use one of these bad boys
>Wreck him together with the npc invader summoned by the bell lady
Invaders have no rights.
>>
>dark sword
>summon wish wishi washi
>meme name
which one of you faggots was this
>>
File: 1456589817234.png (309 KB, 664x602) Image search: [Google]
1456589817234.png
309 KB, 664x602
>>336152259
This sums up pretty much every single one of my invasions as well. Even when I'm solo the invader always tries to lure me towards mobs and I'm not gonna fall for that shit, i wasn't born yesterday. So more often than not I run off in some other direction to keep doing my own thing and after 5 minutes they "return to their world" because i'm not falling for their trap or their too stupid to find me. Even when its just me and one phantom reds always seem to run off and hide then leave after a few minutes.
>>
>>336154260
Yeah yeah just dismiss it like I'm bad

I'll fist your fucking ass
>>
So everyone and their mom just spams roll away. How do you even hit them, with the invincibility frames and by the time they're vulnerable they're way out of range?
>>
>>336154406
try redit if you want to find who it was
>>
>>336142771
snibeti snab
>>
>>336144303
Like now for example.
>>
>>336154406
>invade host with meme name
>do all I can to kill them, even if that means hiding to wait for backup
>summoned by memefaggot
>get them to the boss, sit down and watch them burn
Fuck every single one of you.
>>
>>336154552
dash attacks.
>>
File: INVADE THIS.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
INVADE THIS.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>336145742
what is obscuring ring
>>
>>336154552
You roll+R1 right after them and catch them as they recover
>>
>>336154085
/thread
Shit's stacked against them, maybe a tad too much all things considered, but they (mostly) deserve it, most of them are literal dickwraiths who will use those same tactics solo or v. a group. Ironically, the few times I've been invaded, always solo, I usually get pretty nice guys/twinks who want to fuck with me. Both of which are fun.

In comparison to my Grape Runs.
>Summoned as Grape
>Literal 50/50 chance I get a decent host
>it's either wave hello and get a katana to the face
>or we go off on jolly (albeit tenuous) co-operation
>If shit gets bad, I turn on the Host, but otherwise, I play nice until they turn on me or we reach the gate
>At which point I fight until I die or they enter and I go home, having had fun.
I don't get why people have to win in this game. It's more fun to just run around and enjoy yourself with friends/strangers.
>>
>>336154754
Hm, okay. Maybe a long range weapon (like great hammer) dashing jump attack?
>>
File: 1461887166684.jpg (57 KB, 289x288) Image search: [Google]
1461887166684.jpg
57 KB, 289x288
>don't use game mechanics because muh honor
>>
>>336154406
preserverence sword art is very underrated
>>
>>336154863
Well specifically for me the UGS running r1 is super effective. I guess it depends on what weapon you're using.
>>
File: rustled.png (225 KB, 480x348) Image search: [Google]
rustled.png
225 KB, 480x348
>>336138238
>>
>>336138431
>I can't win without ganking :(((
>>
>>336154831
Oh fuck, I forgot roll to R1 had an attack too. Thanks.
>>
File: 1459745344359.jpg (11 KB, 179x211) Image search: [Google]
1459745344359.jpg
11 KB, 179x211
>try BKS
>all these fuckers getting owned by perseverance
>>
>>336142774
/this
>>
File: 1449272824209.gif (1 MB, 245x242) Image search: [Google]
1449272824209.gif
1 MB, 245x242
>mfw invading as a purple just to demolish gayboy reds
>mfw i killed so many of them once the game freaked out and gave me two shackles at once
>>
File: 1461778682492.jpg (20 KB, 408x446) Image search: [Google]
1461778682492.jpg
20 KB, 408x446
>>336154105
What are you lying for? To seem cooler on an anonymous jap rice paper folding website?
>>
File: 1462044842289.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1462044842289.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>336154971
>saying this when hosts will summon endless phantoms
>mfw winning anyway
>>
File: 1461822541919.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1461822541919.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>336155010
its like a slightly better version of stomp in my opinion
>>
File: 1372662282275.jpg (35 KB, 397x400) Image search: [Google]
1372662282275.jpg
35 KB, 397x400
>mfw grapist
>just to kill someone, doesn't mater
>mfw fight clubs
>>
>>336155010
Perseverance doesn't work right now. What's the point of lying?
>>
>>336155369
Holy shit, that is beautiful.
>Blends in perfectly with the other bodies
>Invader is a total retard and misses the Ember markings
>>
>>336154552
you need a weapon with running r1 stab with phantom range or don't bother
>>
>>336155369
i'm confused, couldn't he see the host's hp/name?
>>
>>336155514
The talisman poise skill works so why wouldn't the sword skills that are similar to it work as well?
>>
>>336155590
or charge
>>
>>336155369
That red nigga needs to pay attention to shit. Only moving knight and he's standing right on top of you.
>>
>>336155369
Are you serious? YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

>>336155536
Embers weren't being given off that I could see though.
>>
>>336155423
Low level halfway fortress grape fight clubs have been the best pvp experiences I've had in the series.
>>
>>336155617
if you know ANYTHING ABOUT INVADING

you'd know that invaders cannot see host hp/name until they actually get hit
>>
>>336155684
Because poise doesn't work in das3 right now
>>
>>336155369
typical fume sword user
>>
>>336143395
You can also check the tree in the Untended Graves version of Firelink.
>>
>>336155514
both unfaltering prayer and all perseverance variations work to my experience. That's why Sirris is semi-competent when summoned, she actually uses that skill while healing.
>>
>>336155760
>Embers
Watch the cape on the host. And the armor itself in a few spots, but mostly the cape in that vid.
>>
>>336155760
>>336155536
that's actually somethign i'm curious about, would an invader be able to see the ember sparks from a chameleon'd host? i feel like it defeats the purpose, at least for the host
>>
>>336155802
to be fair that's new to this game so don't be grilling the guy over that you fucking faggot
>>
>>336155617
You're confused because you haven't played the game and there's always at least one of you retards in every thread too.
Hostiles can't see names/health bars unless they lock on.

>>336155804
>don't use Unfaltering Prayer
>get hit once
>stagger

>use it
>get hit 6 times
>don't stagger
Seems to be working to me anon.
>>
>>336155804
Poise doesn't work but the WA that grant it work fine.
>>
>>336155939
No it isn't.
>>
>>336138738
You're literally describing mad phantoms.
>>
>>336149781
>>336150565
>>336151594
Also slows movement/roll speed slightly.
>>
>>336155909
Yes, everyone can see Host Sparks from the Chameleon and Branch effects. But it usually is so faint, that you can't tell.

>Street Signs Captcha
>Side of a van
>>
>>336155760
>>336155875
>>336155909
Invaders don't see embers, retards
It's like you never invaded
>>
>>336155875
The host sees that not the invader afaik invader does not see those particle effects.
>>
>>336155978
Yeah it is your health bar and name in black box is always visible when you'e nearby in previous games
>>
>>336155954
That fucking dumb. It's just glitch right? The devs can fix it, right? Or is it part of the game?
>>
>>336144587
Except the host was progressing. So they lost their progression, lost their souls, and lost an ember.
Invaders lose their probably 4k souls that they aren't even invading for.
>>
File: southbound.gif (2 MB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
southbound.gif
2 MB, 500x213
>>336155950
>>336155802
i have played, i just don't invade. Sorry, I admit I'm more of someone who likes co-oping and helping others.

>>336155939
thanks man, yeah i just didn't know how invasions are, personally.
>>
>>336156114
If you're locking on yeah.
>>
I just got the farron greatsword, this moveset is pure sex but I haven't tried it on anything yet, how shit is it
does the dagger parry benefit from leo ring?
>>
>>336155980
Comparing an item vs something someone has to summon/get invaded by and it only works on the grapist.
>>
>>336156165
Might be a bug or it could be intentional.
From is so incompetent no one knows for sure.
>>
>>336155875
Yes, but little embers fly off you when you move around. I didn't see that here, might have something to do with the gesture.
>>
>>336152782
>Kite
Don't lie kid, once you aggro them, they're on you, even if you run up straight to the host's face if he doesn't hit them, they're still on your ass.
>>
>>336138238
I only lure hosts into enemies if the host
>Uses estus
>Has a friend and fights me 2vs1 instead of 2 1v1's
>uses uchikatana
>>
>>336154105
Based off your best upgraded weapon
>>
>>336153310
>regularly invade with a whip
>see post about a guy who thought it was cool to be invaded by a whip user
>feel much better about my weird choice in weapons
>>
Well, I did it. I beat the game as a luck/bleed build. Probably going to respec to quality and use the Astora Greatsword for NG+ though.
>>
File: 146051516158161.jpg (96 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
146051516158161.jpg
96 KB, 400x346
>>336152012
>that guy wiggling his shield around like they didn't just get fucking outplayed
delicious
>>
>>336156328
No, you always run away like a pathetic coward and black crystal out even if it's just 1v1 and things didn't go your way
>>
>>336138431
INVADERS ARE FUCKING ASSHOLES

I WAS ON MY LAST GODDAMN HUMANITY
>>
>>336156204
NOPE

TYPICAL /V/ SOULS PLAYER, A FUCKING MORON
>>
>>336156314
>what are alluring skulls
>what is rapport
>what are branches
>what is atonement
Get fucked summonbabby
>>
>>336156391
then how am I getting invasions in the forest with a +6 weapon?
>>
>>336154091
If you stick close to them, you can interrupt their heals with backstabs, kicks, pokes, or chains until they're dead.
It takes about a second for the heal to begin, all you gotta do is stop them within that time frame.
>>
>>336156195
Thanks for actually putting the movie title in the image name.
>>
File: 20160501132504_1.jpg (269 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
20160501132504_1.jpg
269 KB, 1360x768
wheres the best place to pop seeds and hide from invaders.

im getting a little tired of the archives.
>>
File: 1409264414931.png (441 KB, 1299x1322) Image search: [Google]
1409264414931.png
441 KB, 1299x1322
>get invaded on bridge to lothric princes
>kill everything while the grapist keeps hiding behind mobs
>kill all mobs
>grapist black crystals out
>>
There are some very obvious issues with the balance of Shit in this game
Literally no reason to use anything other than a longsword
Stamina recharge is way way way to quick
Rolls use way way way too little stamina
Rolls also have way way way too many invincibility frames
Those combined with bad netcode make this a huge shitfest most of the time.
Don't know how From made these retarded design decisions.
>>
>>336138238
More like
>invade
>fight against the host and 3 phantoms
>they use meme weapons and shields
>I kill 2 of them but die
>host claps and squats on my dead body
>thinks he's a hot shot
>fast forward a few hours
>invade the same host but this time he's alone
>proceed to curbstomp his ass
>runs from me and jumps to his death
>messages me and calls me a faggot
wew lad this sure is fun :^)
>>
>>336156596
You aren't the only person in the world with a +4 - +8 weapon
>>
>>336156728
Happens constantly
>>
>>336156393
The funniest thing I've seen so far was when I was invading in the forrest early on and just using a random whip I picked up. Guy i was hitting with it kept trying to parry it for some reason.
>>
>>336156605
np, it's a fun movie. i think better than V/H/S in terms of that type of format. Check it out
>>
>>336154091
It's a battle of attrition, them drinking estus guarantees hits. Eventually they'll run out of estus and you can just finish them off.
>>
Siegward's Cell in Profaned Capital/Irithyll Dungeon.

>all those Jailers
>toxic swamp with spider monsters
>monstrosities of sin
They're gonna hate you
>>
>>336156791
>invade the same host but this time he's alone
Things that never happend.
I never invaded anyone that didn't at least have 1 phantom or didn't run off to the bonfire to summon his buttbiddies.
>>
>>336156598
It's pretty easy to get the space to get a heal off.
>>
>>336156791
>invade
>getting stomped so run
>host gets cocky seeing his phantoms messing me up and charges with a running R1
>parry
>HOST OF EMBERS DESTROYED
If only you could see their faces when they realize how SHIT they are.
>>
>>336156760
long sword is a SL80meta meme

just get gud and get to the build variety meta that is 120
>>
>>336156728
its kinda sad how many invaders do this. Like youre not really invading if your just standing their hoping the host is going to die to the enemies. your more like a cheerleader for the other team.
>>
>>336157018
It happens quite a lot actually, I've invaded the same host thrice. The two times they had phantoms backing them up. The third I guess I invaded early and got him without any phantoms to back him up.
>>
>>336157067
I've been 130 for a week. There are even more dark swords than ever.
>>
Friendly reminder that enemies are still hostile to you as well, so you are mostly just enabling me to lead a small army to you and your buttbuddies to deal with :^)

Keep using them seeds to naturalize your numbers advantage man. Please.
>>
>>336157018
I've done that too. Invading a lone host is rare but it does happen.
>>
File: 1248749904649.jpg (27 KB, 391x506) Image search: [Google]
1248749904649.jpg
27 KB, 391x506
>Invading as a mound-maker at the second bonfire in Undead Settlement
>Consistently spawn in the house with the rat people or nearby the tree on fire with the hollow fucks praying around it
>Equip Untrue White Ring or whatever the fuck its name is to look like a white phantom
>Use the Curl Up emote in the face of the Matron
>Host and his buttbuddies start cleaning the packs one by one
>When the matron gets up, I jump in and chaos ensues
>They panic
>Don't know who to hit as I'm white
>Mfw duty fulfilled in the most exquisite way
>>
>>336157318
Too bad I know how tethering works so you can never lead any amount of enemies to me :)
>>
>>336156165
>>336156293
There is a value set to below 1 that restricts poise. If you use CE to change it to 1, Poise works correctly.
WA probably alter that value to >1, so that poise works dramatically better than it should.

It would be a very simple fix for From to make if anyone can do it with a little number tweak in CE.
>>
File: Dark Souls Breakdance Battle.gif (437 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls Breakdance Battle.gif
437 KB, 500x500
>Invade some guy's game last night on High Wall
>Sit down and wait in full sight
>"Host is summoning another phantom..."
>Host and his phantoms charge at me from all angles, don't stop for a second or emote or anything - gank me.

>I think "Whatever."
>I do some more invasions.

>About 20 minutes later, get sent to that same guy's world
>This time, I'm ready.
>Roll around like a motherfucker, lure them towards the Pus of Man abomination and manage to take out the gold phantom
>The host goes and summons ANOTHER phantom
>By this point, I lie in wait until they pass by me, and follow them.
>The host gets onto the lift shortcut, while a phantom stays behind and another is already down there.
>I run forward as the lift pulls away, and before the topside phantom can react, jump down the lift shaft.
>Plunge attack right on the host, who panics and runs off the lift
>They fall to the floor below, taking just enough damage to kill them.
>Wave to the other phantom down here as he gawps on in horror.

That was fun. I generally try to be sporting as an invader, in ways such as leading the host back to a bonfire/to a new bonfire before I fight them, but some people are just begging for dirty tricks.
>>
>>336138238
>Seed of giants

Every time?? You get a fucking seed EVERY time? 3v1 isnt enough for you faggots that you need to use those?

The more I hear about this fucking games PvP nose dive, the less likely I am going to buy it.

Can someone photoshop Miyazaki pulling the ethernet on an invasion? Thanks.
>>
>>336156897
People just don't know how to handle whips for some reason.
You'd think the twenty hour charge up time on every attack would be an indicator that you just have to put pressure on the guy.
I've got a backup club that I use for when that does happen, though.
>>
>>336157025
It happens from time to time, but if you aren't preventing healing 90% of the time, you're pretty bad at PvP and should probably just stop.
>>
>>336157018
Stop invading low lv areas and move your ass to anor londo .
>>
>>336152012
How do you do the double riposte
>>
>>336138238
>Seed of Giant Tree
>implying any Invader won't run a Rape Train on you
>>
>>336157441
That's fine, I probably won't get you if you have phantoms then. You aren't stupid. If a host plays it right and plays well, you deserve to win 100% of the time with phantoms. 98% of you are stupid as fuck and can be baited into your own demise in that situation though.
>>
>>336157843
when you equip the hornet ring it also changes your attack animations as well as boosting the damage
>>
File: oh-crap.gif (469 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
oh-crap.gif
469 KB, 256x192
>>336138238
>>336138431
I've seen cancer of all kinds.
I've beaten and been beat by kirk rolling parry shield estocs, greatwall of estoc, and full tank parry only daggers.

But nothing compares to the cancer that is a 1v1 dried finger summoned phantom running away and baiting you into every enemy in the location for an hour after running out of their sparing amount of estus and multi slot healing spells while you have over 60% left.

I have never felt the need to seed before but this would be an instance that it's required.

At least the purple I summoned rammed a sword on a stick up his ass and he had to leave emberless, I bent over backwards, he wen't home with his shackle, and I could finally exit the game without a DC.
>>
>>336145618
Thats what your reddit fightclubs are for nerd
>>
File: 1445322613084.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
1445322613084.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>>336138238
I'm an invader and I can agree to this message
>>
>>336157818
Why would I want to invade fight clubs? You invade for the chaos, not the "fair and honorobu" dueling.

Low level, non-meta is where the real fun is at as far as invasions go.
>>
>>336157254
use something with HA then

the BK GA has HA on every attack, the R2 is non-parryable and it has a 3hit COMBO that deals 1000-1200 damage.
>>
>Black Bow; a short jaunt in the swamps and a little hand to hand
>Hawk Ring; the demise of a friend
>Poison Arrows; 100 souls each
>Pelting a host through a sea of phantoms from 100 feet away and watching his life slowly tick down because he has no idea where you are; priceless.
>>
File: 1461901089204.png (54 KB, 513x480) Image search: [Google]
1461901089204.png
54 KB, 513x480
>>336158189
Yeah and where the new players are. You aren't good, if you want true chaos go invade at the area after pontiff. Majority of the time there'll be hosts waiting with phantoms, along with other invaders joining in.
>>
>>336158281
>poison mattering
>'priceless' format

XD my dude, XD
>>
>>336155909
One thing I've noticed, is that if you wear the Untrue Dark Ring while embered, it hides those smoldering effects, so it would work even better. Not sure about the embers flying off when moving around, but those are hard to spot in bright areas.
>>
>>336158219
Hyper armor is a meme.
Anyone with half a brain can kill someone using a weapon with it.
I wish it wasn't this way. I had a lot more fun with DaS1 lagrolling and fishing for backstabs at this point.
>>
>>336158281
Too bad 99 arrows and 40 poison knives aren't enough to proc poison on anybody
>>
>>336158281
How much did you put into luck? Poison is SHIT in tins game and I haven't heard of a way to induce toxic. Maybe dung pies? Also, you forgot your obscuring and farron ring.
>>
File: 536364362.jpg (121 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
536364362.jpg
121 KB, 800x450
>tfw have 2 dedicated characters for invading

>one is a 60 int mage with EVERY magic damage boosting item + obscuring ring
>mfw 1 shotting faggots with soul stream/ HCSM+CSS

>The other is an obscuring ring 40/40 greatbow user
>mfw knocking people off cliffs or landing headshots
>>
>get invaded in demon ruins
>fag immediatly runs away expecting me to follow him trying ti make a shitty area even shittier
>stay put and just use seed
>within less than 5 get INVADER BANISHED

OR

>trying to get through archives
>on the stairs to find twin princes
>invader just tries to kill me if im only fighting an enemy and wont try to fight me one on one.
>fuck this im so close im not dying now.
>use seed
>he gets wrecked by the knights within seconds

Most of you invaders are scrubs, im gonna be using that seed all day to filter you gimps out.
>>
>>336157812
You're never going to prevent healing 90% of the time unless the dude is sipping right in your face 90% of the time.
>>
>>336153252
If you see a robot in a room, and its eyes turning from green to red, that doesn't exactly change the fact that they're probably going to start running to a new safe spot to avoid the killer robot.
>>
>>336157632
Stop caring. Yeah, it's harder to win invasions than it's ever been, but the vast majority of the people you invade are PVE casuals who have about a 10th as much of the experience you do. Yeah, there's going to be times where you run into 3 people running Dark Sword/Estoc and they catch you, but so what? If they beat you, they've only done exactly what they were supposed to do with those odds.

With enough tenacity and a willingness to use every tool at your disposal(Lloyd's, enemies, hornet parries), your chances are still pretty good and it will outright embarrass them if you do manage to win. That's what invading is about. Stop worrying about having a "fair" chance in every invasion and embrace the chaos.
>>
>>336159040
Most hosts heal when they lose 40% hp, it's about anticipating the heal.
>>
>>336159083
This nigga gets it. You know that was bait?
>>
>>336158432
I want new players. Killing new players is part of the fun and has been since Demon's Souls. I don't give a single fuck about if I'm "good" or not since this isn't some high skill, well balanced fighting game. PVP is meant to be played casually and invasions are meant to be filthy. It's completely within spirit of the game, has been a part of things since the beginning of the series, and there's not a single thing you can do to stop me.
>>
I don't even really care about getting ganked, I just don't know why the hosts need an army of phantoms to get through these levels. They're easy as fuck.
>>
>>336159040
>they're rolling/running away
>roll/run after them
>they stop to heal because their camera swapped positions
>rolling R2 into them
>heal interrupted
>they die

GG faggot.
>>
>>336156728
I've noticed three trends from my 'pacifist' invasions. Running behind enemies means:
>1. The host stays in the bonfire forever and gets 'Failed to summon phantom' errors for about twenty minutes.
>2. They charge at me after using the seed, and usually end up getting themselves killed on the mob train we both created.
>3. They just play the game as normal and they reach the boss door.

I cannot fucking stand option 1. players. You're terrified of a glorified scarecrow at this point.
>>
>>336159379
Okay, I just think that's unsatisfying. I'm not even saying anything about high skill, you're literally killing braindead players that only know R1 and L1. It feels more fun winning when the odds are highly stacked against you.
>PVP is meant to be played casually and invasions are meant to be filthy.
Of course, you can play filthy at any SL. Baiting attacks for parries while having a hornet ring equipped, or being a dick with great bow + obscuring ring.
>>
>>336159228
Theres no anticipation you're either right next to the dude or you don't stop his heal and just take a chunk of the recovered life.
>>
Is promised walk of peace in this game?
>>
>>336159447
The password system has led to people being able to play the game with a bunch of friends with minimal difficulty. 90% of the time when you see someone with more than two phantoms making their way through a level, they're all friends with each other on Steam. People are far more comfortable playing that way than they are summoning randoms.

Yeah, they're probably ruining the game for themselves, but oh well. It's not like they'll be playing the game next month.
>>
>>336159636
Man your basically saying wow im so happy the host is a shitter with no spacial awareness.
>>
>>336159821
Nah you're just bad.
>>
File: smug alien.jpg (35 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
smug alien.jpg
35 KB, 184x184
>>336159842
>not saying tranquil walk of peace
>DaS2 was his first game
Shitposting aside, I don't think it is.
>>
>>336158662
My SL120 guy is at ~40 luck.
I like luck. I didn't invest much in Vigor/Endurance/Vitality this time around because, well, stamina regen is insane, rolling is OP, and equip load is a joke.

>>336158643
>>336158494
Poison works pretty well for me, and poison arrows aren't weak even without the aux effect. 60 Dex with a +10 Black Bow seems to deal around 300 damage to most of you faggots, which is only 3-4 hits to death if I don't get a head shot.
>>
>>336159953
>im autistic enough to remember the name every spell
>anime face
>>
>>336159928
No, I'm basically saying that 90% of everyone is a shitter with no spacial awareness.
Go ahead and try that tactic out, man. It'll work 90% of the time.
>>
>>336159707
Here's a hint the host doesn't know you're not a huge faggot so why would he run to basically certain death when he can just summon a gank squad?
>>
File: 1461814503541.jpg (281 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461814503541.jpg
281 KB, 1280x720
>>336160119
>proving I'm right
There is no reason to get so defensive over DaS2 being your first game.
>>
>>336159939
ok amigo
>>
>trying to red invade when it's constant 3+v1
>Not just joining Blueberries and going afk while you rack up ears
stretch out.gest
>>
>>336146146
>mod
>>
>>336160301
Demon's was my first you stupid nigger.
(You)
>>
File: 1458859743935.jpg (108 KB, 784x708) Image search: [Google]
1458859743935.jpg
108 KB, 784x708
>>336141178
>Quality build
>Dark Sword

Choose one.
>>
>>336160425
Why wouldn't the host just send you away? Does BC send every phantom home?
>>
@336160476
>lying on the internet
>being so defensive over blatant shitposting
Thanks for the (you)
>>
>>336160597
>Why wouldn't the host just send you away? Does BC send every phantom home?
You can chose who to send home.
>>
>>336160425
>afk as blueberry for 20 hours
>zero summons
Yeah it's so easy anon
>>
>>336142949
So why DO you keep the trip on, then?
>>
>>336160790
So we can filter him easily.
>>
>>336160790
Because they're an underaged fat faggot that doesn't get any attention.
>>
>>336160949
Doing gods work.
>>
So, I heard that streaming hacker finally got banned, am i in the clear for pvping again? Or are there more assholes doing it?
>>
>>336160783
i got like seven ears watching shit on youtube for an hour.
Not much but it beats trying to farm them from silver knights.
>>
>>336160221
One guy had two phantoms already, and he was just taunting over and over, and then rolling way if I ran in front of the pack. It was embarrassing.
>>
>>336153310
I'll agree with you for the most part but once and a while this won't happen. I try to never do these things when I'm an invader (will only estus if the host does.)

Had a nice invade after Pontiff while I was leveling Aldrich Faithful ranks. The guy had another AF in his world and I just sat and let them fight, then let him kill his giants and then we both ran back to the area just outside Pontiff's room. I was actually surprised he followed me there instead of booking it, he easily could've ignored me. He was a chill guy.
>>
this game has by FAR the worst pvp of the entire series. if memezaki wasnt on the title you faglords would shit talk it even more.
>>
>>336160119
He didn't have to know the name of every spell in the game, just the name of the one you butchered.
>>
Has anyone gotten the soldering iron to work? Do you need to land an R2 or something?
>>
>>336159806
>Of course, you can play filthy at any SL. Baiting attacks for parries while having a hornet ring equipped

You aren't going to parry a good player in this game with any sort of regularity. They'll mix up their attacks or dead angle them. If you show it more than once, they'll get a read on it you'll be riding the pain train to a BS(although sometimes you can roll out of it if you're using caestus because of how quick the animation is).

I do actually play in some relatively high end duels with regulairty, but the randomness of invasions is far more interesting to me. If we were just talking about murdering straight out of the box players 1v1 the entire time, it would be one thing, but random invasions are well..random. You don't know what you're going to run into with regards to skill level(and there's a fair number of people PVE'ing who aren't terrible at PVP 7 years into this series life) or number of players. Most of the time it is newer players, but it doesn't matter how skilled you are when it comes to a gank. Unless you're fighting players who are literally braindead, ganks are always a unique challenge in this game.

The skill level of the players you are fighting matters a lot less when one slight mistake in spacing can lead to more than half of your health being gone. That's accented even further when you are fighting a group that can heal three times as often as you can. A really good invader will still win more than half the time, but the rush of dealing with the entire deck being stacked against you and succeeding doesn't get old.
>>
>>336161202
Well not much to say about that then.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.