[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a "le platinum should do x!" thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1353030775509.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1353030775509.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>it's a "le platinum should do x!" thread
>>
>>336121668
The best one i heard was "platinum should make Metroid"
>>
>>336121668
Prototype
Deadpool
Tony Hawk

And that's just from IPs Activision owns and can farm out to them for the apparently standard Plat going rate of $95 per game
>>
>>336122332
The only kind of game I don't trust Platinum to make is one where story is more important than gameplay, or one that doesn't have you controlling a person from the third person perspective

I'd say Metroid passes both of those checks, they'd probably do a fine job with it
>>
File: 1405037728928.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1405037728928.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
>dude God Hand with Captain Falcon
>>
>>336122332
If someone makes a thread asking for a game series to get a reboot I usually put FromSoft or Platinum in it regardless of the game.
>>
>>336123048
Plat didn't make God Hand, though
>>
>>336122497
Activision still has the Spidey vidya license, I believe.

>>336123048
This one's still the fucking worse.
>>
>>336123119
Considering Platinum is just Clover under a different name, they technically did.
>>
you know what they SHOULD do? an anarchy reigns sequel.
>>
>>336123316
I'd settle for a good game. Would be a nice change of pace
>>
>>336123316
Anarchy Reigns was DOA. They'd gain nothing from doing a sequel.
>>
>>336123286
Mostly true but Shinji Mikami directed God Hand and he left Platinum after Vanquish, so expecting something God Hand esque now from them may be a pipe dream
>>
>>336121668
I can't believe they're making a TMNT game
>>
>>336123316
Anarchy Reigns was fucking terrible. It suffered from Musou syndrome; wide as the ocean, shallow as a puddle. It had eleventy billion characters with like 3 combos each.

If Plat did an AR sequel, it would need to use T:D character balance, with the attack sets being weapon-specific and allowing characters to hot-swap weapons, with maybe some stats and a single ability as the only character distinction. The gameplay suffers severely by stretching out the total in-game move set such that only a tiny fraction is available to you based on your character choice.
>>
>>336123747
Rocksteady should've done it. Least then it could've had local co-op.
>>
>>336123747
It looks just okay. I was hyped at first but the more I see of it the more I think it looks like the worst parts of T:D and Korra put together.

I'll still buy it, but I'd bet after beating it I fire up T:D again instead of replaying it. The only intriguing part of it is the traversal mechanics, and it looks like their incorporation into combat is minor.
>>
>>336123882
Yeah, how TD mixed the transformations into the fighting and movement was great. I'd legit love it if a Bayo 3 could do that as well.
>>
File: goodgrief.gif (19 KB, 202x225) Image search: [Google]
goodgrief.gif
19 KB, 202x225
>>336121668
>>
>>336124016
T:D did so many things right. Having the dodge be a conditional attack command was one of those insights that's up there with Witch Time on the list of "mechanics that every action game would be better for having".

Incorporating aiming into the combat rather than having guns be slow-walk juggle extenders was a long-overdue design choice (and it's nice to see they're retaining it for future games like Nier and TMNT)

The idea of timing-window doubling, with a perfect dodge/block leading to focus and then a perfectly timed attack right as focus triggers being a counterattack was a great counterbalance to "timed dodge > immediately mash like a disphit" gameplay, though I do wish the game retained charge modifiers.

If they ever make a Bayo 3, I hope it borrows heavily from T:D and expands on what it did rather than going back to being a DMC clone
>>
>>336124574
Who's the director for TD anyways? Because TD definitely felt closer to Bayonetta than Korra did. Also, the gunplay in TD gives me hope of a new PG shooter still be good despite Mikami leaving after Vanquish.
>>
>>336125301
Kenji Saito.

Ironically, the guy who directed MGR made the Activision licensed game the least like MGR.
>>
>>336125301
But TD's gunplay was sort of lackluster.

I'd have preferred the removal of the top-to-bottom energon pool, and weapon balance be based around magazine capacity / reload rate rather than being a vessel for endless spraying.

I think it's pretty telling that Wheeljack is the most poorly-regarded character in T:D, despite having some pretty exploitable abilities (like post spark attack burnouts) because he was the one the game balanced around gun use.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.