[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THEORY: Nintendo NX will release in Q4 of 2017.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Q4release.jpg (154 KB, 1424x800) Image search: [Google]
Q4release.jpg
154 KB, 1424x800
Nintendo at this moment simply canĀ“t afford to announce how far away NX really is.
March 2017 gives us what, ~4 extra months to "get the games ready"? 4 months ain't shit when developing a game, this will hardly make a difference.
Let alone how stupid it would be to not have their new console at a big -real world- conference, and launching outside of the holiday season.

Nintendo will set itself up right before the next generation starts (2018) to fill the needs of all those longing for something fresh and new, just like they did with the Wii U.

Calling it now:
>Jan 2017: This is NX, please look forward to E3 where it will be playable.
> E3 2017: Have fun with all these playable games on our huge E3-booth. "NX Releases November 2017!".
> November 2017: NX launches, Zelda WiiU/NX is a launchgame.

Hence Zelda WiiU's releasedate on the press section at nintendo.com getting changed from 'March 2017' to just '2017'.

They're just feeding us the delays in small doses, look at Zelda WiiU: "2015, of wait 2016, oh wait 2017". As if they didn't know it would be 2017 when they put 2016 on those 10sec of footage last November. But they couldn't tell us that.

What do you guys think?
>>
What's this board obsession with Nintendo failing anyway?
>>
>>336114471
theyre scared
>>
Nintendo
- dying since 1889
>>
File: based.jpg (156 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
156 KB, 1600x900
>still Nintendoomsaying
>after Nintendo thoroughly BTFO people like you

The icing on the cake is they even waited a few days so you faggots would keep building up, while they had this ace in the hole the entire time.
>>
The nintendrones will scream doomed and strawman
>>
>>336114506
Schadenfreude.

That and autism. Mostly autism.
>>
>>336114471
OP here, I'm not anti-nintendo. I just think this is what will be happening.

It would be better for NX (more games ready, better/cheaper tech available etc.). It's just horrible for Wii U owners mostly.
>>
>>336114349
You missed the part where AT LEAST since Spring last year, they've mived a lot of pronecys from the Wii U to the NX, resulting in us getting Zelda delayed and nothing but localized and B-Team games. I don't think they can afford to go til 2018 with absolutely nothing on the Wii U it just isn't a feasable for Nintendo, PLUS if the releaae the NX that late no ammount of games will save it, as proven by the PS4 and XBONE that the better the graphics, the better sales. Of course Nintendo will also have to secure the yearly shovelware to get those sales (COD, FIFA, etc)
>>
>>336114858
I see where you're coming from, but on these big timescales, why delay for 4 months which comes with a lot of downsides when you can also delay for 10 months with a lot of upside potential (E3, holidays, development time etc.)

I think nintendo CAN afford another year long draught. 50% of the WiiU lifecycle has been nothingness. We just had one year of nothing + a remake here and there, they could do this for a second year np.
>>
Please kill yourself
>>
>>336114349
nintendo don't want to come out at the same time PS5 and XBOX TWO come out, it'll just be wii u all over again. thats why they need to get the NX out as soon as possible, they need to get that technological parity to even stand a chance
>>
>>336114349
>March 2017 gives us what, ~4 extra months to "get the games ready"? 4 months ain't shit when developing a game, this will hardly make a difference.

You can't get your games to be ready if your hardware isn't ready. And supposedly there was a major mix up between processes for the X1.5 and the NX in one of AMD's fabrication plants.
>>
>>336115681
>supposedly there was a major mix up between processes for the X1.5 and the NX in one of AMD's fabrication plants.

Wait what?
>>
>>336115681
You can't make a claim of a processor fabrication mixup and not give a source. Unless, of course, you're a tremendous faggot.
>>
>>336115986
>Wait what?

https://web.archive.org/web/20160501122453/http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212187&page=84

>>336116876

Holy hell are you a condescending prick.
>>
>>336117127

Post 4174 btw
>>
>>336115313
Because then they give the market more time to get saturated.
At best the console market had somewhere between 150m-200m unique customers.
Now already PS4+ X1 combine 60m sales, so lets say every 2nd xbone user owns a PS4 then you have 50 million unique customers. Thats ~1/4-1/3 of the potential market, already lost. People that are nearly impossible for nintendo to get as customers the next few years.
They simply cant wait longer or there will be no one left who wants to buy a console for the next few years, because the PS4+Xbone already saturated the market.
>>
Does 2016 feel like some sort of blank year to anyone else?

Is anything nice happening this year? All I want is for it to end and for 2017 to start already.
>>
>>336117295
There will be quite a few games.
Obviously if you only are on nintendo platforms its a horrible year.
>>
First console was Nes but after seeing how shitty Nintendo has been for the past couple years they deserve all the hate. Hell they don't even deserve to go out like Sega, they deserve far worse. They refuse to pay attention to their user base and keep trying to tell us what to like. I've seriously never seen a company more out of touch with their user base then them. And I mean from any entertainment medium not just videogames.
>>
>>336114349
it will most likely get pushed back, but it's launch lineup will still be rushed garbage like that last several games they've pushed out.
>>
File: 1440756763534.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1440756763534.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>336114691
Nigga, you posted this exact pasta a few hours ago. Who the fuck are you even trying to fool?
>>
File: mjcrybanderas.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
mjcrybanderas.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>336115986
>>336117127
>>336117168

>AMD mistakes the the new Xbox chips for the NX and produces them
>Ends up being a mistake and now Nintendo has to launch in 2017

Bravo, Ayymd
>>
>>336114654
>Plastic figures for 8yo kids
>ace in the hole
AYYYY
>>
No. Nintendo can't afford launching November 2017 it's clear they've moved development almost entirely to NX Zelda is probably the last notable release for the Wii U they can't afford to ride out another year with no releases. If you think the 2016 release schedule is bad for Wii U imagine 2017
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.