[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here got a HTC Vive yet? Getting mine tomorrow.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: HTC-Vive_Black.jpg (892 KB, 3600x2251) Image search: [Google]
HTC-Vive_Black.jpg
892 KB, 3600x2251
Anyone here got a HTC Vive yet? Getting mine tomorrow.
>>
File: Average VR Owner.jpg (71 KB, 832x538) Image search: [Google]
Average VR Owner.jpg
71 KB, 832x538
Yeah its pretty dope
>>
It's ok, the visuals are pretty fucking shit though, especially if you have used a Gear VR.
>>
>inb4 VR means strap screens on your eyes
>>
>>336112915
VR means anything that simulates reality, you don't even need visuals. A screen slapped close to your eyes with lenses to simulate depth do a pretty good job on budget to make a nice consumer-viable experience.
>>
>>336112838
>It's ok, the visuals are pretty fucking shit though, especially if you have used a Gear VR.
>>336112838
So, shut the fuck up?
>>
>>336112838
Are you judging this from Vive Pre or consumer version?
>>
File: 1458627064817.jpg (46 KB, 766x460) Image search: [Google]
1458627064817.jpg
46 KB, 766x460
>vr
>>
>>336113298
Pre, it's exactly the same as the consumer version though, bar the headstrap.
CV1 is just as bad despite fanboys on the Internet claiming it has superior visuals than the Vive.

Honestly the Galaxy S7 screen is just way too good.

I think it's also in part the Fresnel lenses. I feel like they do give you noticeably more accurate depth perception which is great for more complex desktop games but the god rays and rings on the screen are pretty bad.

Take all my talk about fresnel lenses and depth with a grain of salt, I don't know shit about optics, it's just how it feels to me.
>>
>>336113728
Well, like I said, getting mine tomorrow and if I'm disappointed I'll just sell it on eBay for profit.

I don't think I will be disappointed because, IMO, it's not all about resolution.
>>
>>336113871
You'll probably enjoy it, no one else that has tried mine has complained about resolution or god rays, I'm just autistic.
>>
>>336113994
I wonder why they both went with the hybrid lenses if the gearvr's regular ones are as good as you say.
What are your observations in regards to FOV?
>>
>>336114110
The Vive lenses feel more like "real vison" than the Gear VRs even if the quality is worse. It's not a huge difference but it's perceptible.

The FOV is alright to bad but if you take off and bend the lower part of the cushion it's fucking great, I don't know why the made it so thick, the cushion makes you lose like 20° of FOV... for real.
If you do that It's kinda uncomfortable though, I prefer getting less FOV. Hopefully they'll make alternative cushions eventually.
>>
>>336112559
I got mine a week ago. Sadly the roomscale thing gets old pretty fast. Now I only want some games to play seated.

>inb4 fatass

Nah, I'm pretty fit, but it gets boring. It reminded me of the Wii, you show it to your friends and it's fun for a while, but when you wan't to play Zelda waving your arms like a fucktard it's not cool.
>>
I have a car to buy first but I'm considering either the Vive or Oculus when prices come down. Got to say the roomscale stuff looks a lot more interesting than I first thought.
>>
>>336115032
>have a car to buy
>can't afford $800

you probably shouldn't buy a car if you can't afford the proper maintenance schedule.
>>
>>336114724
I honestly can't rate room scale yet because there's literally nothing to play on it beside glorified spade invaders clones. I'll wait until real games (inb4 never) come out for it before giving an opinion.
>>
>>336115174
You do know that I'd have to pay for both, right?
>>
>>336115283
if you can't pay for both you're too poor for either one on their own.
>>
>>336114724
When it comes to standing vs room-scale though, you gotta admit that room-scale is way better, right?
Really wish I didn't have to move eveything to our living room to get that though.
I do agree with wanting more seated content. Lots of times I want to relax and play something and that mostly ends up with being non-VR games
>>
>>336115214
This is literally the best game with roomscale
http://store.steampowered.com/app/400940/

but even that is boring
>>
>>336115414
Or, you know, be an adult, choose the important one and wait for the other to go down in price, because it's a luxury right now.

But you keep on trying to sound all elite from your mom's basement, Trustfund Kid.
>>
>>336115949
or you know think about the realities of if you can't handle an $800 purchase in a month right now in comfort you aren't going to be able to handle a $2000 engine when your shitbox blows up on you.
>>
File: tilt.jpg (53 KB, 986x619) Image search: [Google]
tilt.jpg
53 KB, 986x619
The games look fun but I'm most excited about the creative prospects for it. I'm hoping for a VR version of Zbrush or Sketchup to appear soon.

https://virtualart.chromeexperiments.com/
>>
>>336116476
I don't know which junkyard your family buys their pickups from but I've never had to pay over $200 a time for repairs and my old car has had a lot replaced.

Besides, even if it were $800, I would pay that because it's for transport and not a bloody game system, you underage idiot.
>>
>Damian Broderick invents the term's modern meaning in literature in the 80s.
>"VR."
>"Virtual Reality."
>"Its Virtually Reality."
>"It's so close to reality, it's basically real!"

>Today.
>Hi rez Virtual Boy controlled with wands.
>>
>>336116846
>poor tier shitbox driver that goes to a shop for repairs
>has to buy a slightly less used shitbox to replace his current poor tier shitbox

this is why you will remain forever poor.
>>
>>336116476

>Engine exploding in a car, ever.
>An engine costing 2k installed, ever.

Found the moron. A transmission would have been a better analogy.
>>
>>336117369
>he doesn't have an engine that costs at least $2000

found another poorfag
>>
Our schools principal decided to get one of these and it is pretty dope.

Just need some actual games since the current ones just feel like tech demos and nothing more.
>>
>>336117710
sounds like every game that's come out since 2009
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.