[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went so terribly wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (41 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
41 KB, 460x215
what went so terribly wrong
>>
Your taste.
>>
>selling it even though they clearly stated it will be free
>still no Xen
>>
They dragged everyone on for years, I have a PCPP mag from 2008 with them going on about it, it was leaked in like 2010 and I had a chance to play it, not much of the game was done but it looked nice. Then when they released it wast finished but whatever it was free, then they decided to charge for it and by that point it had aged and the whole point was defeated then they never finished it.

In the 2008 issue of PCPP they talked about everyone who was involved and it was a distributed group of triple A guys out of the job. I assume they all got jobs and stopped giving a shit about it.
>>
File: wE9t9mj.jpg (42 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
wE9t9mj.jpg
42 KB, 708x1000
>>336110035
Mostly this. Pretty much enjoyed everything else.
>>
>>336109873
>say the mod will be free and future updates will be free as well
>release the mod on Steam in Early Jewcess with a pricetag and proceed to say the mod version is deprecated and no longer being supported
>release it on steam, for 20$ AND STILL NOT HAVE XEN
>Keep shitting out updates for their CoD clone multiplayer component that nobody plays and not work on Xen or proper implementations of On a Rail and Surface Tension both of which have been castrated to 5 minute long microlevels

It's literal garbage, the voice acting for soldiers is a literal 12 year old with a 5$ microphone and rest of voice acting ain't any better.

You have to be a braindead graphicsfag to prefer this over original HL1 with HQ Model Pack or HL1 Source.
>>
I enjoyed it, but after waiting for years and fucking years it still took me months to play through it, it was just TOO similar to the original game, no artistic license.
>>
It's great. I haven't played it since the free version in 2012 or whatever. I look forward to a full release. Have they said what's taking them?
>>
>>336111745
They've been shitting out new maps constantly for their shitty multiplayer component and ignoring SP entirely.
>>
>>336111408
>they replaced the voice acting
Why? Is it because they're charging for it so they can't use the originals
>>
>>336109873
>hurr durr let us remake xen completely in our headcanon form even though this is supposed to be a HD version, not a conversion

that's why
>>
I think one issue was the complete silence on their part for most of the dev process. Even now they refuse to discuss anything outside of XEN WIL COME EVENTUALLY.
>>
>>336109873
it does almost everything wrong
>>
>>336111408
>not just playing the original chunky pixel version

literally why? source is broken.
>>
>>336111826
For years I read of a vocal piece of /v/s memesters praise Half Life Death Match, so they should be jumping at joy........ I'm sure a separate chunk is working on SP.
>>
Paid
>>
Although the game should just be a HD version of Half Life in the Source engine, it isn't. They go off on silly tangents and ruin certain areas. Instead of being a corny product of the 90s, a lot of the npcs have this melodramatic crappy soap opera feel to them.

The gunplay is somehow worse and all the weapon models and animations aren't very good. You'd think if they were making it their own ~thing~ they'd improve the way the weapons worked.

On a Rail and Surface tension were rather gutted from their original designs. Almost every single part of the game doesn't make a good use of the technology provided. Inbound and Anomalous Materials are probably the only properly done areas, maybe Lambda Core at a push, but everywhere else doesn't make a good use of the source engine.
>>
Also the MP5 reloading animation doesn't include a slap. Instead Gordon just timidly pinches it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.