[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What about Adrian? I hope he still has his magical touch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_n5sf7tifQe1qbj64co1_400.jpg (61 KB, 353x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5sf7tifQe1qbj64co1_400.jpg
61 KB, 353x240
What about Adrian? I hope he still has his magical touch
>>
>>336107920
No way he did the D44M models; refuses to believe those over designed yet bland atrocities are his
>>
>>336108383
he didnt, other people did them based on his models.
>>
>>336108383
He's talking about Blackroom since Adrian is working on that. Of course he didn't D44M since that looks like garbage.
>>
File: 1433766847017.gif (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1433766847017.gif
27 KB, 500x500
>>336108383
>>336108685
>pssh, the new doom is NOTHING like the original game, everyone who buys this garbage is a mindless drone, unlike me
>>
>>336108852
5$ have been deposited to your account, keep up the good work.
>>
>>336108852
m8 the new cacodemon looks like a fucking scrotum; not some monstrosity born in the pits of hell.
>>336108685
I thought Blackroom got cancelled recently?
>>
>>336108685
last game he was involved? Doom 3?
>>
>>336108970
>I thought Blackroom got cancelled recently?
No. They stopped the kickstarter for now and will come back with it when they've made an actual demo for the game. They're gonna make the demo first, show the actual game off, and then start the crowdfunder so that people can actually see what they're paying for.

I think that's a good idea.
>>
>>336109013
Yep, he was forced out of the company in 2005 much like Romero was earlier. He was forced because he got upset Carmack and the higher ups starting fucking with his work much like Romero originally got upset Carmack started fucking with Quake 1. The Quake 1 we got is not the original vision Romero had for the game, it was supposed to be full on Lovecraftian. Romero got pissed back then and started making a fuss so Carmack forced him out of the company.
Fast forward few years and they did the same to Adrian after he got upset his designs were being changed.
Adrian in fact went public with info on this how they kept changing locks to his office so he couldn't get in, constantly locking him out of decision making process, having secret meetings without him and so on to basically force him to quit until he did.
Carmack is a fucking sociopath.
>>
>>336108970
>cancelled
No, they already had 150k and 29 days to go, they cancelled the Kickstater only because they felt it wasn't fair to get money on empty promises alone and are now making a full playable free demo to the public with which they plan to start the Kickstarter again.
>>
>>336109278
Romero was forced out because he didn't spend most of his spare time working and instead helped make Hexen good.
>>
>>336109278
Holy shit, source? I thought original Quake was a John Carmack thing, but later they go with actual game because they had not enough time/resources.
>>
>>336109819
Masters of Doom.
Romero had different vision and Carmack fucked with it causing Romero and Carmack to split and ended up with Romero saying fuck you to Carmack and just phoning his work in because he was assmad that his pet project was being raped. Went on to help with Hexen as well instead of working on Quake later.
Carmack and his suits then decided to force Romero out since he wasn't controllable.

History repeated with Adrian and Doom 3 designs which were being altered as per Microsoft's demands.

Carmack has ALWAYS been a cunt.
>>
>>336109819

Masters of Doom.

Carmack is an egotistical fuckhead who manipulates everyone around him to get his way.
>>
>>336110767
Masters of Doom should really be mandatory read requirement to post in Carmack/Romero related threads.
>>
>>336110915
>read

oh, so its not a youtube video

shame
>>
>>336111007
How fucking underage are you to not have heard of Masters of Doom which is basically the most famous piece of vidya literature?
>>
>>336111007
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/masters-of-doom-david-kushner/1100393278
Fucking hell educate yourself you lazy amerifat
>>
>>336108970
Maybe if you stopped thinking about ballsacks all the time you wouldn't have this problem.
>>
>>336111105
>>336111215
nigga make that shit into a mspaint comic or something im not gonna read a wikipedia book for some valve guy
>>
>>336111268
not him but
>these dont look bad cuz ur gey hurr
isn't an argument
>>
>>336111326
0/10
>>
>>336111326
>MS Paint of an almost 400 page long book
>Valve guy
Die and go to hell you lazy illiterate nigger, I legitimately hope you die in the most exquisitely long and painful way imagineable and rot in hell for all eternity.
>>
>>336109374
>because they felt it wasn't fair

It's because the funding was proceeding at a trajectory that would've ended in an un-funded game by the end of the kickstarter period and they realized that they'd maybe have a better chance if they actually had something to show. If they honestly gave a shit about fairness instead of rushing out to get funding they would've had something to show to begin with, they're both worth millions so it's not like they were fucking broke before the kickstarter. I don't know where Romero's hero status came from given he's got a long and documented history of being a pretty shitty person.
>>
>>336111595
>he's got a long and documented history of being a pretty shitty person.
You're confusing him with Carmack.
Daikatana flopped because Romero had no idea how to lead a projecting and was fucking around too much with business parties and he admitted he's terrible at handling project lead position which is why he's not the director or even in management role for Blackroom. They've got actual other people for that and Romero is sticking purely to level design and gameplay.
Also he said they don't need more money than 700k since they've already got a publisher investor willing to give them millions but they need to prove there's interest first by getting 700k initial investment.
It was all said during that 1st day stream.
>>
kevin cloud is my cousin

ask me anything
>>
>>336111925
What's he doing now?
>>
>>336111595

Show some of these documents of him being a shitty person.
>>
>>336111417
The only way someone would make the connection outside of having balls on the brain is if they had a particularly fucked up pair of testicles.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.