[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend Venom Snake was a good guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 1451513717190.png (173 KB, 339x339) Image search: [Google]
1451513717190.png
173 KB, 339x339
Why do people pretend Venom Snake was a good guy?
>>
>>336103994
Because people can't handle the fact that you might be playing as a bad person.
They project themselves on to the playable character and everyone sees themselves as a fundamentally good person regardless of whether or not they actually are.
>>
File: 1442246726072.png (408 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
1442246726072.png
408 KB, 2480x3508
>>336104178
That was deep man.
>>
>kidnaps child soldiers and wants to send them back to the battlefield
>steals men away from their countries
>torture of Huey despite not knowing if he was guilty or not
>Keeping their own metal gear
>potentially housing a nuke
>being the willing pawn of a mad villain
>not fucking Quiet

He truly fell so far and yet I still love Venom.
>>
>>336103994
This >>336104178, but also the fact Venom Snake does seem to be a little more sentimental about his comrades than Big Boss. At that point in his life Big Boss probably wouldn't play in the rain with a mute woman like some kind of awkward high schooler in a John Green novel, either.

Venom was still a cunt though, even if he got fucked over hard. He still went along with Big Boss's assholish ideas.
>>
>>336104658
There's really nothing to like about him as a character. He doesn't have much personality or any real agency in the story.
>>
>>336103994
Because he did not make direct choices like Ocelot & Kaz, and isn't as much of an asshole as Big Boss.
But people forget that even if Venom is more passive and peaceful than the characters surrounding him, he doesn't stop them from doing fucked up shit and keeps being their tool.
He's clearly stuck between his medic personality and being Big Boss but that makes him a gray area character, not a good guy.
>>
>>336106808
Given the whole Outer Heaven thing Venom is more than gray.
>>
File: 1442371842890.png (2 MB, 1258x1968) Image search: [Google]
1442371842890.png
2 MB, 1258x1968
>>336104658
Venom's interactions with his men seem far more natural than BBs.
>>
>>336107414
Probably because ultimately he is a diamond dog/MSF not BB. While BB is propped up as a father to his men he cares far more about the greater mission than his men individually. Although thats probably because so many MSF troops died due to Skullface.
>>
>>336106597
All he really seems to give a fuck about is the wellbeing of his soldiers.
He doesn't talk to Skullface because he doesn't care about anything Skullface is saying. He just wants to hurry up and finish the mission so he can go home and cook some burgers with Kaz.
>>
File: nixon.png (123 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
nixon.png
123 KB, 640x352
Both Venom Snake and Big Boss are terrible fucking people. They did everything wrong.
>>
>saved children, and puppy dogs and russians
>went on to create the best country ever
>didn't go do gay ass illuminati bullshit like everyone else and their dog
>threw the shifty cripple off the oil rig
>didn't raise his kid to be an evil brit
Because he was.
>>
I'm going to write down all my opinions that I came up with on my own and act like its the truth because if I don't I'll realize how ridiculous and stupid the plot of every MGS game is.
>>
>>336108360
>>
>>336107914
This. Venom is the most perfect husbando there ever was and OP is a gay homo fag.
>>
>>336106597
I think he actually tells us a lot about himself just through the body language. When mission 43 happens we can see he really loves his men even though he knows he has to kill them. The meta of this game kind of explains this as we are supposed to feel the same way about shooting all of our troops that we spent ages recruiting.
>>
>>336104658
>kidnaps child soldiers and wants to send them back to the battlefield
false, he saved the kids from become another solider

>steals men away from their countries
false, they were already kicked out of their own countries.

>torture of Huey despite not knowing if he was guilty or not
false, he was proven guilty for murdering strangelove by locking her inside that AI machine.

>Keeping their own metal gear
Nothing wrong with this. It serves as a deterrent against other people's nukes.

>potentially housing a nuke
Nothing wrong with this. Others will think twice before attacking if you have a nuke.

>being the willing pawn of a mad villain
He wasn't willing... he just didn't know beforehand. But once he found out... he took control and became the real Big Boss.

>not fucking Quiet
meh... Quiet has that english language noise aids.
>>
>>336108961
Venom pls go
>>
I sure would like the option to do nothing wrong. Still salty that you never became a demon.
>>
>>336108578
nice facebook quote faggot
>>
>>336109889
If you want to become a demon, roll around on D-Walker and use the flamethrower on everybody.
>>
>>336108598
Yeah, but that's it. That's all there is. He's a little sentimental. Neat.

The fact is Venom lacks personality because he's only supposed to be a player avatar that looks like Big Boss and fills his role.
>>
>>336108961
TPP's ending timeline suggests that he was still working with Big Boss during the Outer Heaven Uprising.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.