[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite Zelda temple/dungeon /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
What's your favorite Zelda temple/dungeon /v/?
>>
E
>>
>>336102597
Unironically this one.
>>
>>336102617
REH
>>
File: wt.jpg (29 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
29 KB, 800x600
>>336102597
>>
>>336102597
Mine is hqdefault too
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbYWbFHC-B8
>>
>>336102597
you posted it
>>
Forest Temples are always shit. The only remotely decent one is the Forbidden Forest in Wind Waker.
>>
>>336102757
I know I sound like a contrarian, but I never understood the reason why people consider this temple hard.
Before coming to /v/ I always thought it was pretty much like any other temple, nothing really remarkable about it.
>>
>>336102597
Forest Temple was fun, but i couldnt listen to the song for very long without feeling very unsettled as a child. Still kinda spoopy today.
>>
>>336104306
It's how bland, boring, and slow it is. The puzzles aren't hard, but you can end up making big mistakes while drudging through it, out of sheer boredom.

3DS sped it up immeasurably.
>>
spirit temple.

always liked forest temple the least, and didn't mind the water temple
>>
>>336104306
I think the whole reason behind it is knowing when to raise and lower the water, iirc one kinda just has to assume for the most part. Masterquest fucks it all up though, that and lord jabujabu's belly.
>>
File: 6ce.png (137 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
6ce.png
137 KB, 350x350
I liked the desert temple in Twilight Princess.
>>
>>336104019
haha no.
>>
File: Dark Link.png (6 KB, 358x373) Image search: [Google]
Dark Link.png
6 KB, 358x373
Grand palace.

I don't know why, but i like it.
>>
E H
H
>>
>>336104306
I think it's a kind of PTSD. When you're a kid it seems really hard because things aren't laid out in front of you like the other dungeons. I'm actually replaying OoT for the first time in over a decade and all the dungeons I thought were hard as a kid are quite easy now. For example, I thought Jabu-Jabu was the hardest dungeon when I was 9, now at 26 it took about 20 minutes to finish.
>>
Zelda games don't have very good dungeons.

wish they'd switch up the formula more.

the first three in OOT were brilliant and felt like organic places, and the fact they didn't have boss keys was nice.

more like that would be a welcome change. instead of slapping an element with the word "temple".
>>
File: MAHBOI.gif (3 MB, 384x239) Image search: [Google]
MAHBOI.gif
3 MB, 384x239
Spirit > fire > forest > water > shadow

Dodongo > deku tree > jabu
>>
>>336102597
Forest Temple, Spirit Temple, Shadow Temple, Turtle Rock.
>>
In OoT, Spirit easily
>>
>>336104306
It's mostly due to the water levels messing with people. That then gets combined with the constant pausing to equip and unequip the boots.

When I was younger, I would always miss the middle room thing, with the water level at either 2 or 3 so the block would float upwards.
>>
>>336102597
from OOT, i'd probably have to say shadow temple. but i equally hate it as much as i love it.
that's why it'll always be special for me.
>>
>>336104747
>Inside a king fish
>Inside a tree
>Inside a dinosaur

Sure is organic up here
>>
>>336104695
Same.
As a kid I remember getting stuck somewhere on the fire temple, more than 15 years later I finished the same temple on the blink of an eye.
>>
>>336102597
Boss not withstanding, I love the pirate ship in SS
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FLQ_h_LaqA
>>
>>336104747
Well, the whole point of the first three dungeons were that they weren't temples. And of course they felt organic, two of them were literally inside living things. The fact that the five other ones were actually temples was relevant to the plot of the game though, so I don't see any reason for complaints.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FLQ_h_LaqA
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.