[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: Hitman.jpg (334 KB, 1924x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hitman.jpg
334 KB, 1924x1200
Paris VS Sapienza, which level was better?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10097894
>>
Sapienza, definitely. I enjoyed Paris a lot as well, though.
>>
Sapienza is comfier and has a cooler mansion and secrets inside it. Also, Salvio is a better hit than either Novikov or Dalia.
>>
I enjoyed both and can't choose between one. I also liked the Military Base even if it was a smaller level.

>>336102295
Fuck off
>>
>>336100916
Why don't they just release a HD remake of BM?
Everybody wins.
>>
I like new hitman more than BM
>>
>>336103629
Because the people that liked Blood Money like me already played that game (possibly hundreds of times) and want new content. Why would you be interested in paying for the same levels again?
>>
>>336103629
>>336106132
Also, they already released a HD Remake of Blood Money plus Contracts and Silent Assassin
>>
>>336106387
It's not a remake by any definition.
>>
File: -Flying Fire Exinguishers.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
-Flying Fire Exinguishers.webm
1 MB, 640x360
bump
>>
>>336100916
Sapienza hands down. Paris is a big level but it's basically one mansion on a map. Sapienza has so many different areas put together and is really well put together.
>>
>>336107135
The other kill is much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjcc243GyHc
>>
>>336106665
Yeah, but do you really want to have a remake with the same levels? That's part of what sucked about the second half of Contracts. I want to see new locations and new targets and new interesting ways of killing them.
>>
>>336107374
I'm not the one calling for a remake, I don't want one. Just saying that there isn't a remake already.
>>
File: brb.gif (890 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
brb.gif
890 KB, 305x320
>Finish the two new escalation missions
>Look at the escalation menu
>The escalations I just completed have a checkmark
>The other ones I completed before don't
>Scores were wiped out
God fucking damn it. I thought I was done with this game until next Tuesday at least, now I HAVE TO finish these escalations too.

11 down, 3 to go
>>
File: 1458896167955.webm (351 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1458896167955.webm
351 KB, 960x540
>>
Fuck the escalation where you have to kill non-targets to get their disguises because you can't pacify them and the disguises don't exist on the level without being worn by someone.
That's some grade A bullshit. How did it even pass QA?
>>
>>336110107
They added some sort of disguise, but only added one of them so it's irrelevant.
>>
New level is far better
>>
Paris is getting shat on, feels bad.
Honestly, it's hard to tell which level is better for now because everyone is still on their honeymoon period with Sapienza.
>>
Does anyone have the leaked briefing video for the elusive targets?
>>
>>336112642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQpE7_cbZ4&feature=youtu.be
Here you go, fampai.
>>
>>336112443
Sapienza is definitely the better of the two, but probably won't be the best map overall.
>>
>>336113178
Hell, even if Sapienza is the best we get, as long as the 6 maps are all around the quality, I'd still be a happy camper.

Although I suspect Morocco is gonna suck.Just a hunch.
>>
>>336110107
what disguise?
almost all of them can be found in various apartments around town. So far I've found Guard, Kitchen Aide, Gardener, Church worker (or whatever), and Mansion Staff

haven't started on escalations though, so not sure if it's one of hose
>>
>>336112443
it's not a matter of honeymoon period for me at all

Paris was a really cool concept, and well put together, but Sapienza's kind of mini sprawling town is the kind of setting I've dreamed about in a hitman game, and it's executed pretty much perfectly.
>>
>>336113751
The escalation I'm talking about is in Paris.
>>
>>336100916
you kidding? Are you a marketer or something?

It's so obviously Sapienza by far that I don't really see why would anyone make a poll like this.

3 times bigger, way more organic than Paris, many different kinds of environments, old-fashioned Hitman goofy stuff.

Let's just hope the upcoming maps are as good.
>>
File: happy frog.jpg (28 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
happy frog.jpg
28 KB, 400x388
Finally done with all the escalations. Let's hope they don't reset them again.
>>
>>336113390
It's going to be Afghanistan all over again. Fuck I hated those levels.
>>
D E N U V O
E
N
U
V
O
>>
File: REEEE.jpg (43 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
43 KB, 900x900
>>336114435
>Motorcade Inception
>Tunnel Rat
>>
>>336114897
I don't see what people have against Tunnel Rat.
It wasn't horrible; it was just mediocre.
>>
>>336115109
It's very under rated in how bad it is. The most boring of missions. The objective at the end with the cargo basically requires you to kill a bunch of guards so they don't spot you. It's the hugest pain in the ass.

Big and open, but completely empty. Just straight up anti-fun.
>>
>>336115807
Hitman 2 had a FUCKTON of bad missions

2/3 of the japanese ones, Motorcade Interception, Tunnel Rat, the last of the russians ones.
>>
>>336116056
The last Russian ones? The only Russian mission I disliked was the Tubeway Torpedo, where it was way too long and linear. The rest of the Russian missions were pretty great.

But yeah, Afghanistan and Japan were the spot where the weakest missions were. And because of that, India is very under rated, because a lot of people didn't even get to that with all the bullshit before it.
>>
I feel like Sapienza has a lot more freedom of movement compared to Paris which was pretty gated behind suspicious guards on every stair case or that one pipe to climb between levels at the back. Security is pretty tight at the mansion but there's still enough holes to slip through so that you never feel as restricted.
>>
>>336107609
Literal OCD
>>
>>336116321
I meant that one.
The sniper one and the German embassy one were good.
The only Japanese missions i liked were the sushi one and the castle one.
>>
>>336116806
The sushi one kind of loses appeal when you realize it can only be done one way.
>>
>>336107165
My only gripe with Sapienza is unrelated to the game, and just that it really doesn't look anything like the Amalfi Coast, where the game says it's located.
>>
>>336117859
Lmao I didn't even know that was a real location, I thought they made that one up too.
>>
>>336117212
This, also i think the real problem with the Hitman 2 missions was the lack of choices.
They were pretty much one sided.
>>
>>336117859
For someone who has never been there, it's close enough.
>>
File: amalfi-coast.jpg (367 KB, 1280x915) Image search: [Google]
amalfi-coast.jpg
367 KB, 1280x915
>>336117859
>>336118090
forgot pic
>>
>>336117957
It's actually a really interesting location, because the architecture is quite unique in that it's vertical, with multiple thin levels connected by staircases, on sheer cliff faces. Lots of tight streets and buildings on buildings (definitely no courtyards or plazas like in Sapienza), and cats roam around and rule because of how easy it is to traverse the area. The only real roads are between the towns, not in them, and run directly along the cliff edges. The only vehicles you ever see are buses, smart cars and scooters.

I just feel like they didn't put much effort into recreating the place, and question why they specifically namedropped Amalfi in the first place.
>>
What the fuck is up with these weapon unlocks? Was the Hitman fanbase clamoring for near-future tacticool weapons and artic camo?

I just want to be able to customize my silver baller, a simple, suppressed pump action shotgun, and a sniper rifle that can be concealed in a case.

Fuck off with all these Call of Duty shit
>>
File: klo.png (100 KB, 764x242) Image search: [Google]
klo.png
100 KB, 764x242
tfw

will this even connect and let me play
>>
>>336118138
Not nearly as colorful, but aside from that it nails it pretty well.
>>
>>336119146
>peak at less than .33 MB/s
fucking abysmal m8
>>
>>336119146
I think so. Sometimes my internet goes real shitty for a time and the game goes on like nothing's happening.
Online-Based Menus might be slow for you, though.
>>
Paris was better, honestly. Everyone is just sick of it because they played it to death.

A lot more routes around the place, more action going on, Victor had a longer patrol route, there were timed, unscripted events.

Paris took me 20 hours to complete. Italy took me 9.
>>
File: mfw frogposting.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
mfw frogposting.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
Alright, who the fuck voted for the Yacht.
The Military Base I can even understand, it's a small but fun and interesting level.
But the Yacht? Really? The tutorial-ass level? Come on.
>>
>>336119087
What do you want to customize the silver baller for? Seems like it works like the silver baller to me. The only thing I want is the ability to dual-wield silverballers and have sniper rifles inside cases.
>>
I wish they made the tutorial levels into actual levels instead of recreations. It would have just been an aesthetic change, but it would have improved them a lot.
>>
>>336119590
Yacht was fucking garbage, serving only as a small showcase of all the basic mechanics of the game arranged so that you could step from one to the next in seconds
>>
>>336119783
I thought the wooden movie-set look to it was amusing and interesting, tbhfam
>>
>>336119728
Different types of suppressors, extended magazines, long slide, full auto, all the shit that blood money had.

Also, since they already did the artic camp thing, they could add camo as a customization. Black, white, chrome, different woods for the grips, gold, etc...
>>
What will the worst mission be?

I'm betting Morocco or USA. Morocco is going to have too many guards and feel like Splinter Cell. The USA is probably going to be a shitty "infiltrate your own ICA headquarters" mission.

Thailand should be best. Bustling streets, and probably a strip club.
>>
does anyone else fee like a bit of a mug for spending their hard earned on this?

episodic, always online
its a great game though
>>
Sapienza seems like it's better built for some interesting escalations.
>>
>>336120119
I also have a feeling Morocco and USA are gonna be the worst missions of the pack. Japan feels like it will be godlike. How cool would it be if it was snowy Japan again?
>>
>>336120323
The Always Online DRM is complete bullshit and I despise it, but I actually think the episodic format of this game is making me enjoy each level more. I believe it's actually benefiting the game (from a gameplay perspective at least, don't know if it was a wise business decision)

Although I expect delays any time now. There's no way IO will actually go through with one episode per month.
>>
>>336119218
From far off, sure. But it really ignores the fact of how thin and vertical Amalfi Coast towns are. There aren't even any roads in the towns, just footpaths and dozens of layers of stairs. You can't have big house with a courtyard or a shopping plaza or anything like that, as there isn't room - the Amalfi Coast is a big cliffside.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with the sound making mine?
Everytime I simply have it out and crouch, people, even those behind walls hear me, and this is without even placing it. Useless item
Only happens with that mine, but I will say the sensitivity for detection of mine placements in general is shit. Civilians shouldnt be able to immediately identify it as a weapon the second its on the ground. Guards, fine, but this is absurd.
>>
performance wise how good is this garbage
>>
>>336120365
>Interesting escalations

No such thing.

I want to vomit by the time K finish my 3rd run. It is quadruply worse when the new challenges don't even alter your previous paths.
>>
>>336120908
Paris is consistent in performance.
Sapienza has weird frame rate drops in places you wouldn't expect them like rooms in the mansion that have a bunch of objects, but not any people.
>>
>>336120541
Yeah, it took them from the beginning of March to the end of April to do Italy, and it still needed a 4gb day 2 patch and remains buggy as fuck. The later episodes are either going to be really sparse, or will be delayed.
>>
>>336121131
Do you know what escalations are?
>>
>>336120738
Speaking of mines, do you have any idea why sometimes proximity mines just don't work?

I'll lay them down, and a guard will just come over and pick them up and take it to the evidence room.
>>
>>336120119
>probably a strip club
>yfw it's full of ladyboys
>>
>>336121420
Are you sure you didn't put a remote mine? That never happened to me. You place the mine, get away from it and it will have a small beep meaning it's active, from that point forward anyone who gets close goes flying.
>>
>>336121420
never had that happen.
Funny thing though, once I placed one in the meat store and the two people inside just stood still like statues for at least 2-3 minutes before a guard rushed in blowing them up
>>
The leaked Elusive Targets sound way better than the vanilla missions.
>>
>>336119285
Bought the game yesterday.
Paris is shit, it revolves almost exclusively around opportunities, it barely has any humor in it, every path is taightforward, the navigation in the level itself is boring.

Sapienza is organic, way more of a "create your own fun" level with general mood closer to the Hitman's spirit. It's bascally way bigger and way better.
>>
>>336122140
>Paris is shit, it revolves almost exclusively around opportunities, it barely has any humor in it, every path is taightforward, the navigation in the level itself is boring.

Italy is way more centered around opportunities. The two people just wander in a tight circle from scripted kill moment to scripted kill moment.
>>
>>336122140
>keeping opportunities enabled
>>
>>336120119
>Morocco is going to have too many guards and feel like Splinter Cell.
Not necessarily many guards but it'll have tons of people, it would be great if it takes place in a bazaar or something.
>The USA is probably going to be a shitty "infiltrate your own ICA headquarters" mission.
But these are always the best (example: SC:CT)
>>
>>336122324
>The two people just wander in a tight circle from scripted kill moment to scripted kill moment

That seems to be how this game works.
>>
>>336122359
well since it's the only remotely fun thing in Paris, yeah. Anything else apart from the main mission is complete shit in Paris.

>>336122324
>Italy is way more centered around opportunities.
For the main scenario it's as bad as Paris, but for anything else (Contracts, Escalations) it's way better just because it's way more organic.
>>
>>336122469
same with BM
>>
>>336122596
Plenty of targets in BM just sat on their ass and barely moved an inch.
>>
>>336122797
you're right, BM was worse
>>
the one where all the characters weren't speaking american english in the middle of europe. oh wait.
>>
>>336123019
there's a few british accents in there.
I don't know what it is, sjw shit about not wanting to do funny accents or just being cheap.
It's awful though
>>
>>336122140
>>336122594
Dude, turn Opportunities off. In fact, you should turn basically everything off in the gameplay menu.

Opportunities ruin the level by just straight up telling you everything to do. It's much more fun to go around parsing conversations and figuring shit out yourself.
>>
Post yfw in Morocco there will be no way to set up someone with explosives and simulate a suicide attack.
>>
>>336107609
They're gonna wipe the leaderboards again soon.
>>
>>336123518
I also don't think you need them enabled at all. After 8 or so hours in Sapienza I got the achievement for all opportunities and I still don't know what they are exactly.
>>
>>336123019
>>336123271
Hitman has always had the voices be in English when they wanted the player to hear what was being said. The only difference is that they don't have silly wacky over-the-top accents like they did in the other games.

Do you people honestly want every single line to be changed to Italian? Or even worse, to a silly Italian accent?

47 understands Italian, we're listening to conversations through 47's ears. It's a very simple concept.
>>
>>336123557
WHAT!? WHY!?
>>
>>336123758
Bugged timer and some othere things.
>>
>>336123854
Source, please.
>>
use the shovel!
>>
>>336123890
http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/high-score-cheaters/6672
>>
>>336123518
this.
but I think it makes sense to keep minimap and the dots over peoples heads on.

>>336123539
Bullshit, you have at least two mines you can bring in. I slaughtered 298 people in Paris in one run, I'll find a way.

>>336123683
I get that, I'm talking about accents not a language. Funny or over the top accents make each level distinct in tone, they are just being cheap.
Although it would be good to have a few things in French or Italian, other than ambient noise, i.e. having them swear in their native languages in combat would be amusing.
>>
>>336106132
but the new hitman is essentially rehashing all the levels of the previous games and putting them back together. i mean, seriously, a level in italy where you have a villa, a guy who plays golf on his lawn, has a red sportscar, there's a mansion that you can infiltrate with maid disguises etc, a secret research lab, a vineyard..

they literally namedrop "vintage year"
>>
>>336124006
I doubt they'll do another full leaderboard wipe. The issue is not nearly as catastrophic.
>>
>>336123271
It's so they can use the same handful of voice actors for each level and not have to rerecord all of the generic lines in multiple accents/voices.
>>
>>336124271
like I said, cheap.
It's going to be more obnoxious when you're in Thailand and everyone sounds American. Hopefully they replace it in the future, but I doubt i
>>
>>336124013
I meant setting someone up with explosives, not "throw mine somewhere and detonate".
I meant as a way of accidental kill - so it looks like there was a suicide attack.
>>
>>336124079
But the level is still different and new and fresh. It has similarities but a lot of different things as well. You didn't get the laboratory or the ghost sequence or the cannons or the big streets with apartments by the side or the explosive golfball.

It's a new map that is paying tribute to old maps, that's cool. Wanting outright remakes of past levels is lame when they could be doing shit like this instead.
>>
>>336124427
I honestly don't think there's a problem with it and in fact, I prefer the lack of silly accents.
>>
>>336124472
i don't want a remake, i'm not the same guy. and i know they're doing things differently, but for levels that are supposed to be the ULTIMATE hitman experience, they are certainly borrowing too much from past games, and at this stage? it's only the second level of the fucking game. i hope it gets more original.
>>
>>336104263
me too, it feels more like being an assassin than just being a badass. In blood money if you saw a chandelier with a wench you could ALWAYS kill a target with it, in HITMAN (tm) every chandelier has a wench. You need to formulate a plan around the target not the level
>>
>>336124656
I see.
I think that to an extent, you're gonna have to borrow some stuff because the best Hitman levels are levels in cozy locations with civilians and shit, there's only so many scenarios you can come up with.

For example, I want another mission in some kind of moving big vehicle. If not a yacht because it's already been done before, then a plane or a train.
>>
>>336124427
Thailand is the most reasonable one to have American accents. The massive farang community is largely Americans, and all of the schools and private institutions teach native Thais English in American accents.
>>
>>336124807
Can we all at least agree that it's fucking terrible that this game has no subtitle other than a fucking trademark symbol? Was it really that hard to come up with something?
>>
>>336124585
Why do you assume they'd be silly? Or do you just think foreign accents in general are silly?
>>
>>336125021
Well, they were silly in Codename 47 and Contracts. The french accent in Blood Money was also fairly silly.

Silent Assassin implemented it well because they went full "English only when the character is speaking English". But that would most certainly not work in this game. You'd lose a lot of depth.

And I think it's silly to need accents in the first place. We need to understand what they're saying. 47 understands what they're saying. Why distinguish them with their own accent? They're not speaking English with an accent, they're speaking their own language and we're hearing it translated.
>>
>>336124453
ah, I see. You could do something like that in Paris though, if you recall the camera lady you could rig with explosives. There could be something like that

>>336124807
I think the best demonstration of this is all the motorcycles you can wrench in Italy. It's more like the game is telling you: "yeah you can, but so what? what are you going to do with it?"

>>336124975
yes, the marketing is dogshit
>ENTER A WORLD OF ASSASSINATION

Also how is it that BM still has a better blood system? It's actually red and when you a drag a person there blood marks the floor and people notice and follow the trails. That doesn't happen here. It's probably one of my biggest issues with the game.
>>
>cover system
>x-ray
>constant hand-holding
>glowing items and floating "press F to pay respects" symbols floating all over the place
>god knows what else
I don't like what I'm seeing here. How did they fuck up Hitman so hard?
>>
File: 1460212580377.jpg (44 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1460212580377.jpg
44 KB, 601x601
>>336125339
Turn that shit off nigger
>>
So, can we start to collect our constructive criticism for when the next survey comes? It would be cool to have people talk about the same things to give them more weight. Talk about features, though, not necessarily hits. We all love the arty, I know.

+
>Different camera circuits, makes cautious and deliberate movement necessary and also adds to exploration and mastery
>The verticality and open feeling of Sapienza are great. It feels just so good walking around that town
>Sanguine products, make the Hitman world feel connected

-
>Still no human shield, agency suitcase, etc.
>I still don't like how detection is handled. I have the visual detection on because I never know what direction someone sees me from and then I still don't know exactly how far I am from being spotted
>Virus destruction is a bit annoying. I am a hitman, not a secret agent.
>Some triggers still too obvious. e.g. putting the tape in makes Silvio abandon everything and head straight to the observatory. That is not logical
>That weird bug where guards would suddenly stand somewhere where there would be no guard at all
>That key that works on several doors in the town

I currently can't think of more, but I remember having some other things. I should write stuff like this down.
>>
>>336125464
Can you turn any of it off?
>>
>>336125697
almost all of it yes
>>
>>336125697
It's in the settings menu for a reason, skip.
>>
>>336125697
Yes, you can turn all of it off. I don't know why you'd turn off button prompts, though. How else would you know if you can speak to someone?
>>
>>336125697
all of it and if you don't like cover remove your space bar
>>
>>336125320
Yeah, the explosive camera was cool in Paris, but I doubt we will get something like that in Morocco, because it would just be so obvious and sjw would complain because muslims etc.

>>336125339
I like the cover system, it works well for me.
And why don't you have all that shit turned off, scrub?
>>
>>336125775
But I would expect that they've made cover a central mechanic at times.
>>
>>336125339
>cover system
Nothing wrong with that

>x-ray
Turn that shit off immediately, don't be a pleb

>constant hand-holding
Turn that shit off immediately, don't be a pleb

>glowing items
Turn that shit off immediately, don't be a pleb.

>and floating "press F to pay respects" symbols floating all over the place
This has been in every fucking Hitman game. What the fuck, dude. Did you forget the drop down menu that was "Open Door/Look Through Keyhole/Lockpick/Grab Pistol" from Silent Assassin and Contracts? Did you forget the context sensitive buttons in Blood Money? This is just an evolution of those systems that isn't as clunky.
>>
>>336125540
Mashing Q for subduing is also stupid.
And I don't like that you have non-lethal object. I mean, you can easily batter someone with a wrench, can't you? Why not make it like unarmed, non-lethal and lethal option?
>>
>>336125842
There's actually no difference whatsoever between crouching behind an object and sticking to it like cover. The only difference is the better camera view (which is why you should use the system, it's there for a reason)
>>
>>336124862
i've thought about that too, but it would be kind of impossible because of the lack of space. the only thing they could do was make an interactive train on a train station level, or a plane where you can essentially get 2 cutscenes, where you kill everyone and bail out of the plane (which wouldn't fly well with sjws), or you get sleeping gas on the level, and before the arrival, you use it, kill the target and hide hide him and then everyone leaves the plane normally.

so basically, they'll never do it.

personally i'd love a level at a public pool, the main outdoor area with the pool and a bar and space for people, an indoor pool, locker rooms, the surrounding outside area with the parking lot, a couple of shops and apartments, etc
>>
I liked Paris better. I was never big on the cs_italy style maps and sapienza seems too sequential and linear. Kill target A, kill target B, destroy objective C, escape. Paris was way more open right from the start.
>>
>>336125973
Actually, there have been times when I wasn't spotted by a guard until I exited cover, even if I didn't actually change position.
>>
>>336125540
>I still don't like how detection is handled. I have the visual detection on because I never know what direction someone sees me from and then I still don't know exactly how far I am from being spotted
Are you using headphones or speakers? I am using headphones and have the detection meter turned off because I can very easily hear where someone who is noticing me is and how long I have to get out of his sight.
>>
>>336125250
Regardless of if it makes sense, accented English is how we've portrayed foreign languages the audience are supposed to understand since filmgoers collectively decided we all apparently hate reading subtitles.
>>
The only thing I don't like about this game is the awful bit by bit relaese.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5GnEFC-CnY
>>
File: Aeria-luxury-interiors.png (1 MB, 891x540) Image search: [Google]
Aeria-luxury-interiors.png
1 MB, 891x540
>>336126040
Believe it or not, pic related is inside a plane.
You could very easily design a plane from Dubai or something where there's a shit ton of areas and even multiple floors.

That would be such a godlike level.
>>
>>336126302
There are plenty of WWII movies where the Germans are portrayed with British accents. Same with Romans. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>336125823
I'm not entirely sure they would cave, although they did put that square enix multiculturalism disclaimer at the start of the game, which could mean that. The only time they have really caved was with the sikh temple level in 2

>>336125973
>>336125842
The only time I really use cover myself is to press up next to doors so someone coming in can't see me, it's pretty bad ass looking
>>
>>336126302
I like subtitles and generally use them, but I don't think they would work in this game. You'd miss too much dialogue. Hell, the subtitles can't even keep up with what's being said when they speak in English.
>>
>>336123683
>Hitman has always had the voices be in English when they wanted the player to hear what was being said
Give an example. and having a random guard tell you 'no entry' with an accent doesn't count.
>>
>>336125823
>And why don't you have all that shit turned off, scrub?
I don't have the game.

>I like the cover system
Because Hitman is all about chest-high walls.
>>
>>336126378
RIP THE HIPPY APARTMENT SONG, YOU ROMANICHAL PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>336126473
Oh definitely. I'm not suggesting subtitles in an interactive, non-linear presentation is a good idea, because it's not.
>>
>>336123683
>Do you people honestly want every single line to be changed to Italian?
I want it to make sense. In 'traditions of the trade' it made sense that the hotel receptionist and workers will speak some english since it's a hotel, but the other guests and your target speak their native languages like they should
>>
File: SilvioCaruso.png (270 KB, 488x391) Image search: [Google]
SilvioCaruso.png
270 KB, 488x391
Caruso did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>336126735
Except for being an autist loser with no gf who couldn't stand up to his own mother without killing her and being such a crybaby faggot that he felt the need to create a supervirus to kill all the mean bullies who hurt his fee fees. Yeah, other than that stuff, nothing wrong.
>>
>>336126824
>I literally didn't play Sapienza - the post
>>
>>336126378
Jesper Kyde was literally blown the fuck out by Italy
>>
>>336126541
>ARRARM! ARRARM! HE'S PACKING!
>WUNDERSCHON - I CAN RECOMMEND THE FOIE GRAS TODAY.
>VERDAMNT! I WANT TO PLAY! WHY DON'T THEY OPEN THE TABLES?
>THE CHEF IS HERE. LEAVE ME ALONE! JUST GIVE ME THAT FOOD... NOW!
>>
>>336125880
>This has been in every fucking Hitman game.
It was a more expansive set of actions rather than a single context-sensitive floating reticule that narrows down the set of possible actions (so that console players can better play the game) and, to be honest, annoys me and breaks immersion.

>"Open Door/Look Through Keyhole/Lockpick/Grab Pistol"
Exactly.

>>336125973
>There's actually no difference whatsoever between crouching behind an object and sticking to it like cover.
Yes there is; with the latter you're stuck to cover. Plus in most games you magically become a lot harder to spot. And this extra-sensory perception that cover systems give you is pleb nonsense.
>>
>>336126541
Slightly related, but doesn't the street performer have a silly Italian accent?
>>
File: p.jpg (59 KB, 655x374) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
59 KB, 655x374
>>
>>336126702
Actually, you're wrong. Fritz Fruch, who is Austrian, speaks in English by himself when you interact with him. You can speak to him at the restaurant, the casino, the sauna and he always initiates the conversations with you in English.

Same deal with the Meat King in Contracts, he talks to his henchmen in English so you can hear him telling them to fuck off.

Again, every time they wanted you to actually listen to the dialogue, they'd have it be in English. It's no different from now.
>>
>>336126878
All of that information comes from quotes in the level, dummy.

>wahh wahh my mommy cuckolded me
>wahh wahh my mommy didn't love me enough
>wahh wahh my mommy didn't let me leave the house
>wahh wahh I have to kill my mommy
>wahh wahh I have to kill all the meanieheads who made me feel bad because I'm a pissy eyed faggot
It felt good killing that autist. I bet he was a fucking weeb, too.
>>
>>336126885
cn47 doesn't count since it's shit.
the one with the chef is from Meat King's Party? if so i'll give you that, tho you might suggest that his whores spoke another language so he had to speak with them in a common language they'll understand.
I don't remember where the 'he's packing' from.
>>
>>336126940
I don't see how it's narrowing down options at all, the difference is it's much easier to do shit now because you can point at the specific object you want and click the button. It's much more intuitive.

Blood Money was basically like this too, only the context sensitive actions were in a corner below assigned to different console buttons, that was way more "consolized" than this.
>>
>>336127245
I aint the dude you's talkin to but you movin goalposts at the speed of light right now bro

just admit you weren't correct in this particular instance.
>>
>>336127245
>cn47 doesn't count since it's shit.
Traditions of the Trade is godlike, m8. Don't h8.

>tho you might suggest that his whores spoke another language so he had to speak with them in a common language they'll understand
You know that's complete bullshit and just your rationalization. Again, they had him speak in English so you would understand.what he was saying.
>>
File: 236870_20160430134742_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
236870_20160430134742_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
WHO IS THE FUCKING MIME?
When you put rat poison in his drink, he actually walks into the mansion's kitchen area through a door requiring a magnetic keycard.
>>
>>336127543
All NPCs are scripted to go to the nearest bathroom when poisoned, regardless of permissions.
>>
>>336127543
Really? He went right upstairs into the neatest apartments for me and puked into the bin NEXT to the damn toilet
>>
>>336127543
>Killing Mario
>>
File: spec7.png (73 KB, 716x556) Image search: [Google]
spec7.png
73 KB, 716x556
can i run it?
>>
>>336126378
What the fuck is this kek
>>
>>336127070
I forgot all about that from Absolution. I guess thats another feature they cut.
>>
>>336127543
NPCs don't care about permissions?

You can get beach NPCs to wander through the labs with enough thrown objects.
>>
>>336100916

Sapienza by a mile. Didn't care at all for Paris. The level was too crowded and it didn't have Agent 47 smother a nu-male with his own pillow.
>>
>Escalation adds explosive tripwires
>NPCs walk right through them fine

Is there a lazier modern game on the market than this one? The devs didn't even try.
>>
>>336128517
>nu-male
You're confusing one kind of faggot for another. Silvio is much more of /r/edpilled autist than a nu-male
>>
>game comes out
>beat everything
>Italy comes out
>beat everything
>think I've done 100% of challenges
>mfw they added a bunch of shitty vampire feats to Paris
>>
File: tumblr_nv2sozo2lf1ublwb9o1_500.jpg (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv2sozo2lf1ublwb9o1_500.jpg
97 KB, 500x500
What's the point of the church other than getting a scientists outfit? Any other reason why I should be there?
>>
>>336129398
It's a pretty decent way to get both the scientist outfit and the laptop dongle so that you don't have to bother going inside the complex.

That said, when you figure out better ways of completing the mission, the Church becomes pretty much useless.

Although you'll still want to pass by it a lot of times because the charge-able wall between the laboratory and the city is the best shit ever.
>>
>>336129398
The church is a good place to do the Sniper Assassin challenge, since doing the telescope shot counts.
>>
>>336129548

Tell me about this dongle. Does it allow me to fuck up the virus without entering the laboratory??
>>
>>336129398
did you look at the first painting on the left hand wall?
>>
>>336129794
You have to enter the laboratory, but not the facilities inside. You can just put it on the laptop that is on the very end of the laboratory (or rather, at the very start)
>>
>>336129794
You can fuck up the virus without going near the quarantine zone if that's what you mean. There's a laptop up the stairs on the roof of the security building where you can erase the camera feeds where you plug in the dongle and detonate the virus from afar.
>>
File: 432343254.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
432343254.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>336126378
>>
It would be cool if there was an Easter egg where 47 could go to confession, just to reference SA
>>
Anyone running into the bug where NPCs are killed when you try to subdue them?

It didn't happen to me in Paris but I can't fucking subdue anyone in Sapienza without killing them. I've switched controllers, restarted the game multiple times, etc. No fix.
>>
>>336130676
Yes, its a common bug. An update broke the subdue system. Just use a wrench or hammer for now.
>>
>>336130676
yes, so now i just knock them out with cans of pasta sauce
>>
>>336130676
It happens if both of you are in a really closed space.

An easy way to avoid it is to knock people out with objects. Wrenches, cans of expired soda, hammers, whatever is in your that isn't sharp.
>>
>>336130771
>>336130779
>>336130805
Good to know it's not just me then, thanks
>>
>>336128517
Sapienza is filled with nu-males, but Silvio ain't one of them.
>>
>>336128368
For good reason too. What's the point of being stealthy when you can auto-kill multiple guards? It was a shitty mechanic and I'm glad they removed it.
>>
>>336130652
Isn't the confession booth a stash option in Sapienza?
>>
>>336126378
I put 47 spices in the pasta still tastes like ashes in my mouth
I hang my head and cry when I think of spaghetti bolognese that you've made for us both
that summer night in Napoli if it ever gets so making our love
Now I prowl the streets around your house like a beast in the night you're all that I'm thinking of

I stand outside your window painting
Won't you hear me, won't you see

RITORNARE I'm begging you come back to me
RITORNARE I follow you, I'm watching you
RITORNARE Come back to me or I will find 47 ways to make you mine

The taste of wine turns bitter on my tongue
There were candles burning when we made love
I see you lighting candles and I waxed(?) your feet
with that peasantrous(?) dirty hands soiling(?) the table cloth

I watched that swine drinked(?) to its filth
Get rid of him or I swear I will

RITORNARE I'm begging you come back to me
RITORNARE I follow you, I'm watching you
RITORNARE I'm seeking you, thinking of 47 ways to make you pay
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07zAZ49HIGM&list=RD4swAeQGBvAs&index=4
>>
>>336129794
You can get the dongle if you do the Absolution opportunity. Unless you haven't done the related feats/challenge, it's better to just shoot the virus with your gun.
>>
>>336131549
>>336129794
The best way to destroy the virus is the stalagtite
>>
>>336125540
I wish you could look through keyholes again.
>>
You can shoot the virus from any distance as long as you can see it. Even with the Silverballer. No need to go into the lab or use the dongle.
>>
>>336131924
I thought the glass could only be penetrated by the sniper rifle? Unless you meant shooting the stalagtite above the vius...
>>
>>336132595
Turns out you don't need it, you can just shoot it with any old gun
>>
>>336132595
Here's a video showing it off:

https://youtu.be/bjcc243GyHc?t=3m9s
>>
File: 1410586248213.png (253 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1410586248213.png
253 KB, 512x384
>>336132958

No fucking way, is this for real?
>>
>>336127972
not on a HD5800, I had a HD 7850 and just replaced with a r7 370, the 7850 was very bad frames on lowest settings on Paris
>>
So I want to play Hitman, I tried the first two but they're feeling pretty dated at this point, where would be best to play from?
>>
>>336133337
Thanks. I'm thinking about getting a r9 380, that should be enough, but i don't know if the cpu will bottleneck it
>>
>>336133759
Contracts and Blood Money.
>>
>>336130676
IO said they're aware of it and are working on a fix
>>
>>336135164
>IO said they're aware of it and are working on a fix

Actually Travis_IO claims they've already fixed it and the patch for it is coming out as soon elusive targets go online.
>>
>pc too shit to run it
>don't have any next gen consoles

I feel like I'm missing out on a really good game
>>
File: doublebarrel1911.webm (531 KB, 632x356) Image search: [Google]
doublebarrel1911.webm
531 KB, 632x356
I currently use the see through walls stuff but have everything else disabled. It's pretty challenging for me since it has a relatively small radius of what you can see but would the minimap be harder? I figured that made things too easy.
>>
>>336136049
Don't feel too bad. There are still a lot of performance issues on all platforms, multiple bugs, online-only restrictions, and only two real levels out now.

I'm loving it so far, but you'll probably have a better time playing it when everything's fixed.
>>
>>336135961
Hopefully this tuesday, then. They've always added new content every tuesday since launch so we can hope.
>>
>>336136447
You should turn all of it off, m8, imo.
>>
>>336136491
I'll probably end up picking it up with a console and dishonored two around christmas.

Is there going to be any dlc for the game?
>>
>>336136604
Yeah I thought about doing that too. Wanted to get the level down first but why not
>>
>>336129275
you know you're supposed to post an image or something when you say "mfw" so we can actually know what your face is like?
Hard to guess i've you're happy or not about the vampire feats.
>>
>>336136732
I don't see why you wouldn't use either Instinct or the minimap, or both. Did the people saying to turn all of it off also refuse to use the realtime map in Blood Money?
>>
File: hitman and an asshole.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
hitman and an asshole.webm
3 MB, 700x394
>>336136751
>>
>>336122596
I hate it when people compare new games to ancient good games like it justifies shitty outdated mechanics

>guys pacman had only one level and it was a huge success, this game already has 2!
>>
>>336136952
I personally didn't use the realtime map much primarily because the changing map layers stopped working after some time. And I was always too busy having fun than trying to get a route down.
>>
File: ocFjhcN.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ocFjhcN.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>even the soles have texture with bump mapping
>>
I forgot this game even came out, /v/ stopped talking about it pretty fast
>>
>>336125339
this is the way games are going family, every game must be easilly completable by a retarded infant. we're just lucky if you can disable the hand holding. so do that ASAP
>>
>>336136952
In Professional difficulty (which you played on if you weren't a pleb), the map only showed targets in Blood Money.

That's exactly how 6 works as well. When you turn all of the shit off, you can still go to the map and see the layout, but you don't get wallhacks and enemy movements (other than target locations)
>>
>>336136645
>Implying Dishonored 2 isn't getting delayed
I'm right there with you, man. Hitman 6 + Dishonored 2 + Deus Ex Mankind Divided are my games of this year, assuming they don't get delayed.

>Is there going to be any dlc for the game?
If the first season sells well enough, they'll try to make a second season, which I imagine will cost 40 or 60 bucks and be another 6 episodes (or more)

More of a sequel than DLC, though.
>>
>>336137532
I think dishonored 2 will be delayed, it'll certainly be out by christmas though.
>>
>>336137285
theres was only so much to say about one level.
>>
Im hoping with Elusive Target and Escalations, they move NPCs around, because there is a massive building that are empty with a security system
>>
>>336138282
Not gonna happen. They didn't change anything around for 10+ escalations in Paris.
>>
File: if only.jpg (33 KB, 480x446) Image search: [Google]
if only.jpg
33 KB, 480x446
>its sunday and the peak player count was 3500 today
ded game
>>
>>336123539
Morocco is going to be an embassy with a riot going on outside of it. These madmen might actually do it.
>>
>>336138662
It peaked at like #50 on Steam during fucking launch weekend. There were more people playing indie platformers that I had never heard of than this.

Its really sad. The game is an utter financial flop, yet is probably the best Hitman game yet.
>>
>>336138282
They don't change anything for Escalations.

Elusive targets do add new NPCs with new patrols though. That lawyer office will probably be used.
>>
>>336137241
Probably why the game runs like shit.
>>
>>336139321
I think pretty much everybody stopped being exited for the game when they announced it would be episodic
>>
File: 20160313021446_1.jpg (226 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160313021446_1.jpg
226 KB, 1680x1050
This voice actress sounds so hot~
>>
>>336139321
>utterly financial flop
>only two levels out

Nigga, most people are waiting for GOTY Edition to get it on a disc/all at once, myself included.
>>
>>336139548
She is also Rocco's sister in Sapienza. Brit accent makes my peepee hard.
>>
>>336139598
Sales for most episodic and early access games still peak at launch, and fall off pretty rapidly as development goes on. That's the reason why so few early access games even get finished.
>>
>>336139910
All I'm saying is, if they had decided to release it all at once, it would be in my hands right now.

Feels bad man.
>>
I wish it had the suspicion meter so I didn't need to turn on the arrow shit.
>>
>>336138662
>game flopped so hard it already comes free with graphics cards
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3034314/components-graphics/amd-nvidia-graphics-cards-come-bundled-with-marchs-hottest-games.html
>>
>>336140026
At that point they probably couldn't afford it. Most of Squenix hopes lies on Deus ex right now i imagine after FF has tanked
>>
>>336139598
>Nigga, most people are waiting for GOTY Edition to get it on a disc/all at once, myself included.
This. I'll wait for the GOTY edition for all the bug fixes and all the levels.
>>
>>336116412
There's like 3-4 disguises that get you top floor access, 5-6 that get you second floor access, and there are at least 3 staircases, a ladder, and 2 pipes for you to climb to the top. All having their own unique personnel and limitations. I like Paris because I only enjoy this game trying to kill everyone, and it was more fun in the Paris mission than in Sapienza.
>>
>mfw i paid £4 for a russian intro key and can pirate the rest of the episodes
>>
>>336140162
MGSV came for free with my GTX 970. Kojimafags aren't gonna like you calling their masterpiece a flop.
>>
File: ;C.png (31 KB, 545x551) Image search: [Google]
;C.png
31 KB, 545x551
>>336138662
>>
So, for those of you who are "average gamers", not those who can play the same game for 2000 hours.

For how long have you played what has been released so far? I'm really on the verge on buying this.
>>
Dressing up as model dude and killing Margolis was the highlight of the game for me. I'm a sucker for 47 actually doing some acting, and the difference between 47's and actual person lines were funny as hell.

However, I had to babysit Novikov for something like twenty minutes waiting for him to finally drink the fucking cocktail after that. Probably should've done him in first.
>>
>>336140646
24 hrs
>>
File: 1351227547950.png (244 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1351227547950.png
244 KB, 472x472
>>336140387
>even MGSV had a bigger player peak today
>>
>>336140646
I played it for 30 hours so far. It's pretty entertaining, but you have to enjoy the Hitman games formula.
>>
>>336140662
Wait till you dress up as the shrink in Italy then.
>>
How do you get the scientist bitch out of her mansion loop? Apparently she goes to church, but has never left this place.
>>
File: le neil face.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
le neil face.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>336140729
>Microsoft flight simulator X, a game from 2006 had a bigger player peak today than Hitman
>>
>>336140858
That's exactly what I'm planning to do next, in fact.
>>
>>336140692
>>336140798
Sure I love the saga and have played the rest of games over and over but I really don't know how big or replayable this game is.

Will I be able to play these 2 big levels for 20-30 hours? Will I be done with them in 10? I'm thinking waiting until there's at least another map and then buying the whole thing fr the summer
>>
they all sucked
>>
>>336140646
I've done literally every challenge and escalation at 60 hours, but I really like the game.

If you were going to dick around on a mission, then move one without 100% everything, there is probably 6-11 hours here. You can spend 3-5 hours on the main missions without them feeling stale or repetitive. They are that big.

After those 3-5 hours on a single mission though, you do have to switch into a grinding mindset if you want to stretch more time out.
>>
>>336140646
3 and a half hours
>>
>>336141029
The maps are super replayable. Tons of different ways to kill your targets, secrets and eastereggs everywhere, and a constant stream of unlocks, many of which open up additional ways to kill people.
>>
>>336140913
It's not Francesca that goes to church, there is a female scientist starting at the confession booth in the church.
Francesca will go to the pier if you wake up the private detective or if you disguise as him and make the appointment yourself. She will also go down to the lab once the virus is destroyed. If you do the therapy session with Silvio and let him live, they will also meetup.
>>
>>336141029
I didn't even attempt to do any challenges, i just fucked around and found different ways to kill the targets. It isn't really contrived with ways to extend gameplay for the main missions.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.