[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Seriously how could they fuck up a Star Fox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: starfox69.png (59 KB, 424x356) Image search: [Google]
starfox69.png
59 KB, 424x356
What went wrong? Seriously how could they fuck up a Star Fox game so bad?
>>
Star Fox "fans" are pissed that it's not Star Fox 64 in HD.

Same reason why every Star Fox game tanks.
>>
>>336100637
>Forcing motion controls
>Rehash a 20 year old game's plot
>Also, only one ending despite multiple routes
>Shitty graphics
>No online
>Less levels than 64
>Full price

It's not hard at all. no wonder it bombed
>>
>>336100831
One of the main complaints is that it's just Star Fox 64 in HD.
>>
It's Star Fox, what do you expect. He series has never had a good game.
>>
File: adapt to this.jpg (253 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
adapt to this.jpg
253 KB, 1920x816
Star Fox fans can't adapt
>>
Seems over all too slow, especially the hover shit.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS THE FIFTH MIDNIGHT STAR FOX THREAD
>>
Fact: if you have any trouble with the gyro controls whatsoever, there is at least a 50% chance your children will have some form of mental retardation.
>>
>>336100637
The motion controls are shit and the game often forces them onto the player for stuff that should be doable without them but they arbitrarily restrict the camera so you can't aim at things without using it. That and having the barrel roll stuck on the right stick just makes it a pain to use and often leads to accidentally doing u-turns and somersaults.
>>
>>336101402
You haven't played the game though, so how would you know?
>>
>let's take a rail shooter series and have less on-rail levels
>let's implement gyro controls, that regardless of functionality, turn away both casuals and long time fans
>let's make it so the game has less content than its predecessors
>>
>>336100637
>>336100637
>Seriously how could they fuck up a Star Fox game so bad

They didn't they just made a new Starfox game.
Peoples tastes change overtime, its the same reason why despite me loving Crash Bandicoot I can never understand why people would want a new one.
>>
File: 1436364396267.jpg (19 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1436364396267.jpg
19 KB, 300x400
>>336100637
>Platinum in charge of making a good game
>>
>>336100637

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

One of the few games I got a refund for.
>>
>>336101495
But I have and I've played all the levels. Do you actually have anything of worth to say instead of making false accusations?
>>
>>336101583
If that really were the case, you would have had to visit the hospital by now, because if you seriously still have problems with either the motion controls or the right stick, you clearly have downs and/or a severe head concussion
>>
>>336101505
And of course we can't forget about adding a pace-killing stealth mission! This is what Star Fox is all about!
>>
>>336101679
So that's a no.
>>
>>336101402
>barrel roll on right stick
Fuck this shit. It makes boosting and turning really annoying.
>>
>>336101505

It feels like Nintendo doesn't understand the core appeal of a rail shooter. also a unique 3D one like starfox.

not enough flying through rings and doors. and avoiding obstacles in general. Blaster upgrades don't look and sound powerful enough. Ship doesn't fly fast enough. Gyros are a nuisance.
>>
>>336100637
it's star fox, the only way they can bring it back is have it play like the originals

and the originals are dated and boring now
>>
>>336101804
Stop posting and go to a hospital, buddy. Maybe they can still fix you? I don't think they'll be able to make your parents even remotely care about a waste of space like you (and let's be honest, if you can't even manage simple controls like Star Fox Zero's, what is there to care about?) but at least they might get you somewhat functional again!
>>
>>336102120
I hope you're having fun typing all that shit out.
>>
>>336101536

>platinum

Do we have to go over this again? Platinum only helped with development, it's similar to Retro helping with Mario Kart 7.

They didn't have a lot of say in the direction of the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 500x405
>>336100637
enough of this shit! Doubt any of you making these copypasta threads have even played the fucking game! Stop searching for desperate validation. It's pathetic!
>>
>>336102237
I know it seems like a lot of work to type out for someone with a severe brain disorder but then again if you're having trouble with something as simple as Zero's controls that is to be expected
>>
>>336102390

You forgot to growl at the end of your post.
>>
>rehash the fuck out of SF64
>don't bring back Solar and Macbeth
How did they fuck up something so simple?
>>
>>336100637
Would've stayed at it's previous 72 if some fatfuck didn't make a clickbait review.
>>
>>336102525
gr. lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2RMBrmTsk
>>
>>336102564

>>don't bring back Solar and Macbeth

>The fuck, Where is the sun?

>Half jokingly thought "shit game"
>>
>>336100637
But its not the game, its the audience.
>>
Had fun with it, the controls were not as bad as I thought. Only part that pissed me off was Zoness
>>
It needs more on-rails sections, more levels in general, and a second Andross fight.
>>
>>336100831
But it is Star Fox 64 in HD. Did you not play it?
>>
Ratchet and clank is a better star fox game than star fox
>>
>>336102045
Rail shooter parts in Kid Icarus Uprising were good
>>
How many times have they remade Star Fox 64 now?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.