[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game of the Year Edition >it was nobody's game of the year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: thief-goty.jpg (204 KB, 1173x1500) Image search: [Google]
thief-goty.jpg
204 KB, 1173x1500
>Game of the Year Edition
>it was nobody's game of the year
>>
>>336098974
I dont think ive ever seen someone talking good about this game
>>
>>336098974

>What is marketing

Taffer
>>
>>336098974
>game was released in February 2014
>game of the year edition released in April 2016
>>
>>336099045
probably because it isn't good
>>
GOTY Editions have always been just the game included with all the after-release DLC nonsense. It's usually the best version to get if you actually want to play a crap AAA game.
>>
>>336099045
Because hating on it is a meme

It's probably the weakest thief game but there are plenty of worse games.
>>
>>336099497
Pretty sure it originally came from the Half-Life GOTY edition when it won a zillion awards. Fuck knows when it came to mean "Complete edition"
>>
>>336099571
It's just kinda happened I guess. If I ever feel like playing one of these games, I just wait for it.
>>
>>336099520

You can't make a bad game good by comparing it to worse crap that isn't part of the franchise. Thi4f is bad, pure and simple.
>>
Saints Row IV really skewed this practice with their Game of the Century edition
>>
>>336098974
>PS4 got GOTY 2016
HAHAHAHAH PKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>336098974
I liked it

I wanted a stealth game at the time, and it fit the bill. Fun time.
>>
>>336098974
>publishers lie and get away with it no problem

Business as usual in this industry.
>>
So at E3 years ago I had the pleasure of watching a gameplay trailer of this game. It was so fucking disgustingly boring that I fell asleep. I woke up at the end with the creative director looking at me with the most depressed look on his face, I honestly thought he was going to cry right there in front of me.

Never played the game, all I remember from the trailer is the slow-mo jump-then-almost-fall scene like the helicopter scenes in the CoD games and thinking how absolutely retarded it was to have something like that in a thief game.
>>
>>336100316
That sounds amazing, anon. I want to see AAA directors cry for making beige sludge.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqMblpSqhgM
>>
>>336098974

>i think this is funny
>>
>>336098974
It was free on Xbox last month. I played the first 5 minutes of the game and kept getting detected no matter what I did. Uninstalled that piece of shit. There's a reason the price dropped to like $15 after the game was barely out for 3 months
>>
>>336101678
>There's a reason the price dropped to like $15 after the game was barely out for 3 months
Because it's a game in 2016 by a company other than Nintendo that isn't called GTA?
>>
>>336099171
>game was released 2014

you're shitting me.

really?

..........huh.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.