[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Starfox Zero Complainer in a Nutshell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12
> The gyro is awful! Nintendo is doomed! Fuck this game! Shitty ass controls
"Actually, I get used to the controls within a matter of a minute or two."
> w-well, I-I mean, it's the game itself. Yeah, the game itself isn't that good when you think about it

Stop digging for reasons to bitch about a game you didn't even buy or give a fair chance.

inb4
>b-but I DID give it a chance! Nintendo let me down, so now I'm letting THEM down!
>>
>>336098574

t. Melvin "1 UP Wahoo!" Nintendison
>>
>>336098574
Are you ua nube?
>>
As much as I do enjoy the game, even moreso than 64 (though it isn't as good objectively) you do sound like a Nintendrone, therefore this thread will have guaranteed replies of exactly all the complaints you didn't want to hear in the first place.
>>
>>336098574
when nintendo nx flops, and all the games are just shit rehashes again, remember that it you, and people like you, who could have stopped it. all you had to do was not defend a dying company
>>
File: my emperor i've failed you.jpg (27 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
my emperor i've failed you.jpg
27 KB, 512x384
>>336098574
>I WANT A STARFOX GAME MADE BY PLATINUM
>>
i didnt even use the gyro controls most of the time. you can just turn it to "hold" and just play it like star fox 64
>>
>>336098574
Didn't Game Informer give this sick egg a 6.5? Lol cuck
>>
The controls are fine but its too short. SF64 has more content.
>>
>>336098574
>TL: Please buy the game! I feel an absurd compulsion to protect multi-billion dollar organisations from their own business slumps!
>>
>>336098574
Nice fallacy there. Using a personal example does not validate your argument.
>>
Guess after this star fox is pretty much dead
>>
>>336098574
>Miyamotofags/64fags are STILL damage controlling

Just give it up. This game is mediocre in everyday, and proves Miyamoto's a hack.
>>
>>336098914
>tfw platinum only created assets
FUCK YOU NINTENDO, THIS IS NOT WHAT WE MEANT!
>>
What if my complaint is that I always hated the cockpit view in any Star Fox game?
>>
>>336101163
LOLOLOLOL GIT GUD SCRUB
NINTENDO CAN DO NO WRONG
>>
>>336098574

> "Actually, I get used to the controls within a matter of a minute or two."

Nigga the tutorial takes about 10 minutes.

How in the fuck do you get used to controls you're not even used to?

Also not every ship controls the same.

Stop shilling this garbage here. Anyone with a brain rented and tested it. Paying full price for this game is for dumb fucks.
>>
>Finally get used to the controls
>Game's already over and there's no extra content to go for

Can someone explain to me why this shit took so long to develop? There's only like 10 planets.
>>
>>336101163
I always hated cockpit view in SF and SF64 too, yet it's actually fun to shoot from the cockpit in SFZ because it works with the design and controls of the game, which was never true with SF or SF64. Go figure.

Now that I've collected all the medals I've started playing with the cockpit view on the TV just for the fun of it, especially in the all-range space missions.
>>
>>336101492
And this is after the delay.
What the fuck was it like before?
>>
>>336098574
>Actually, I get used to the controls within a matter of a minute or two
Stop digging for reasons to defend the game.

In fact, that's not even a reason, it's a literal lie. I don't care who you are, you're NOT picking up the controls in a minute. All this could be resolved if they were fucking optional, but people like you are why gimmicks are shoehorned into the game.
>>
>>336098574
Why the fuck do you care? The game is old news already.
>>
File: DSC02341_zps059777b9.jpg (165 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC02341_zps059777b9.jpg
165 KB, 640x480
>>336101563

>Thinking SF0 cockpit view is hot shit

lmao
>>
File: 1440056445791.png (57 KB, 548x546) Image search: [Google]
1440056445791.png
57 KB, 548x546
>>336098574
I didn't like the game because it's

1. Slow compared to previous titles, obviously done to accommodate for the gyro aiming otherwise it might've caused motion sickness, especially on Japanese players which are prone to that

2. Extremely easy compared to SF 64 Hard mode. No real challenge.

Disprove those two as shitposting.
>>
File: 1452097097908.jpg (39 KB, 444x452) Image search: [Google]
1452097097908.jpg
39 KB, 444x452
>>336098574
Any other game
>you didn't like it? Oh well whatever maybe its a shit game who cares
This faggotry
>OH YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT? FUCKING GIT GUD YOU PIECE OF SHIT CASUAL RETARD EAT SHIT AND FUCKING HAVE FUN WITH THE GYRO CONTROL OR YOU DONT LIKE THEM STILL? THEN YOU ARE JUST BAD, THE GAME IS 3 HOURS LONG TO 100%? WHO CARES ITS FINE THE GRAPHICS SUCK DICK? WHO CARES I LIKE FRAMERATE DROPS LIKE CRAZY? NOT A SINGLE FUCK WAS GIVEN

S T O P
T
O
P
>>
>>336101726
Playing SFZ from cockpit view on the TV does in fact remind me of games like that, yes. Including the wireframe overlay.
>>
I actually did get used to the gyro controls pretty quick, but the frame rate drops are absolutely horrendous
>>
>>336101615

A literal SF64 upgrade.

If you saw SF64 3D you saw SF0
>>
>>336101957
More like:

Any other game
>I didn't like it

Shitposting faggotry
>OH YOU THINK IT'S FUN? GET A LOAD OF THIS ASS-LICKING MORON, YOU PIECE OF SHIT NINTODDLER, IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT, YOU DEFEND EVERYTHING THEY DO AND DON'T HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING, WORST GAMES OF ALL TIME AND YOU EAT IT UP
>>
>>336102347
But this game is legit bad.
>>
File: 1474637665378.gif (1019 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1474637665378.gif
1019 KB, 500x281
>>336098574
I got gud at the controls, OP. I'm probably even better at them than you are.

That said, SFZ is still mediocre. It might be one of the better games in the series, but it still doesn't top 64, which is sad considering that game is almost 20 years old.

Nintendo made another lame SF game and 64 remains to be their one-hit-wonder. Get over it.
>>
>>336101957
I cannot, for the love of me, express my dislike and disinterest in Dark Souls because I keep getting these stupid replies.
>>
>>336101615

The delay had nothing to do with development.
It was just to pad out Nintendo's release schedule in preparation for the NX's release in March 2017*

*delayed to Holiday 2017
>>
>>336102394
I enjoy it even more than SF and SF64 and you can't stop me.
>>
>>336102527
Nintendo has had year after year where they release nothing for late winter/early spring for the Wii U. Why would they change that now, so that Mario Tennis could have the holiday spotlight?
>>
>>336102569
I will not, good for you. But i am happy it kinda bombed because it for sure isn't worthy being close to Ratchet & Clank or Dark Souls III
>>
>>336098574
"Actually, I get used to the controls within a matter of a minute or two."

>I didn't have problems with controls. My personal experiencie is a fact for everyone!

Stop digging for reasons to bitch about a game you didn't even buy or give a fair chance.

For what I have seen the game isn't as good as Starfox 64, specially when it comes to missions where you expect have secret paths you have to discover by triggering some events by your own. That and the fact it should be a non-stop action game, which it isn't thanks to space chicken and those tedious hack missions.

I'm not going to buy a game until it looks appealing to me (which it isn't) or at least I have the chance to test it.
>>
>>336098914
I'd rather have an F-zero game made by the guy who made super monkey ball.
>>
>>336098914
>the Platinum Star Fox game didn't get nearly as crazy as the new Kirby game
Feels fucking surreal.
>>
File: 1946194614646.jpg (77 KB, 939x526) Image search: [Google]
1946194614646.jpg
77 KB, 939x526
>>336102958
I'd rather have a good fucking game instead of something that sells itself on how CUH-RAZY it is, which is probably why I don't like a single game from Platinum aside from W101
>>
>>336103338
That's even the thing though. Kirby Robobot managed to still be a really good game. The real funny part is it even turns into a Star Fox game for the final level/boss.
>>
>StarFox Assault comes out
"HOW DID THEY FUCK IT UP SO BADLY? ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS MAKE AN UPGRADED 64!"
>StarFox Zero comes out
"HOW DID THEY FUCK IT UP SO BADLY? ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE IT AN UPGRADED 64!"

>Complaining that the game was short when it's around the same length as the others
>Complaining a rail shooter is short in general
>>
>>336103650
It's more of a dogfighter than a railshooter.
>>
>>336103650
It's simple, the example you gave was a game from the present vs a game from a long time ago when the voice of the "public" was largely influenced by video games journalists.
Now it's the other way around thanks to social media.
Any consensus from before the 2010s was usually wrong.
>>
A $60 Star Fox game that has less content than the N64 version.

Less levels, less endings, and a weaker final boss fight.

Add some fucking shit nobody wanted (the chicken and the gyro) and forced motion controls because muh innovation, and you have one of the most lame games of the wiiu from Nintendo.
>>
>>336098574
>Hah, ignore everyone who says the game is too easy, has little content or has ass controls
>Just BUY the game and see for yourself!
>Stop shitposting and caring what other people say anon, just BUY THE GAME!

top kek
>>
>>336103650
>This game made 20 years ago had this much content, so it's okay for a modern game to have that much and be full priced too!!
>>
>>336098574
I'm honestly not sure what people expected. I loved Star Fox as a kid but I can't imagine it being fun now

Rogue Squadron was miles ahead of it, a new tie fighter or rogue squadron could be fun as fuck just modernized a little bit but they would have to change star fox a ton to make it worth a fuck and give it to a competent developer
>>
>>336098852

When is Nintendo going die? You guys say this every generation. You said they would drop out of the console race in the 9th generation and they didn't. How long am I going to be waiting for that fateful day?
>>
>>336105148
Just because people are used now to have online multiplayer for pew pew pew and endless maps just to make a big round number, it doesn't mean every single game designer should follow these trends.

The game has a great pacing and plays like a fucking movie, enjoyable for good 4 hours. Then you have endless replay for medals and co-op. That's an arcade shooting game with starships, it doesn't need to be different, or longer, or have countless online features. It's good as it is.

Next thing people here will ask is: Open World Star Fox - The Game
>>
>>336101563

I've discovered that I've gotten too good after getting all the medals. The black arwing doesn't offer any challenge to me. Should I just do a no rings run here? Or try to getting all medals with the black Arwing now?
>>
>>336102447

Post top scores now
>>
>>336105470

>Next thing people here will ask is: Open World Star Fox - The Game

They already have. Moronic suggestions like world building come up every so often.
>>
>>336105578
You don't need top scores to understand the controls.
>>
>>336105658

But you're better than him. Your scores should be superior.
>>
>>336098574
Okay, here's the problem.
In a video game like Star Fox, you shouldn't have to "Get Used" to anything. If you have to make consessions for a gimmick that does nothing but justify itself, then its failed as a gimmick.
Gimmicks in games like this should make you think of the given style or genre in a new way at worst, and make you wonder how we survived without it at best. If there is already a perfectly serviceable method of control on THAT FUCKING CONTROLLER, and the game forces you to go its own obtuse way, then it has failed, and isn't good game design, flat out.
>>
>>336105470
>>336105648
Don't you mean open space? :^)
>>
>>336105757
Why thank you. I'm touched that you think that.
>>
>>336105878

Oh yeah, of course, my mistake ;ppp
>>
>>336100626
Agreed, if it had more levels like Fortuna it would have been great.

The side missions were fantastic. As they all reused content there should have been far more of them.
>>
>>336101315
Yeah, took me a few hours to get used to the controls.
>>
>>336105920

Well as long as you feel touched, that's what matters to me at the end of the day.
>>
>>336098574
Starfox Shill in a nutshell

>HAHA the controls didn't even take me 5 minutes to learn!
"Well, I didn't find them particularly difficult. They were just cumbersome and annoying. It really dulled the experience for me
>s-shut up, learn to git gud
"Sorry, but I beat the game and found several other glaring problems that bogged down the game all the way through.
>SHUT THEF UCK UPPPL, YOU'RE JUST MAD CUZ UR BAD, FAGGOT. LRN 2 GYRO
"Look, the levels were uncreative rehashes of a game that has more content, and they want us to pay $60 for a game with no multiplayer? Not to mention how-"
>LALALA, CAN'T LEARN THE CONTROLS, LALALALA GET OUT JIM STERLING

Damn...
>>
>>336103930
Agreed, there are about 4 unique on rails levels and most of the bosses, if not all, are in all range mode.

Are there any bosses on rails?
>>
>>336098574
Only 10 more years until you get a new 64 rehash to belligerently defend.
>>
>>336106121
Aw shucks, anon.
>>
File: WVW69jIhcF4MY1bMLV.jpg (73 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jIhcF4MY1bMLV.jpg
73 KB, 800x450
Overall I enjoyed the game, though I only beat the main route.

My main complain isn't about controls, but it's about the ugly graphics (low textures, low polygon count, low details and still framerate drops), and a few bad levels (the gyrowing level, not really terrible but it was so slow and long I don't feel like replaying it ; and the battle against Andross which was just plain boring and long, especially when you die and start with no laser upgrade).

Other than that, the game has varied and really good missions, and the walker is neat.

It's a 7/10 to me.
>>
>>336105513
Complete every possible route in Arcade mode.
>>
>>336106342
We'll never get a 64 remake as long as SF2 goes without a remake.

For some reason they keep trying to merge SF2 features into games meant to resemble 64.

Sure, some SF2 features like All-range mode worked when introduced to 64 but even that is far too prevalent in Zero and became annoying.
>>
>>336106382
I found Andros's to be really easy after the first time I killed him.

On my fourth run I only took a single hit from those lasers.
>>
File: andross-star-fox-zero-810x400.jpg (34 KB, 810x400) Image search: [Google]
andross-star-fox-zero-810x400.jpg
34 KB, 810x400
>>336106368

Anon, that's too soft for this place. You're going to kill me.
>>
>>336106549
His grab move where you have to shoot the hand has a tiny window and fucked me so many times.

Rest of the fight isn't hard, it's just that you can't shoot his weak points for too long if you wan't to get away and avoid his attacks.
>>
>>336105409
I aint said shit. Nintendo is losing even their biggest of fans. Entire websites and youtubers dedicated to them are questiong what the fuck is wrong with them. They arent gonna get another wii, the casual market has come and gone. They keep filling their games with gimmick shit at an attempt to pull in casuals, but pull in no one and just pisses off their core. They havent made an exeptional game in years, just the same recycled games slapped with gimmicks, censored and misguided
>>
File: 1445738544121.png (174 KB, 336x320) Image search: [Google]
1445738544121.png
174 KB, 336x320
>>336098574
>> The gyro is awful! Nintendo is doomed! Fuck this game! Shitty ass controls
>"Actually, I get used to the controls within a matter of a minute or two."

>"Actually, it works on my computer"

That's your argument. "Works for me." That's not an argument. That's one of the convicts crucified next to Jesus saying for him to pipe down because it's not that bad. "I got used to the nails in my wrists in a minute or two, you're just digging for reasons not to give this crucifixion a fair chance."
>>
File: andross-star-fox-zero-810x400.jpg (30 KB, 371x322) Image search: [Google]
andross-star-fox-zero-810x400.jpg
30 KB, 371x322
>>336106382

For me the Andross fight was a weird mixture between disappointment and happiness. On one hand, it seemed a little derivative, but then when he broke out the lasers, I was excited. Also found it interesting that at the back of Andross's head, another face is shown. A another possible mask
>>
>>336103650
When people say updated 64, they dont mean the same fucking game. They mean the same core gameplay with all the fun voice acting and fast high energy, but with new levels, new music and a new plot. Thats it. It doesnt mean slap shitty puzzle platforming sections and slow stealth sections into it. No one wants a reboot of a remake, that already had a remake, of the original, but with gimmicks. Its fucking pathetic.
>>
>>336106135
>They were just cumbersome and annoying.
I'm aware your whole point is to get beyond the controls subject, but this doesn't achieve that. It still implies a deficit of mastery.

I would say it's totally valid to feel that the controls didn't add to the gameplay in a meaningful way or don't fit how you think a Star Fox game should play, but if the controls were "cumbersome" or "annoying", you were having trouble, even if you don't want to admit it.
>>
>>336106993

Jesus didn't complain, he took it in stride.
>>
>>336107118
>He literally asked God why he had forsaken him

That's complaining mate.
>>
>>336106820
Yeah, for the grab move you need to be aimed at the weak point in the hand before it even opens.

You can also parry the clap and the vertical slap downward if you fire on the weak point ASAP, at least with a hyper laser.

In my last fight with Andross I parried every move and finished him off with a charge shot on the U-turn for a +50 bonus. Too bad it isn't my high score because I spent that Venom run baiting Star Wolf into a trench for the fifth medal.
>>
>>336106821
exactly this, I used to be the biggest Nintendo fan out there but nowadays their games are mediocre at best (with Splatoon and 3D World being the only real exceptions), the wii u os is shit, the pad is terrible, the amiibo shit is awful and never ending, the fact that they barely even tried with the Wii U and are happy to throw it into the garbage as fast as possible making my $300+ investment near worthless.
At least with the Gamecube Nintendo were still popping out 10/10 games, now they're laying turd after turd. Nintendo used to be the best of the best. Now they make boring forgettable games. Remember Operation Steam? Me neither. How about those AC amiibo games? HELL NO. They weren't always perfect but at least we got Sunshine, Prime, Wind Waker and TP, TTYZ, etc etc out of the gamecube.
>>
I can't understand any of the complaints people have for this game. The controls are fine, probably one of the few well thought out gimmicks Nintendo has shat out in a while that works well with the game and setting. Being able to complete the game, or rather a route, in 2-4 hours is expected the point is to play through all routes and get high scores.

Few people actually talk about the legitimate flaws like lack of levels, seriously the hidden extra levels are sometimes half a level since they are just a boss fight. Each route also leading to the same ending is kind of a shame too. There are probably a few other things I'm forgetting, but considering every other StarFox game this is a good step in the right direction. DLC could easily take this from a 7.5/10 to a 9/10 for me if done right.

Who am I kidding I'll see more StarFox shitposting after 10 years when we get the next one. IF we do
>>
>>336106549
>On my fourth run I only took a single hit from those lasers.
Dude, those are easy as fuck to avoid. I didn't get hit by them once on my first try.

Somersaults and U-turns have complete and total invincibility the whole way through the animation, ya know.
>>
>>336107118
Is this sarcasm? Because Jesus complained a lot. He bitched about a tree that didn't bear fruit out of season.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.