[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nioh Alpha Demo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: Kodama.jpg (31 KB, 319x374) Image search: [Google]
Kodama.jpg
31 KB, 319x374
Gomenasai, my name is William-Sama.
>>
Spearbros where we at?
>>
So bros, what weapon you using? Sword here, feels like it's not that great most of the time. It shines in 1v1's but in group combat I get my shit pushed in. I'm almost always in mid stance so I block a lot and combat goes slower than I feel the developers intended it to be. With all the movement and cuhrazy moves I feel like I should be going fast all the time but if I try that I pretty much just get my shit pushed in.
>>
>>336091864
I tried out every weapon type and I thing the sword is best. I mained mid stance and subbed high stance.I never had any issues with it.
>>
>>336091691
Spearbro in high stance reporting in
>>
will we get a full ninja weapon? daggers, flips and shit, and izuna drops
>>
>>336092249
Shinobi '02 was great, it really did deserve more sales than it got.

I'm sure I'll get murdered for saying this, but I absolutely loved Inafune's Yaiba designs. It's all the more annoying too, since that and Soul Sacrifice prove that he has still has some great ideas in the bank, at least visually, but he chooses to go for all thart sleazy Kickstarter nonsense.
>>
The game isn't very good. It's loaded with useless mechanics that shouldn't be there and has problems on it's own. Maybe on sale but it's definetly not a $60 game.
>>
Reminder: Wind spirit is a hawk.
>>
No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this nigga >>336092639

No, I'm a Conqueror.
>>
>>336092639
Try actually explaining things instead of using vague buzzwords.
>>
File: 1448559117575.jpg (70 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
1448559117575.jpg
70 KB, 450x532
>>336092712
>>
File: sheathes katana.gif (2 MB, 624x335) Image search: [Google]
sheathes katana.gif
2 MB, 624x335
>>336092712
this 2bh
>>
>>336091691
Its shit.
>>
>>336093168
You're shit.
>>
>>336092737
The whole loot system is garbage and unnecessary micro management that slows down the game. I don't want to compare 2 fucking swords with each other to see if one might have better passive stats like itemfind or damage against certain types of enemies. It also is a fucking mess once you finally get around to vendor all that garbage you don't need. They should at least seperate different weapon types. Also having armor / weapons with double the def / attack modifier dropping right in the next level makes it so you don't actually want to rerun the levels because you gain almost nothing from it.

Then there's the fucking enemy placement. It's just cheap. And I don't mean in a way where you just have to be careful, it just has enemies around every single fucking corner. It gets especially bad in the second level where the enemies are fucking placed inside of bushes and almost completely invisible. If you want to avoid being gangraped you have to literally spam the lock on button to find them.

The bosses also feel incredibly weak, the whole summoning shit needs to be balanced. There's nothing stopping you to almost kill the second boss by activating your summon and bashing his fucking head in because he gets staggered after like 5 hits and never breaks out of it until he's dead.
>>
File: 1462029679749.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
1462029679749.png
93 KB, 467x496
>>336093331
>Being THIS conquered
>>
File: 1449564839813.jpg (11 KB, 227x294) Image search: [Google]
1449564839813.jpg
11 KB, 227x294
>>336093168
>>
>>336093449
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>336093449
I like this maymay.
>>
Is this game like bloodborne where the first area is the hardest because you don't really know what you're doing? I hope so, because I've been playing the demo and that first area is beating the crap out of me. I haven't gotten to first the boss yet
>>
Everybody else feel they need to add another shortcut for items?
>>
>>336092712
>No, I'm a Conqueror
ur a faget
>>
File: 1456714075351.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1456714075351.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>>336092712
>>
>>336093747
lol no

2nd area is ridiculous
>>
>>336093794
It's just shitty copy pasta.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/No%20matter%20what%20it%20turns%20out%20to%20be%2C%20The%20Mark%20of%20the%20Conqueror%20is%20significant./
>>
Pc when
>>
I was having some fun playing it, but it made me wish I was playing either Onimusha or Bloodborne instead.
>>
>>336093918
Fug
>>
>>336093543
>git gud
That's what he's saying
>>
Is there any way to break out of being stunlocked? I feel like every single mistake I make leads to me getting killed in one combo.
>>
>>336094117
Okay, so complaining about a lack in difficulty means I'm not good enough at the game? Is that some sort of abstract shitposting?
>>
>>336093747
Honestly, I thought so. The second level throws quite a few powerful enemies at you, but it's nothing too difficult, assuming you're comfortable with the combat system by then.
>>
>aggro range: the game.

Get more then one? Just commit sudoku.

The demo is pretty fun though. Prefer sword now that I have the parry, but spear seems to be the only answer to groups.
>>
>>336094153
Learn to Ki pulse and never dodge when you're blinking red.
>>
>>336093331
>Then there's the fucking enemy placement. It's just cheap. And I don't mean in a way where you just have to be careful, it just has enemies around every single fucking corner.
How is that a bad thing at all? It's an action game, long stretches with nothing going on are boring. It also fits the setting well, which is obviously during a time of war.

>If you want to avoid being gangraped you have to literally spam the lock on button to find them.
Gangs are fun to fight if you aren't shit at the game.
>>
>>336094153

Don't fight three enemies at once.

Addendum: Don't run out of stamina, and never ever turn your back on a fight because flanking damage is nuts.
>>
>>336094238
>Get more then one? Equip a spear.

ftfy
>>
How do you get back to the level select once you select a level?
>>
Nioh has fantastic mechanics and level design.
I pray that the final release maintains this level of quality.

This may be the best demo since BF1942.
>>
>>336094372
beat the boss again.
>>
>>336094372
Use a branch or complete the level.
>>
>>336094372
Beat it
>>
>>336094267

I'm not talking about running out of stamina, I mean I take one random hit and I'm staggered repeatedly, can't dodge/move until I'm dead.

I was suspecting I might be able to do some street fighter bullshit, by trying to block right as one of the followup attacks is about to hit me, but I've had no success.
>>
>>336094295
>How is that a bad thing at all?
Because it's done badly. You know what would've been a good way? Put enemies in places where you can hardly see them. Not places where they're impossible to see and you have to press the fucking lock on button so your character activates his fucking ESP and auto targets them for you. And that every 5 fucking steps.
>>
>>336094424

Ah, THATs what the branches do.
By the description it sounded like they work the same as travel amulets.
>>
>>336093331
>>>/vg/140674827
>>
>>336094546
Yeah, I was wondering what the deal was with that as well until I just sucked it up and used one.
>>
>>336094547
What does anything of what I said have to do with dark souls or bloodborne?
>>
>>336093331
>The whole loot system is garbage and unnecessary micro management that slows down the game.
This is fair.

>Then there's the fucking enemy placement. It's just cheap.
No, it's not. You just need to be more aware of shit and stop trying to YOLO rush shit.

>>336094238
It's easy to fight a few enemies at once, as you don't do something stupid like aggroing a ninja demon in addition to other enemies.
>>
>>336093331
>summoning
You're literally a fucking pleb
Git gud
>>
The inventory system in this alpha is awful, I really hope they refine it in the beta/full game
>>
File: nipponsaikyo.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nipponsaikyo.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>336094153
like a fightan game
stop pressing buttons and fucking block
>>
>>336094716
Did you not read my shit faggot. I said there should be a second set of shortcut for Items or ninja skills.
>>
>>336094710
I hope you know that I mean your fucking guardian animal and not other players. You know what, fuck it. Go try it out right now. Pick the fucking shark, get to the level 2 boss and tell me you don't take at least 70% off his HP by standing right infront of him and spaming square.
>>
Did the real William had a Japanese mistress?
>>
>>336093331
drops so shitters can actually proceed eventually
>>
>>336094718

I'm blocking pretty liberally. I feel like I'm getting the mechanics figured out reasonably well, I'm just perplexed that any time I fail a parry or a dodge that it seems to be a dearth sentence.

I'll continue experimenting. I'm certain there's something I'm missing.
>>
File: 1446872008291.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1446872008291.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>336092712
>>
>>336094910
He wasn't allowed to return home and see his wife and son by order of the shogun he was under, but he kept in active correspondence with them via mail (And he more or less sent her child support) and she gave him her blessing to move on and remarry. He eventually married a Japanese woman and had several kids with her.
>>
>>336094952
ki impulse: r1
gears quick reload
>>
>>336094452
But in a game where you can easily dash, dodge, and block, it doesn't matter if it's impossible to see everything. There's nothing you can't react to in time, at least from what I've found so far.
>>
>>336095029
'yea uh sorry honey, they said i couldn't leave and sent me all these bitches'
>>
>>336094153
Block, I think the dodge doesn't have invincibility at the start so you can't dodge out of hitstun like dark souls but you can block
>>
I like the ideas in Nioh but I don't know if I actually like it in practice.

It feels even slower than Souls and I don't know if I like that. I would've preferred some Ninja Gaiden levels of speed an action, I guess it was just not what I expected.
>>
>>336095339
It's a actually a lot faster than Souls once you get use to it.
>>
>>336095173

Ah, shit, okay. I get it. I've been trying to pull off street fighter parries and getting nowhere, so this makes sense. I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks.
>>
SHARKBRO'S
WHERE
WE
AT
>>
File: 260315648.jpg (267 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
260315648.jpg
267 KB, 1280x720
How exactly does Ki Pulse work?
>>
>>336095651
Now that my spirit is high enough, that 5% heal is pretty damn nice, hopefully in the full game when it can get upgraded it will get even better.
>>
>>336095768
tap R1 when the stam bar goes up
>>
>>336095029
Why didn't she just come to Japan instead?
>>
>>336095829
When it goes up? Also, what EXACTLY does it do?
>>
>>336095768
when you attack part of your ki turns red. Then a white bare starts to fill over that. Tap R1 when it gets ear to the top. You instantly regain that stamina, and it can dispell underworlds in you are standing in one when you do it.
>>
>>336091864
Did an axe str build on my first run, could have just been the learning curve but i struggled hard with axe. Did a 2nd playthrough with heart spec katana and destroyed Nue first try. Haven't tried spear yet but it seems good.
>>
>>336095918
You get stamina back. If you don't use it, you'll lose alot of stamina. Its a required skill to use or you'll get rekted.
>>
>>336095918
There's a white bar fill up faster than normal regen after you end your move Google Ki Pulse
>>
>>336093331
Dude, just push L3 to sort items and if there aren't any at the top of the list with high def/dmg then push the touchpad, select all and sell. It literally takes a few seconds.

I agree with your point about bosses being stunlocked though.
>>
>>336095997
Is there anywhere to get an axe guaranteed? I know it can probably drop but you start with a katana and there's a spear not far from the beginning, but I don't think I've gotten an axe outside of random drops and generally after I started speccing other weapon skill points.
>>
>>336096219
>push L3 to sort items
R3 i mean.
>>
>folded 1000 times tier
high stance spear

>gomenasai tier
everything else

>no fun allowed tier
low stance sword
high stance axe
>>
is High Stance easy mode ?
>>
>>336096342
>low stance sword
real ninja samurai tier
>>
>>336096376
Nah low stance is
>>
>>336091864
Sword because it reminds me of Onimusha and occasionally Ninja Gaiden.

I fucking love this demo. I just hope they can get the performance issues ironed out and that the game isn't short. If it has a good amount of content it could be a contender for GOTY for me.
>>
>>336096376
I'd say it's like 2 handing in Dark Souls.
>>
>>336096376
high stance axe is easy mode. every enemy dies in two hits. high stance sword I haven't really tried too much. high stance spear is as stylish you can get. Game turns into a platinum game if you go high stance spear due to all the combo finishers and shit you get. high stance spear also has the windmill and I think the multi jab attack as well.
>>
>>336096503
Well it's still in alpha, so I don't expect it to release until later this year, but I can easily see it having a lot of content considering the Demo, depending on how fast you got through it, still had about 4-6 hours of content.
>>
>>336096376
pretty much other stances have to to attack much more that it doesn't balance out the damage/stun and leaves yourself wide open against high poise
>>
>have ninja skill tree
>ninja enemies
>no dual knives
>ninja tree doesn't have any cool sword tech or cool ninja shit, only fucking use items
>>
Your character doesn't go to the second level right? You start with a premade character during the second level?

I've made two characters so far. A stamina/strength axe build and a heart/dexterity spear build. Both from the first level. Would really like to use these characters again or in PvP. Which btw, is pvp even in the demo?
>>
>>336096376
I would probably say no, it doesn't seem like any stance is really "easy mode". High stancing my Katana felt like it was leaving me way too open for not really a whole lot more damage.
>>
>>336096920
Nope, you have your character in the second level as well. I don't think there's really any PVP so to say outside of the revenants.
>>
>>336093331
Your assuming the first area and second area will come one right after the other in the final game. There could be a few areas in between. Or maybe they just tweaked it to drop higher end gear so demo players can get a taste of them. I mean in every loot-heavy game ever you find better gear in the later stages than you do in the early ones. I just hope the game let's you take on hard mode versions of each area after completing the game, similar to how PSO did it. I'd greatly prefer that over the barely noticeable increases in difficulty that the Souls games do for new game plus.
>>
File: 1389755394601.gif (973 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1389755394601.gif
973 KB, 500x360
>go to the second mission
>dat rainy atmosphere
>dat music
Seriously, though. The music in this game is pretty fucking stellar. If the entire game is gonna be seeping with this much class, it's gonna be GOTY.
>>
so how many hours do you have in the demo. I feel like I'm bordering on 20 or so.
>>
>>336097070
How do you check?
>>
>>336096631
Yeah, odds are it will be fine in that area. I'm just wary because I've played awesome demos that ended up being better than the full games before, like Halo 1 and Stranglehold. It's always something I worry about when a demo really impresses me.
>>
>>336097127
Well, I'm just assuming, but I think the PS4 probably has that data somewhere? Like in profile? And if it doesn't, I'd really like it if the PS4 added something like that, nintendo platforms have had track records since the ds and I like knowing how much time I've put into a game.
>>
Kusarigama when?
>>
>>336097070
I'm at level 48 now so probably a fucktonne.
>>
File: 1415557293661.png (90 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
1415557293661.png
90 KB, 480x477
>tfw no greatsword
>tfw No onimusha weapons

I miss onimusha
>>
Real talk, huge props for Koei Tecmo for releasing a demo with so much fucking content.
>>
>>336091864
Hammer and Katana
>>
List some things most people who played the demo missed:

>the first oni you encounter breaks down the wall of the house if you leave it

>if you knock an enemy off a ledge, they do a funny animation and scream as they fall

>you can take more damage based on how you fall. If you jump off a ledge and land on your feet, you may not take any damage at all, but if you are knocked off a ledge, such as getting shot by an arrow as you climb a ladder, you will take a lot of damage when you land

>in the pause menu, you can set what combos and combo finishers you want to execute. I missed this on my first playthrough. I forgot if this is true exactly, but I think there's stuff for combos like if you press square square triangle, you can choose to execute some attack like whirlwind for the spear, which usually triggers when you do a half circle triangle. Someone should go to the menu to see if this is true.
>>
>>336091691
Spear/Sword best combo. Range, damage, and speed when you need them. That spear mid heavy attack is fantastic for range + ki damage, but the katana really shines against human enemies in every stance.

Honestly though, any combo is fine as long as you aren't a 2Kat loser
>>
>>336097969
>any combo is fine as long as you aren't a 2Kat loser
whats the point of two katanas? can you dual wield?
>>
>>336097926
Might have to check that last one simply because I hated having to try and mash out half circle triangle, if you could incorporate it into a combo like God Hand that'd be great.

Speaking of which, that menu really kind of interests me, because it really does give off a God Hand feel to it, imagine being able to select the way you attack with certain stances.
>>
>>336097969
Spear sucks. Rather have axe
>>
>>336097926
>if you knock an enemy off a ledge, they do a funny animation and scream as they fall
you can air juggle/get juggled before falling to death
>>
>>336091586
What does calling back your spirit do? Do you lose out on your souls?
>>
>>336098150
Yes, and also it seems like there will be an item loss mechanic as well or something related to it.
>>
>>336095768
Its Gears of War active reload for your stamina after any attack you do

Hit it too early and you recover less or no stamina
Hit it too late and you get nothing
Hit it at the right time and you get back like %80 of the stamina you used + you clear any demon fog you're standing in
>>
>>336097926
Another thing that most people have probably seen unless they chose to cheese the oni. The oni can cause a puddle of that yokai fog. If you stand in the fog, your stamina can't regenerate. I feel like people will miss this because if they did beat the oni they probably killed it too quickly to have seen this attack.

>>336098150
Yes. You lose your souls and I think you lose all the power you saved up to unleash your spirit's living weapon attack.
>>
>>336098320
I actually tested this and there is a major grace period if you wait for it to fill up.
>>
>>336091864
Spear with katana as my sidearm like a true samurai.
>>
What's even the point of barehanded revenants when revenants don't dodge or parry?
>>
>>336098050
I saw people in other threads who only wanted to use the katana and had two equipped for when one ran out of durability

>>336098079
The axe is good, but spear is great too. Seriously though, try abusing mid heavy attack, it's really great
>>
Whats the best build and why is it heart/magic spear?
>>
Spear feels cheap as fuck.
>>
>>336098603
That's like three builds at once.
>>
File: 1367698479677.jpg (92 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1367698479677.jpg
92 KB, 435x435
>Magic gives you the fucking ability to slow down all enemies
>Ninjitsu gives you a fucking worthless paralysis bomb that only works on humans and they have to be inside the range
Well I'm fucking ignoring ninjisu in the final game
>>
>>336098649
It's just a katana with more range, damage, parries if you need them, and an automated plunging attack while being able to dodge-cancel out of any attack - actually yeah maybe it is a bit OP.
>>
>>336098735
>Ninjitsu

Sorry I can't hear you over these 12 exploding shurikens.
>>
>>336098079
Ace is too slow. Spear does crowd control just as well and isn't slow as shit. I do spear for crowd control, sword for everything else
>>
>>336098603
spear is gay as fuck
>>
spear is without a doubt the best weapon

>you can sweep people's legs, knocking them down instantly
>multi jab attack does a shit ton of damage to onis
>has a *teleports behind you* move
>has an attack that actually regenerates stamina
>the best weapon for crowd control, especially the windmill attack
>and obviously the most range
>>
>>336098871
sword does fine with crowd control. You can also use the bombs.
>>
>>336098871
Problem with Axe - the REAL problem - is not being able to dodge-cancel mid or high recovery frames.

And low stance is nodamage norange
>>
>>336097606
This. It is fucking awesome of them desu. I don't usually praise modern video game companies but its nice to actually have a demo that shows what the game really is.

So is anyone else helping their fellow Williams and running newbies through the first level? I have gotten about 10 new players through the oni boss and about 30 to the short cut for him.
>>
>>336099173
I gave up on Coop after every single person seemingly just non stop spawned revenants.
>>
Sword for real honabru gaijin, everything else is baka.
>>
>>336098967
I have never had a problem overcommitting with axe attacks honestly since everyone is pretty much insta staggered by axes. I just make sure not to commit more than two attacks at a time to onis and bosses and it works out pretty well. I really don't see the reason for the shit people give axes and hammers
>>
>>336099264
If they do that I just let them die or kill myself
>>
Can you summon the animals in the demo?
>>
>>336099505
yes triangle and circle when your meter is full.
You can switch out which ones at the not bonfire.
>>
>>336099393
>everyone is pretty much insta staggered by axes.
No they aren't, and especially when combating groups with enemies that have hyper-armour the axe simultaneously requires hit and run tactics and committal to every action.
>>
Using the spear I feel like Cassius-fucking-Bright.

This shit is great.
>>
>>336099460
how do you kill yourself? I tried to quit but didn't know how.besides getting killed
>>
>>336099683
Key Items > Harakiri Sword
>>
>>336099834
ty cutie
>>
>>336099950
is that pandalee
>>
>>336100212
yes
>>
SOMEBODY HELP ME KILL THE FUCKING FIRST BOSS.

GOD FUCKING DAMN.
>>
>>336100486
Hes easy like the second boss
>>
>>336100513
NO HE FUCKING IS NOT
>>
>>336099668
>no they aren't
They are for me. It takes away human stamina in basically one hit. And you shouldn't be commiting more than 2 mid stance attacks to an oni no matter the weapon.
>>
am I doing something wrong or does the first boss fight take like 100 hits to kill? I have a katana that does like 100 damage and I tried with an axe with 150 damage too, but when you have to dodge 100 attacks to win the fight and one wrong move can instakill you (since it's like 5x damage when you're dodging), I dunno man. I'm like level 10 or so.
>>
>>336091864
I just use sword because it looks cool. I change stances depending on what enemies im fighting because the hitboxes in this game are pretty strict and you'll whiff alot otherwise on certain enemies.
>>
>>336100612
>since it's like 5x damage when you're dodging

You're getting hit in the back more likely, since it does like double damage when you do.
>>
>>336100612
>since it's like 5x damage when you're dodging
No. Its about 2x the damage when your back is turned. Pressing x without touching the left thumbstick allows you to jump back without turning your back so do that from now on.
And as for him he takes a while to kill. Try using your living weapon and some bombs.
>>
So are they keeping the item degradation in the final?

I really don't know how I feel about it, it's kind of a hassle to switch all my gear out every 10 minutes.
>>
>>336100798
Hasn't been an issue for me. I usually find better gear before my old stuff breaks. And when I don't I have plenty of repair items.
>>
>>336100798
I'm assuming it'll stay, but we'll have shops to buy whetstones from rather than having to go by RNG drops.
>>
>>336100798
It hasn't been an issue for me at all and I can appreciate the little bit of micromanagement it adds to the game because I love dumb shit like that. But at the same time I can't really come up with a reason for it to be a necessary mechanic in the final build, it just adds some grind basically. Some people despise it. I dunno it's really been a non issue for me.
>>
>>336100798
Yes, but there'll be a blacksmith in the final version.
>>
>>336101149
If it had a better inventory system, it might be ok. It's basically diablo with extra menus and no mouse.
>>
>>336100798
Honestly, if they just let me use currency to pay for repairs at shrines, I'll be fine
>>
>>336101245
I'd just want them to tone down the dorp frequency a tad. Loot treadmill can be addicting as fuck if they don't go overboard with drops.
>>
>>336101363
It's fine as it is if we have to continue shrine offering as much as we do.
>>
Will there be more weapon types? Three seems low. Four if you count hammer but it shares the same moveset as an axe
>>
>>336103342
How many weapon types do you really think Japan would have in the sengoku period?
>>
>>336103342
I'd rather it stayed low.

having extra fluff like darksouls is kind of boring. I just want all the good weapon abilities on only a few weapons.
>>
I've reached the point where I need 100k amrita to level up. Holy shit.
>>
>>336103435
Nunchucks, scythe with ball and chain, a fan, dual daggers, etc
>>
>>336094449
Have you tried just holding block instead?
>>
>>336103435
Shit load between staffs, staffs with swords, swords, nunchucks, caltrops, throwing stars. Just play ninja Gaiden or tenchu
>>
>>336103697
Oh maybe even a gun
>>
File: 1388116039476.jpg (62 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1388116039476.jpg
62 KB, 800x800
>>336103435
:^)
>>
>>336103832
> caltrops
> throwing stars

You mean ninjutsu?
>>
>>336103342
I'm expecting there to be at least two more, a ninja sword/kusarigama type and dual swords. I'd be ok with that many considering it looks like each type will play really differently and get a lot of unique skills.
>>
>>336103605
>not being level 46 and needing 600k
The cost shoots up so damn much but I don't even know what I'd want to level up now,
>>
>>336104530
I need to level stamina and it sucks.
>>
HIGH STANCE SPEAR MASTER RACE REPORTING IN, BITCHES

SQUARE - TRIANGLE ALL DAY, E'ERY DAY
>>
>>336104660
Shit don't remind me. The game's been giving me nothing but really good light armour that outclasses everything else, but the stuff I like the look of most is mid which I never get and even wearing the one part puts me into B agility.
>>
>>336091586
Where the fuck are you you little green fucks? I've been through this level a dozen times and i still dont know where you are damnit
>>
Quick Kick or Sword Ki explosion? For me its the explosion not sure why someone would pick kick
>>
>>336105541
What hats are you missing and in which level?
>>336105584
Kick is good for one on one fights and I feel compliments mid style more than low.
>>
>>336105584
I have Sword Ki on mid for the better actual damage and aoe and Kick on low for the speed, while with high I stick with Morning Moon cause that style/ki pulse/damage. I think both are pretty good and compliment those stances but I just like having all of them to use as well.
>>
>>336105719
>>336105891
oposing opinions but that means it comes down to preference. Though I think you guys are on to something, since we have 3 stances put kick in atleast one (I would feel it to low but needs to test)
>>
>there are people here right now who don't know that William Adams is a real, historical figure
>>
>>336106397
No

There are people on twitch, tumblr, twitter complaining about white washing because apparently it's cool now because of kusonagi. They're also trying to start shit like petitions and have thousands of birds flocking around them agreeing
>>
>>336105719
Red hat first level, haven't done second yet
>>
>>336094359
that's what he just said though, idiot
>>
>>336096342
low stance sword is actually really cool, you can slash up and dodge and GAIN stamina
>>
File: oh man of fuck.png (369 KB, 424x333) Image search: [Google]
oh man of fuck.png
369 KB, 424x333
I just checked out the demo earlier, seems like a ton of fun. I think it's a bit of a shame it's a PS4 exclusive, since I just managed to build my first PC, and have would have liked to not have to choose between framerate or graphics, but whatever, I'll probably still get it, maybe not right away, I'll wait for a bit of a price drop.

I'm going to reroll as soon as I start back up on it, because I got to the first boss, and my stats are fucked, and he's wrecking my as I do almost no real damage to him. I'm going to grind it out, and make a heavy armor tank sword guy.

>Mfw I realize bow headshots seem to instakill regular human enemies
>>
I hope they get some kinda scimitar in, I know it's japanese but gimme a curved sword
>>
>>336106778
>Mfw I realize bow headshots seem to instakill regular human enemies
>the bloodsplatter

I love how visceral this game is. Everyone was full of dust and shit in darksouls and bloodborne was just exploding ketchup. loving this tho.
>>
>>336106540
what the fuck are you talking about?
I've spoken to a few people who really don't know that William Adams was a British guy who went to Japan and became a samurai and the main character, is called William Adams (at least for now)
I hope they keep that because it's really funny
>>
>>336106603
If it's the one I'm thinking of it's near the second shrine closest to the lord's manor where you find the first oni. You follow the path, deal with the axe bandit, and then drop down and deal with the archer. Once they're done, go back under the cliff to find some boxes. Destroy them and you'll find the red hat one.
>>
>>336106878
Yeah, I love some good visceral kills in games.

Can you chop off limbs, or is it just heads? I always see head get lopped off with heavy attacks, but I don't think I saw a single arm go flying.
>>
>>336107126
Limbs fly when you parry I believe.

It might even be context sensitive so where you cut them maybe.
>>
>>336107126
open your eyes, nigger
you can cut off arms and legs
>>
>>336107126
You can chop limbs off. It's fucking great. You can cut the head, arms, and legs off people and yokai. I remember one time I was fighting a ninja oni and I sliced his head off in the middle of him doing a flip.

Zombies seem to be the only things that are hard to dismember.
>>
>>336106397
I could buy that, he's not super well-known outside of Japan and history buff circles. Clavell's Shogun and the spin-off series were pretty popular in their day, but that was in the 70s and 80s. I'd honestly be surprised if everyone in these threads was aware of him pre-TGS last year.

What's silly is people automatically just calling him a Geralt knockoff on the basis they both have pale hair and similar hairstyles.

>>336106927
Some faggot streamer on Twitch was bitching about William for a few minutes the other day, and some Slav watching the stream was so incensed about it that he's been going berserk and bitching on and on about it on /v/ constantly since yesterday morning.

>>336107126
It'd dependant on how many hits you can get in on someone during their death animation. Using the light attacks means you can usually get a few limbs off them, at least.
>>
>>336092712
The anon that wrote this, and the anons using it as pasta are doing God's work. Keep at it brothers.
>>
It is good but fps is shitty, and low res with high fps. Too bad it is ps 4 exclusive.
>>
>>336107209
Maybe I've just gotten really unlucky with it?

>>336107175
Holy shit you can parry? Do you just block right as an enemy hit connects? I didn't try it, but now I want to.

>>336107224
That ninja oni that's down the way and around the corner past the shrine right as you leave the residence area with the first oni fucking spook'd me, since I went through the alleyway first, and triggered him as I killed the zombie guy.

I managed to kill him with my spirit weapon buff thing, though.
>>
>>336107398
> Do you just block right as an enemy hit connects
did you not find the skill tab?
You have to unlock it, but yeah it's block and then press square.
>>
>>336107362
It's kind of strange how easy it is for me to adjust to the FPS difference between it and, say, PC DaS3.

I think it's because I spent such a long time on console, and only recently made the transition to playing almost entirely on PC, with my recently first self-built PC.

The difference between store-bought and self-assembled is pure sex.
>>
>>336107457
Or triangle.
>>
>>336107398
>>336107457
I believe axes are the only weapon that can't parry if you're using them, also there is a perfect block for Katanas that involves blocking just as the enemy hits and it pretty much knocks them back with all, or almost all stamina drained.
>>
>>336107506
Is that even a parry, what does that even do differently?

>>336107526
Do you mean the normal block that has the "explosive" description or something?
>>
>>336107585
Square and triangle both send stumbling in different directions.
>>
File: kent is an ayylmao.png (1 MB, 1339x698) Image search: [Google]
kent is an ayylmao.png
1 MB, 1339x698
>>336107457
>Skill tab

Oh my god. I feel so stupid.

>>336107506
Does that initiate the visceral attack thing? I found that heavy attacking an enemy that is out of breath did a special animation that usually ended up executing normal enemies.
>>
>download demo expecting a good souls clone with a new, fresh environment with the whole japanese mythology thing
>get an extremely shoddy souls clone with incredibly dull environments and enemy design
I was hoping for so much more
>>
>>336107626
If they're out of stamina you can do that by holding down triangle it's called "grapple" and you start out with it. It also works if they're on the ground and you just stab them normally.
>>
>>336107626
>initiate the visceral attack thing?
Yeah it's a grapple, though I'm pretty sure it's only doable on human enemies.
>>336107585
>Is that even a parry, what does that even do differently?
If you do the follow up attack to triangle's parry it knocks them down allowing you to stab them.
>>
nioh is a souls game made competently
>>
This game feels a lot like god hand now that I think about it.

>>336107703
it's bloodborne but made from the ground up, like bloodborne should have been.
>>
>>336107680
Souls players are cancer.
>>
File: Nioh shark too stronk.webm (3 MB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
Nioh shark too stronk.webm
3 MB, 711x400
How does he refill it in this webm? I know that killing enemies refills it. Do KI blasts work? Or is it something shark related.
>>
>Souls fans are going to ruin this great game with their bullshit complaints

I should have known we can't have nice things. Half the comments are "White samurai? Dass Racist!" even though he's based on a real white samurai, and the other half are "You mean I can't just leeroy jenkins everything and win? I actually need common sense?! ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY!" The whole point of the demo was so that Tecmo could grind Team NINJA's faces in the feedback and say "See? We told you no one likes NES tier Difficulty anymore. Now make it Souls of Duty and give the game iframes and a six hour tutorial!"
>>
>>336108061
>game is garbage
>blame it on the fanbase of the game it's shamelessly copying
>>
>>336108136
but it's actually really good

Like REALLY good.
>>
>>336108136
(you)
>>
>>336107970
I think it might just be broken. The refill that happens with Nue doesn't happen with the boat oni. Boat oni also doesn't get infinitely stunlocked.
>>
>>336107970
Getting hits while in living weapon refills the meter a bit, he got in on Nue's stunlock opening and just wailed on him.
>>
>>336107970
The spirit meter for the super mode? It's something spirit related. It most likely has to do with Isonade's living weapon stats in comparison to the others.
>>
>>336107526
Yeah axe can't parry but instead they get a charging move that lets you block while moving, you can use it as a ghetto parry
>>336107585
To cover all the other "parries" in the game:
Sword square parry and it's followup does big damage and leaves them standing letting you continue pressuring and attacking
Sword triangle parry is the fastest animation and the followup stabs then quickly making them slowly fall to the ground. You can stab them when they're on the ground but I think this is best for putting an enemy out of commission in crowds.
The perfect block is just blocking right before the enemy hits you, if done right they fall over and lose almost all their Ki. Probably the safest option since no whiff animation.
Spear's parry takes longer to start up so it can be harder to time but when it works it floors them for a free ground stab and you can learn a skill which gives an attack boost on successful parry.
And unarmed sword catch is about the spear's timing or later but fuckin disarms and stabs them with their own weapon for a one hit kill which is cool as hell.

Don't think I forgot anything, there's a ton of stuff in this game that people don't realize but is really cool.
>>
>>336108136
> shamelessly copying
> the only direct "copy" is the way the exp system works and bloodstains
> everything else has been commonplace in Japanese action games forever
> but souls players are too young to know PS2 era action games and too poor to know vita and psp action games

You fags are literally the halo fandom of action games.
>>
>>336091864
High stance axe just feels the most satisfying and efficient to me.
>>
>>336107970
Getting Amrita in whatever manner refills the gauge, and hitting Nue when it's Ki has ran out gives you Amrita so you can just wail on him and keep it going.
>>
>>336108314
>And unarmed sword catch is about the spear's timing or later but fuckin disarms and stabs them with their own weapon for a one hit kill which is cool as hell.
Holy shit
Does it do like a two hand clap thing because this sounds amazing.
>>
>>336091586

>tfw you won't get the dlc level because you are a scrub

Feels pretty bad but I suck at this game compared to souls.
>>
>>336108393
That's exactly what it does.
>>
>>336108393
Yes.
>>
>>336107970
Blue form has refilling every time you hit an enemy who is out of ki, essentially making it infinite if you keep hitting a stunlocked boss
>>
>>336108435
>>336108456
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJfNBmF5C0
>>
>>336108393
It even comes with a complimentary background 'YOOOO' when you land the barehanded parry.
>>
>>336091691
Hi.
I've stopped using swords at this point.
>>
File: 1408570178582.jpg (1 MB, 1442x1614) Image search: [Google]
1408570178582.jpg
1 MB, 1442x1614
>>336108581
STOP
I CAN'T
>>
>>336108427
Don't give up, what are you having trouble on? One thing that's universally important is learning Ki Pulse and using the advantages of different stances where they'll help the most. Also use your items and bow.
>>336108510
Every spirit animal gives you that, shark just has the longest timer and goes down the least when you're hit in exchange for taking the longest to fill up to use.
>>
File: 1462034015956.webm (909 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462034015956.webm
909 KB, 1280x720
>>336108393
>>
>>336108651
Hawk fills fast, goes fast.

Dog fills okay, goes okay.

Lightning dog is shit, might as well kill itself.

Shark takes a while, goes literally forever.
>>
File: nioh 1.webm (1 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
nioh 1.webm
1 MB, 720x405
Neat secret I found by accident. You can knock rocks into wells for items. There's a few wells in the village. This one gives you sacred water, but there's one near the end that gives out an elixir.
>>
>Play Nioh demo
>Can't get past the first level
People think this is GOOD?.........................
>>
>>336108875
Ah thanks. Though i agree with the doge one. Hawk is much better for grinding and the shark/wolf are much better for fighting.
The higher item drops on Hawk is really noticeable and since it fills so fast you can use its A+ weapon buff really often and kill enemies faster.
>>
>>336109005
Sorry anon, but it's not the game that isn't good.
>>
>>336109005
Conquered
>>
>>336108875
>lightning dog >shit
Did you even use it? Sure it has pretty crappy bonuses but it fills fast and lasts almost as long as shark does. It's the balanced one of them all but is slightly above average with everything, firedog does the most damage but can go out pretty easy too, though not as easy as bird.
>>
>>336109005
It's great isn't it?!
the first encounter was so sudden I almost felt like I was supposed to lose but I barely beat the guy while I was figuring out the controls. Then they start to tease you with two guys that are stupid powerful and it forces you to try to look around so you learn about alternate paths.
And then the next area is nothing but alternate paths. All the while you keep learning new cool abilities that you can try on enemies while you slowly get better and slowly crawl your way up a mountain.

Oh man I love this game I hope it does well.
>>
>>336108928
Yeah, I just hit it on the basis of the well doing a similar thing in DaS 2 and was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>336109180
Do you ever revert back to souls controls on accident?

I've tried dashing with circle way too many times
>>
>>336109252
Initially, absolutely. I'd been playing BB and DaS 3 a bunch up until Tuesday, so I kept dying from stupid shit that was a result of me just hitting the wrong button.

Though I still keep accidentally opening up the gestures menu as opposed to the inventory thanks to it being the opposite of BB and how I have my DS4 configured for DaS 3.
>>
>>336108875
>Dog fills okay, goes okay.
It's a wolf, you twit.
>>
>>336095135
To be fair, he did send money home to support his wife.
>>
>>336095651
Sharkbro for life
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Samurai
>you flash back to a children's novel when you heard the game
What am I doing with my life?
>>
File: nioh.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nioh.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
why is no one posting characters?
>>
>tfw mid spear guard poke

loving it
>>
File: ninja build.png (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ninja build.png
1 MB, 1024x576
who /ninja/ here?

>tfw you freeze the boss and you bombard him with arrows and fire shurikens
>>
>>336109742

Cos every character looks like a weeaboo roleplayer from Dark souls
>>
gosh i wish 4chan would increase webm size. I want to upload some webms for this game. they're nothing that special but I personally love seeing people tackle scenarios in different ways and I feel like nobody plays the way I play.
>>
File: 1461507356716.png (459 KB, 733x586) Image search: [Google]
1461507356716.png
459 KB, 733x586
>decide to kill the boss of the 2nd stage again
>summon someone for it
>he does something and he has no KI anymore
>just square him to death
What. I didn't even need to do anything but attack him. He couldn't do anything.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (136 KB, 1049x555) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
136 KB, 1049x555
>full game will have rifles and sickle & chain
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.