[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you going to buy his game /v/? Make Tanabe a happy man again.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
Are you going to buy his game /v/? Make Tanabe a happy man again.
>>
HUGO CHAVEZ?
>>
First he has to make me happy
>>
File: 1460686394840.png (606 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
1460686394840.png
606 KB, 600x479
>>336089347
He will help you to understand how fucking entitled you are pham.
>>
If Tanabe was in charge of Smash Bros
>Tingle gets in
>Federation Troops get in
>Sticker Star Mario gets in
>Something even worse than tripping is implemented

It's like romance
>>
>>336089289
Fuck Tanabe, bring back Sakamoto so he can produce Metroid: Dread
>>
I hate that this vanity project has twisted him into the bad guy. Before this he seemed like a decent median between the western devs and Nintendo. Best thing he did was push a new Punch-out.
>>
>>336089289
Nope should've cancelled it
>>
>>336091310
It's just that his ego makes him look oblivious to his audience
He thinks he can be a miracle worker
>>
So sad that just because of this game he's now going to be an ebin meme for the rest of eternity.
>>
What if Federation Force is good?
>>
>>336092031
That and Sticker Star
>>
>>336092031
Every major game dev has to go through this, I suppose. They're treated great up until they slip up, then suddenly they're literally satan and were never actually good and all of their achievements were the work of other people.

Miyamoto went through it. Kojima went through it. Now it's him. I'm sure next all of the people praising Koizumi as the second coming of christ will turn on him the moment he's part of a below average game's development.
>>
>Make Tanabe a happy man again.

Maybe he should make something worth buying first.
>>
>>336092796
It will be considered dumb luck, and people will then just hate it on principle
>>
>>336092796
Honestly, the game's biggest problem is it should have been it's own thing. If it weren't attached to the Metroid name, people probably be alright with it.
>>
>>336093574
Who tought Metroid could work as a first person shooter MonHun? Jesus christ. I'll still give it a chance tho.
>>
>>336093113
Sakamoto is still going through it along with 343 Industries. Let's also not forget Bungie.
>>
File: 1385697774644.png (38 KB, 245x201) Image search: [Google]
1385697774644.png
38 KB, 245x201
Why did he allow this to happen?
>>
>>336089289
More like JUSTSUKE am I right XD
>>
>>336094194
Because he's the Japanese BlastBall guy.
>>
>>336093574
I think it's ultimately a little too closely attached to Metroid despite the obvious differences to just completely divorce it from the franchise.

I think the only thing that would have made people accept this is if there were a proper Metroid on the horizon alongside it. Me, personally, I would be more accepting of it if it just looked, you know, fun. Seems much too slow and the gameplay itself seems really one-note as it is right now.

If it had a more traditional, dark and serious art style, that also would have helped perception of it.
>>
>>336094323
Meant Bullet Ball.
>>
File: miyamoto.jpg (18 KB, 630x322) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.jpg
18 KB, 630x322
>>336094194
Was this man in his proximity? You don't fuck around this man.
>>
>>336093113
Kojima deserved it though
>>
>>336089289
I'll make ur mum happy m8.
>>
I might buy Force Fed if either they put out a demo I like, or if I pirate it and like it.

I won't be buying his Color Splash regardless.
>>
>>336094194
I'm going to imagine it went down like this: He couldn't make Prime 4, or any major console game really, since Nintendo has obviously been trying to ignore the Wii U's existence, and he got pushed off to the 3DS.

So he said "alright, I can't make a proper Prime game, but maybe I can work with this spinoff idea I've got" so he pushed that forward but he needed a developer. Next Level was seemingly chosen just because they were the only ones available.

So you wind up with a dev that's least suited to working with Metroid making a Prime spinoff, and it's stuck on a handheld to boot.
>>
>>336093574
I find people saying this "it would be good if it didn't have x name" thing quite often, but I've never understood why. The game looks mind-numbingly dull and not engaging in the slightest.
>>
>>336094125
I still think that probably the wackiest thing I've seen out of these threads are all the people pulling a 180 and trying to act like they're suddenly ok with Sakamoto making Metroid again even after denouncing him as the king of all hacks.
>>
>>336093574
That's one of the problems, the other was the fact that there was no mainline Metroid to go along with the spin off. Zelda have the handheld titles inbetween and alongside the main games, Mario have the zillions of spin offs to go along the 3D Mario games. No one would really care about the Spin Off not being Metroid-ish if there was an actual Metroid game on the making as well.

But instead of making the mainline console Metroid game fans have been begging, and a handheld spin off, they decided to just make a handheld spin off, one that forsakes some of the features that makes a Metroid game, well, Metroid, after six years without Metroid, and almost ten years without a good Metroid, on the 30th anniversary of the Metroid series.

It's like a bunch of consecutive slaps to the face.
>>
>>336092796
I saw gamexplain's footage of them running a mission and it was boring as fuck. I can't imagine having to replay those missions over and over to be actually fun.
>>
>>336095218
Because people tend to go easier on new IPs on their first game, and at the very least they wouldn't be attached to something that people rather it not be. Because it's part of the series, people will also compare it to other games. If it was it's own things, expectations are different, and you can't compare it, due to being the first of it's own series.
>>
>>336095238
Difference is Sakamoto directed and produced good games before and after the abomination called Other M. Tanabe gave us Zip Lash, Tingle, Sticker Star, Color Splash, Hunters, and this. So more games mean more problems.
>>
>>336095450
>Because people tend to go easier on new IPs on their first game
I don't think that's really true. But whatever the case, crap is crap regardless of whether it's part of an existing IP or a new one, so it's silly to say a game that looks like shit would magically be okay if it was its own thing.
>>
>>336095314
Agreed, if Nintendo would've announced Metroid: Dread (being made by their EPD team) at E3 last year with this, people would've really been complaining much at all. If you wanted 2D Metroid you would've got Dread, if you wanted Prime you would've got Federation Force.
>>
>>336095785
>If you wanted 2D Metroid you would've got Dread, if you wanted Prime you would've got Federation Force.
Sounds like the people who wanted Prime would have gotten the raw end of the deal.
>>
>>336095728
I'm not saying new IPs can't have a bad game. I'm saying at the very least, the current reception towards this wouldn't be as bad in comparison, if it was one.
>>
>>336096003
Well no shit.
>>
>>336095529
Tanabe produced plenty of good games in the past, though. And overall, Tanabe works on far more, Sakamoto has hardly done shit in the past generation besides Tomodachi Life.

Somehow I get the feeling we haven't seen more "evidence" of his downfall simply because he hasn't been doing much. Seems to me like Nintendo as a whole is the thing that's going down the shitter.
>>
>>336095995
Unfortunately Sakamoto is ready to move on pass Fusion when he returns to Metroid, Tanabe wasn't ready yet and wanted to make this over Prime 4.
>>
File: 1453447105796.png (280 KB, 943x703) Image search: [Google]
1453447105796.png
280 KB, 943x703
>>336095420
>not even gamexplain, the biggest Nintendo shills on youtube, can make the game look good

What a fucking disaster.
>>
>>336096179
>Seems to me like Nintendo as a whole is the thing that's going down the shitter.

The old guard need to retire. Splatoon shows that the younger devs are capable. Though some devs like HAL and such are still consistent.
>>
>>336089289
Mr. "nine years" Tanabe fucked up.
>>
>>336094913
It started as a DSi project, way before Nintendo could know the wiiu was a bomb. But I can see him being shuttled off to handheld development anyway and taking his frustration out on it.
>>
>>336096385
>>336096179
I think everyone's too quick to judge right now. Wait until the first quarter of the NX being out on the market, because it really looks like they moved their best people from the wiiu over to it as soon as possible.
>>
>>336097104
Oh I agree. Them getting off the sinking poor sales ship the Wii U is, was probably the smart move. I guess we can only wait and see in regards to the NX.
>>
>>336096835
That man must be really pissed:

>nobody likes your game
>your bosses make you apologise in a direct
>have to work around a shit handheld
>have to develop some soccer shit because Nintendo now wants the e sport audience

I would be mad as fuck.
>>
>>336097324
On one hand, I want to say he should have just made a better game. On the other, I know that even if it were better people would still hate it simply for being a spinoff coming out at a bad time. There was never any winning here.
>>
File: japanese phil fish unimpressed.jpg (2 MB, 3568x2000) Image search: [Google]
japanese phil fish unimpressed.jpg
2 MB, 3568x2000
>>336094913
He wanted to make Federation Force over 10 years ago, then it was in development hell for the last 7 years.
>>
>>336098819
No, more like after a brief stint of development like seven years ago now it was dropped, then revisited two years ago or so.
>>
>>336098819
>>336096835
I know the idea was around for a long time, I just have to imagine that, if it were around for that long, there must be a reason it's coming up now. Could simply just be because of the New 3DS like they said, but part of me feels like it's just because this is basically the only Metroid game he could really get off the ground given the current climate at Nintendo.
>>
>>336099081
Is New 3DS only?
>>
>>336099158
No it's also on regular 3DS.
>>
File: some_metroid_fanart.jpg (524 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
some_metroid_fanart.jpg
524 KB, 1000x773
>guy who's not even in charge of the metroid franchise wants to make a fun spinoff game
>metroid fans shit on him for no raison
>this is the life of Kensuke JUSTanabe
>>
File: 1434509525579.jpg (107 KB, 792x890) Image search: [Google]
1434509525579.jpg
107 KB, 792x890
>>336099559
>fun
>>
>>336089289
I'm going to pirate it, would buy without piracy.
>>
I dont see why this couldnt be the return of a 2d Metroid game. II was on Gameboy and Fusion was on GBA, why fucking even waste time on Zip Lash and not rework that into a Metroid game
>>
>>336101882
Because it's out of Tanabe's jurisdiction. He is the Producer of the Metroid Prime series. The 2D series falls under Sakamoto. After Other M he didn't make a new Metroid because at the time he didn't have any idea of what direction to take the 2D series. Takahashi said they now have ideas but a 2D Metroid game still hasn't surfaced I'm hoping that E3 will change things.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.