[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me what you think of the Tomb Raider reboot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Tell me what you think of the Tomb Raider reboot.
>>
The one from a few years ago was really nice if you like games like Uncharted.

The one from last year was pretty much a clone of it with some annoying gimmicky shit, but still good. Just not as good.
>>
Too much shooting, not enough tomb raiding.
It's okay
>>
>>336085071
It's stupid and unnecessary.
>>
Rape of the franchise. If it didn't use the name "Tomb Raider", it would have just been a generic scripted action-adventure game, which would have been okay. But to call this shit Tomb Raider was appalling. They turned Lara into a meek lesbian, the main weapon was a bow and she only got her trademark dual pistols for the end, the find bosses were both QTEs, tombs were fucking optional in TOMB RAIDER, it had that awful modern game thing where you are constantly walking on bridges or using ladders that collapse, detective vision was there for no real reason, xp was there for no real reason, 99.9% of the enemies were generic mercenaries, no puzzles, ect. It's not a Tomb Raider game.
>>
>>336085251
No it's not
>>
>>336085071
I liked the first of the rebooted series, there was some decent character development and the gameplay was also pretty decent. The second one had a story worse than the first and tombraider had no character.
>>
File: 1460410179062.png (171 KB, 346x297) Image search: [Google]
1460410179062.png
171 KB, 346x297
How long do you plan to make this same thread every 2 hours?
>>
Never played it. Didn't look interesting enough.
>>
Polished but boring. The kind of game you burn through between worthwhile releases and forget about immediately afterwards.
>>
>>336085071
i liked it because of the setting and shipwrecked idea. combat sequences were also pretty good with nice level design and responsive controls

would have liked more emphasis on puzzles, exploration and survival.. less emphasis on most modern videogame trends. the animation needed work and a mocap studio

the narrative dissonance in this game was especially awful, and the out of place weapon upgrades didn't help

>>336085335
also this

wish this game had modding tools desu.. might be able to make a real TR experience with more puzzles and a lot of the trash removed
>>
File: 49849167_p0.jpg (806 KB, 900x1278) Image search: [Google]
49849167_p0.jpg
806 KB, 900x1278
>>336085740
>>
>>336086681
Cute.
>>
>>336085071
The gameplay is like Uncharted, but without the likeable characters and good music, and it takes itself much more seriously.
It's garbage.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.