[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have this sudden urge in buying a sega saturn, convince me not to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: saturn.jpg (30 KB, 700x499) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
30 KB, 700x499
i have this sudden urge in buying a sega saturn, convince me not to
>>
>>336081929
Are you a weeb? What are they charging?

It isn't necessarily a bad buy as long as you know what you are getting.
>>
>>336081929
It's one of the shitiest consoles ever made along with the Dreamcast
>>
All the good games are either japanese only or too expensive. It's a really nice system, but it was only worth it when it first came out.
>>
No games unless you're willing to import some good Japanese-only games.
>>
Where the hell are you going to find one that's not all fucked up because of decades of use, a museum?
>>
File: VirtuaL On.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
VirtuaL On.webm
3 MB, 640x480
Do it faggot
>>
File: pds.jpg (37 KB, 429x500) Image search: [Google]
pds.jpg
37 KB, 429x500
>>336081929
>>
>>336081929
>convince me not to
do it fag
>>
Is it easy to pirate for? If so go for it. These old consoles are the shit when you can just play the entire catalog whenever you want.
>>
>>336082028
>Are you a weeb?
not really, i play games that are classified as weeb but not all the time
>What are they charging?
$125

i have been doing a lot of looking into the saturn and their is a shit ton of great exclusives only reason why im hesitate in buying one is because the games are fucking expensive
>>
>>336082397
Look at modding shit. That could make or break it for you. It's not like Sega is making money off it.
>>
I did and modded it and have no regrets
I just want to know if any of these anime games have translations
>>
What are good games on this thing? I don't even know if I know of any besides Castlevania and Virtual-On
>>
>>336082601
>>336083294
yeah probably modding it is my best bet i will check it out
>>
>>336081929
Just use emulation and buy a saturn usb controller.
>>
File: Tomb Raider (U) Front.jpg (386 KB, 1441x2381) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Raider (U) Front.jpg
386 KB, 1441x2381
>>336083403
die hard arcade
panzer dragoon triology
nights
bug
dark savior
gungriffon
dragon force
shining force 3
virtua cop
radiant silvergun

just to name a few
>>
File: 1453731897677.jpg (20 KB, 438x336) Image search: [Google]
1453731897677.jpg
20 KB, 438x336
How easy is it to mod? I have a model 1 with the action replay, but I really want to burn Panzer Dragoon Saga and play it.
>>
>>336082223
I really want the arcade cabinet of this. Too bad I'll never be able to afford one.
>>
Do it OP.

One of the best consoles ever.
>>
File: dc recommendation.jpg (932 KB, 1530x1530) Image search: [Google]
dc recommendation.jpg
932 KB, 1530x1530
>>336081929
Because the Dreamcast exists and is cheaper to collect for.
>>
>>336084136
A torrent is pretty cheap.
>>
With a modchip, all you need to do is know how to solder. Or just get someone on Racketboy to do it. If you just want to do a swap trick, you tape down part of the Saturn so it thinks it's always closed.
>>
>>336084528
Aren't there hacked carts that will basically let you run shit without one?
>>
>>336084664
No. You need a mod chip.
>>336081929
Do it. I got a japanese white model 2 off of ebay for $50 CAD shipped. Count in the price of the mod chip, region unlock cartridge and the spindle of blank cd's and I was happily playing PDS for under $150 with an entire library waiting to go.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.