[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
doom appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: images (1).jpg (14 KB, 324x155) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14 KB, 324x155
with the new doom coming out in about two weeks let's recall all those great times we had blowing the shit out of imps

i'll start off the flames of life of this thread
> doom 2
> beating the sausage out of imps and demons alike
> literally survive room full of cyberdemons, can't get worse than that, right?
> go to next room
> fall in poison pit
> slowly die
>>
Here's a pretty good playthrough of Romero's recent map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3658_FvtM-o

>tfw you're not brave enough to play a map that fast
>>
File: DOOM - IDSOFTWARE.png (18 KB, 780x157) Image search: [Google]
DOOM - IDSOFTWARE.png
18 KB, 780x157
>>336078740
>>
>>336078740
I remember in doom 3 that terminal was showing the power of the chaingun with a display showing the user rounding corners and blasting enemies nonstop

its like "hey remember how fun the previous doom games were? doom 3 is nothing like this!"

doom 4 look better in terms of not being as boring as doom 3 but it still doesn't look as fun as doom 1/2
>>
>>336078740
What the fuck does beating the sausage mean?
>>
Well, at least it's an improvement.

I've never played 3 but I've heard it was slow. I'd have to check it out to see for myself.
>>
>>336078740
You have all of /vr/ to gush about Doom. Leave /v/ alone.
>>
>>336080154

new one is coming out soon
therefore I do what I want
>>
>>336078740

i remember buying the shareware version of doom for like 5 bucks from a sears store when i was a little kid and it changed my life. eventually i upgraded my 2400 baud modem to a 14.4k when doom 2 came out and i played a TON of deathmatch on a local bbs. some of the best times of my life
>>
File: doom.webm (1008 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
doom.webm
1008 KB, 768x432
>>336079356
I liked the megaarmour secret
>>
What wads do you faggots recommend? That ICARUSLIV3S show some cool wads but I need moar
>>
File: DooM.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
DooM.webm
3 MB, 960x540
So glad I'm using GZDooM because those areas that are meant to be dark are actually dark.
>>
>>336081224
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=9955
>>
>>336081475
try dark doom
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.