[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to start this game. What am I in for? Any exceptionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: the-secret-world-img-4.jpg (32 KB, 462x260) Image search: [Google]
the-secret-world-img-4.jpg
32 KB, 462x260
About to start this game. What am I in for? Any exceptionally fun classes? Secret World thread.
>>
>>336074692
>What am I in for?
Horror done right with a not so good combat system. Also there are no classes, just suggestions. You can take up any tree and mix with whatever more or less.

Carter is the best girl
>>
>>336074692
>Being a Christfag in CURRENT YEAR
>Worst being a fucking weeb

I pray you pick the proper faction
>>
>>336075593
>Being a memespouter
>>
>>336074692
>What am I in for?
A dead game. Its a single player mmo for the most part but if you wantt o do dungeons you will usually be shit out of luck, especially for lower difficulties.
>>
>>336075687
>Not getting the best set of faction deck outfits

We are the New World Order for a reason
>>
>>336075872
Yeah, best outfits for activating your gag reflex
>>
>>336076051
>Dragon:90s grunge with asian flair
>Templars: DEEP SOUTH holy man look

Classic black suit is always in style
>>
>>336076331
>Names one deck outfit for each faction
Each faction has their share shitty outfits, but Illuminati has mostly shit
>>
Illuminati here, what are you losers doing this Saturday night? Shit posting on your anonymous eel mucous lexicon?

I'm snorting anima off of succubus ass in my Manhatten penthouse.
>>
>>336074692
You're in for horror done right, with fantastic fucking lore and a pretty good community. The combat isn't that good, but it could be worse. It's fun as all hell and the dungeons are great. I cannot tell you how good the story is present and how well the lore is done up.

http://thesecretworldguide.weebly.com/filth-lore.html

Here is some lore entries for the filth.
>>
>>336076698
It was more of a general talk about their whole set. Most of the faction decks look each way. Most of the Illuminati rocks some kind of black suit. Most of the Dragon looks like something from the Double Dragon movie. The Templars does the Hellsing look and fail at it
>>
>>336074692
did it go f2p yet ? How many hdd do I need to install it ?
>>
fuck off Ross and your shill friends and play a real game on a console for once
>>
>>336077058
>Somewhere, a trucker reads alien letters carved into the bathroom stall walls of a truck stop. He cannot look away. Pathogens in the grammar open an event horizon in his head. He spreads the scrawl in every stop on his route, carving it into the stalls. he itches and he scratches. Others see the letters. They itch. They scratch. He scratches his face, draws the runes in red with his box knife. His head blossoms into a bouquet of writhing lampreys.

That's edgy as fuck, but I like it.
>>
>>336077276
It's still B2P and takes up ~50GB for the base game iirc
>>
>>336077276
It's buy2play. No monthly subscription, the expansions are really good and worth the money. Especially the one in Egypt, it's fucking Indiana Jones the expack
>>
>they added in a Pony and cowboy outfit

Spooky midwest zone soon?

or maybe they'll just do an Issue in Trans next, horses would fit in Transylvania I suppose.
>>
>>336078161
>transsexuals and mlp
Now I know why neo-/v/ likes the game so much
>>
>>336078161
A spooky undead west zone would be fucking amazing.

>>336078263
Really nigger?
>>
Secret World has some of the better quest designs around.
I don't think I saw a simple "Kill X number of Y creatures" prompt throughout the 100 hours I played.
Sure there are plenty of simple kill quests but they're at least disguised well enough that you don't really notice it.

The real quests are the investigation quests, and they range from brilliant to tedious, sometimes within the same quest.
A simple one: A doctor at a field hospital wants you to help treat some of the patients. You wander over to the table of medicines and instead of "painkiller" and "disinfectant" you see shit like "Hydropyfurex" (I can't remember the actual name), actual medical compounds.
So you've got to match the symptoms to the medicine, which requires out-of-game research (this works thematically because the characters have smartphones, so they can just google whatever).
This part of the quest is great, the symptoms get a little more vague and the medicines a bit more exotic as it goes on. You finish the last patient and you feel like you've really put some effort into it.
And then it goes downhill. You've given a note written in a fairly simple code which it just tedious to decode, then you go pixel-hunting... The brilliant start is marred by the dull ending.
>>
>>336079464
There's only a handful of quests like that, though.

Most really are just standard "go and kill x" MMO quests.
>>
File: illuminatimynigga.jpg (86 KB, 416x357) Image search: [Google]
illuminatimynigga.jpg
86 KB, 416x357
>>
>>336074692
>What am I in for?

You're in for an MMO that is actually a singleplayer game with occasionally playing with other players.

You're in for an amazing setting with fun quests and an interesting storyline.

You're also in for horrible gameplay, some quests being annoying as fuck to complete, lots of grinding, and a rather boring experience later in the game when it ends reusing themes and ideas from earlier portions of the game. Overall it's a great game, best MMO I've ever played that's been bogged down with poorly designed late game pay off, boring PVP, lack of reason to play with other players, and terrible grinding to get where you want to be.
>>
who is a templra here?
>>
>>336080821
me.
i've barely played the secret world, but you know what, i'm going to continue right now. i actually think the atmosphere and shit is great. real comfy too.
>>
just to make a note: complete edition is 19eur in bundlestars. I'd take it but my backlog is huge enough
>>
There's some option to turn the game into something more like a over the shoulder game, use that
>>
File: 1436810363814.gif (1016 KB, 322x166) Image search: [Google]
1436810363814.gif
1016 KB, 322x166
I had fun with this, honestly. But some quests just pissed me right the fuck off.

>Track down this signal
>All right, I found it. It's coming from the airport.
>Good work. Find the receiver and tap in.
>Found it.
>Good work. Translate the signal.
>Well, all right. Shouldn't be too hard.
>It's morse code
>No way to slow it down at least a little bit
>Have to learn more code to complete quest
>Use in game browser to go to a guide

Fuck that shit. I'm all for puzzles but no way. Illuminati Best.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.