[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well, /v/? which one is worth spending my money on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 9923923.png (410 KB, 471x325) Image search: [Google]
9923923.png
410 KB, 471x325
well, /v/? which one is worth spending my money on?
>>
What do you like better?

>Simple arcade shooter that you can replay until you get bored

>A fighter that looks simplistic but its actually sort of deep and you can play people online for as long as you like

Starfox has odd controls, Pokken has insane scaling. I'd say go for Pokken but its up to you.
>>
Probably pokken, but I'm not into fighters and have been enjoying Starfox.
>>
>>336065705
Neither
>>
I played and beat both- if they are the same price- go Star Fox. Pokken has more content but it's quality over quantity. If you can afford both thought they are both good games.
>>
>>336065705
if you plan on going to tournaments and taking the time to learn the game, then pokken

if not, then starfox
>>
>>336065705
Pokken if online multiplayer matters to you
>>
Neither.
>>
How is starfox by the way? are the controls really as bad as everyone says?
>>
>>336068159
No, but it does lack content and replayability in my opinion. You can tell that alternate paths were slapped in during the delay.
>>
>>336068159
You get used to them after the first couple levels. By the third level you've been in like 2 open space dogfights that help you hone your gyro skills.
>>
>>336068159
The controls don't add anything is the problem. I'll still play it, but there's a part of me that doesn't want to because the controls make it a chore and if the game was just not built like it was, it would have been a way better game. Still, it is a really good game.
>>
neither
>>
File: ax9kz8E.png (464 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ax9kz8E.png
464 KB, 500x500
Pokken
>>
>>336065705
Pokken is a much better game than SF Zero, but honestly? Neither.

They're just not replayable or engaging enough to justify the price tag.
>>
Is Star Fox Zero as good as Star Fox 64?
>>
>>336065705
neither XD :P
>>
>>336072836

Not quite, but its the closest we have ever come. Some more content and alternate paths being implemented properly would have made it the sequel we needed a long time ago.
>>
I'm so conflicted about getting Star Fox Zero. I loved and still love Star Fox 64, but in this day and age it's hard to justify paying $60 for a less than 5 hour long game.

If you do everything there is to do in that game what does your average overall playtime clock in at?
>>
>>336073269
Honestly I think the boss battles are much better in Zero. Though that may be attributed to better tech.
>>
>>336073437

For the most part sure, there are a few exceptions. But the alternate paths/levels not being actual full fledged levels sometimes really kinda sucks. The way you trigger them as well also kinda sucks (target view Wolf during Fortuna to just immediately end the level and go somewhere else to fight him NOTHING ELSE TO IT). I couldn't at least go through a level chasing him and then fought him? The hidden planets, at least those I've found so far, seem to just be bosses by themselves.

I remember Miyamoto saying this kind of game is good for DLC/Episodic content and he planned on expanding. Really hopes he goes through with it, lack of content is the only major thing wrong with this game.
>>
>>336072836
It's like Star Fox 64. In every way. Except every now and then you have to become a chicken walker and play a shitty TPS shooter. Oh and the on rails sections have jank controls because they give you splatoon controls for the fucking arwing and not just the chicken shit.
>>
>>336073437
Practically all the bosses were all range mode shit. One of them being just a boss from 64 but in all range mode.
>>
Pokken Tournament.

Buy it while the online is still active. Star Fox Zero is extremely short so you're better off waiting for it to go on sale.
>>
Pokken, GOTY and OST of the year so far both

>>336071478
>fighting game
>no replayabilty
>>
>>336075250
Even as a fighting game, Pokken gets very stale very fast.
>>
>>336068159
By the time you get used to them, you've already beaten the game.
>>
Pokken gets boring unless you have people to play with or like online trudging

Starfox if you are the type of guy that would rather read a synopsis then the whole book
>>
>>336076907
I have to disagree
>>
>>336065705
Buy Lucarios game!
>>
SF0 won't be dead in under a year
>>
Starfox gives you two bad games for the price of one.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.