[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ISOLATION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: tmp_5946-header539813439.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5946-header539813439.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
ISOLATION
>>
>>336052789
It's ISOLATED.
>>
So how's that sequel coming along?
>>
>>336053194
I guarantee no matter what, it won't satisfy anyone who played Bloodlines.
>>
Whoever thinks Paradox and Obsidian will amount to anything worthwhile is a retard.

Just my two cents. Carry on.
>>
>>336053868
Troika managed to do it and they were never hot shit back then too so why not?
>>
>>336054047
Troika was an amazing mishmash of ideas that resulted in a game that was so broken it hasn't been completely fixed more than a decade later. A unique developer and the greatest loss to western video games along with demise of Looking Glass and Westwood.

Comparing Black Isle / Obsidian to Troika is a sign of retardation. Just my two cents.
>>
>>336054246
pfft yeah okay.
>>
>>336052789
Hello LA, you're up way past your bedtime, aren't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdinDtZFE7Q
>>
>>336054246
>Comparing Black Isle / Obsidian to Troika is a sign of retardation
Wtf? Black Isle developed Fallout 1 and 2, as well as Planescape Torment, all of them considered some of the best RPGs ever made. If it was still around, I would only trust them to make a good successor to Bloodlines.

Obsidian might not be perfect, but it's the closest thing we have to old school RPG developers. The only other developer I would trust Bloodlines with would be CDPR, but that's not happening.
>>
>>336054753
>Wtf? Black Isle developed Fallout 1 and 2, as well as Planescape Torment, all of them considered some of the best RPGs ever made.

Sure, if you hate gameplay. Even in their vanilla state VtmB, Arcanum, not to mention ToEE had Mariana Trench level depth compared to surface shit Avellone and co put out.
>>
>>336054753

Obsidian of today =/= obsidian of the past anon, companies shifted. When was the last game that obsidian made that wasn't shit? New Vegas?
>>
File: IMG_20160430_220437.jpg (264 KB, 757x548) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_220437.jpg
264 KB, 757x548
>Guide to the Technocracy

>Protocols Regarding the Supernatural

>Vampires: Observe, but do not engage. Threat level minimal.

>Let's not mince words here: It's pretty damn obvious that vampires exist. Every city on the planet is choked with bloodsuckers, and most aren't as subtle as they think they are. In the largest cities, they've reproduced and spread indiscriminately —Andrew Eldritch clones and Lestat wanna-be's are as common as black T-shirts and bad fashion sense. No matter how many witnesses the "Kindred" intimidate, coerce or manipulate into silence, tracking the vampires in a city with high technology is child's play. Video surveillance - heat signatures = presence of vampires. You do the math.

ABSOLUTELY SAVAGE

Masquerade BTFO
Bloodsuckers on suicidewatch
>>
>>336054909
Yes, that's true, but is combat really what you want to focus on in a VtMB sequel? I'm pretty sure they couldn't fuck up combat more than they did in Planescape Torment if any such game was released today. The technology of modern games ensures, by itself, that combat won't be so shitty again.

In other words, I would look for developers that can do story better than combat rather than the reverse, especially nowadays, where designing decent combat isn't as difficult as it once was, but, judging from "AAA" games, designing story up to par is impossible.
>>
>>336055261
I thought PoE was a decent RPG. I'm sure that'll change once I find my nostalgia goggles though.
>>
>>336055456

it was completely soulless.
>>
I just got to downtown. Is the haunted hospital as scary as the haunted hotel?
>>
>>336055368
Combat variety was the largest focus of VtmB design, each class had unique skills and that's before firearms / melee etc get accounted for. Since it's Paradox publishing it will be DLC up the ass, costumes and Telltale style gameplay with a womyn stronk vampire clan.
>>
>>336055548
Nope.
>>
>>336055548
lolno. You might be scared in the beginning but it's not really a proper level like OH. More of a mini-area. You'll be fine.
>>
>>336055368
Play Age of Decadence, it has even more story variety than VtmB even though it's not as enticing or well written. Very good game.
>>
>>336055626
>Combat variety was the largest focus of VtmB design
Definitely not. The different disciplines served as roleplaying supplements, just like clan-specific dialogue options did. Roleplaying was the largest focus of VtmB design. Guns are useless at the beginning and OP at the end. The design of the combat system isn't up to par with the rest of the game. Don't get me wrong, I can play just fine, and it is light years better than Black Isle games gameplay, but a lot of things could be improved.

>Since it's Paradox publishing it will be DLC up the ass, costumes and Telltale style gameplay with a womyn stronk vampire clan.

I don't really know much about Paradox, but I highly doubt they will go full SJW mode with a game like Bloodlines.
>>
File: vtmbla.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vtmbla.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336052789
Deb's back, and she's got a fresh cup of coffee ready to take it into the AM. In case you don't know it, you're tuned in to The Deb of Night on KTRK. I'm your lovely hostess, feel free to fantasize about me all you want. But please, don't send any more drawings. The lines are all full, so why don't I provide some release?

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
>>
>>336056172
>mess up the link
http://debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
>>
>>336055514
If that's a joke it's fucking brilliant given the content of the game.
>>
>>336056346

Content =/= Soul
>>
>>336056064
The complete second half of the game was designed solely around using combat skills.

And you obviously do not know "Before we tell you about teaser of a teaser trailer for our newest strategy game, here's a small indoctrination course about gender pay gap on this video developer conference" Paradox.
>>
>>336056172
Goddamn that scene was comfy. I just realized that traffic has NO traffic lights though, it never stops.
>>
>>336056618
Being designed around something doesn't automatically make that thing good. Even Elder Scrolls games have better combat depth (even if only slightly), and you won't see many people praise Daggerfall or Morrowind for it.

The atmosphere, writing, RPG feel and all the other buzzwords that actually do apply to VtMB for once are pretty much the only things the game has going for it.
>>
I opened it.
>>
I want a good vampire game so much, holy shit.

Come to think of it, why did vampires complete die out of video games?
>>
>>336056902
you must not have played skyrim senpai
>>
>>336056762
No they don't. And don't twist my words, I corrected your notion about combat not being the focus. No one is claiming that VtmB had good gameplay, but it did have depth.
>>
>>336056534
I mean, ok, obviously you didn't intend it as a joke, but two of the plot points in the game were about babies being born without souls and past souls taking over your body. I meant your soulless comment was brilliant if it was intended.
>>
>>336056618
I'm the one you were originally replying to, not >>336056762

Anyway:
>The complete second half of the game was designed solely around using combat skills.
You mean they were forced to leave the last part of the game unfinished due to release date concerns imposed by Activision, right? If they wanted combat to be the focus of the game, they would have made the rest of the game like that last part as well. The last part was a last resort, not an original intentional design choice.

>And you obviously do not know "Before we tell you about teaser of a teaser trailer for our newest strategy game, here's a small indoctrination course about gender pay gap on this video developer conference" Paradox.

No, I admit I do not know. Do you have any links that proves Paradox is like that? Seems extreme desu. All I've heard about Paradox is EU4 which is fairly praised so I wasn't aware of an SJW thing going on.
>>
>>336056994
Then what was "Sure, if you hate gameplay" even supposed to mean? Am I supposed to feel bad that they wouldn't keep the Morrowind with guns system when even its defenders agree is not good?
>>
>>336058050
> (X) support newspaper
>>
>>336058156
Nice meme arrow. Shitty gameplay now means great writing?
>>
I don't know why but after all this years I can still clearly hear this song play in my head even though I've only played through the game once and barely remember anything else.
>>
>>336058483
It's the best song Chiasm made. Unfortunately, it's also the only listenable song she made.
>>
File: Screenshot (12).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (12).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
These are the comfiest threads on /v/. I don't want this thread to die. Post comfy havens.
>>
>>336058483
Best song in the game, it's not too edgy nor start too late to appreciate.

Also what clan are the shovelheads from? Toreador? Gangrel? Brujah?
>>
What is obligatory to do when finishing this? I assume trying both nosfertu and malkavian.
>>
File: 02nemesis.jpg (21 KB, 400x520) Image search: [Google]
02nemesis.jpg
21 KB, 400x520
>>336060721
>That whole fucking mission
I still have emotional scars cause of that shit.
>>
>>336062489
A Malk run is pretty fun and a low humanity one would be great.
>>
>tfw I did Ocean House with no volume
D-Dont laugh.
>>
>>336062489
Yes, and a low humanity run somewhere in there. Be sure to try Clan Quest Mod after your second playthrough.

>>336062764
One of my favourite missions desu. The whole snuff film storyline was great, but they really topped it off in the most appropriate World of Darkness way.
>>
>>336063292
I am playing it for my first.
>>
File: 1446755920613.jpg (114 KB, 2178x416) Image search: [Google]
1446755920613.jpg
114 KB, 2178x416
>>336052789
>>
>>336055286
As a VtM player, I want to refute that, but the first Antediluvian to wake up in the Final Nights was BTFO'd by the Technocracy, so... even the Cainite Gods < Technocracy.
>>
>>336063451
This fucking chart. Mages and their "theoretical power" that never actually plays out like that. It's more like:

Infants < Mages < Changelings < Regular Human with a gun < Young Vamps < Werewolves < Old Vamps < Unplayable Myth Garbage
>>
>>336055286
>>336063531
I haven't really played any tabletop WoD or VtM game... my only exposure is through VtMB and most the wiki on VtM which I have all pretty much read thanks to the fascination with WoD inspired by VtmB.

Question: How powerful is Technocracy supposed to be? I know they technically killed Ravnos, but he was engaged with 3 elder kuei jin, was he not? Also, would they even be able to destroy the Tzimisce antediluvian for example? The top powers of Vicissitude seem impossible to counter.
>>
>>336064778
There's not really a hard and fast lore answer for it. My inclination is probably not. Ravnos was the runt of the Antediluvian litter and Tzimisce was both the eldest of the eldest (Ynosh) and unlike the majority of the Antediluvians, has been active the last several millennia. So, the only thing liable to destroy something as alien and widespread as what Tzimisce already became would be something out of DtF. Full Angels, God, et cetera.
>>
>>336055286
Technocracy are elder god tier
>>
So i just finished the Elizabeth Dane mission (Boat mission)

What now? I went back to the raft but nothing is triggering. Also, i killed everyone.
>>
>>336064778
Maybe. Technocracy have bases out in space
worst comes to worst they nuke everything
>>
>>336066183
Did you complete all the objectives? Manifest, police report, and direct look at the sarcophagus? 3 objectives.

If you did, try restarting the mission with your last save... it could be some bug, but not any bug I have heard of. You're using unofficial patch right?
>>
>>336066291
>Technocracy have bases out in space
I still can't believe this is part of Vampire universe.
>>
File: rfa.jpg (27 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
rfa.jpg
27 KB, 419x249
>>336052789
When you're toooOOOOOOUched in da benis...
When you're toooOOOOOOUUUUUCHed in da benis...
>>
Did you open it /v/?
>>
>>336066460
Yeah the ways the settings interact is weird
For example, I think in the VtM universe the Technocracy isn't nearly as strong, but in the MtA universe Technocracy is basically illuminatix2
>>
>>336066460
I always found Changeling had a harder time meshing with Vampire than Mage.

Soul-swapping pixies from the magical world of Arcadia who are defeated only by the cold darkness of pragmatism but thrive in child-like imagination and wonder.

Techno-punk meshes with Gothic Horror a lot better than High Fantasy.
>>
>>336066414
Yeah i am. Where can i find the Manifest?
>>
>>336064778
> I know they technically killed Ravnos, but he was engaged with 3 elder kuei jin, was he not?
It could all have been an Illusion for all we know(Chimerstry is one hell of a discipline), besides they fucked up everything for everyone while barely scraping Ravnos.
>>
>>336068194
>besides they fucked up everything for everyone
Explain
>>
>>336068107
Okay, it's been a long time, but I think the manifest is in the cabin directly below the room with the computer, the computer that you use the password "lighthouse" on. You have to get out of that room, take the ladder down, and unlock the room exactly below.
>>
>>336053194
>>336053367
They're actually making one?
>>
>>336068378

They opened the gates of hell, destroyed what separated our reality with others and they also woke up several lovecraftians horrors. Fuck, the bombs literally started the end of the worlds in WoD.
>>
>>336068985
What a bunch of gobbers
>>
File: IMG_20160501_005209.jpg (270 KB, 386x1034) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160501_005209.jpg
270 KB, 386x1034
>>336066460
>>336067017
>>336066460
If you think about it too hard it will just turn into "why doesn't superman fly to Gotham and fix everything"-tier discussion
>>
>>336056978
How many years ago?
>>
>>336056902
Well, there is one coming out by the same people that made Remember Me, some indie one inspired by Bloodlines came out last year.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.