[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else start to feel scared when entering Valua airspace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Vyse-Aika-and-Friends[1].jpg (57 KB, 574x478) Image search: [Google]
Vyse-Aika-and-Friends[1].jpg
57 KB, 574x478
Does anyone else start to feel scared when entering Valua airspace as it starts to get dark as fuck?

Not that I'm scared of the dark but when this shit happens in games, I start expecting something to pop out.
>>
HD RERELEASE WHEN, SEGA
>>
Fucking LOVE skies of arcadia! and there are moments in the game when its feels realy scary like when you go to the rift, always felt weird when im going throu it
>>
>>336051476
Nah, man. It's just switching to night time. Just like heading to Treno if FF9.
>>
>>336051574
I want another remake with more ship customizations
>>
>>336051476
Not all of Valua, but the part with the distant thunderstorm where you have to search for Rhaknam feels really unsettling to me, especially once you start getting close to him and the Little Jack is enveloped by fog.
>>
>>336052849
But all the ship battles were easy as fuck.
>>
>>336052849
and some more sidequests would be nice
>>
>>336051476
love this fuckin game

Best jrpg ever
>>
>>336053145
I'm talking custom decor in and out, maybe some nice new weapons too
>>
The thing i always missed in this game was that you dont fight all the admirals flagships
>>
>>336053302
>custom decor

Ah, so mean like how you can change up your island. I can dig that.
>>
This game needs a higher difficulty or better scaling or something. Nothing is challenging after the Valuan executioner, apart from the optional bounty fights. Those are awesome, the main main story bosses should be more like them.
>>
>>336053624
yeah harder would be better, and more difficult "world bosses"
>>
>>336053624
Are the bounty fights based on your level? Or is that just for the Piastol fights?
>>
>>336053978
Is Piastols fights based on levels?
>>
File: Exactly my tempo.jpg (40 KB, 217x240) Image search: [Google]
Exactly my tempo.jpg
40 KB, 217x240
>>336053120
And you hear the whale calls as well. Man.....
>>
>>336054086
I thought that I read somewhere that they were. I could be totally wrong, though.
>>
>>336053624
It's like they didn't expect the party to level so quickly. A real misjudgement. I always avoided fighting when I could, flying outside the cloud line andi always carried white map, but I still ended up totally over leveled and over geared for most of the game. At least there's no need to grind intentionally, but where is the challenge?
>>
>play game
>find out slut admiral's dancer disguise was censored
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>336054873
>I always avoided fighting when I could
I made the mistake of running from every battle to get through the game faster, doing that could actually prevent you from 100% the game as you can get stuck with the Vyse the Coward title which prevents you from fighting certain bosses and getting the blacksmith crew member who forges the strongest weapon.
>>
>>336055364
1 rule of the game, NO RUN
>>
>>336055364
>to get through the game faster

Do you even Lambda Burst/Omega Psyclone? That shit pretty much wins any random encounter as Aika almost always goes first.
>>
File: 23-Belle2[1].gif (331 KB, 224x342) Image search: [Google]
23-Belle2[1].gif
331 KB, 224x342
>>336055592
Learned that the hard way. By the time I got to the end of the game, I had already ran from over 200 battles. In order to make up the difference to be cleared from that title, I would have to participate in thousands of battles so I just started all over.
>>
>>336055932
EXACTLY happend to me, but lesson learned.
>>
>>336055932
My ten-year old penis felt strange emotions whenever Belle was on-screen.
>>
>>336057098
its the boobs
>>
>>336057219
Well yeah, that's what I was immediately drawn to considering I didn't have the concept of "polishing the bullet" yet. But the amount of innocent fanservice they snuck in with her is pretty neat in hindsight.
>>
>>336051476

I really need to play this game one of these days, I keep hearing that it's good, though I don't know much except that it's a JRPG. Which version should I play, Dreamcast or GC? I've heard the GC version suffers from some censorship (not sure how much). Does anyone know if it was reverted in the Japanese GC version or not? I ask since I'll play it in Nip whichever version I play.
>>
>>33605798you gotta go with gamecube version, much more content, like wanted list bosses
>>
>>336057981
Both versions of the game suffered from the same censorship, you might as well just go for the gamecube version since it has more content.
>>
>>336057981
The censorship (a rather minor edit on a costume a villain shortly wears and the removal of a few cigars and explicit alcohol references) originated in the Western DC localization and was brought into the Japanese GC version (and the Western localization of that of course), so your only option to play without it would be the Japanese DC version, but it's really freaking inconsequential so you shouldn't bother going to such an extreme. Gamecube version has more content and some rebalancing so it's the preferred version.
>>
>>336058264

>originated in the Western DC localization and was brought into the Japanese GC version

That's what I figured. Sounds pretty small, and I survived DQ VIII 3DS without seeing as much of Jessica's skin as the PS2 version shows, so I'm sure I'll do fine with the GC version.
>>
>>336058258
Also as for what's been censored

Rum changed to Loqua
Bellena's dancer outfit slightly altered to be less revealing
Vigoro's dialogue that hints at rape and about to attempt to do to Aika
Vigoro's shirt for the same reason as above
Ramirez cutting his hand with his sword and dripping blood
Smoking removed
One of your female crew members had her lip size reduced for some reason
>>
>that split party dungeon
>that town you upgrade
>that hunting the whale
>that finding out it was a giga
>that hydra cannon
>that goddamn ramirez
>>
>>336058787

>Vigoro's dialogue that hints at rape and about to attempt to do to Aika

Not so worried about dialogue changes, I doubt those will have been changed in the Japanese version. But yeah, that sounds like some pretty small stuff.
>>
>>336053145
They felt so good though.
>>
>>336058787
Vigoro was censored to tone down the rape implications? I'd hate to see what it was like before, because that shit was still pretty rapey.
>>
>>336060537
Well, it's not like they censored the animations, so he still clings to Aika's leg while she clutches the window bars. As far as I remember, aside from Vigoro being shirtless (though Aika still talks about his body hair problem in the English localization), he doesn't tell Aika to 'give him a chance' and Aika straight-up screams at him to stop at the end instead of saying "Yuck! You're disgusting!"
>>
>>336054686
I think you're right, I really only remember the bounties leveling up with you.
>>
It's a shame sega hates the west as much as hitler hates the jews otherwise we might've had a shot at getting this again.
>>
>>336051476
go for it anon! adventure awaits!
>>
>>336053978
they lvl with you.
>>
Choose 1 /v/, SoA gets an HD remake or Vyse joins the roster of a Sega brawler.
>>
>>336051476
I just want another game in the same setting and a fuckable Aika
>>
One day we'll get the prequel about Daccat.
>>
File: when_the_wah_is_just_perfect.gif (43 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
when_the_wah_is_just_perfect.gif
43 KB, 560x582
>>336055932
first vidya fap
>>
File: 1428437864570.jpg (71 KB, 598x522) Image search: [Google]
1428437864570.jpg
71 KB, 598x522
>>336053145
Well, the last fight wasn't that easy. Maybe I just was retarded but I needed more than 5 tries. Found it pretty hard.
Also fuck ship fights, they took so fucking long.

>Skies of arcadia thread
>mfw
I like you OP.
>>
>>336062660
>sega brawler
What a stupid question is that. Nobody on this planet would want a 'sega brawler' oder a HD remake of SoA.
>>
>>336063687
A Sega fighting game would be pretty cool. But yeah only getting Vyse a roster slot on one is pretty shit balance for a wish when the other thing is a full HD remake.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.