[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Serious Sam worth playing today? It's been a while since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Is Serious Sam worth playing today? It's been a while since I've played an FPS, and I always hear great things about the Serious Sam series. Is it just nostalgia, or do they hold up?
>>
>>336049728
Just fucking play it already.
>>
>>336049728
Yes. Play it.
>>
>>336049728
I think it's overrated. The guns actually feel pretty weak.
>>
>>336049728
Yes it's great, so good even my little niece loves it
>>
>>336049728
I was never a big fan of the series. The plethora of secrets are interesting, and locations. Other than that its just wave after wave of enemies. Playing coop makes it bearable.

I am however a huge fan of The Talos Principle. Great game for any faggots into philisophy or puzzles in general.
>>
>>336049728
incredibly boring and repetitive
>>
No, the game somehow magically got worse since it came out. Or we were all retarded back then and mistakenly believed it was good when it came out even though it was actually shit.

Or you y'know, maybe was a good game and literally nothing has changed.

I'm sure at least one of those scenarios is true you gigantic fucking faggot.
>>
>>336049728
They're pretty standard fast paced shooters against a horde of monsters in some closed off arena. You'll either find them great or be bored stiff by halfway through. The first one is the best overall but the best section is the last few levels of 3.
>>
>>336049728
Mp is extremely bad

Sp is just waves of enemies
>>
File: 1450241312907.png (313 KB, 466x410) Image search: [Google]
1450241312907.png
313 KB, 466x410
>>336052286
>Things that are considered amazing in one time period will be amazing in every time period after forever

Cause you love silent moves, right?
>>
>>336052314
I second this.
It's a bit of mindless fun. If you are used to first person games it's really easy to pick up making it a great game to play when bored.
>>
>>336049728
Sure, but just play the HD remake.
I´m not the biggest SS fan to be honest, but it has it´s moments and is well worth playing (even better with friends). Play in short burst.
Second Encounter has a few new cool features and guns, but the enemy placement is even more sadistic and frustrating than in First Encounter.
I´d rather play Doom for the 9Millionth time to be honest.
>>
File: 1456501851632.jpg (14 KB, 298x312) Image search: [Google]
1456501851632.jpg
14 KB, 298x312
>>336049728
Every day is worth playing serious sam
>>
>>336052006
just like my dick
>>
File: You can hear it.webm (2 MB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
You can hear it.webm
2 MB, 840x525
>>
Just enemies with no really good level design. Pretty terrible series for easily impressed plebs.
>>
>>336053450
actually yes
>>
First and Second Encounter hold up great, Second Encounter is a good bit worse than First Encounter but they're both good games. If you're thinking of buying them get Revolutions, has some nice stuff like UI improvements.
>>
>>336054014
>level design
le level design meme
what do you even mean by that? BFE is not a plethora of empty as fuck arenas with waves of enemies coming from every direction, there are covers and shit.
>>
BFE is good not as good as the encounters, but it's literally the best modern old school-ish fps we got.
>>
RATE BEFORE BOSS LEVELS

SS3 > SS: TSE > SS: TFE
>>
>>336054915
> before boss levels

what?
>>
>>336055597
leves before final bosses consist in HUEG waves of enemies
>>
>>336056126
TFE>TSE>BFE

First Encounter has zero gimmicky bullshit, Second Encounter's is really long and the jump pad section is dumb, BFE it feels like you are never making progress.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 320x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 320x285
The First Encounter feels like one of those rare instances where everything is right on the first time. Every enemy in both visual and gameplay design feels so perfectly well-rounded and complimentary to each other that all later additions in the series feel unnecessary and superfluous.
>>
>>336049728
i'm playing duke nukem 3d now. Serious Sam isn't even "old", nigga.
>>
>>336049728
I heard Painkiller was better
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.