[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As someone who never had a GameCube as a kid, I've heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: GameCubePage01.jpg (101 KB, 400x344) Image search: [Google]
GameCubePage01.jpg
101 KB, 400x344
As someone who never had a GameCube as a kid, I've heard a lot of hype for that console online. I have decided to download the Dolphin emulator.

What GameCube games should I emulate that could be enjoyed even today without nostalgia?
>>
F-Zero GX
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Pikmin 1 & 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Viewtiful Joe (also on ps2)
Kirby Air Ride
Paper Mario: TTYD
Metroid Prime
>>
>>336048432
>F-Zero GX

Still plays fucking great today, really nothing else like it.
>>
Wind Waker
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Mario Sunshine
>>
>>336048563
Agreed, I still dust off my gc every once and a while just for it.
>>
Nintendo Puzzle Collection
>>
Chibi Robo.
>>
File: rogueleaderhd.jpg (442 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
rogueleaderhd.jpg
442 KB, 960x540
>>336048167
Remember to search the Dolphin wiki for the best way to configure the emulator for each game, and the Dolphin forums for HD texture packs and AR codes that for example, change 30 FPS games into 60 FPS games.
>>
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD
Pikmin 1 and 2
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (This one is the most important)
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Party 6 (With friends)
Cubivore
>>
>>336048167
Super Monkey Ball 1 + 2
Luigi's Mansion
Star Wars Rogue Leader
>>
>>336048167
Eternal Darkness
>>
sunshine
luigi mansion
monkey ball 2
windwaker
Metroid Primes
>>
>>336048167
Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube
>>
The metroid prime games still hold up.

Melee is fun if you don't mind the learning curve and community.
>>
>>336048167
It's a shame it sold like shit. It released a lot of good games, including third-party support. At the time, I blame the Wind Waker because people made fun of it's "kiddy toon-shaded" look to it.
>>
Metroid Prime
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
>>
do you guys think I should emulate wind waker or get a Wii U remaster? (money is not an issue)
>>
ROGUE SQUADRON
EVERY OTHER ANSWER IS WRONG
>>
>>336048167
As someone who owned a Gamecube during that gen, it's really not that good. It's actually pretty horrible compared to the PS2.

It's just a Melee player.
>>
>>336052318
I prefer the remaster. It makes one part of the game that a lot of people complained about less painful.
>>
>>336050624
>spoiler

Neat choice, anon.
>>
I need to make some room for new stuff in my house and I have this box with two sets of "Donkey Konga" bongos that are taking a shitload of space. I know I'll never play this game again but they look so nice.

Should I dispose of them? I know I have to logically but it's too hard. Help
>>
>>336052462
Thanks for the reply! Does the same thing apply to Twilight Princess?
>>
>>336052318
remaster is the definitive version for both remastered zeldas IMO
>>
>>336052318
The Wii U version is slightly better. If you hate slower parts in games then I would definitely get it.
>>
>>336048167
Baten Kaitos Origins
REmake
>>
File: ac.png (744 KB, 885x663) Image search: [Google]
ac.png
744 KB, 885x663
animal crossing

you should play animal crossing
>>
>>336052403
Soz M8, you're wrong. It has the best versions of resident evil 4 and spiderman 2, not to mention all the exclusives.
>>
File: 20160421_144350.jpg (160 KB, 816x1088) Image search: [Google]
20160421_144350.jpg
160 KB, 816x1088
>>336052864
Came here to post this.

>tfw you will never play animal crossing for the first time again.

So many childhood hours...
>>
I'll hook you up, nigga.
Animal Crossing - It does not get more comfy than this.
Paper Mario TTYD - Pure fun. It's very easy and there's a bit of backtracking, but you'll enjoy it.
Super Mario Sunshine - One of the best 3D platformers to date. FLUDD really takes away from the game, but otherwise it's fantastic. The controls are nearly perfect.
Pikmin 1/2 - If you want exploration, go for 1. 2 is more focused around combat. It's pretty interesting, give it a shot.
Kirby Air Ride - If you can't set up netplay, don't bother. The real fun is playing with your friends(or /v/) and fucking around in City Trial. There are two other modes(Air Ride and Top Ride), but they're nowhere near as good as City Trial. It's very easy to pick up and play.
Wario Ware - Another netplay game. This shit gets intense, especially Survival Fever. Wobbly Bobbly gets second place, and the other games aren't really worth playing.
Super Monkey Ball 1/2 - Simple, yet challenging. Not everyone's kind of game, but it's worth checking out on the off chance that you really get into it.
F-Zero GX - JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WAY TOO FAST
Super Smash Bros. Melee - It's Melee. Not too much I can say about it. It's the best game ever, man. Learn the ATs if you feel like going full tryhard, but even without wavedashing and l-canceling it's very fun.

If you're interested in Mario Party, the only worthwhile one on GCN is 6. Play with friends, obviousy.
Really, you're better off playing 2 or 3.
>>
Killer7
>>
>>336055961
>not liking any of the GCN Mario Party

Man, I enjoyed all of them.
>>
>>336056303
I have big issues with each one:
4 - Shitty boards.
5 - Can't buy items, making coins useless, making minigames useless.
6 - Just feels boring overall. I don't like the day/night gimmick.
7 - Subpar boards, and exclusive items are a terrible concept.

The minigames were pretty good in all of them, at least.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.