[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most powerful party composition in Baldur's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Edwin_BG2.jpg (19 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
Edwin_BG2.jpg
19 KB, 210x330
What's the most powerful party composition in Baldur's Gate 2? I want to give the Tactics mod a go and I don't want to get my ass kicked. Last time I attempted that improved Illych absolutely shit on me but I'll try to be more persistent this time.
>>
>>336040320
the most powerful composition is to just go solo so you get full XP and pick some cheese class combo like Kensai/Mage
>>
>>336040676
I suppose you're right, especially with XP cap removed but I'd rather try it with full party for variety and whatnot.
>>
>>336041057
try [Player]/Viconia/Anomen/Edwin/Aerie/Jan

When you get to the expansion, feel free to substitute any of the above with Sarevok if you feel like you need another fighter more than you need a caster
>>
>>336040320
MC - Fighter/Mage multi
Korgan
Keldorn
Edwin
Anomen
Imoen

This is as strong as a BG2 party gets.
>>
>>336041401
Does Aerie get along with Viconia, though? I think they're all 'its either me or her' at some point. I guess I could cheat through it for powergaming purposes...
>>
>>336041401
>Anomen
Why? He's subpar in everything that he does.
>>
>>336041740
there's a cheap and troll way around just about all of the potential party conflicts in the game
>>
>>336041827
anomen is crazy good due to his class. stats are not an issue because of the draw upon the holy might spell. dual class characters are imba as fuck in bg in general.
>>
>>336041827
>subpar
fuck you talkin about nigga. he's like a paladin, but objectively better in almost every way. having the full cleric spell list more than makes up for not being able to use that one overpowered paladin-only sword everybody always memes about
>>
>>336040320
>MC
>Saerileth
>Imoen with romance mod
>Cernd
>Nalia
>Yoshimo
>>
>>336042124
>>336042329

Aerie is better due to having mage spells as well. You won't need a cleric for melee fighting.
>>
File: why not both.gif (485 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
why not both.gif
485 KB, 340x255
>>336042574
in a good aligned party they both fit pretty well. anomen is a melee killing machine and a tank with self buffs, aerie abuses the synergy of cleric and mage spells.
>>
>>336042906
>the synergy of cleric and mage spells
Such as?
>>
>>336044206
timestop -> harm
chain contingency -> on sight -> tripple implosion
improved alacrity -> holy smite spam
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.