[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck even is game feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 388x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 388x388
What the fuck even is game feel?
>>
feels for gamers like us
>>
Gamefeel is [something I dont like] so he is stupid
>>
>>336036010
Just how a game feels to play. Doesn't necessarily make a game good on its own.

For example, Richter mode in SotN has some of the most satisfying game feel ever, but it's still not a well-designed experience.
>>
File: doom ssg.png (6 KB, 615x250) Image search: [Google]
doom ssg.png
6 KB, 615x250
The abstract feeling that the player experiences when they see the animations and sounds of a game after pressing buttons. Its a stupid as hell way to put it and probably well above Arin's thinking capabilities to understand such a thing but that's my best attempt to explain it. An example everybody always gives is the Super Shotgun in Doom 2, it just feels right when its fired.
>>
>>336036010
Arin is so ugly holy shit
>>
Game feel is an actual term that only really got a bad rep once Egoraptor started using it as his de facto answer to everything.
>>
>>336036010
He invented it, ask him. Or better yet, click some ads and help me out by subscribing.
>>
>>336036010
Hand holding without holding your hand.
>>
Its when the game doesn't feel janky as shit to play.
>>
>>336036010
"I want to say that I like/dislike playing this game, but I want it to sound more objectively and less like an opinion".
>>
>>336036010
responsiveness and control
>>
The way the game feels.
>>
File: 1461207013891.jpg (195 KB, 1000x1050) Image search: [Google]
1461207013891.jpg
195 KB, 1000x1050
Replace "gamefeel" with "comfy" and reconsider whether it's an opinion worth taking into consideration.
>>
>>336036010
Arin's a pretentious retard.
>>
You know how there seem to be some facts which are nonphysical? Like you might be able to know everything about the physical science of sight but you don't know what it feels like to see red unless you actually see it. This feeling of what it is to experience something is called a conscious state. So gamefeel is the conscious state brought about by a game. There might be concrete design elements that lead to this, but it's generally a nonphysical trait that's almost like atmosphere but from an interactivity point of view. At least that's my take on it.
>>
>>336038253
Comfy is a thing though, usually low-difficulty scenarios with good atmosphere and makes the player immersed.
>>
that thing that allows players to enjoy the content seamlessly, by his definition, I think.
>>
Even after reading the whole thread I still have no clue what the fuck game feel is supposed to mean.
>>
File: image.png (6 KB, 160x224) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 160x224
Can I just go on a tangent here and say how much I hate this faggot? I mean I know it's an unspoken fact but shit, he's just horrible, along with the easily impressed jew and his alien wife. I hear one of them, the jew is coming to a convention near by and feel like doing something about it.

I mean seriously, I remember day one of this series being just fine, nothing I would bring up. But now it's shitty.
>>
>>336038979
But it has no practical utility to use this is any critical or analytical sense to use such an abstraction.

The entire point of analysis is to break down such abstraction into the concrete elements that form them.
>>
>>336036010
>What the fuck even is game feel?
A made up term used by faggots that have sold out.
>>
>>336039902
You're right it is a thing that is difficult, maybe impossible to break into concrete parts, but it's difficult to ignore in analysis if it's very important to a game
>>
>>336036010
It's the feel of a game
>>
>>336040592
It can't be important to the analysis of a game, if it can't be explained or interpreted coherently and concretely.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.