[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you enjoy games with exploitable game mechanics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Do you enjoy games with exploitable game mechanics?
>>
>playing the game as intended
>reap rewards
>lol exploits xD
idiot
>>
>>336034330
Yes if they aren't too obvious. Breaking a game can be really fun.
>>
>>336034330
Nah only cucks enjoy that
>>
they're okay
>>
>>336034330
Only if there isn't a following for the exploits.
>>
the best part about exploitable game mechanics is seeing the tantrums people throw when it's finally fixed
>>
I hope you arent implying farming ancient berries is a fucking exploit
It depends though, if it further progress the game/meta like what happened to Melee sure. If it just encourages degenerate, repeatetive, basic gameplay then of course not.
>>
ancient fruit and kegs follow a natural progression of gameplay and exist at the end of it
you don't start the game and jump right to ancient fruit wine, it's pretty well balanced

you have to be an idiot to think this is an exploit
>>
>>336035289
The kegs + ancient fruit + greenhouse combo is so overpowered that is borders on cheating. That's most definitely an exploitable game mechanic.
>>
>>336035730
Doesn't that take forever to get going?
>>
>>336035957
Not if you build an oak farm.
>>
>>336034330

It doesn't factor on my overall enjoyment normally.

If your game requires me to exploit game mechanics to make it enjoyable to me, you made a shitty game from my point of view.
>>
>>336035730
You're not exploiting anything though, you're just mass-producing the best selling item.
You pretty much run out of shit to buy after year 2 though so not a big deal
>>
thanks doc
>>
>>336038576
Hence why CA is adding money sinks in 1.1

I've been saving up for Statue of Endless Fortune lately.
>>
>>336034330
initially yes, but it always takes out all the fun and challenge from any game i've ever played to the point i stopped playing them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.