[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This thread is about ethics and G2A. All fanboys, kids, and worthless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: G2ALogo2016.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
G2ALogo2016.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
This thread is about ethics and G2A. All fanboys, kids, and worthless faggots should leave. Only real men may delve into an important topic like this.

If you don't know what G2A is: it is a gamecode reseller that works in the so called grey market. This isn't the white- or black market, but in between. What they do is sell cd keys through shifty means, like buying from 3rd world cunts and sell them to you, or via stolen credit cards.

So my question is, is it per definition unethical for some1 to buy from G2A knowing they work like this?

Secondly, there are a lot of streamers sponsored by this company. Is it unethical for them to accept this deal with the devil? I mean, a nigga gotta eat man...

What's your take on this?
>>
>>336030563
I don't give a fuck nigger, I buy my keys and play.
>>
come on /v/...
>>
>>336030563
>What's your take on this?
Never pay more than 20 buck for your games.
>>
>>336030563
I use G2A for AAA games, 5 bucks for the newest CoD campaign and an hour of MP is always a worthwhile venture
>>
grey market lmao. it's just a key reseller
>>
>>336030563
>unethical
dont care
>something about streamers
really dont care

have a sage for your trouble though
>>
>>336030563
I don't mind G2A as long as I buy from G2A and not from a guy selling his personal key, since that is also an option.

Even "legit" resellers like GMG had key recalls due to problems, so you're not safe either way. But I like to buy new AAA games on it, just to safe money, I don't really care about the grey area
>>
>>336032201
>>336032216
>>336032532
>>336032723

Why not just pirate the games at that point? The devs most likely won't get any of the money you pay G2A anyways. Cut the middleman altogether and pirate the damn games if it's a singleplayer game
>>
>>336033424
Im to lazy to pirate
>>
>>336033424
How do you know? Yes some keys were bought by stolen credit cards but you can probe every key was obtained that way.

Grey market still gives more money to devs than piracy.
>>
Total biscuit please go
>>
>>336035745

Lot of the codes are swindled by telling the devs that the codes will be used to review games, and then sold.

And how do you know the G2A guys are giving the devs a cut? We have several devs on records saying that steam, GoG, Humble give them their shares, but G2A "reselling" cant be reliably tracked.
>>
I'm an end user.

I go to G2A, I search a game, I see a list of sellers, and I buy a game from a seller with a good reputation and a lot of sales.

Do I care if the buyer used a stolen credit card? No. It simply isn't my problem. Does the concept of re-selling keys bother me? No. Somebody invested money into keys when there was either a promotion or a sale that allowed them to turn a profit. It benefits me, it benefits the seller, and it always benefits the developers.

Yes, I could waste time doing research and looking back into every single companies history before I choose to do business with them, but that would be a waste of time and resources.

G2A isn't hiding their presence, they aren't some drug addict sitting in a back alley waiting for people to pass. They're a business providing a service.
>>
>>336030563
>What they do is sell cd keys through shifty means, like buying from 3rd world cunts and sell them to you

Same exact product that is $60 in the US, $100 in Aussi-kangaro-land and $10 in China. Literally couldn't give 2 shits about them getting real keys on the cheap and reselling them to whomever. Zero wrong ethically with bargain hunting and they do that for you.

>>336030563
or via stolen credit cards.
That is the only issue I have with some of these grey market places and they don't all do that shit.
>>
>>336037052
Ok, so far you have said 3 ways that sellers get they keys:

1) Buying them in a country where these are cheaper.
2) Using stolen credit cards.
3) Scamming publishers about reviewing their games.

What is the most used method? I am pretty sure 3) is the less used. But anyways, I will tell you another option and the one I think is the most used:

4) Bought at full price by European drug cartels to laundry money.

Of these 4, 1) and 4) actually gives money to the developers. They get money when the key is bought, not when G2A makes a trade.

At the end, gray market > piracy.
>>
>>336030563
Ive gotten charged 1 dollar every month now from G2A for a while now...

WHY???
>>
>>336037767
You forgot to deactivate G2A Shield.
>>
>hurr hurr so immoral buying grey market keys
>goes on to defend and buy second hand console game copies
>>
>>336037969
Holy shit they went through alot of shit to STOP you from disabling it
>type in your email
>Type in you last 4 credit card digits
>discount diss
>DISCOUNT 4 MORE TIMES
>Tought we were friends?
>Wait 20min for email

FUCKING HELL
>>
>>336030563
Bought 7 games from them, all atleast half price from Steam. Never gotten into shit or had them taken away.
>>
Couldn't care less, I get my games from a more reliable source for about the same price.
>>
>>336033424
you cant play online by pirating in most cases.
>>
File: SPYING HAS ITS PRICE.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
SPYING HAS ITS PRICE.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>336039608
I HAD TO GO TO LIVE CHAT SUPPORT

THE MOMENT I QUED
>#17
I get the deactivate email

I fucking smell a hoax by this shitty site.

Guess its cause TOMORROW is the day they renew the monthly shit
>>336037969
You just saved me 2 euro
Thx
>>
are they operated by the chinese in HK or some white dudes living over there?
>>
>>336030563

IMO that's as simple as stealing
>>
>>336030563

Ask a G2A employee anything.

Won't reveal personal info!
>>
>>336042692
Can you see the credit card details like the Sony employee?
>>
>>336042940

I can't see anything like that.
That's because I'm not support or finance.

My best guess is that they can see last 4 digits only. Don't see any point in us having access to things like that.
>>
>>336042692

What's the most used method that sellers get their keys?
For reference >>336037672
>>
>>336042058

White as can be
>>
>>336043837

Primarily from wholesale discount from either publishers or distributors.

Minor sellers from Steam/Origin/UPlay/Battle.net sales.
They wait for sales to end and list their products for a small markup.

Sure, stolen keys, keys from stolen cards happen, but we do try to prevent blatant illegal operations
>>
>>336044173
Is it possible to detect money laundered keys?
>>
>>336030563
>What's your take on this?
>>>/r/gaming
>>
>>336044436

It's hard. We only check if the key is valid or not.

For new sellers looking for a quick cash in, we require proof of purchase.
For trusted sellers, should they sell keys bought fraudulently, there is virtually no way to know.

So yeah, new sellers are put under harder scrutiny after these allegations.
>>
>>336044753
Would you recommend G2A Shield or is just a scam to get more money?
>>
>>336030563
is this a trustworthy site to buy from?

I'm considering buying Dark souls 2 from them.
>>
>>336044753
can you share the publishers/distributors contacts?
>>
>>336044993
Would you recommend car insurance or is just a scam to get more money?

It there IN CASE something got through our filters. We are a marketplace with buttlaods of sellers, some might be shady. This is why we have the rating system and Shield so that buyers don't draw the short straw.
>>
>>336045203

Actual contact people merchants buy from?
No, we don't have access to this information.

If you're looking to start selling, you will easily get in contact with major players by simply contacting them directly. They are really nice people
>>
>>336042692
what is you take on TB's stance on g2a?
>>
>>336045550

TotalBiscuit?

He is entitled to his opinions.
He also tells a lot of truths about G2A, some uncomfortable for us.

You can't make everyone happy unfortunately
>>
I suppose they're ok if you want a multiplayer game for cheap.

For SP though? You're throwing your money away, just pirate.
>>
>>336042692
does G2A give money to developers?
>>
>>336046096

To the devs that sell directly on our marketplace, yes.

Devs already got the money they asked for when they sold the codes that get re-sold on our marketplace.

In a perfect world, y'know
>>
>>336030563
Globalisation shouldn't just profit for companies.
>>
File: 1441902570856.jpg (109 KB, 683x642) Image search: [Google]
1441902570856.jpg
109 KB, 683x642
>>336030563
The keys are mostly legit and are just people abusing currency exchange rates.

If publishers were so concerned about it, they would region lock keys more aggressively.

The people actually committing theft and fraud are easy to notice because their asking prices are inordinately cheap and should be avoided regardless of ethics because the keys and sellers are unreliable.

There's literally nothing wrong with using these sites.
>>
>>336030563
>I mean, a nigga gotta eat man...
This excuse is used to justify everything, lmao
>>
>>336045062
I'm only had one problem with a key I bought from G2A that was removed because it was purchased with a suspected stolen credit card. The game was DEFCON, which I believe was less than $2. I've purchased AAA games from G2A no problem. In fact, I'd say that its safer to purchase AAA games from G2A than other games.
>>
The price for games for the digital version is the same or more expensive than the boxed version on psn or Xbox live. This is wrong, because the retailer price and the publishing cost are cut out. G2A Has the right price for digital games.
>>
File: cb3.jpg (46 KB, 545x433) Image search: [Google]
cb3.jpg
46 KB, 545x433
>>336030563
>some1

and you have the gumption to call others fags and kids.
>>
File: 1411999016126.jpg (182 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1411999016126.jpg
182 KB, 800x600
Sup anons, I just don't know what the fuck to do with it and I'm not a big fan of RTS so here's a Steam key for Ashes of Singularity.

At least I hope that you leave it for someone that is actually interested in the game.

I guess it still works
NE3F9-W5WI0-8P2IH
>>
>>336047538
If you removed the batteries from the mobo and made sure the thing didn't have any charge left and let it dry for a few days could you do this?
>>
>>336030563
>inb4 "muh edge"
G2A is fine. Ethics and morals are products of society, not reality. I could give a single fuck where my money goes, as long as the product I receive is sound. I abide strictly by a don't ask, don't tell mentality in regards to capitalism, simply because money, the people who want it, and the people who have it don't bring emotions or "ethics" into the mix. Waiting on my DOOM key from them once it drops.
>>
>>336047471
did that really bother you so much m8?
>>
>>336046096
>>336045550
>>336043837
>>336042940

fucking retards
>>
I don't care how they got the keys, it's much much cheaper for me. 5$ for Shadow of Mordor compared to 50$ on steam. I think I know where I'll buy it from if I do
>>
>>336047823
>anything is okay when money is involved
Edgy.
>>
>>336046447
do you work from home?
what exactly do you do?
how did you get your job?
what are your qualifications?
>>
>>336047823
Ethics... It's funny how companies makes billions of profits, pay 5-7figures to higher stuff but have a problem to pay a decent wage to the low income section.
>>
File: problematic.png (141 KB, 270x431) Image search: [Google]
problematic.png
141 KB, 270x431
>>336030563
>ethics and morals of digital video game keys
>>
>>336030563
> buying from 3rd world cunts
what's wrong with that? shouldn't consumer also profit from a globalized market?
>>
>>336047961
umm le excuse me? that is not nice!
>>
>>336048098
More like egocentric, anon. I don't care how I accrue wealth, as long as only a few heads are stepped on in the long run, preferably of those exploiting others.
>>
>>336047756
IDK try it.
>>
>>336048339
That's simply why I do not care about supporting a developer, unless it's a smaller team. People will exploit situations to get gain, so I'll exploit their gain for mine and other's gain.
>>
>>336048156
>do you work from home?
I work 60% on site and 40% home

>what exactly do you do?
Marketing, partnerships and research

>how did you get your job?
TL:DR: I was on a long holiday close to their place and without a job. Thought I'd apply for shits and giggles.

>what are your qualifications?
I've finished 9-year primary school.
Other than that, personality, hard work and knowledge of gaming.
>>
>Buy Payday 2
>get scammed and receive a completely bogus key for some free DLC to some completely unrelated game
>bitch in their support chat
>send them emails
>my face when it took those niggas four months to refund me and only when I threatened to do a credit card chargeback

oh and my credit card got hacked by some guy in Russia...only after I used G2A.

epic.

I still use then, but the MOMENT they fucking jinx me again,im not playing around with them, it's going to be an instantaneous credit card chargeback.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.