[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo really needs to step it up with the Virtual Console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: wiiuvc.jpg (108 KB, 960x528) Image search: [Google]
wiiuvc.jpg
108 KB, 960x528
Nintendo really needs to step it up with the Virtual Console releases.

-transfer all of the games available on the Wii Shop onto the Wii-U eshop
-start putting Gamecube games on VC
-put the first three Generations of Pokemon (R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E) on VC

Come on, Nintendo, you have Wii games available for the eshop (thank you for Metroid Prime Trilogy), show the GC some love.
>>
>>336025756
They won't do that considering we're so close to the end of Wii U's lifespan.

The best you could possibly hope for is this happening on NX, but not many people are going to buy it.
>>
>>336025756
GC Emulation on WiiU is possible?

Know anybody?
>>
So how is the Zelda ALLTP on 3DS compared to the GBA port?

Which one is definitive?
>>
>>336027126
I'd rather not have to resort to emulating.

>>336027013
>They won't do that considering we're so close to the end of Wii U's lifespan.

Yeah, you're right, which sucks. Here's to praying that the NX isn't a disaster and they do make everything from the Wii and Wii-U's shops available for it and keep supporting the VC.

>>336027391
You mean A Link Between Worlds? They're both good.
>>
I'm fucking pissed they expect me to buy Earthbound again on my 3DS when I already have it on the Wii U
>>
>WiiU croaks
>NX starts up
>It gets VC of course
>But it's starting from scratch all over again
>No crossbuy
>Years before games like SMB3 land on it
Screencap this post
>>
>>336027776
Fuck no, I would literally strangle a puppy if that happened.

Is there a way to transfer my Wii VC library to the Wii-U so I don't have to flip between them?
>>
>>336028110
You were allowed to transfer your downloaded Wii VC games to WiiU. However their controller support was really shitty. If you played Snes games with a GC controller on the Wii, you're shit out of luck on the WiiU. Adapter or not.
Or you could pay Nintendo a small fee of a few american dollars to get the same game you already own playable on WiiU with full controller support and save states.
>>
File: IMG_20160414_114923.jpg (483 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160414_114923.jpg
483 KB, 2592x1944
>>336027126
Nope, it runs GC games natively.
With some tweaking of course.
>>
>>336028431
I use the Classic Controller for all my VC games, so no problem there. I've also got a lot of games for the Wii VC that aren't on the Wii-U's, like Super Mario RPG and Majora's Mask.

I downloaded the Wii Transfer thing and looked at it, but it's really convoluted and I'm worried about anything on my Wii-U being borked or something. I know i'll lose all of the Miis I've made on the Wii-U because the tranfer replaces them with the Wii Miis.
>>
>>336027607

No a link to the past, the snes game.
>>
>>336028678
disk loading or USB?
>>
>>336028926
USB
WiiU's drive won't read GC discs, it's a hardware limitation
>>
>>336029007
shieeet
>>
Real talk. Nintendo needs to unify the account system and make it so if you buy it on one unit you get it on everything else. I don't fucking care what they think about it, its absolutely bullshit to think its a bad idea.

Super Metroid may be worth 7.99 and then some, but im tired of buying it over and over again. Releases also need to be sped up. It's almost like they just have 1 dude doing it all.
>>
>>336029007
Don't you have to reformat USBs to use them for the Wii-U, which makes them unusable by computers unless you reformat them again?
>>
>>336029096
It's a little disappointing, but USB loading is better than nothing.

Having GC, Wii, WiiU and VC games all on a single console (with a remote screen ability) is still pretty damn convenient.

>>336029178
The WiiU does, but not the VirtualWii.
The WiiU asks to format the USB drive every time it boots up. Just don't press 'okay' by mistake.
>>
>>336029178

Probably. USB's are cheap though so who cares though.
>>
>>336029370
>>336029446
Can you still use them if you tell them not to format them? Also, aren't USBs not very stable or something for playing directly off of?
>>
>>336029789
Yes, you can use any usb drive for any purpose.

The WiiU will recognise a usb drive formatted for the VirtualWii and ask if you want to format it for the WiiU. Press No, it's that simple.
>>
>>336025756
You forgot
>Enable Gamecube controller use through the adapter they already made
It really irks me that I can no longer play Smash 64 with my GCN controller after transferring from my Wii.
>>
>>336027776
>Screencap this post
Are you so tech illiterate that you don't know how to screencap your own posts?
>>
>>336030446
oh yeah, does that adapter work with the wavebird?

I'd prefer to use that over my classic controller for GC games
>>
File: 1378354189779.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1378354189779.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>find out New 3DS has snes, most importantly Super Metroid and ALttP games on it's VC
>resist urge to go out and buy New3DS
>resist urge to buy ROMs
>>
>>336030609
Yep. I have 4 wavebirds and I've used at least 3 simultaneously form Smash U. You probably have to plug both USB connectors in if you don't already, because I think the receivers draw power.
>>
With the Wii Transfer thing, if you're using the Wii in the Wii-U, do you really need to do all the SD card swapping stuff, or is that only if you have a separate Wii? Is there a way to just move your VC games from the built-in Wii to the Wii-U's menu?
>>
Yes, I go through the Wii U's VC library and its so lackluster.. they dont even have Majora's Mask while the Wii eShop does.

I'd love to play some of the older Pokemon games too. I have no idea how they only have RBY only. They should have everything up to gen 4 for sale by now.
>>
>>336029172

I've actually been called entitled for thinking that VC games should be cross-compatible, instead of having to play twice just to play on different systems with the same account.

I mean, these are old as fuck games. The only reason it's not done is because Nintendo are a bunch of jews.
They should be grateful I'm at least giving them money for these old games instead of just pirating them.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.