[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: large.jpg (95 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
95 KB, 500x600
What went wrong?
>>
>>336025041
The setting wasn't terrible. I just don't think his powers were very fun.
>>
>>336025041
>garbage side content
>hardly content to begin with
>best power comes at the end-game
>pop in til no end

Besides that, I quite liked Delsin and his brother.
>>
>>336025137
I thought his powers were more interesting than Cole's, the game was just too short
>>
Seattle was boring as shit, they should have done Not-Seattle and made it actually interesting
Melee stuff garbage
No side content worth a damn
>>
>>336025041
Donte
>>
>>336025041
Game was too short. That was basically it. There is nothing else I didn't enjoy about this game besides the pretty mediocre sound track.
>>
no car throwing
>>
Actually gameplay (mechanics) were amazing, but the game had almost no content in it and the story was unsatisfying. Should have been connected to the original games.
>>
>>336025041
Launch window crunch, apart from being too short it was still a good game that's worth a replay every now and then. The relationship between Delsin and his brother is really genuine, much like the relationship between Cole and Zeke.
Unfortunately it doesn't live up to I2.
>>
>>336025041
they made sequels after 2.
>>
>>336026141
This, I had a lot of fun with the game, enough to get the platinum trophy for it but it only took night, so short. The gameplay was actually really fun, but the story was so vacant which kinda had me at a loss, I wish it connected more to the older games to keep me intrigued but they wanted it to be a delayed launch title so they didn't really want to tie it to the originals too much, make it easier for new fans to get into. That's why they didn't just call it inFamous 3.
>>
Too short really. You get introduced to a character, do 1 mission then you move on to the next. I really wanted them more fleshed out (which they did with the First Light DLC, which was great).
>>
File: Ocelot.jpg (45 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot.jpg
45 KB, 600x338
>>336025041
Afghanistan is a big place.
>>
>>336026876
Yeah that weird (but surprisingly really fun) vampire dlc. It was so out of touch and really cringey but the overall game and mechanics were really cool. The humour was good too, 'zeke I dropped my amp in a pool could you fish it out for me?' shit like that really gets me.
>>
>>336027192
Sucker Punch is really good with humorous dialog and character rapport, I really wonder what they're working on.
>>
>>336025041
it became a third person shooter
>rapid firing smoke from behind cover
jesus christ
>>
File: 1813523-colelives.jpg (71 KB, 590x948) Image search: [Google]
1813523-colelives.jpg
71 KB, 590x948
:^)
>>
>>336025041
It was a nice change
But I do hope we go back to lightning powers again one day
>>
>>336025041
Seattle was boring to be in.
Empire City and New Murrais felt like an actual playground.

Nothing terrible about Delsin's character, even though his evil path takes his character arch fucking nowhere.

Powers were hardly unique, and smoke (the best power) was gimped by not having a decent mobility move, which sort of feeds into how Seattle is just a city, that all the other powers are plain better for getting around.

Which is another thing, moving around is fucking boring. Wanna see run up that wall? Wanna see me do it again? Rinse, repeat.

The game is solid. The Gabe is worth what you'll find it for, now. It's just a step down from the last two games.
>>
I liked it, but it's kinda short.
For the most part I liked most of the characters, for what they were supposed to represent.
I'm Native American, so it was kinda cool to play as one and starting off in the Tribe before you go into the city.
Neon powers were cool, Smoke only had one good move, Video was pretty boring, and Stone you only get post game.
I wish there was more content, and more stuff to do, but it's okay.
I liked First Light as well, but I wasn't gonna bother and do all the challenge missions.
>>
Rushed launch title.

Fuck Infamous 2 was so good...
>>
Evil route doesn't make sense at all. He just decides to become an edgelord.
>Sacrifice the Tribe
>Me: "Ooh, this gonna be delicious!"
>Troy Baker: "Piss... Off..."
>Me: "..."
>>
>>336029248
>decides

He felt for his fellow conduits, and didn't like them being treated like terrorists.
He sides with them, and none of the humans see him or the others as more than threats.
Overall his emotions for the conduits were stronger than the humans, so he took out anyone who stood in the way of the conduits.
Christ, get it together, /v/.
Shit.
>>
>>336025041
Nothing, really.
A solid 7/10, just like others.
Not great, not terrible, but kind of fun for a little while.
>>
>Paper Power
>>
>>336025041
>30 frames with unlocked framerate on parts where the game would reach 60
>Delsin is smug as fuck
>Story was pretty boring
>Powers were original but all of them except smoke looked terrible when used by an infamous Delsin
>Toned down violence as usual
>>
>>336025041
I almost shot myself after playing 20 minutes of that game, it was so boring, I'd rather watch paint dry
>>
>>336025041
is no one going to talk about how the fact that this game exists attempts to recon both of infamous 2s endings? cole either kills all the conduits AND himself or he awakens all the conduits and kills the humans via radiation poisoning.
>>
Because they didn't choose to base the game over the canon bad ending.
>>
Devs can't into open world.
>>
Infamous was always just a mediocre exclusive. My main problem with the first 2 games were that enemies felt like bullet sponges. Here is this dude shooting lightning bolts at people. should be stronger than a tazer and they dont go down.
>>
>Is titled Second Son
>Has nothing to do with the First Sons
>>
The structure of the story just seemed boring to me. I bought it and it seemed fun for the first few hours, but after that the missions seemed boring and repetitive, I eventually dropped it and haven't played it since
>>
>>336034316
>Reggie is the older son
>Delsin is the younger, second son
>>
I really enjoyed the game. The only likeable character was his brother do, everyone else was either a massive cunt or a faggot.
>>
>>336034907
I liked Reggie, but I also liked Fetch too.
>>
>>336033858
But the open world was the best part. The quests and story were shit.
>>
It was a little short, that's literally it.
Otherwise it was great.

Is First Light or whatever the DLC is called worth buying?
>>
File: 1380893108366.jpg (54 KB, 624x448) Image search: [Google]
1380893108366.jpg
54 KB, 624x448
>Let's make a Native American character our protagonist
>Except we're going to do nothing with that in our story except add a cliche 'save your tribe from the government' story
It could've been a lot better if it wasn't a launch title
>>
I actually quite liked Delson's character arc in the "good" version of the story.

The "bad" version however was fucking terrible and I was glad when it was over.
>>
>>336025041

Generic powers. All of them acted pretty much the same way and the good/bad variations of said powers were minimal.

Got boring really fast.
>>
>>336035447
I'm glad they didn't have any needless Native American shit actually.

It's part of the setting, that's it.
Just because a dude is from a reservation it doesn't mean he goes on fucking spirit journeys with his guardian animal.
Also it makes a lot more sense for a rebellious graffiti artist who'd rather be tagging a billboard than be at a function at the longhouse to not give a shit about that kind of thing.
>>
>>336026841
I really loved Delsin and Reggie's relationship and his death really pushed Delsin down his path to good or evil in a pretty believable way.
If this game just had a few more hours of content I could honestly say this would be a 9-10/10 game. As it is it is still a pretty awesome game it just lacks staying power.
>>
>>336025041
That pre-order bonus content about Cole never because available to everyone
>>
>>336035434
It follows Fetch's story in more depth. Its a pretty good stand alone title.
>>
>>336037334
>says he is proud of you
>have been killing innocents this whole time
Even the first game got that right.
>>
>>336025041
It just felt bare bones.

Nothing all that interesting to do but progress the main story which was also underwhelming and short.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.