[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made the same thread yesterday with no luck so I thought I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: darksiders-2-walkthrough.jpg (56 KB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
darksiders-2-walkthrough.jpg
56 KB, 640x325
I made the same thread yesterday with no luck so I thought I might try one more time.

I'm thinking of getting Darksiders 2 from the Humble Bundle. How is it, especially considering that I've never played Darksiders 1? I hear it's very much like Zelda which I'm not really big into but I'll certainly play it if it's a really good Zelda-like.

Keep in mind that this is Darksiders 2 for the Wii U. If there's something about this version that makes it shit, like poor framerate or exclusive glitches, let me know.
>>
Why not just get it for 3 euros at the dollar store for pc?
>>
It's a good action game, loot system kind of brings it down imo (but it always does for me so that might just be personal). Both Darksiders have some of the best boss fights to come out of the west in recent memory. I think any price you can get it on Humble would be worth the price.

I've unfortunately never heard anything about the Wii U version so I can't tell you if it's a good port or whatever, sorry mate.
>>
>>336022191
Framerate is kinda bad. I heard the Deathinitive edition on PC got all patched up and runs fine now.

In regards to the story, it takes place kinda simultaneously and a bit after the first, but all they really talk about from the first is how War got fucked and you gotta save him.
>>
>>336022191
Works great on the Wii u, great game but as it ends the signs of a rushed product shows and there are a few questionable set pieces that really didn't fit the game.

Still loved it, but the final boss was excruciatingly disappointing.
>>
>>336022801

>Both Darksiders have some of the best boss fights to come out of the west in recent memory

I liked both games as much as the next guy, but the boss fights were crap.
>>
>>336022191
Legend of Zelda May Cry

It's got a world design roughly comparable to Zelda (ride horse around overworld, find dungeon, enter dungeon, open chests and solve puzzles, kill boss, repeat) but the actual core mechanics make it a competend action game (perhaps not on par with DMC but definitely closer to it than, say, God of War)
>>
>>336023116
I thought Samael and the Destroyer were alright, maybe I have shit taste.

I do consider even having one good boss fight better than most western games are capable of.
>>
>>336022191
It has much better gameplay than DS1 but a much worse story.
Definitive edition is worth playing, fun combat and puzzles.
Also Kazuhira Miller's voice actor is in it.
>>
>>336023287
Yeah Samael and Archon were good fights. The music in Darksiders 2 is also great.
>>
I like Darksiders 1 better, so if you have a chance to play it - give it a shot, too.

Darksiders 2 is fine. I played it on Wii U and XBox 360 and I had some framerate drops on both, but nothing too bad. Besides that, it's a good version on the Wii U. You can change your Items on the Gamepad, it's pretty good.

The game itself isn't perfect, but if you like action adventures, it's a fun experience. The first game has more fighting and shooting while the second one has some prince of persia-like sequences.
>>
Sounds pretty cool. Thanks for all of the replies, everyone. I'll need to decide between getting it super cheap now or going for the Deathinitive Edition instead.

>>336023216
>not on par with DMC but definitely closer to it than, say, God of War
I like the sound of that. GoW is kind of bare minimum for action and the same damn combo gets awfully boring halfway through. Even the level design and enemy variety are only just barely above standard. It's like GoW is a totally average game through and through.
>>
>>336022191
It's alright. It fixes the little inconveniences and annoyances of Zelda but does worse in regards to the big picture, if that makes sense.
>>
>>336022191
>, like poor framerate or exclusive glitches, let me know.
One door will not unlock if you play the game for several hours straight. If that happens, reload the save.
Framerate might go down while you're in The Forge Lands.
And one boss might fuck off out of the area, but that seems to be a case of "works on my machine, sucks to be you"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.