[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tips for killing the pontiff in dark souls 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (479 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
479 KB, 1920x1080
i know, im shit at the game. im gonna try to summon the 2 phantoms again but he just ignored them the first time. i havent played a souls game in 3 years so any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>336019783
Fully upgrade straight sword
Get a shield
Strafe around him
Dodge when out of stamina and hit when his back is turned against you
When he kneels run away, wait till he does his AoE, run back to him and wait a couple second to let him duplicate then go to town on the clown
Rinse and repeat

You got this
>>
>>336020026
clone* not clown

Waiting your update anon
>>
just parry
>>
>>336020026
back to the shrine then and will update as soon as i try, thanks man. also, i hear he's blind on his right side or something?
>>
>>336020164
When your behind him he does an attack that goes over your head if you stand to his right. But only when you are behind him
>>
>>336020124
im trash at parrying lol
>>
>>336019783

First phase is harder, learn his combos, count the attacks, they're always the same once he starts them up. Unlike later bosses who add or leave off attacks at a whim.

In 2nd phase bait him into doing the dive bomb attacks, it's easy to dodge or block and counterattack and gives you plenty of time to get away.
>>
>>336019783
>From his chamber in Shit City
>Pontiff Sulyvahn: MMMM YEAH OOOH BABBY *masturbates to invisible hitboxes and untelegraphed moves* GOD I'M SO FUCKING HARD RIGHT NOW *reaches into asshole like he reaches across the room* MMM YEAH LET ME MASTURBATE WITH THIS SHIT AND EAT IT MMM YEAH TASTY CHOCOLATE
>Ashen one enters
>OOOOH DADDY WAS NEEDING SOME CUMMIES *leaps across the room and swings his sword in 3 nanoseconds instantly killing him* YEAH YOU FUCKED IN THE WRONG NEGHBORHOOD MMMM LET ME SNIFF YOUR HOLLOWED DICK MMMMMM YEAH BABY

IT'S NOT FAIR. WHY IS THIS FUCKER LITERALLY THE HARDEST THING IN THE GAME. I'M LEVEL 70 AND THIS GUY JUST FUCKING ONE SHOTS ME AND IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DODGE HIS MOVES BECAUSE OF HIS BULLSHIT LAGGING HITBOXES. HOLY SHIT IS THERE SOME WAY TO CHEESE THIS ASSMUNCH?
>>
>>336019783
Black Iron Greatshield.
If you hug him during the 1st phase, most of his swings will go over you.
When he summons his illusion, you can whack him for free. You can instal kill the illusion as it gets summoned.
>>
>>336019783
The sit emote is your friend.
>>
Best bleed weapons?

Also, how much luck for a bleed build? 20? 30?
>>
>>336020691
>>
>>336019783
Dark sword +10
>>
i did it guys. i decided to be a faggot and use the two summons but i did it. i need to get my endurance up because i keep running out of stamina.
>>
>>336019783
Roll towards him or diagonally towards him, his range lets him punish rolling backwards all day. If you can break his tracking in his longer combos, thats the opportunity you can generally use to heal. Also if you get hit don't panic spam roll, you have to delay it for a second to successfully dodge the next hit usually, except for his insta-thrusts with the purple sword, but that hit doesn't do much damage in comparison so its nothing to be afraid of.

If you can get to the phantom clone phase, you generally have it in the bag if you play smart and aggressive as there are long ass pauses between when the clone attacks and when the main body attacks, and they always do the exact same move.
>>
>>336020915
Is it even possible to get a slab that early in the game legit?

Use the RAW ASS. it's basically the Drake Sword of DS3
>>
>>336021353
First one you can get is from onion bro through Irithyll Dungeon/Profaned Capital, so yeah. Getting the Titanite Chunks to get from +6->+9 though, that's a different question.
>>
>>336021536
I feel like quests are broken in this game.

I helped him kill the fire demon at the beginning of the game, and he just never showed up in the well.
>>
>>336021663
he shows up after you go inside the cathedral and do some stuff that i'm not sure about. I think you have to find him there before yhorm though, but I'm not really sure.
>>
>>336020784
Any more specific info on the scaling out yet? Or just assumed 40 since dex and str softcaps there?
>>
>>336022094
Haven't heard anything more specific yet.
>>
Putting my sign in front of pontiff boss room
Scarface
Wearing full Ornstein set

Let's give it another shot anon
>>
>>336022081
Yeah, the timing on it is really fucking weird. I think it's right after you open both big double doors on both the ground floor where all the giants are and the floor above it, but that means you've literally walked past the boss door, and still requires you to go to the bonfire and teleport elsewhere and back to reset the area. And i'm not entirely sure if finishing Deacons of the Deep before helping him breaks that part of the quest
>>
>>336023256
You can just save and quit the game after opening the doors and Patches appears.
>>
>>336023256
He only appears in the well after deacons of the deep
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.