[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are the new nvidia drivers safe? I have been seeing for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: slide1_mid.jpg (17 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
slide1_mid.jpg
17 KB, 700x394
are the new nvidia drivers safe?
I have been seeing for a while that the new 364.72 drivers are fucking peoples computers up, I'm paranoid as fuck about upgrading as I have 362.00, are they safe?
>>
If the current drivers are working great for you why then you would upgrade?
Don't try and fix a clock if it is already working
>>
>>336014541
but I'm thinking about getting dark souls 3 and it says that the new drivers are optimized better for it
>>
>>336014641
I play DS3 using a Gtx 970 and the same drivers as you. Constant 60fps and in heavy areas like the cathedral the fps never go below 55.

But if you have that random urge to upgrade go ahead just don't whine if the upgrade fries your gpu
>>
>>336014423
just stick to 362

i downloaded them and had like 10 fps in in rocket league

Reverted back in a flash

gtx 680
>>
>>336014818
I think I'm just not gonna upgrade it, I don't want to fry my gpu
>>
I've been using the 364.51 for several days now without any problems.
>>
Its safe you own a new card like 1.5 year old max. If not you will get lower performance. Nvidia gimps they`r old cards so you new ones.
>>
File: u17ihnac.jpg (823 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
u17ihnac.jpg
823 KB, 1920x1080
Reminder that if you have Kepler card you should stay on old drivers.
>>
364.72 here, no problems.
>>
>>336014423
>364.72 drivers

If you take your time reading through the entire forum... the new drivers is shit. Way too many problems.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/927078/geforce-drivers/official-364-72-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-3-28-16-/1/
>>
>>336017229
I'm not upgrading then, not worth it
>>
>>336016387
Fuck NVIDIA, i'm still using the old driver from 2013 because the newer one always fucked up my gpu's temp
>>
>>336017830
362.00 is good, all the other ones I tried fucked my shit up
>>
>>336014423
Stay on 362.00 currently most stable, newest one gave me terrible screen tearing while browsing stores so I went back to 362
>>
If you don't run your own fan control curve, you literally don't deserve to use a PC

Use whatever fucking drivers you want
>>
I've been using them for a month and I haven't had any issues whatsoever.
>>
>>336019831
What does fan control curve has to do with broken drivers, you imbecile?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.