[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parts in games that made you wonder what the fuck the developers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
Parts in games that made you wonder what the fuck the developers were thinking?
>>
File: GUir8hm.png (18 KB, 289x51) Image search: [Google]
GUir8hm.png
18 KB, 289x51
>>
>>336007304
You wanna know what's sad? I cleared this part without any issues, but for stuck in the desert because I didn't realize you could ride the boars. I even helped a friend solve this puzzle over the phone from memory.
>>
>>336007304
I think I got it by chance. Had no clue what I was doing
>>
>>336007473
Got stuck*
>>
>>336007304
The feeling of success after figuring this puzzle out was amazing though
>>
>>336007304
>that
>hard
???

I never played played Zelda TP on native box, I played it on Emu, which wasn't that long ago, and I don't recall having any issues with that puzzle.

Literally not harder than the same FF7 icicle puzzle
>>
>>336007802
Surprise surprise, people are dumb as fuck.
>>
>>336007304
>left once
>up 3 times
>right once
>down all the way
>up until buttons
is this supposed tto be hard?
>>
>>336007802
When did he say it was hard?
>>
>>336007304
what's the puzzle, friends?
>>
Every sliding ice puzzle in pokemans
>>
>>336007894
Surprise surprise, you have autism.
Now go get in an argument over something stupid you fucking loser.
>>
>>336007970
Get the statues on those two marked pillars and both statues move at the same time but in opposite directions
>>
What the fuck were the developers thinking putting a puzzle in a Zelda game?
>>
Water Solution or whatever it was in Resident Evil 3.
>>
File: madness itself.jpg (1 MB, 1571x1071) Image search: [Google]
madness itself.jpg
1 MB, 1571x1071
Styg you motherfucker, seriously? Fucking seriously?

To be fair, he fixed it with a patch. But holy fucking shit.
>>
>>336008816
Is that underrail?
>>
>>336007304
Lmao at even making it this far in such a terrible game
>>
File: 1356848932113.jpg (46 KB, 543x499) Image search: [Google]
1356848932113.jpg
46 KB, 543x499
>>336008917
yeah.

btw I dislike that I wasn't able to save Eldein and join Tchort.
>>
File: TPpuzzle.png (24 KB, 737x553) Image search: [Google]
TPpuzzle.png
24 KB, 737x553
>>336008092
alright, I did it

assuming the statues stop at the end of the puzzle and don't fuck you around by jumping off or some shit, you use that to move one statue at a time until you can move them both onto the goal from opposite sides
>>
>>336008917
Yeah. I love the game to death, but that part was downright infuriating before the patch.
>>
File: When will it end.jpg (223 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
When will it end.jpg
223 KB, 640x480
>>
>>336007473
Had the same damn problem
>>
>>336008816
Shit nigga, that looks great. That's Deep Caverns or some other lategame area right?
>>
>>336009140
But Tchort wants to eat you. How exactly are you planning to join him? I mean, aside from joining your river into his sea and becoming the flesh of a god.
>>
>>336009252
Yup, it's DC. The whole place is pretty atmospheric, actually. It's just, it has, or depending on your perspective had, some issues.
>>
>>336009169
Wolf Link is also part of the puzzle and isn't allowed to be squashed by the statues either.
He moves in the direction as the red statue I think.

But OP is a fag anyway as it isn't that hard.
>>
>>336009385
Explain
>>
>>336009385
Can't wait until I get there, last thing I remember I got sent to rescue a bunch of merchants and got so bored I dropped it. Does it get better soon or do I have to deal with it?
>>
File: PTSD 2.webm (3 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
PTSD 2.webm
3 MB, 427x240
>>336007304
>>
>>336009440
>Wolf Link is also part of the puzzle and isn't allowed to be squashed by the statues either.

fuck that
>>
>>336009275
Thats true, he does. Frankly, I disliked how Tchort was handled from a story perspective in the end.

I was expecting Tchort to an intelligent mysterious lifeform with trancendance agenda that would allow humans to become symbiotic with it and usher a new age of existance for humanity or something similar, instead of being just a hungry evil monster.

I was hoping to be able to save Eldein, ally with him and then do some cool shit as bros, along with the rest of the cult.
>>
>Always pass puzzles in games with little effort and little time
>Never got stuck in games unless the game gives you no hint to where the fuck to go

I'm not saying Im smarter than everyone else, I'm saying everyone else has gotten stupider.
>>
>>336009534
Just watched this on Youtube and it looks cool as fuck.
>>
>>336009975
>implying puzzles are an indicator of intelligence
>implying you're not a virgin faggot turd like everyone else on this board who seriously need to fucking kill themselves.
Go REEE you piece of shit.
>>
>>336009468
Alright, spoilers coming up, beware.

You know how most of the game is about combat, doing quest, and exploring shit, but mainly combat? Well, not DC. Somehow Styg had the bright idea to turn the final section of the game into what is essentially a point and click adventure.

If you are doing it right, you will rarely have to fight, and there is only a single unavoidable mini-boss. Your goal there basically boils down to exploring this really large and almost completely abandoned area, surviving, and collecting shit to turn into other shit to use to clear the way to the final boss. Optionally you can also collect yet further shit, and if you realize what to do with them solve an actually pretty good puzzle on paper, so the final boss will not rape you so badly.

Now here comes the funny part. Depending on how you handle things, there are four NPCs that can give you direct help by suggesting where to go and what to do. Two out of the four depend on previous game choices, and the third is hidden and you might miss him completely. Now this third NPC was supposed to give you the hint what to do in that specific area. Except the hint was so cryptic, it came across as a genuine warning instead of something you are supposed to do.

See, the unavoidable mini-boss can only be found with a trick. In that mushroom forest there are things that constantly pump spore in the air, which if hits you, reduces your total HP up to 60%, and get your current HP down to 1. What you have to do is sit under one of these things and get so fucking high on spores that you black out and wake up in the secret area. But good luck figuring that out. That shit got batshit insane point and click logic down to a T.

Since the patch this should no longer be an issue, you get clear information about the hidden NPC, and the NPCs hint is now almost impossible to misunderstand.
>>
File: 1434904538388.jpg (80 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1434904538388.jpg
80 KB, 640x360
>>336007304
>>
File: why.jpg (83 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
83 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>336009275
>that spoiler

what the fuck, I guess I gotta start playing Underrail again
>>
>>336009471
Have fun. DC is kind of a love it or hate it deal. I personally loved it because the different area gimmicks were pretty fun and the lore fucking delicious, but others understandably feel DC is the devil.

As I said it should not be too bad now, as many of the original problems, the lack of direction, constant backtracking, debuff timers, and specific respawns or respawn rates had been addressed by patches.
>>
Any stealth segment in a game that is not a stealth game.

Any mandatory sports mini-games in a game that is not about sports. Doubly for fishing. Fuck off Sonic Adventure, we knew you were just trying to shill us your fishing game.
>>
>>336008086
U Mad Bro?
>>
>>336008086
>autism accusation
People shouldn't use words they don't know the meaning of. It's like this global discredit insult, like how politicians used to call each others communists in America in the 30's to discredit each other.

You can call him an autist all you want, but you are literally a meme spouter. And yes, I'm using "literally" correctly.
>>
>>336011314
>>336011436
samefag
>>
>>336009816
I thought it was a pretty nice twist, but I get your point. To be fair, Tchort does want to ascend, it's just that you don't have much to offer him, and he doesn't really have much interest in helping the rest of humanity.

And as the Faceless Commander explains, Eidein himself was in for the power, not because he believed in the goal he preached. Even though Tchortism actually created one of the best and safest communities in Underrail. So basically there was nothing wrong with Tchortism, but everything wrong with Tchort itself.

But of course it's neither Tchort or Tchortism that was the real problem, but motherfucking ayys fucking up everything once again.
>>
>>336011436
>implying that loser doesn't punch holes in the walls of his mother's basement while REEEing all over the place

He's bragging about beating a children's game for god's sake, even if he doesn't have autism, he's still fucking retarded.
>>
>>336010543
I always see this posted but I don't even know from what game it is, what is the deal?
>>
File: vtmb.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
vtmb.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
>the sewers
>>
>>336007956
>>left once
>>up 3 times
Doesn't work, you'll crash with the statue
>>
>>336009534
Completing that without a guide video feels like my greatest personal achievement in gaming.
Took me 4 days but it felt so damn satisfying.
>>
>>336012580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>336012580
It's Bioshock Infinite, one of the quotes that gets thrown around from a certain game journalist was "finally, a smart game for smart gamers" or something like that. The first part of the game has you climb a lighthouse and ring the bells to get inside. Secret codes aren't anything new to Bioshock, but THIS time, the player's character pulls out the card and says "wait a minute, that card" without any prompting from the user at all, something that was previously unheard of - in Bioshock door codes needed to be memorized manually, and in Bioshock 2 you at least needed to SEE the code - the game would remind you once you reached the appropriate lock. People felt it was a gross betrayal of a core detail of previous games.

In other words, it's something that gets mocked a lot for being a really stupid decision on the developers' part, on top of being one of the first warnings of how much the game fucking babies you.
>>
>>336007304
I never understood why people found this puzzle hard. I don't even remember it for how normal it was to me.
>>
>>336010623
What game?
>>
File: 1462021199032.jpg (106 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1462021199032.jpg
106 KB, 1024x576
>>336013725
Dude
>>
File: image.png (83 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
83 KB, 512x768
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.