[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what will Nintendo do once this thing inevitably flops?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: nintendo_nx.jpg (35 KB, 1424x800) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_nx.jpg
35 KB, 1424x800
So, what will Nintendo do once this thing inevitably flops?

No one is excited for this, everyone is just spectating to witness their next blunder. Not just that, but at this point the entire industry is against them. The media hates them, the mass consumer doesn't acknowledge them, the fans are turning away, and the 3rd party devs have no faith in them anymore. They literally need a miracle to make this thing a success, but with PS4k and VR out this holiday, they have no footing to stand on. Those are the hot gimmicks, and even without those, PS4 is easy to dev for, and has a massive install base and varied library.

So, what comes next then?

The NX flops, and then?
>>
I'm excited for it. Most Nintendoomed posters are shitposters and falseflaggers. I'll get it for games to play, just like any other system.
>>
I think nintendo will release an Animal Crossing spin-off that no-one wants instead of a proper AC game. Maybe it could be an amiibo based party game, or a microtransaction infested mobile game.
>>
>>336005121
Hopefully start focus on games again or die in a fire. I'd be fine with either at this point.
>>
i will inevitably pick it up as a smash machine
>>
I expected them to go third party back in 2004 because everyone laughed at the original DS. I was wrong. I have no faith in the NX. I hope that I'm wrong again.
>>
File: 1444576781501.png (358 KB, 609x484) Image search: [Google]
1444576781501.png
358 KB, 609x484
>>336005121
As long as I get staple franchise entries I don't really care, senpai.

Third party support would really be nice, though.
>>
I'm legitimately concerned here. Two years ago with smash and splatoon Nintendo had their fans pretty excited, but for the past year they've done nothing but upset their fans time after time. The only things I care about coming to nintendo consoles(read 3ds) aren't even first party. They cocktease me with the nx, make me wait a fucking year to even hear about it, and then "u rike zeldar rite???" I'm not even upset anymore, I'm just done with Nintendo's bullshit. They better have one hell of a hat trick with the nx.

Though that new Kirby game is kinda fun, thanks for fully translating the Japanese version and then holding it back :^)
>>
>>336006769
le falseflag face :^)
>>
>>336006454
>because everyone laughed at the original DS
They did?
>>
>>336007443
They did. Most people thought that the DS is gonna be a huge flop.
>>
>>336005121
>implying nx won't the super nintedo of this generation
>>
>>336008378
It'd have to have exclusive jap support and stronger hardware than its main competitor, the PS4, for that to be true.

And lets face it, Sony has Japan in its pocket as far as nip home console devs go.
>>
File: 1459785554278.png (267 KB, 711x376) Image search: [Google]
1459785554278.png
267 KB, 711x376
>no one is excited about this

If anything op, people are cautiously excited for this. The NX is Nintendo's last chance to keep their current fans and pull in new ones. Nintendo is a household name and people want good things them but will they provide?
>>
>>336008712
I do not know one current fan that is even considering getting the NX. All of us, this includes me of course, feel burned after the Wii U.
>>
>>336008932
I am cautiously excited but it is extremely hard to be hyped when Nintendo keeps on delaying news for it, like with square sharing little information about kh3.
>>
>>336008712
The people cautiously excited are a small minority. Most of their fans have turned jaded with the last two years of the WiiU.

Their already small install base has just turned even smaller, and without the power to pull in PS4 owners or casuals, the NX is dead in the water.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.