[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just tried out this game. And what the fuck? The cleric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 17
File: BB_KyeArt_A_257295_14023645371.jpg (2 MB, 3533x2118) Image search: [Google]
BB_KyeArt_A_257295_14023645371.jpg
2 MB, 3533x2118
So I just tried out this game. And what the fuck?

The cleric beast is harder than 90% of DS3's bosses. Not including Nameless King, Cinder and the Abyss watchers.
>>
No shields for turtlefaggots
>>
>>336004954
dude lmao let's make him constantly move so he's hard to hit ahahahaha and then he'll eventually just fill the room with poison and you die anyway ahaahahahahahaahah
>>
>>336005026
I don't use shields yo

This game is fucking hard and there's not enough bonfires

Somehow my dodge game was good in DS3, but not in this game
>>
>>336004954
>The cleric beast is harder than 90% of DS3's bosses
That is probably because you're not use to bloodborne's combat yet. There is no shields and its much more fast paced. You've probably played previous souls games so you find new ones much easier.
>>
>>336005297
You're right. ds3 was easy for me. the basic enemies in BB are fucking hard. it's confusing to get the parry down.
>>
>>336005179
What r u talkin bout mate? High lord in das3?
>>
>>336004954
>the harder boss of bloodborne is easier than 3 bosses in another game
fucking casuals
>>
Nah, he's not. You're just not used to its gameplay differences yet. Once I got gud at BB it was the easiest by a country mile.
>>
oh look another
>my souls is harder than your souls
>>
>>336004954
Just get good, if you don't get stunlocked you can just attack him and get your health back.
>>
>>336005556
Most useless advice I've ever seen.
>>
>>336005664
Why? Either you get stunlocked and killed in one attack or you attack back and recover your health. It's the basics of Bloodborne's combat.
>>
>>336005556
his moves are hard to read. In contrast, vordt and gundyr were super easy and predictable for me because they telegraph their moves. Cleric beast stands still sometimes, and moves around like a crazy person other times.
>>
>>336005761
The only mob in the entire game that stunlocks you is the stupid things that drain your insight. The entire game is just dodging and shooing the boss in the right spot.
>>
>>336005814
You forgot the swarms of enemies the game throws at you because the healing system doesn't allow for any other kind of challenge.
>>
>>336005224
>there's not enough bonfires

please stop, one of my biggest complaints with DaS3 was that they put too many bonfires, and clustered up too many enemies between many of them. It's not as bad as DaS2 since we still get shortcuts and all, but it's still fucked famarino.
>>
I'm guessing you're using an unupgraded Cane, which is the most gimped start to the game.
>>
>>336005873
Sure dude, swarms of enemies. lol.
>>
>>336006024
switched to saw cleaver now. retarted the game. I started with a cane and it's shit.
>>
>>336006121
Have you even played the game?
>>
>>336006138
it's rather underwhelming initially because it's geared towards crowd control in whip form, but the axe's halberd form has about as much range and far better damage and stagger

but it has appreciable skill scaling and tears through anything from the midgame onward
>>
What's the most fun starting weapon?
>>
>>336006174
Up to NG+3, yeah. There's honest to god never a group of enemies that's bigger than a size of 4 or 5. Except for the very beginning where there's abunch of fags huddled together that you're supposed to walk around.
>>
>>336006298
I always start with Hunter's Axe + Blunderbuss, whatever my build, unless I sprint straight to the docks for the Saw Spear
>>
>>336006304
>Up to NG+3, yeah
Sounds like bullshit t b h
>>
>>336004954
Be careful when you run, roll or attack.

If you get hit doing one of those things you take much more damage than usual (up to 80% more IIRC), just because you can roll spam doesn't mean you should. Normal hits aren't that bad, I got through the game with 7 Vit and one-shots were still fairly rare if I wasn't counter hit.

For Bloodborne bosses have more mechanics as well, you can cripple parts of their body (for some bosses, mostly big beast ones like Cleric) and they take much more damage from that section for a while. If you cripple the head (a few bullets or a Molatov) you get a free visceral. The fight can be over in an instant if you know what you are doing.
>>
>>336006304
>a group of enemies that's bigger than a size of 4 or 5

Compared to the DS games, that's a considerable swarm.
>>
>>336005806
I agree. I didn't take a single hit from Vordt or Gundyr, but died 4-5 times to Cleric Beast.
>>
>cleric beast not harder than stab me in the back watchers
>>
>>336006379
vulnerable hits in this game are insane, sure you've got better mobility and lower stamina usage but one slip-up and you're destroyed
>>
The only hard area in Dark Souls 3 is behind the hidden wall in Anal Rodeo.

The two fuckin dogs in the water were by far harder than any boss in the game.
>>
pick three favorites from the basegame and 2 from the dlc

>Haxe
>Wheel
>Kirkhammer

>Boomhauer
>Beastcutter
>>
>>336006542
Alluring skull that shit anon
>>
>>336004954
dude holy shit i did most bosses in dark souls 3 in 1 try

but fucking cleric beast i had to call my friend over to kill it for me
>>
>>336005224

Less bonfires, but there are plenty of shortcuts. Find them. Open them.
>>
>>336006481
Yeah, don't sprint at rifle weilders to try get to them quickly, it won't end well.

It works the same for enemies as well, attack a cutlass Yharnamite in the middle of his combo and you'll likely one-shot them with any unupgraded weapon and base stats.
>>
>>336006542
there's no reason to fight them both at the same time and their charge -> lightning breath is punishable for plenty of damage and even a riposte
>>
>finally get to the fishing hamlet, BL build with kage, all decked out ready to fight
>ok spearfaggots, im gonna wait to rolldodge at the very last second because of how delayed your attacks are
>spearfaggots LITERALLY wait until im out of iframes on my roll and THEN strike

i refuse to believe the game doesnt not calculate iframes and synchronize enemy attacks to create artificial difficulty
>>
The beginning of the game up to old yharnam is probably the hardest part of BB.
>>
>>336006608

>Tesla thing
>Greatsword
>Weeb edge

>Fire Hammer
>Moonlight sword
>>
>>336006608
Cane
Rifle Spear
Kirk Hammer

Whirligig
Bow Blade
Ayy-Lmao
>>
BB has good bosses up until Vicar Amelia, then it's a decline in quality. Even Gherman and Moon Prescence are a joke

DaS3 on the other hand has a steady incline, bosses start pretty easy but get tougher, though some like Wolnir and Yhorm are gimmicks
>>
Should I get the DLC? How does it work?
>>
>>336006608
Kirkhammer
Chikage
Burial Blade

BEAST CUTTAH
CANNON
>>
>>336006857
the gimmick bosses in ds3 pissed me off, the only one i really like is cinder, nameless king, dragonslayer armor, and champ gundyr. Those are fun. Deacons and crystal sage were also gimmick bosses imo. Way too many shit bosses.
>>
>>336006857
>Even Gherman and Moon Prescence are a joke

I disagree.
>>
>>336006542
speaking of mobs that are harder than bosses
>>
>>336006857
Man Wolnir was something disappointing, I got my ass whooped a few times at the abyss watchers, so I was expecting to get diddled by daddy-boner Wolnir, lol nope 30 secs later ded.
>>
Beat him in 4 tries. That shit was hard though. You literally can't predict his shit. Even dancer is easier somehow.
>>
>>336006608
>BoM
>Rifle Spear
>Ludwigs holy blade

>Simons Bowblade
>MY GUIDING MOONLIGHT
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336007020
fuck that well

you have to shaman bone one to have a chance
>>
File: 1460588356413.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1460588356413.gif
2 MB, 540x540
OP, let me give you a tad bit of actually useful advice.

1. Tools are very important in this game. You can get through Dark Souls without using them, but in BB, things like Fire Paper and Bolt Paper are extremely powerful. The same goes for Marrow Ash. Tools are also how you make a magic build. Even if you're not Arcane, Augus is the most broken item in the game.
Basically, use tools.
2. Cleric Beast is intentionally designed to have huge parry windows. When he gets ready to attack, hit L2 and he'll be stunned easily and open for a Visceral attack.
2.5 Fire Paper on him. You can also use Bombs for Fire damage.
3. If you're really having problems, BB's NPC allies are extremely strong. You can summon one named Father Gascigone near that screaming giant if you have a point of Insight though I honestly wouldn't, Insight is rare early on.
4. The trick to BB is that being aggressive is almost always going to make the battle easier. Coming from DaS or DeS, you're likely one to back off. Don't do that in BB, you're more likely to survive by actually rolling into the enemy and past them rather than back. Ocieros from DaS3 is basically a BB boss in that.
5. If you haven't unlocked the shortcut yet, just past those two big werewolves is a path to the left into a dark house. Head downstairs here and out and you'll find a very fast way to the lamp.

I was so shit when I first played BB, I had to unlearn everything. I hope you have fun, OP.
>>
>>336007518
thanks bro
>>
>>336007503
you can parry them, but it's still tougher than Archdeacon McCrocdogs by a country mile if you don't use a boneblade
>>
>>336005521
>any DaS or DeS boss being better, more fun to fight AND more challenging than OoK and Ludwig
don't fool yourself nigga
>>
>>336006608
>three

I'll take just one:

Hunter Axe was my starting weapon, and I finished my first 3 playthroughs using only this. Truly great weapon.

On my fourth playthrough I tried Ludwigs Holy Blade and I didn't like it.

inb4 casual
>>
>>336007518
sound advice, except #2 should be amended:

Cleric Beast staggers from being hit in the head. He's not parried by gunshots as much as his head having an extremely low damage threshold. This mechanic works on no other extra-large enemy except for Amygdala
>>
That's like saying a boss from Bayonetta is harder than one from Devil May Cry.
>>
>>336008919
why not say that?
>>
Lots of enemies and bosses in bloodborne have a "BUT WAIT!" weakness to them, like the cleric beast is powerful and fast and if I remember has one or two parry-able moves, BUT WAIT! IF YOU THROW A FIRE BOMB AT ITS HEAD AT THE RIGHT TIME YOU GET A FREE PARRY, see? Shit like that is all over, like the brainsuckers being super annoying and strong to all kinds of damage BUT WAIT! they take like 5x fire damage, just Froms balance I guess
>>
>>336008651
Paarl, Amelia, Bloodletting, Abhorrant and Eribritas (maybe more) all get staggered and give you a viseral if you do enough damage to thier head. The amount is a lot higher than CB though, because he's the tutorial boss, its still a good stragedy to aim for the head though.

>>336009793
Cleric Beast is not parryable at all. The only way for a visceral is to cripple his head.
>>
>>336006831
The two gentlemen with white coats in upper cathedral ward. Past the locked door in the Church Workshop.
Outside of the chalice dungeons and DLC these two were so tough for some reason.
>>
>>336010693
But that's wrong you fucking nigger. Cleric beast is parryable and the only part thats hard with him is the bullshit narrow arena fucking up the locked on camera.
>>
>>336009793
>brainsuckers
>weak to fire

Nigger what? They're super weak to bolt and blood damage, like every other kin enemy in the game.

Bosses in Bloodborne were way better than the DaS3 ones, kind of wish they had DaS3's speed more akin to BB.
>>
>>336011616
The first Brainsucker dies to a single Molotov, and the later ones only take a couple.
>>
>>336011616
Weird, I always found they take no damage from physical but die in 2-3 swings with any fire weapon and melted to the flamesprayer, to the point to where I kept a fire weapon on reserve just for them
>>
>>336006608
>Hunter's axe
>Threaded Cane
>Kirkhammer

>holy moonlight sword
>Kos Parasite

I did a str. Arcane build and didn't realise logarius wheel has an arcane scaling, I always thought it was bloodtinge so I missed out trying that weapon out. I ended up using strength weapons and using the phantasm shell for arcane up until I got DLC.
>>
>>336009287
Two different series that's why.
>>
File: break a deal spin the wheel.jpg (1 MB, 3780x1713) Image search: [Google]
break a deal spin the wheel.jpg
1 MB, 3780x1713
>>336006608
>Carry Axe
>SPIN THE WHEEL (It is the worst strength weapon though)
>I wanted to like the Stake Driver but the R2 charged times in this game are way too long for them to be useful, all the same I'll put it here anyway. It's BULLSHIT that Djura gets to pull off the charged moves with no startup.

>Pizza Cutter
>My true mentor
>Furnace Fun-Fucker
>Funky Arm Club: Get Funkier

Hard to decide.

Yet to do a skill/bloodtinge run.
>>
There was a time when I was summoned to help the host fight Ludwig in the DLC. He summoned one other player.
>I charged my Bowblade just as Ludwig was about to perform the rapehorse move on them as seen in the berserk manga, in his phase 2 with his moonlight sword up.
>Host and other guy start backing off slowly while locked on to Ludwig.
>Hit him square at the back. Bowblade initiates a stagger.
>Holy shit the comeback was real that day.
Host charges forth and visceral attacks him and we eventually beat him.
>>
>>336011425
Prove it, show me footage of Cleric Beast being parried by shooting him in the middle of an attack.

Note: "breaking" his head and getting a visceral that way does not count as a parry.
>>
which weapon should I be using? I've been using the arm cannon thing ever since I killed the roof guy.
>>
I wish BB was on PC; the lore and setting are my favorite of all the souls genre
>>
>>336014156
Arm cannon is a bit OP for PvP but otherwise useless for PvE due to massive silver bullet use.

For PvE damage, you'll be wanting either the gatling gun, the Evelyn/Rifle Spear/shooty sword, etc.

For parry purposes, just the Evelyn/Pistol will serve you fine.
>>
>>336004954
>Cleric beast
>hard
lmao, just dodge and hug its ass
>>
>>336006304
WHAT? The first AREA in Yharnam has about 11 enemies around that big fire.

You havent played it ONCE. GET OFF MY /v/!
>>
>>336004954
beat cleric beast by spamming r1 with reckless abandon with the cane sword in normal mode
>>
>>336014498
He literally said except for that.
>>
>>336004954
Wait until you do the higher level chalice dungeons.
>>
>>336014542
I just beat blood starved beast with r1 spam

Whoever said the first part of the game is the hardest seems right so far
>>
>>336015217
Difficulty is like
>Gascoigne/Cleric Beast: "Fuck me, I gotta git gud"
>Everything else: "Eh this is fine, I can handle this"
>Old Hunters/Chalice Dungeons Depth 4 and lower: "OH FUCK ME"
>>
File: images-4.jpg (7 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
7 KB, 200x160
>>336004954
> bloodborne was my first fromsoft game
> spent literally hours getting rekt by the basic bitch enemies in that first mob
> quit the game "for good" several times but something kept pulling me back
> mfw I finally get to cleric beast and get "PREY SLAUGHTERED" on first attempt
> mfw the game clicked at that moment and its now one of my GOATs
> mfw im the real killer in these streets

I havent even started ds3 because I know itll disappoint. Sequel when?
>>
File: 1455916807209.jpg (615 KB, 1024x792) Image search: [Google]
1455916807209.jpg
615 KB, 1024x792
Alright, I feel like an idiot, but I'll ask anyways in case someone feels like helping.
I beat Vicar Amelia, and I'm told to ascend to Oedon Chapel. So I go back to the cathedral ward and climb the bigass tower, but the door's locked. I've already been to Yarghul and The Frontier, where do I go to unlock that fucking door?
>>
>>336016661
You need to go to the Forbidden Woods now.
>>
>>336016661
Yeah you don't need to do that shit, fuck Gherman. Around the Cathedral Ward there's a bigass door you should have the password to. Have fun with the snakes.

If you really want to, though:
>Head to Cathedral Ward/Oedon Chapel
>Inside the SMALL chapel (accessible from the first door on the left form the lamp) there's a lever that opens a tomb
>inside the tomb is a door to Old Yharnam
>Through Old Yharnam is the Blood-Starved Beast
>Defeat the Blood-Starved Beast to open the door to get to the chapel, although you can't even ascend to the top of it at the moment, just high enough to nab a badge and low enough to discover some cool shit, I guess.
>>
>>336016959
He's already inside the tower, he's talking about the door at the top.
>>
File: 1454306627607.jpg (20 KB, 637x469) Image search: [Google]
1454306627607.jpg
20 KB, 637x469
>>336016761
Thanks, man. I've been doing fuck-all for 2 days. At least I killed Witch of Hemwick and Paarl while I was looking around.
>>
>>336017030
Oh that shit.

Yeah you're probably not discovering how to open THAT door without someone leading you by the nose, shits hidden.
>>
This thread can't be real.
>>
>>336017190
>Dumb thread immediately derailed into amicable discussion
What's not real
>>
LAAA LA LA LA LAAA
>>
Is bloodborne even active anymore since ds3 released? I am thinking about leveling my hunter from 120 since pvp is so inactive.
>>
>>336004954
Molotovs and oil urns will destroy any beast enemy.
>>
>>336006770
This is what it feels like fighting any Shield enemy in DS3.
Also the fact that regardless of what weapons the enemy use they will always fuck you up if you ever try getting a hit in after being hit once.
>>
>>336004954

Cleric Beast is really meant to be fought after Vicar Amelia, but since he's in the beginning, most people would run into him.

In the beginning, you have very limited options so yo don't really have many ways of actually doing damage. Once you beat Bloodstarved and/or Amelia, you get access to a bunch of high damaging tools, weapons (espeically with the DLC), bloodgems and way better more constant means of farming blood echoes so you can acquire more weapons/tools and have more blood vials on stock.
>>
>>336017124
> upper cathedral ward
> dat music
> jump scares
> creepiest enemies in the game
> pure horror atmosphere
> only 30% of players have even seen it
>>
>>336018128
>the horror gets turned into a jaunty ride as you grind those werewolves into soup over and over for all the blood chunks they've got
>>
>>336006608

>cane
>stake
>burial

>beast claws (beast embrace)
>Kos Parasite
>>
>>336018278
>beast claws (beast embrace)
Fuck yooooooou
>>
>>336004954
You must rly suck if u found cleric beast hard at all lol
>>
Is bloodborne pvp still active?
>>
File: 1461623739584.png (312 KB, 948x535) Image search: [Google]
1461623739584.png
312 KB, 948x535
>>336004954
Trying out builds that didn't use shields in some of the earlier games helped me get out of the no-turtling rutt real quick in Bloodborne.

What killed me the most was that the healing button was triangle when it's usually square, and weapon-style-switching was L1 when it was usually triangle.

Worst muscle memory...
>>
File: 1461264689115.jpg (328 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461264689115.jpg
328 KB, 1280x720
>>336019474

>play Dark Souls on pc
>bind my controller with my personal configuration
>friend visit me and plays with my binds
>"dude why are you playing with Bloodborne controls?"
>what
>finally play BB
>shit feels very natural because is the same binds I use

Guess Im lucky
>>
File: 1461096005576.jpg (3 MB, 4013x2866) Image search: [Google]
1461096005576.jpg
3 MB, 4013x2866
>>336019781

Fucking masterrace. What is actually stopping consoles from doing control remaps if we really want to?
>>
>>336020056
PS4 lets you.
>>
File: IMG_1908.jpg (47 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1908.jpg
47 KB, 720x540
>>336020630
Oh shit, disregard that. I suck cocks.

What the fuck, I struggled all that time for fucking nothing? HUR.
>>
File: Cane.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cane.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Cane best starter weapon.
>>
>>336020960
He actually has a lot of health with two phantoms, huh?
>>
>>336020960
Folks bash it for being atrocious early on, but I loved that damn thing. Is the axe just popular because it's spin to win and saw is R1 spam?
>>
>>336021051
Saw is R1 spam, Axe is regain plus hyper armour and range.
>>
>>336020960
I had a hard time fighting Cleric Beast with that thing.
>>
>>336004954
Funny thing is, I actually found Bloodborne to be the easiest souls game for my first playthrough. The only bosses I had problem with were Blood Starved Beast and Logarius. I assumed I just learned how to play the souls games properly and they were never really hard in the first place.
>>
>>336021257
I found it pretty easy to reach the end of the game, but the optional stuff and DLC is probably the hardest content in the series. And I never found the game TOO easy, so it's probably got the best scale of difficulty too. Approachable to beginners but with challenge to offer as well.
>>
>>336021257
>blood-starved and logarius
>hard

Maybe playing these fucking games are inkblot tests. Some bosses being hard for people while being pushovers for others.

I have no idea how you can think those two are tough and then moonwalk your way through Ebriets.
>>
File: 1449888397982.jpg (355 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1449888397982.jpg
355 KB, 1500x1500
>>336004954
Bloodborne is harder. Deal with it.

dont give up though, I believe in you
>>
>>336005814
>shooing the boss in the right spot

Sounds like you're wasting bullets. I hardly used bullets my playthrough, only on hunters did I use them.
>>
>>336004954

>abyss watchers
>hard

Well if you think those were hard, I bet BB is a breezethrough.
>>
>>336021519
But Ebby is just dodge her swings then smash her head in.
>>
>>336021981
I mean, like, you could just say that about every boss. What was it about bloodstarved and logarius? Was it just their gimmicks or something? I mean, you can almost chain backstabs on logarius.
>>
>>336022131
She does a lot of flailing around you barely even need to dodge that lets you continue damaging her.
Logarius is fast, aggresive and also has ranged magic. I've personally never had any major problems with Blood Starved. Especially after realizing how easy it is with lures.
>>
So the next boss I have is Micolash and I'm in the area where if you walk forward you get frenzied immediately. How the fuck do I stop that permanently? Frenzy is the worst bullshit.
>>
>>336004954
Don't lock on.
Stick to his ass.
Swing weapon.

Actually not locking on is how I beat a lot of the harder bosses in Bloodborne. I love Souls-like games from From but they really need to tweak the camera for the larger bosses. Camera in DS3 is my biggest enemy against Nameless King on his dragon. I like the fight with just him solo more than on the dragon because fuck the camera.

Coisant is a much harder boss than Clerics. Unless you know of the music box it's a really fucking hard fight(for me at least). I wanna say he's a bit too hard for so early in the game, but he is beatable so maybe it's fine as is.
>>
>>336022734
What kills me about Ebrietas is her like, two hit tentacle swings, and I'm way too insecure to try and unlock and dodgeroll them both. That and her dash attack with like infinite hurtbox range. Way worse than ludwig's by a fucking mile. The stage 2 gimmick isn't that bad since you get such a huge chance to bulldoze her while she's revving it up, so if I can get that far, it's usually in the bag.

Nearly all of logarius' magic is so easy to dodge, though. Each one of them is an opening to backstab him. And his aggression in second stage just means it's easier to put a bullet in his mouth.
>>
>>336023157
He definitely teaches you how to beat the DLC. Dodge into and around and never backwards. Backwards is rapefest.
>>
>>336006138
Cane is a great starting weapon for a dex build, and does mad damage when buffed in untricked mode.

It's the most difficult if you're new to the game, but it's rewarding if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>336004954
Try getting use to engaging in trick mode and combo into the switch attack and finishing with cane bashing. Pretty fierce damage, but I don't suggest using the normal switch attack. Long as hell. Better off with trick R2s.
>>
>>336012930
Dude you can just put fire/bolt gems in weapon and it'll scale ith arcane.
>>
>>336023571
Why don't the whips in DS3 work like the canes trick mode from BB? I get the game isn't BB but come on, the whips are shit. I don't want them to do insane damage, but at least make them fast for the low damage they do do. Reach and speed should be benefits of the whip but at most you have a lil more reach at the cost of flailing it around forever.
>>
>>336004954
BB and DaS are fundamentally different games, and this is shown throughout every system in Bloodborne. For example, Blood Vials Vs. Estus Flasks. Blood Vials can be used liberally, they cap at 20, and they heal quickly. Estus Flasks heal slowly, and in the beginning, cap at 3-10, depending on which Dark Souls you are playing. These differences help highlight how BB and DaS are different games. Bloodborne is visceral, and fast-paced, whereas DaS is strategic, and cautious. You just have to get in a certain mindset to play each game effectively. It may take a while, but it is worth the effort. The only difficulty is jumping back into Dark Souls after BB, and vice versa.
>>
>>336023897
BB and DS3 feels like a Game Freaks Pokemon gen.
1 step forward, 1 sidestep and then two steps back in something else.
>>
>>336024121
This is bullshit. Minor speed adjustments don't highlight a fundementally different design philosophy. It's faster dark souls. Learn to roll. The end.
>>
>>336004954
>>/vg/
>>
File: majestic.png (827 KB, 1054x479) Image search: [Google]
majestic.png
827 KB, 1054x479
If you said Gascoigne you'd have a point but Cleric is easy as fuck, I literally beat him first try with an un-upgraded weapon blind on launch day. Taurus Demon is probably harder if you don't use plunging attacks.
>>
>>336006857
Funny you say that. I thought the BB bosses were way more difficult than the DaS 3 bosses. The only boss I actually had a difficult time in Das 3 was the Dragonslayer Armour. Everything else felt fairly manageable. BB boss fights felt unpredictable, and a bit less telegraphed. I haven't played all the way through BB since January though, so maybe I am remembering it incorrectly.
>>
>>336024410
they fucked up by not having dragon transformation weapon in 3
>>
>>336023036
> run past all enemies outside
> use the elevator inside that leads directly to that lamp
> after you kill micolash you can pull a lever that sends that frenzy-inducing piece of shit into a giant hole
>>
>>336005224
Your dodges are probably delayed due to 30 frames
>>
>>336024554
Dragon transformation was pathetic and obviously shoved in at the last minute, it has no covenant, the twinkling stones are even more useless than the normal ones, especially the torso, and the dragon body is literally a blue hollow model with a tail.

The fact that they didn't even give it the fist damage/moveset that dragon body had in DaS 1 is criminal, that shit was underrated. It did lots of damage at incredibly high speeds with zero equip load.
>>
>>336024725
>No thick thighed dragon transformation for female body like in DS1.
From should be ashamed.
>>
>>336024238
I would disagree. Think about the Hunter Rally system. It encourages fast, aggressive play, and in doing so, rewards the player for throwing caution to the wind, and going for attack, rather than defense. This is an example of a core system of gameplay in BB contradicting the design philosophy of Dark Souls.
>>
>>336023036

The more insight you have, the faster your frenzy meter will increase. Spend those and run like hell through the area orrrr buy sedatives.
>>
>>336025424
He might be outside leading up to the castle or tower or whatever it is. If he is he has to hide behind rocks and such. Really just haul ass past everything in that area. I don't think there's any item pick ups that are of much note out there. At least not on the way to building.
>>
>>336025601

Ahhh I forgot about the rocks. I tend to just run straight through. Then proceed to get my shit stuffed in by the spiders. Fuck them.
>>
>>336025810
I'm pretty sure if you just fucking gun it, you can run past all the spiders before they hit the ground and funnel them into the tunnel up ahead.

Don't go too far ahead though, or you'll get spit-roasted by spiders and a faggot with a Ludwig's rape blade.
>>
>>336025810
I just run past everything outside, then past the spiders, then past the asshole hunter who always beats my ass, past the midgets, past the fat jerks, reach the lift, unlock shortcut. Just doesn't feel worth it to stop and fight everything.
>>
>>336006608
Threaded Cane.
Chikage.
BoM.

Simon's Bowblade.
Rakuyo.
>>
>>336006608
Cane
Wheel (even though I never power it up because fuck losing hp)
Blades of Mercy

I do like Kirkhammer but the wheel beats it just a bit for me. Haven't played the DLC but I've heard it's good. Kind of hoping it goes on sale for 10 at some point.
>>
File: 1461997832664.png (365 KB, 299x530) Image search: [Google]
1461997832664.png
365 KB, 299x530
>>336014258
Me too. I have it on PS4 too. It really is the sequel to Dark Souls. And people would love it.
>>
File: 1452367625358.jpg (142 KB, 1178x1149) Image search: [Google]
1452367625358.jpg
142 KB, 1178x1149
>>336006608
Blades of Mercy
Tonitrus
Castlevania cane

Saif favorite weapon in the game
HMS
>>
>>336016476
>mfw the game clicked at that moment and its now one of my GOATs
I love that feeling. It's happened a handful of times in my life but it's fucking amazing
>>
>>336016476
>no second DLC
>no sequel (it doesn't need one, really)
>Rehash Souls 3 will probably get 3 fucking DLCs again
I'm mad.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.