[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout4 opinion thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: J0wwQx9.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
J0wwQx9.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
Fallout4 opinion thread
>>
File: the truth hurts.png (166 KB, 955x1908) Image search: [Google]
the truth hurts.png
166 KB, 955x1908
>>336004176
>>
Mods will fix it
>>
Gameplay is the best. RPG mechanics are the worst.
>>
File: mods will fix it.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mods will fix it.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>>336005003
>>
>>336004176
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
>>336004176
Pros:
-the new quickloot menu thing, although it has already been modded into NV and Skyrim so meh

-good-ish shooting mechanics

Cons:
-literally everything else
>>
>>336005053
RPG mechanics are the gameplay
>>
>>336004176
Why do you need to make a thread for this dead horse? Fallout 4 has been discussed to death.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-28 22-28-53.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-28 22-28-53.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
>>336004176
What did Todd mean by this?
>>
My f4 experience.

>Oh cool this is slightly more polished
>wow this wheel sucks
>why would they ignore all the shit that worked so well in NV
>fuck this settlement shit is tedious
>all these crafting options really don't add much to the game
>5 hours in and everything new has worn off and I have no motivation to touch this game ever again
>thank god I didn't buy this
>>
ASHES GO HOME
>>
Why is the replay value in F4 so shit?

I could sink hundreds of hours into Oblivion or even Skyrim, but this just feels so fucking boring after one playthrough, there's literally nothing new to do, no new playstyle to try, nothing. Doesn't help that all my choices generally lead to the same outcome.
>>
File: 1449914762044.png (208 KB, 856x756) Image search: [Google]
1449914762044.png
208 KB, 856x756
>Do the intro mission for my friends the Minutemen
>Preston gives me a mission
>"Fine, I'll do it Preston, but only because I like you"
>Do mission, go back to Preston
>Get another mission
>"Okay friend, I'm here to help you out"
>Get even more missions
>He starts sending me to places that I already cleared
>Think he's going nuts, but play along anyway
>He was right, there were indeed new monsters in the same spots
>Help him out for hours and hours
>Wake up in hospital bed surrounded by my parents and a bunch of doctors

I wasn't allowed to play Fallout 4 after that. I hope my friend Preston is okay
>>
>>336006838
Nice greentext, really funny.
Screencapped this for the folks over at Reddit.
*thumbs up*
>>
>B-BUT THE GAMEPLAY IS BETTER
I don't get you fags. It's literally the fucking same as in 3/NV.
The game plays exactly the same, maybe a little more fluid and with better graphics, but for some reason everything looks fucking greasy and shit so it doesn't matter, it actually looks worse than modded NV if you ask me.

Not to mention it's barely has any RPG elements and if you want to play an FPS, it's fucking subpar as fuck. A "jack of all trades, shit at all of them" you could say.

Fucking FarCry 3 is a better RPG/FPS than Fallout 4. Has pretty much the same amount of "RPG elements" and superior gunplay.

The only thing I like about F4 was power armor, that's it.
>>
>>336004176
I'm waiting to play it until it becomes a sex simulator like Skyrim
>>
>>336004176
Sarcam
>>
File: 1433751267481.jpg (45 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1433751267481.jpg
45 KB, 554x439
>>336004176

Just finished every ending earlier after dicking around with settlements for.....too long (oh I built all these nice buildings and yeah, ok just stand in the same spot for the next month, no it's fine). Institute did nothing wrong, and I'm the fucking captain commander of every faction but someone needs to die. Can't I compromise with myself or am I too bloodthirsty to let me go that easily? There were several large scale battles where I was just walking by while someone occasionally stopped to say hello. Really wish there was a Yes Man option in this one.
>>
Fuck it, I liked it. Bethdesda have been slowly stripping away RPG elements since Morrowind, so the lack of RPG shit was not unexpected. The world is fun to explore and with the the new survival mode its actually kinda hard now, not that hard mind you, but a bit of challenge.
>>
PRE

WAR

VERTIBIRDS
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.