[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txf Q79-D1lk >That level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: doom-cover-art.jpg (446 KB, 1400x797) Image search: [Google]
doom-cover-art.jpg
446 KB, 1400x797
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxfQ79-D1lk

>That level design
>Secrets everywhere
>That combat

This looks fun as fuck
What is everyone crying about?
>>
>>336002980

Oh please, like you don't know the answer to that question already. You could be a bit more creative with your OPs, trying to bait with feigned ignorance has really gotten old.
>>
>>336002980
I still think the glory kill system is garbage.
>>
>>336003931
You can ignore that cant you
I mean its not ideal but i often ignore bullshit in modern fps games such as in shadow warrior or TNO to make it more fun
>>
People who spent too much time playing arena shooters and original game are butthurt because it's the game they wanted.
>>
>>336003292
I honestly don't

Please tell me the legitimate flaws people see in this game other than neckbeards whining it's not a 100% identical copy of Doom 1
>>
What level design? You mean the same corridor->arena->corridor progression that every other recent "totally old school, guys" FPS had? This one even seems to add non-combat areas for some reason. Padding, I guess. There's like two minutes where all he does is follow an apparition and shoot one defenseless zombie. Compelling game design.

You don't play an original Doom level and make an observation "this area's designed for combat" like the IGN guy in that video did. The whole level is supposed to work as a single whole. There's no inter-room combat in this game. It's like everything beyond the corridor or arena you just left becomes irrelevant.
>>
>>336004045
The fact that monsters will glow to cue you in for it doesn't help. Really hope theres an option to disable that.
>>
>>336004218
>I honestly don't

So you're telling me that
you follow the news about DOOM
you browse /v/
you know that there are people on /v/ who dislike the game
yet somehow, some way, you don't know what their complaints are?

Fuck off. And take your awful bait with you.
>>
File: Doom V6.png (3 MB, 1543x5500) Image search: [Google]
Doom V6.png
3 MB, 1543x5500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2gQQUjx3j8&ab_channel=JackJones
>>
File: pd4.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pd4.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Why won't they make another objective based spy stealth FPS?
>>
>>336003931
First minute the guy says you can turn them off. I think Im in.
>>
>>336004437
Isn't Deus Ex the closest thing to what you describe?
>>
>>336004510
Wow, how did I not hear that the first time. Alright, that sounds good, then.
>>
>>336004524
Deus Ex is too much of an RPG and it's not really objective based

not far off though
>>
>>336004524
>>336004437
There's also No One lives Forever (but stealth is kinda optional).
>>
>>336004437

Godamn perfect dark was so good. Why did the 2nd one have to be so bad.
>>
>>336002980
Looks a lot better than the garbage multiplayer. But I doubt it'll be the perfect sequel we've all been waiting for. I expect it'll be a 7-8/10 kind of game at the most.
>>
>>336004437
Really wish this was on PC. I'm aware I can use an N64 emulator, but I want native keyboard+mouse controls.
>>
>>336004402
>Really hope theres an option to disable that.
You can disable pretty much every HUD element separately. Glowing, hints, quest compass, XP popups, the overdesigned crosshair.
>>
File: thefuck.jpg (66 KB, 470x368) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.jpg
66 KB, 470x368
Is there any KB+M footage? Looks like shit with that thumb wagglan.
>>
>>336004931
>but I want native keyboard+mouse controls.
>I want to make the game piss easy in a way that it was never designed for
>>
File: pd3.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pd3.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>336004931
Keyboard/mouse hacks do exist but some of them are filled with viruses so you gotta watch out.

PD really pushed the N64 way too hard. BTW these are actual console captures.
>>
File: DOOM - IDSOFTWARE.png (18 KB, 780x157) Image search: [Google]
DOOM - IDSOFTWARE.png
18 KB, 780x157
>>336002980
i'll just leave this right here
>>
>>336005039
Its difficult to demo games with kbm.
>>
>>336004360
>"this area's designed for combat"
I fucking hate this shit. People praise The Last Of Us' level design even though you can tell where there's going to be combat because suddenly there are waist-high walls everywhere.
>>
>>336004853
Console shooters were generally fine during the late 90's and early 00's. I'd say it wasnt until the 360/PS3 era that was when console shooters started going full retard.
>>
It's obvious they really want to compete with the cawadooty console crowd and nothing but sheer bitching has changed their design choices.

It looks okay. With some more community whining, it might even look good.
>>
>>336002980
Mna, i'm loving this, so i won't watch the whole thing so i'll have more fun when it's out.
>>
>>336005043
Perfect Dark would just need Enemy AI tweaks, and it'd be fine.

Goldeneye probably would need a lot more changes, though.
>>
>>336004418
tfw doomrpg is in dev hell and 2 of the devs have dropped it completely
such a shame
>>
I wasn't even a big doom fan since I didn't play it until 2008 or some shit; but this honestly looks dull as fuck.

Are 343 halos really so bad that people want this?
>>
I've had friends repeatedly say wow that looks like halo/COD but I played the multiplayer and it felt literally nothing like either of those games.

I've asked for a genuine comparison to Halo or COD before and I never got one
>>
>>336002980

I must say that this looks much better than the previous material. I like that it's dark and yet colorful. It's probably not going to be a masterpiece that will revolutionize the FPS genre but I can see having fun playing through it.

The game still feels a bit off to me but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just not gory enough. Some of the "glory kills" are pretty gruesome but I expected to see some disturbing stuff in the environment.
>>
>>336005075
Honestly, I don't know why you guys keep reminding us about this. It doesn't mean the game isn't going to be fun. In fact, it's going to be one of the greatest FPS games out on the market. Gonna love the tears of you /v/irgins when this game gets 10/10 and GOTY awards later.
>>
>>336005694
>I expected to see some disturbing stuff in the environment.
I suppose hell is a bit archetypal
>>
>>336005805
sit the fuck down
It does look fun to me too, but I wouldn't go calling it a fucking masterpiece on a whim
>>
>>336004045
Not sure what you mean by ignore. You can turn off the glory kill glowing indicator but you can't turn off the "press button to kill"-mechanic. It's a part of the game where you need to do this in order to get health when there is no medkit around.
>>
>>336005916
you dont need to execute enemies to get health drops
>>
>>336005830

Well towards the end of the video they play in a catacomb-like environment and it looks super generic. Feels like it could've been a Tomb Raider level. I would expect a Doom level to be a lot more gory and unsettling.

The level design looks pretty decent though.
>>
The weapon models too big,
Levels cluttered with useless shit,
Movement dynamics like any other modern shooter,
Aesthetically boring.
>>
>>336005916
then git gud so you don't need it

it literally is optional unless you're a shitter, and it's not the only health you can get in the game
>>
File: Replay-2016-04-23-0334-20.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Replay-2016-04-23-0334-20.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336005049
Love me some future guns.
>>
File: 1363330152567.jpg (32 KB, 466x520) Image search: [Google]
1363330152567.jpg
32 KB, 466x520
>>336006058
okay, I'll think about it
>>
>>336006058
So every other modern shooter has double-jumping and ledge climbing?
>>
i all want is just centered view-models as an option
shit's not doom without it
>>
>>336004931
The 360 port isn't too bad, it has a better framerate and supports 1080p. That is provided you have a 360, if not they can get pretty cheap now at least.
>>
>>336006462
>>336006536
Didn't Titan Fall and new CoDs have double jumps and wall running?

I am just saying that the new DOOM isn't catching my attention.

This on the other hand looks much more interesting to me, but that could be personal bias. And I guess I am a hypocrite because you can level the same criticisms I had of doom to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kub5vOaT0V8
>>
>>336007118
I'm only interested in Deathwing because EYE had some good shooting.
>>
>>336004402
They said you can disable it, but I'm not sure whether they meant you can disable the highlighting, or if you can disable the glory-kill system altogether.

I hope it's the latter.

I'm still in wait-and-see mode about this game, but so far it looks like an improvement over generic console FPS, at least (in terms of vertical movement and exploration).
>>
>>336005049
I liked the way enemies reacted to getting shot in this game and Goldeneye. I don't seem to see that kind of thing in many other games, especially with the dozens of animations for location-specific damage.

Soldier of Fortune 2 was pretty cool in a similar way. Someone should do something new and worthwhile with that IP.
>>
>>336005092
How so?
>>
File: Doomguy-chan.png (7 KB, 259x184) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy-chan.png
7 KB, 259x184
>>336002980
>Every kill is a heal
>Mobs either jump from out of sight or TP in because consoles can't handle more than a few enemies at the same time
>Enemies just look when you glorykill their buddies
Welp, so much for proper health management.
>Chainsaw is an ammo generator
>With the exception of the Lost Soul and Caco (because they fly), enemies all look the same from a distance
>>
>>336007118
The meme with Deathwing is complaining about Gav Thorpe, not the level design.
>>
>>336007603
Because then all the console babbies get turned off by the "twitch movements" and get motion sick.
>>
File: Lo Wang.jpg (112 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Lo Wang.jpg
112 KB, 600x337
This looks better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIikukPw9f4
>>
File: TOOT.jpg (312 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
TOOT.jpg
312 KB, 581x542
>>336002980
>encountering mancubus
>"what is that?"
>"i think it was a hell knight"
guess the hell knight ate too much pudding then.
>>
>>336007603
Probably talking about how slowly panning and dollying around shows off the game world better, like smooth Steadicam footage, rather than jittering and jumbling around with a high sensitivity mouse and 360 no-scoping enemies. Maybe many games are so slow these days so they look better to show off as demos. Marketing is an incredible huge aspect of almost any industry.
>>
>>336007213
They meant highlighting.

>>336007563
In the original Far Cry enemies flinch depending on where you hit them. I think it's an extension of the ragdoll system.

You can see it here due to a gitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoNOhePOMAM
>>
File: chainsaw ruined.jpg (43 KB, 1385x203) Image search: [Google]
chainsaw ruined.jpg
43 KB, 1385x203
They fucking ruined one of my favorite weapons in the game by reducing it to a glorified QTE button.
>>
>>336007650
>The healing is barely noticeable, like less than 5 points
>Already shown areas with more than 10 enemies at the same time
>Glory-kill animation is less than 1 second
>Chain-saw attacks are extremely limited and are part of the combat strategy and ammo management
>What are Mancubus, hell knights, etc.?

Back to the /vr/ Doom general with you
>>
>>336008053
>>Glory-kill animation is less than 1 second
I think that's only if you upgrade their speed.

I also think /vr/ reaction to D44m was somewhat-positive since they are aware they can actually play Doom 1/2 if they want to play a game that plays exactly like Doom 1/2.
>>
>>336004045
The game looks like it's balanced around it, enemies are just giant bullet sponges if you don't press X to instantly kill them
>>
>>336008053
are you on a payroll to shill or something?

the game is clearly a pile of hot shit, you are not fooling anyone
>>
>>336008027
Yeah, even as a pretty big advocate of D44M, this one pissed me off a little.
>>
>>336008159
I'm guessing one or two more shots to those staggering zombies would end them.
>>
I'll be honest, this is starting to look fucking amazing.
>>
>>336008232
I admit I was half-trolling, but seriously the game doesn't look that bad. Not something to be remembered, most definetly not GOTY, but it looks way better than Doom 3 already, and a small step in the right direction. Later levels, when the amount of shitters goes down and you are mostly fighting Mancubus and the like seem challenging and fun. Level design also appears to be more in line with what a 3D Doom game would be.
>>
File: 1385988921170.jpg (9 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
1385988921170.jpg
9 KB, 299x293
>>336008138
Yeah /vr/'s been pretty level headed about it. Stark contrast from /v/'s rampant shitposting.

It's funny how easy it is to spot a /v/ shitposter on /vr/. It's also sad how many of them are shitting up the board now whining about the retro cut-off date.

The fact that he implied /vr/ is being unreasonable about Nu-Doom proves he's shilling. As if you needed any, but still- it's amusing to me how transparent they are.
>>
>>336002980
won't be the worst thing ever but it's got problems
>every time you press a button it takes you out of the game for a second
why the fuck do they do this doom 3 had interactive screens that worked perfectly fine
>>336003931
>>336004045
marty said you can turn them off but in reality the game is balanced around that particular mechanic see >>336008027
>>
It doesn't look like DOOM, it just kind of looks like Brutal DOOM. The glory kill shit is awful, and don't tell me you can turn them off, you can only turn the glow off.

The music is pretty good though. I'm sure some people will enjoy it, but this is not an old-school shooter. It's a new-school shooter trying to pander to the old-school crowd on the side to rake in some extra dollars. I can't believe some people are falling for it.
>>
>>336008593
I think it looks like a cool modern shooter, I just don't like modern shooters. Some folks will enjoy it, I'm largely just annoyed that they are pretending that this should appeal to old-school fans.
>>
>>336008593
He could've been also one of those people who assume things without checking them.

>>336008620
>It's a new-school shooter trying to pander to the old-school crowd
That's not terrible if you don't mind new-school shooters.
>>
>>336008593
I said go back to /vr/ because he posted an image straight from the previous doom general in /vr/.
>everyone that disagrees with me is a shill
Don't be so insecure
>>
>>336008770
It's the act of pandering that annoys me. There's nods in the game to the old-school, but they're basically just lip service. It annoys me.

I could probably enjoy it more if it was like Shadow Warrior. I get kind of an old-school flavor with it, but I never played the original like I did with DOOM. I really don't think the single player looks awful (the multiplayer does, though), but it doesn't look great either.
>>
>>336008912
Shadow Warrior was ok but holy fuck was it linear.
>>
>>336008912
A shooter is a set of its mechanics. No reloading, carrying all the guns is an old-school mechanic. Double-jumping... I actually don't know, can't remember an old-school game with that? RPG elements are distinctly new-school. Arena combat design is neither, it's something Sam games done since their inception. Diverse set of monsters - something that can be called old-school, sadly. No iron-sights - decidedly old-school. I like some of those mechanics, don't like some (for example, I always liked reloading in my FPS, there's potential for some cool animations here, people!). For me, positives outweigh the negatives here. I'm especially excited for large variety of monsters, a good set of monsters is one of the best things and FPS can have, IMO.
>>
Yeah, it's looking pretty shit, sorry Todd.
>>
>>336009174
It doesn't have a large variety of monsters, though. They all look like dog shit from what I've seen. Maybe I haven't seen enough.

It just doesn't feel right. I really think it all comes down to the glory kills. The animations are kind of cool I guess, not my thing but they put work into them. But they're so stupid mechanically. You snap to the monster, an animation plays (instead of you doing a thing), and you kill it instantly after one bullet. Come the fuck on. That would be fun as a Berserk mode only thing, but the fact that it's just what you do completely ruins the game.
>>
>>336006136
It's a retarded concept. Why should people try to "fix" a mediocre game to make it good when almost everyone has a humongous backlog.
>>
>>336007860

Shadow Warrior 2 looks just as bad.

>enemy health bars
>randomized areas in levels
>borderlands loot
>4-5 enemies on screen that are all bullet sponges
>they made wang even less racist than the last game
>they replaced the demon voice with an annoying womans voice

No thanks.
>>
>>336008912
>It's the act of pandering that annoys me.
Watching the dev stumble in the stream about the story was pretty hilarious

>Oh here is an exposition segment
>Well that doesn't mean we focus on the story! Doom is all about killing demons, hehe
>But still there is some lore and we worked pretty hard on writing a coherent plot
>Though we didn't try THAT hard, because we know Doom fans just want to kill stuff

It's stuff like this which makes me heavily dislike the devs. It's too obvious they are faking excitement and following a studied set of rules. Every time the story comes up he follows the same pattern. Also the constant "oh this looks amazing" comments from the reporter every time a new glory kill happens.
>>
>>336002980
the only thing that has me intrested is the fact that you can unlock Doom 1 and 2 levels by finding secrets.

i hope you can unlock Every level for both
>>
>>336009328
It has pretty much all the monsters from Doom 2 (sadly, no arachnotron or pain elemental) and I think some more. Which is a fucking lot. And I like the redesigns, well, mostly, mancubus looks shitty and cyber is meh. I also liked most Doom 3 redesigns, which these ones look very inspired by.

>you kill it instantly after one bullet
You need to take away most of their HP for that kill. The thing is, zombies and imps are pretty weak so you can execute them after one shot (or just shoot them again).

>>336009391
My only problem with SW2 is forced co-op with co-op players replaced with AI if you play it alone.
>>
>Everyone trying a praise/criticise a game that they haven't even played
Holy shit just stop
>>
>>336009391
Borderlands loot is cool, but not in Shadow Warrior.
>>
>>336002980
You are on /v/. We hate all games equally. You must be a new user here.
>>
>>336009501
I don't like any of the redesigns, I think they look like dog ass. I guess that's the problem. They all look the same to me.

Fair enough on the second point, but I still don't like the system.
>>
>>336002980
>HIGHLIGHTS TO QTE

garbage
>>
File: 1388136098630.png (293 KB, 405x595) Image search: [Google]
1388136098630.png
293 KB, 405x595
>there's a perk that makes it so performing a glory kill makes you run faster for a while
>they show it off
>mfw that speed actually makes the game look way fucking better and should have been the default speed to begin with
>mfw if I want to play at the speed for a few seconds at a time I'll have to actually go around doing glory kills that interrupt the gameplay
SUCH A SIMPLE FUCKING THING WOULD HAVE MADE THIS GAME SO MUCH BETTER, HOW CAN YOU FUCK UP SUCH A SIMPLE CONCEPT THIS FUCKING BADLY?
>>
>>336009507
moron
>>
>>336009585
Fair enough. I wouldn't want to play an FPS either if I didn't like any visuals in it.
>>
>>336009174
Variety of monsters means nothing if it is not attached to good gameplay. The thing about Doom (and the extended roster of Doom 2) was that all monsters had a very specific role which adapted perfectly to the way the game worked. Pinkies by themselves are kind of harmless, but if you add some hitscanners behind then you are in trouble because the pinkies can tank the damage you are making while the hitscanners chip away your health.

In D44M the low-tier enemies look very, very same-y with no strategy involved in killing them, and the high-tiered ones seem to be the same but with more health.
>>
>shoot zombie
>just staggers and waits for you to either shoot it again or do a glory kill

Just make them die with the first shot if they're no longer going to pose a threat to the player. It's like they designed the game to be entertaining to show off but when you actually think about playing the game and having to do the same thing the demonstrator is doing 100x times throughout the game it looks fatiguing.
>>
>>336007860
>>336009391
Actually this looks cool as fuck, other than the awful woman who's there for no reason. Apparently you can turn off the HUD stuff but I personally like the health bars.

This looks way more like a video game that you actually play instead of just watching a bunch of stupid fucking melee takedowns.
>>
>>336009868
I'm not sure that "completely harmless unless you use it in a very specific way" is a terribly good game design. Pinkies, eh, they're OK in some cases but too often they felt like waste of ammo. They're good in a circular ambush.

Anyway, the only completely pointless monsters I've seen in D44m are zombies. They look cool... but then they are slow, die in one pistol shot and are basically ammo dispensers. Imps are okay - they throw fireballs, they jump around, they run at you or sometimes away from you. Pinkies are armored from the front and have an exposed back, so you dodge the charge and shoot them in the ass. I'd like them to be faster, though, currently they seem too easy on their own.
>>
>>336009501
>My only problem with SW2 is forced co-op with co-op players replaced with AI if you play it alone.

Wait, really? Is there a source on this. Because that sounds retarded.
>>
>>336009501
>My only problem with SW2 is forced co-op with co-op players replaced with AI if you play it alone.
that's one more nail to its coffin for me, alongside with the procedurally generated maps and RPG-tier damage numbers and level-up systems (again).
>>
Is it just me or is something missing here:

https://youtu.be/TxfQ79-D1lk?t=1650

I mean, it's supposed to be a big nice looking set-piece but it looks so bland. I don't mind the game's graphics overall but that part looks worse than some of the parts in Doom 3 (like Alpha Reactor).

>>336010321
I think they said it in the very first video they shown?
>>
>>336010321
Nothing else about this game has turned me off but holy shit that sounds idiotic, what?
>>
>>336002980
I jumped forward throughout the video trying to find something interesting and all i got was:
"This is actually a uhhh"
"This is actually a ummm"
"This here is actually uhhh"
>>
>>336009629
it's Bethesda. Dunno why people expected anything better.

This shit is literally Call Of Destiny: Doom RPG edition.
>>
I like how they at least give you the option to turn the NuDoom features (glory kills, highlights, upgrades, runes) off. Nu fans can play how they want to, and I can play how I want to.
>>
>>336002980
As someone who is old enough to actually have played the original at the release i will say i like what im seeing here

Its not perfect, the small focus on narrative is disappointing and the game seems to have little down time while yo fight constantly but overall it looks good
I really love the doom 3 aesthetics, i like the game and i always thought they went too little into horror not too much, people are afraid of change but yet somehow they would never buy an upscale old rehash

As for those claiming doom 1 and 2 were faster, fuck you kids, nobody who ever played the original game can say this
Playing on a keyboard with no mouse controls and with a weak ass fucking hardware that barely ran the game you spend most time running around and navigating looking for secrets rather than shooting shit 24/7

My only regret this isnt more fps/rpg hybrid inspired, deus ex etc. with more need for navigation and exploration
Gameplay wise looks good, i will have to disable stagger highlight but i do like the idea of enemies dropping ammo and health packs, an oldschool concept that helps you keep the flow of a fight without the modern regenerating health gimmick
I also lie how they did the chainsaw, an insta kill equipment regeneration that you have to look for fuel for

After mediocre multiplayer i was worried, but now i will buy it at release
>>
File: Doom mouse shareware.png (14 KB, 637x473) Image search: [Google]
Doom mouse shareware.png
14 KB, 637x473
>>336011274
>with no mouse controls
I know your whole post is bait but I just can't left that particular part unbitten.
>>
>>336011274
This is definitely slower than the old games, at least playing it today.
>>
No game comes close to Ultimate Doom or Doom 2. Not Duke, not Strife, not Wolf not RoTT, not anything made after. Why would you set your expectations so high and then complain when they aren't met?
>>
>>336011413
>always run baby detected
>>
>>336011551
>not always running

Ok, now I KNOW you're baiting. Fuck off dipshit.
>>
>>336002980

6/10 at best, but since its masquerading as a Doom game, it's a 5/10.
>>
>>336011621
This. The game would be an at least passable shooter if they weren't pretending it was Doom.
>>
>>336011373
And kiddo, did you even bother to check what the mouse did in doom 1?
It moved you forward, yes, it moved your character not moved your head around

It was awkward and confusing at best and borderline unplayable at worst
>>
>Actual Doom veterans like it
>People who played Doom for the first time recently hate it
/v/ never changes
>>
File: fucking nothing.jpg (27 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
fucking nothing.jpg
27 KB, 290x350
>>336011756
>le unplayable
novert
>>
>>336011875
A lot of people who recently got into it are too obsessed with those shitty gameplay mods.
>>
>>336012020
A lot of people that played Doom recently for the first time did it with Brutal Doom no doubt.
>>
>>336011875
My favourite part is, without doubt, people who say Doom 3 was "spooky", "tense", "original" and "a proper Doom game".
>>
>>336011954
yeah, ane when it was made?
eh?
at release?
was it in widespread use even later?

another proof you are some fucking child who never played the game back in the day
everybody played with a keyboard
>>
>>336012294
>everybody played with a keyboard
fucking Romero played it with a mouse and he developed it for a mouse
>>
>>336012250
I remember when you were allowed to hate Doom 3. I still hate that piece of shit.
>>
>>336002980

>Skyrim shill threads 24/7
>They stop the day the Fallout 4 trailer drops
>Suddenly nothing but Fallout 4 shill threads
>Fallout 4 shill threads 24/7
>They stop the day the Doom trailer drops
>Suddenly nothing but Doom shill threads
>Doom shill threads 24/7

Bethesda needs to hire a better viral marketing company, these people are way too fucking obvious.
>>
>>336004853
>even though their controls are well suited to the slower, deliberate pace of spy games.

They're still objective shit and will never be anything but objective shit.
>>
>>336012391
I don't even hate it. I think it's kind of bad, though, but I still liked it.

>>336012395
>>Fallout 4 shill threads
Even FO3 babbies disliked FO4, I don't think I've seen a single positive thread about it on /v/.
>>
>>336012337
Fucking romero made daikitana lel
Still, he dosnt the gaming population make, it only matters how normal players played it not how he did
>>
>>336012517
>I don't think I've seen a single positive thread about it on /v/.

Well then congratulations on just finishing your first month on /v/, how are you enjoying our community?
>>
>>336012250
doom 3 being bad doesn't stop it from being compared favourably to this piece of garbage cash-in because it actually tried to do something and wasn't a designed by committee space-cod with every single design element ripped directly from another game
>>
I think it looks decent. id seems to be in a hard spot - to make a game with the name of the most recognizable FPS in history, to make it appeal to people who remember the old games and to make it appeal to kids born in 99+
There is no time to appeal to kids born in 99+ who pretend they remember old games though.

TNO was good. Last Serious Sam was good past first few levels. Shadow Warrior was alright. This one will also be alright
>>
>>336012395
literally everybody and their mum shat on fallout 4 here, what are you on about
>>
Wait, can you still punch shit with your fists in Doom 4 or is it just qte stuff now?
>>
>>336012583
Doom 3 tried to be a tech demo. A boring and bland one at that.
>>
>>336012517
>>336012627
>implying anyone forgot the thousands of "Did you preorder yet /v/?" threads
Kek shills
>>
>>336012250
I liked all Doom games
>>
>>336012719
Turn the glory kills off and you can hit stuff without a finisher
>>
>>336012754
>Turn the glory kills off
I don't think you can turn off for singleplayer.
>>
>>336012572
I've been here since like... uh... 2008, I think?

>>336012583
You're crazy, Doom 3 pretty much directly rips off Half-Life (the opening), System Shock (audio logs) and the only original idea there is the screen tech (which is neat, but not much more).

>>336012737
You mean the meme threads with shopped Todd pictures?
>>
Reminder that Todd Howard wants you to buy his friend's game.
>>
>>336012720
As a tech demo it was still really good. As a Doom game it was OK. As a System Shock game it was awful.
>>
>>336004437
You just reminded me of Butcher Bay
>>
>>336012754
You can't turn off the mechanic, just the color highlight. Also the chain-saw is just an animation and you can only use it limited times.
>>
I'm proud that there's almost no lel halo memes in this thread
>>
>>336012740
Wow fuck you, how dare you.
>>
>>336012720
>le techdemo may may
fuck off
it was long game with long ass campaign impressive groundbreaking tech and fun gaeoplay
>>
>>336012786
And it doesn't feel or play like the other games you mention while doing the things you listed. You're butthurt about nothing.
>>
>>336002980
2bh shadow warrior 2 is the game this wants to be. it's honestly just way too slow.

also the way that guy was playing in a lot of the videos was fucking retarded. he did all this unnecessary movement and gun switching when he really didnt have to just to make it look like it was fancier than it was when really he was just playing inefficiently and retardedly.
>>
>>336012250
Doom 3 was so boring. If I want a "spooky" shooter, I'll go play System Shock 2.
>>
>>336012923
Wait this some typical retard waltzes in telling you how it wasn't fun and you're just imagining things.
>>
>>336012923
It was boring as fuck. Crysis was a tech demo and fun at that. Doom 3 was slow and boring and nothing like the originals.
>>
>>336012934
>And it doesn't feel or play like the other games you mention while doing the things you listed
Yes, it feels worse. What a great game.
>>
>>336012885
What are you talking about? You can turn off the glory kills, it was stated in the gameplay stream
>>
>>336002980
Grumpy old anons are just sad that they're no longer the target audience anymore. Complain about kids and casuals ruining their games when they're the ones acting like children. It's just a video game, grow up already. It's not the first franchise to change its market, it won't be the last. This isn't the 90s anymore.
>>
>>336013067
They said you can turn off highlighting and you can "not do" glory kills. Nothing about turning them off, though.
>>
>>336004853
This has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of objective based stealth games whatsoever and you are just trying to instigate shit for no reason from an angle that makes no sense.

>>336004437
The market for those kinds of games is extremely tiny(Especially in the eyes of a publisher) and the masses generally wouldn't be interested because they hate stealth.
>>
>>336012583
I actually honestly think this looks better than 3. Thats not saying much, though.
>>
>>336012971
That's what happens when you play with a controller
>>
>>336012583
What the fuck are you talking about. Doom 3 WAS designed with check-lists in mind of what was popular at the time, and the only thing it tried to do was to have good lightning. And it succeeded, at the expense of gameplay with the retarded lantern mechanic. Every other aspect is ripped off from other games.

Doom 4 doesn't look specially innovative, but at least some of the things it copies are old-school mechanics (faster combat and enemies, focus on movement rather than taking cover, etc.). If you take out glory kills and the upgrade system it looks pretty decent.
>>
>>336008027
When I saw this I got sad
>>
>>336013057
Oh wow your argumentless opinion sure made an impression on everyone!
>>
>>336013118
Fuck, you're right. I just rewatched it. My bad.

It still doesn't bother me that much, because you can turn the highlight off. And after having played Serious Sam 3, it might not be that annoying who knows
>>
>>336013096
>g-grow up!
>t-this isnt t-the 90s anymore

Bahahaha
>>
>>336013162
>And it succeeded, at the expense of gameplay with the retarded lantern mechanic
are you one of those duct tape flashlight retards as well?
>>
>>336008593
>Doom 4 SP might be okay
>Some modders are ripping Doom 4 weapons and putting them into classic Doom if you'd prefer the original style of monsters
>Probably won't take too long after official release for a Doom 4 mod like Bulletstorm Doom to come out
Everyone wins.
>>
>>336013096
>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>336013162
>it looks pretty decent.

Ok now we know you're a hired shill or a coon from reddit crossbrowsing fro epic memes. Get fucked.
>>
>>336013067
No you can't. Watch the stream again. Minute 8:00 to be exact, they say you can turn off the highlight and pretend that the mechanic doesn't exist. But it is there and there is no punching, it has been replaced with infinite pistol ammo.
>>
>>336013305
you are trying way too hard to fit in
>>
>>336013358
oh wow it's like my memes XDDD---D
:D:::DD
XXD::D
>>
>>336013346
There is punching but it's Berserk only.

Glory kills provide no bonus pinata rewards unless you equip a rune that increases one of the item types
>>
File: 1455087412154.gif (3 MB, 273x206) Image search: [Google]
1455087412154.gif
3 MB, 273x206
>>336002980
>What is everyone crying about?

>low enemy count
>enemies don't have a niche that changes what they can add to an encounter mixed with other enemies. (imps fight like they were ripped from doom 3)
>low weapon damage means the game is balanced around those retarded quick kill ammo pickups
>locations somehow manage to have less visual distinction than a 20 year old game with no Y-axis
>>
>>336013215
It doesn't bother me either, I was just correcting you. I do dislike that they give you a period of invulnerability. Getting more health out of those should be a reward already. I hope you can mod that away.
>>
>>336013305
Yeah fuck that guy, he's horrible for having an opinion.
>>
>>336013139
Not really. If I was playing with a controller I wouldn't be playing the way this idiot is playing the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i92rgRDT0lI

>all that exaggerated unnecessary inefficient movement
>all that excessive pointless weapon switching

has nothing to do with using a controller, he's just playing like an idiot trying to make it look much fancier than it actually has to be
>>
>>336013096
So because the gaming industry is shit now, we're not allowed to complain? What?
>>
>>336013123
>The market for those kinds of games is extremely tiny(Especially in the eyes of a publisher)

I'd hardly say so.

>and the masses generally wouldn't be interested because they hate stealth

But these specific games incorporate stealth in ways that are natural, optional and non-tedious. You don't have to wait around or specifically choose a stealth build or whatever, you just take advantage of the possibility whenever a good reason to use it arises.
>>
>>336013305
I think it looks decent, but not great.
>>
>>336013442
Well he's also horrible for browsing reddit.
>>
>>336013256
I don't care about real life consistency, just interesting gameplay. And having to switch to a lantern to see 1/5th of the screen was simply annoying.

>>336013305
"Decent" means 6/10 or 7/10 at most, a game you enjoy on your first playthrough and then forget about it. Stop shitposting.
>>
>>336002980
>All of these bullet sponge enemies
Pinkie should not take that many super shotgun blasts
>>
File: 1459604010925.jpg (279 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1459604010925.jpg
279 KB, 600x800
>>336002980
I fucking can't stand watching FPS's being played with controllers.

It makes me physically sick.
>>
>>336013567
>"Decent" means 6/10 or 7/10 at most, a game you enjoy on your first playthrough and then forget about it. Stop shitposting

A shill defending other shills. Are you getting paid double when doing this?
>>
>>336013550
Yeah he is, fuck that guy.
>>
>>336013567
the torch was one of the few things it did well. it made you vulnerable if you wanted to see what was going on. this was too scary for some people
>>
>>336013568
It doesn't if you aim for their weakspots.
>>
>>336013415
Yeah but berserk is temporary in this game. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with the melee combat, they "innovated" in the worst ways possible and made it extremely limited.
>>
>>336013568
It's Pinky, ffs. And he has armored front.
>>
>>336002980
>killstreaks
>glowing button mash crap
>Game literally stop so u can have a stupid finisher move that looks retarded
>demoing it on Ps4
modern id without carmack or romero is shit

modern id has been shit since 1996
>>
>>336013443
Hell looks like such a cartoon in this game. Something out of nickelodeon.
>>
>>336009501
>forced co-op with co-op
I've watched some of the gameplay footage and I saw no other co op players of any kind in the game.

I'm assuming its just a new mode.
>>
>>336013742
What the fuck?

>>336013745
Yeah, I think they might've changed that after the negative reception. Watched the recent videos and no AI players in sight. Good.
>>
>>336013737
>Return to Castle Wolfenstein
>shit
literally wrong
>>
>>336013515
>I'd hardly say so.
I mostly mean extremely tiny by comparison to what all publishers actually want.

Which is every single person that buys any sort of game. This is why games get made for everyone.

>But these specific games incorporate stealth in ways that are natural, optional and non-tedious
Casuals think stealth is tedious just by design.

>You don't have to wait around or specifically choose a stealth build or whatever, you just take advantage of the possibility whenever a good reason to use it arises.
Most players run in with YOLO SWAG playstyles.

Just look at achievement records for any sort of game with stealth, most players won't even bother.

Even if it's piss easy to do so.
>>
>>336005119
As someone who played TLoU on release yeah the combat was terrible

Naughty dog where so up their ass and the zombies ai was horrible.
>>
>>336013716
>See Berserk for the first time
>Lasts about 20 seconds at most
Pretty shit.

I like the shotguns and HMG though
>>
>>336013849
Gray Matter Interactive, also known as Xatrix.
>>
Why are developers STILL doing this 2-color design a decade and a million jokes/parodies after Gears of War?
I honestly don't get it. Do people like this boring ass look?
>>
>>336013616
No I'm the same person. The game doesn't look like something I would disliked to play, which is the best I can say for modern shooters.

Also by your definition like half of the /vr/ doom population are "paid shills" for not automatically hating every single aspect of nu-Doom. Stop shitposting.
>>
>>336013964
>Gray Matter Interactive
the fuck you on about
>>
>>336013489
It's fine. You're just not adapting to it. The industry is the greatest it has ever been. We have more variety than ever before, the best technology available, and now we're exploring VR. You have a wide international Indie market, more AAA devs, more purchasing options, more genres than we had 20 or 30 years ago. You guys are lying to yourself if you're saying the industry is shit. You just don't like where it's headed. That's just you and your clique. The rest of the community is enjoying it. If they didn't like games now, then they wouldn't be buying them.
>>
>>336011875
this is not true
>>
>>336013515
It's a waste of development resources to create something they are aware the majority of people will outright ignore.

Seriously step into the mind-frame of a penny-pinching suit before you try to rhetoric-ize about any of this shit.
>>
I'll just watch Seamus play it when i comes out.
>>
>>336014045
People who made Return to Castle Wolfenstein, id only provided them with the engine.
>>
Doom 3 levels look better designed to be honest
>>
>>336014116
the fuck it has to do with 2 colors?
you wut mate
>>
That map looked pretty cool and big.
>>
>>336014205
I assumed he misquoted because there's nothing about GMI in the post he links to.
>>
desu old doom is pretty boring. you just go around activating switches. killing enemies happens exactly the same way every time. At least now the graphics are better, there's more variety in combat, and now you can play as the demons. don't understand what this meeme is where people want games to stop advancing. it's like people who defend halo 1 or 2 but shit on halo 5. i tried going back and playing halo 1 and 2, and its boring. its slow/sluggish, the weapons are generic, and theres no variety. it was only good when it came out because there was nothing like it before then. but thats not the case anymore. look at all the new modes and mechanics in halo 5, its impossible to not have more fun in that game, even if 343 shat all over the lore and writing. it's just the le rose tinted le goggles, admit it.
>>
>>336009629
If it's already in the game then probably won't take too long for someone to mod it in.
>>
>tech levels are dark laboratories/storage rooms
>Hell levels are dark caves

Can Doom 3 be blamed for this?
>>
>>336014398
>old doom is pretty boring.
neo /v/ get the fuck out

This game presents itself as a oldschool shooter yet is really nothing like one.

its a bastardized hybrid turd that needs a hardcore mode or can fuck right off
>>336014508
doom 3 and half life 2 can be blamed for everything wrong with todays games, they where just ahead of the curve.
>>
>>336013287
>IT'S NOT THE CURRENT YEAR
"You forgot a period at the end of your sentence, therefore your entire argument is invalid."

That is what you're saying.

One error does not automatically invalidate everything that was said. Stop this meme.
>>
>>336014595
>needs a hardcore mode or can fuck right off
Well the said one of the difficulties has perma-death
>>
>>336014249
yeah, i have no clue how that quote got there to be honest
>>
>>336014736
thats a little too much.

If only it didnt have checkpoint cancer and had quicksave instead
>>
>>336014864
How is that "more hardcore"? Quick-save makes the game way easier than checkpoint stuff.

I still agree with your sentiment though, check-points usually come hand-by-hand with linearity.
>>
>>336014864
How are you complaining that the game needs a hardcore mode, and then you turn around and ask for save scumming.
>>
>>336002980
Fallout 4 and Doom are so similar. it seems like modern western RPGs and FPS games have met in the middle with pointless challenges, mods and upgrades. it's a cheap way of making people continue to play; making them chase a kind of trophy/achievement
>>
>>336013443
this art style is like power rangers or some shit

doom 3 may have sucked but at least visually the game looked great
>>
>>336014632
>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR
"You are not allowed to have dissenting opinions on something I support purely because of the particular annum we find ourselves in."

This is what you're saying.

One year does automatically invalidate everything that was said. Stop this meme.
>>
>>336015564
>implying implications
>>
>>336013443
the music in this is just obnoxious
>>
>>336015656
>marketer tries to blend in with memespeak
>>
>>336014864
Quicksaving and Hardcore are not really related at all.

A hardcore mode IMO, would be remove the checkpoints and force you to restart the entire level. This is something you can even do in the original Dooms, btw.
>>
Wait for it to show up in bargain bin /10
It's Zenimax, so it'll be pricey as fuck for a long while.
>>
>>336008532
No nigger.
Doom 3 is more Doom than Doom 4.
>>
>>336017080
like clockwork
>>
>>336002980
> Those animations and sound effects for the shotgun

Fucking dreadful. When you fire the gun IU want to here an intimidating sound effect and for the gun to react accordingly. Looks like you're shooting a potato gun
>>
>>336017080
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>336017080
Jesus Christ fuck off. Doom 3 doesn't deserve this treatment. It was a mediocre game then, it's a mediocre game now.
>>
>>336016121
>6:39
I'm hearing metal, nigga. Whatchu talking about?
>>
>>336020456
It's shit, not metal
>>
>>336017080
I don't even like the look of doom 4, and disagree.
>>
>>336017080
I agree with you anon.
These Bethesda shills are in full damage control right now so don't even bother.
>>
>>336012923
Doom 3 is fucking horrible. I'm at a loss at ho people on /v/ of all places actually thought it was good.
>>
>>336021212
Fuck off, Activision shill
>>
>>336021212
>>336021327
Yeah fuck off. Doom 3 was fucking shit and it'll never be as good and BRUUTAL as this new DOOM.
>>
>>336021580
Nice try Tim Willits, you aren't fooling me.
>>
This game looks meh, but its even more depressing that people are now praising Doom 3. That game was no better.
>>
>>336021791
Agreed
>>
>people defending walk for 15 seconds and then fight 5 enemies and repeat: the game
>>
>>336007860

Definitely looks much better.

Things I noticed that make Shadow Warrior more of an arena shooter.

Speed. Doom is so fucking slow in comparison.

Gore. Doom despite having gibbing, lacks gore, blood, and guts.

Impact. The sword makes a satisfying SWING sound. The "Glory Kill" is just wimpy thud thud I barely fucking noticed.
>>
>>336022748
I'm glad it's possible to turn it off.
>>
>>336022863
you can't turn off glory kills. you can only turn off the orange and blue glows around enemies.
>>
>>336021791
doom 3 is useful to put into perspective how bad half-life 2 is
>>
>>336008027
But why would they do that, Wolfentein had the stabby stabby wars with the soldiers and it was fun, couldn't they just replicate that with the Chainsaw?
>>
>>336002980
Shit's darker than Doom 3
>>
/v/ I have a confession to make. I've only ever played the PS1 Doom.
>>
>>336002980
>start off fighting your way out of a bunker like structure and with no memory of why you're there

so, timeless incarnated enemy of the demons Doomguy that leakbro described is pretty much comfirmed then?
>>
>>336002980
Hey pachi.
>>
>>336023765
but thats a good version of the game. also, the ambient soundtrack in the ps1 version is terrific.
>>
File: 1328427187985.png (3 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1328427187985.png
3 KB, 142x138
>>336009391
>borderlands loot
How is that bad?
>>
>>336009391
You should just stop posting.

>>336007860
I hope this is early in the game, looks too easy.
>>
File: make a gun and shoot yourself.jpg (57 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
make a gun and shoot yourself.jpg
57 KB, 600x726
>month ago
>/v/ was shitting on Doom

>week ago
>/v/ was shitting on Doom

>literally a few days later
>WAAAAH FUCK YOU IT LOOKS GOOD JUST PLAY DOOM ENTITLED PISSBABY THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU!!!1!

Wow, its not even hard to detect that Bethesda is viral marketing right now
>>
>>336023765
Nothing wrong with that. I personally prefer the more ambient soundtrack and colored lighting used in the PSX Doom.
>>
File: lazy shig.jpg (61 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
lazy shig.jpg
61 KB, 640x420
>>336014074
Oh god fucking dammit.

>We have more variety than ever before, the best technology available, and now we're exploring VR
A gimmick

>You have a wide international Indie market
Hipster pixleshit roguelike or survival game

>more AAA devs
That produce shit even normies hate

>more purchasing options
PC or PS4, WOW!

>more genres than we had 20 or 30 years ago
LIKE FUCKING WHAT

>The rest of the community is enjoying it. If they didn't like games now
No, people like Angry Joe and Total Biscuit are calling the industry out for being just as shitty and gross as it is. Fuck off.
>>
>>336015656
But that was your arguement.
That because its no longer this time, we have to take it up the ass
>>
>>336008532
>but it looks way better than Doom 3
So because a game that came out a decade ago is shit, that means this is fun?
Thats like saying Sonic Lost World is good because its not Sonic 06

The gameplay looks fucking bad, and the entire thing is pandering to the modern audience. Level design doesn't mean shit when everything else sucks
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.