[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there be a Witcher 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: shed_character_lighting_02.jpg (100 KB, 1200x510) Image search: [Google]
shed_character_lighting_02.jpg
100 KB, 1200x510
Will there be a Witcher 4?
>>
>>335999448

Yes
>>
Depends on how much of 5 volumes was covered.
>>
>>335999448
Probably not for a good long while. And Geralt's adventures are apparently over according to what their CEO said. They are open to more Witcher games, though. Although that could be just forgettable side games like that Witcher Adventure thing.
>>
Yes with Ciri protagonists
Gotyay
>>
Lmao never beat Witcher 3. Is Ciri still alive? I want to play as her. She's fucking hot.
>>
I hope no
>>
>>335999448
I hope so, Geralt of Rivia is pretty hawt
>>
More hyped for Cyber Punk
>>
>>336000972

No, Ciri dies at the end.
>>
>>335999448
They have two games in plan CP77 and something else. I hope that something else is space RPG and not another Witcher game.
So yeah, maybe in 2021.
>>
>>335999448
They said that Geralt's story is over.

Future games from the universe are possible. Wouldn't be bad to get a mon-hun like co-op game, that would be fun.
>>
>>335999448

I hope they leave the universe alone for a long time. They basically went out on top.
>>
>>336001123
Please no. It's worse than making moba and not many things worse than that.
>>
>>336000964

Maybe it's because I haven't read the books bot to me Ciri seemed lite the most blatant Mary Sue ever.

>She has special powers no one else has
>And she's the chosen one.
>And she's the only woman who ever had witcher training.
>And she's the strongest fighter in the game
>And all the other character care deeply about her and treat her as the most important person ever.
>And she's a literal princess.
>And just look at how pretty she is!

And people complain about Rey from Star Wars...
>>
>>336000813
Considering it was all fanfiction set after the last book, I'd say 0%.
>>
>>336001181
Maybe you should read the books then. I don't understand why people play the games without having read the books, completely incomprehensible
>>
>>335999448
>Will there be a Witcher 4?

not for a long time. next game will be personal responsibility personal responsibility personal responsibility personal responsibility personal responsibility
>>
>next witcher game comes out
>completely unrelated to anything in the main story except maybe a few callbacks for fanservice
>they finally make it have really great combat
>but you wont get that combat system as geralt

would you be mad?
>>
>>336001123
>They said that Geralt's story is over.

sauce?
>>
>>336001254
>completely incomprehensible

then you'll find a light switch completely incomprehensible too
>>
>>336001297
Just google it for yourself you incompetent fuck.
I'm not your mother.
>>336001179
I woulnd't say so.
I'm not talking 1:1 mon-hun copy.
If handled well, it could be a great game, given all those beasts the universe possesses and the possible crafting. Given the lore, it could work very well.
>>
>>336001352
How does it feel like being retarded?
>>
>>336001181
Being a Mary Sue has more to do with how the character is portrayed than with their qualities.

Yes she's pretty and strong and unique and whatever, but the narrative mostly focuses on other characters, and she spends most of the time eating shit and fucking up. A Mary Sue is a character that is always shown in a flattering light.
>>
Maybe, but it's not going to feature Geralt and will be many years down the line if it ever happens. And while the devs love the series, it's also very apparent that they've had their fill of it and want to move on to new things. I'd also rather see them create new IPs, and rumors say that aside from Cyberpunk, they're thinking about making another fresh AAA RPG at some point.

I just wonder how long it will take before Cyberpunk 2077 is out the door. I want to hope for 2017, but it might very well much later. Hopefully they don't do the same mistake as last time and show off gameplay fucking years beforehand and make release dates they can't keep
>>
>>336001221
Really? Maybe I should play it then. First book was pretty shit.
>>
>a game where you play as Ciri
>teleporting all over the place and travelling different worlds
>made by CDPR and combat by platinum
>>
>>336001068
Really? A mature Xena sequel trilogy would've been fantastic. Oh well.
>>
there's not gonna be any more witcher games where you play geralt, but they haven't said if they're done with witcher games fully
>>
>>336001951
>Really?
no
>>
They'll just star pumping out some mobile bullshit and gwent games and fade into obscurity.
Cyberpunk never
>>
Wouldn't mind one set many years before, when there were still monsters and witchers all over the place, with some OC protagonist and characters
Or Vesemir prequel
>>
>>336000964
I would love a nilfgaard political simulator/intrigue rpg with Ciri.
>>
>>335999448
There will be Witcher sequel but not with Geralt
>>
>>336001951
>Xena
BARK BARK MARY SUE SQUAAAAWK MARY SUE

Just kidding. Sorry for being a faggot I look forward to a Ciri game more than Cyberpunk honestly.
>>
>>336001281
I'd be fine with a custom character replacing Gerald at this point. And a full focus on small-time witcher adventuring, from village to village, rather than any high politics or intrigue.
>>
>>335999448
Yes, but Geralt's story is (rightfully) over and you will take control of a new Witcher.

The best we can hope for is a Geralt cameo, which is fine by me as that man has seen and done enough shit in his life to deserve his happiness buttfucking Yen all day til Rag-nar-Roog come again.
>>
A young Vesemir prequel would be baller af.
>>
A witcher drinking simulator.
>>
A game with Ciri as the protagonist might be fun.
>>
>>336002384
How about Vezemir golden years? Who am I kidding the "i want muh original female elf witcher" mob will triumph.
>>
>>335999448
doubt it, cyberpunk is next and they are gonna focus on that im sure
>>
>>336001281
>>336002309

I dunno. I mean I love the idea of being a Witcher/creating a Witcher and all, but Geralt was just so awesome of a character. He was funny and quick, but not all emotional or edgy. His sarcasm and dad jokes made the game for me.

Would I play an OC Witcher? Of course.
Would I be mad? Probly not.
Would I be sad without Geralt? Definitely.
>>
File: Ciri is beautiful.jpg (568 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ciri is beautiful.jpg
568 KB, 1920x1080
>>336001181
You need to understand what a Mary Sue really is to realize that Ciri is far from that.

She's powerful, yes, and good at many things, but she also fucks up royally many a time and people have to bail her out (usually Yen or Geralt).

That being said, she's a great character (like pretty much ALL characters from this series) because she has a fleshed-out personality with flaws and relationships with other characters that go beyond "wow Ciri you are so great at everything that you don't need our help at all, but we'll still be here to feign importance so that you can continue to outshine us all!"

She's a young woman trying to discover who she really is and the responsibilities she carries and it is your job as her surrogate father to lead her and nurture that yearning so that she may become a strong independent adult, like any good parent would want.
>>
>>335999448
It's basically guaranteed. Witcher 3 was a massive success and its cd projekts bread and butter. I'm sure they projekt will start to explore other game types but the witcher series will be here to stay for many many years.
>>
>>335999448
>series prints money
>are they gonna make another one?
>>
>>336002878
cd projekt is fueled by passion, you burgerclaps wouldnt understand
>>
>wanting Ciri as a protagonist
>because you're an idiot
>>
>>336001181
She was too pathetic in the books to call her a Mary Sue.
The real problem with her is the retarded unicorns.
When she is in real danger they appear out of nowhere and save her.
>>
>>336002630
was that chop wood always that detailed?
>>
Ciri's story is finished too, you goofs.
>>
>>336002509

I'd really like to play as Letho.
>>
>>336001068
Only if you suck hard enough.
>>
>>336001181
Did you miss the part where you spend 90% of the game chasing after her fuckups?
>>
>>336003951
>Big guy no-survivors ship crashing assassination simulator
Sign me in
>>
>>336002495
Only if it comes with the option to summon the bitches.
>>
>>336001181

>HURR MARY SUE

How about you fucking check words before using them you stupid piece of shit
>>
>>336002962
Passion and money.
>>
>>336001181
In the books she's not a Mary Sue she just has a unicorn army of guardian angels.

She also can't ever use real magic besides her powers again because she used fire magic without knowing how to control it and it burned out her magic.

Her only real power is teleportation and time travel. She fucks up all the time in books.

The game doesn't portray her as a Mary Sue or the most powerful unless you consider that rule of cool sequence where she 1shot all the enemies as anything other than rule of cool. She's still inept at most things because she's not an 80yo better-than-all-the-others Witcher like Geralt or an 80yo top tier sorceress like Jennifer.
>>
>>336001068
what the fuck did you do? How could you let your daughter die, you monster?
>>
File: witcher3 2015-12-20 23-04-00-57.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-12-20 23-04-00-57.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
>>336002495
>>336004226
>Choose your team from over a hundred characters from the Witcher universe
>Use magick, potions and every underhanded trick you can think of to win
>but if your cheating is noticed you're disqualified
>use the Banter system to keep up your team's morale and insult your opponents
>but beware, a brawl might break out
>Can you out-drink the Wild Hunt?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.