[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PS4 and Xbone only released for a little less than three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1460307487975.png (141 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1460307487975.png
141 KB, 439x290
>PS4 and Xbone only released for a little less than three years
>already getting upgrades later this year
>technically superior than launch versions
>PS4 upgrade confirmed to run vidya in a superior mode called Neo Mode

What's /v/'s opinion on this? I've been out of the loop for a while.
>>
Seeing as there won't be "neo" exclusive games and devs will have to make sure their games work on both models, I don't really care. It's not a N3DS situation, so that's good at least.
>>
>>335998710
>gimp console at release
>sell peasants an "upgrade" that's only a software update to ungimp console
>win win
>>
It's what Nintendo always did with their handelds.

Spoiler alert: aside two games at best any upgrade has always been utterly useless.

Oh right, it's okay when Sony does it sorry.
>>
Please god video game market crash soon
>>
>buy a closed system
>be surprised when you get fucked over on upgrades
Wew lad
>>
File: 1445515006379.jpg (28 KB, 688x394) Image search: [Google]
1445515006379.jpg
28 KB, 688x394
"It's okay when Sony does it."

And they say the same about paying for online multiplayer.
>>
>neo mode will run fairly well
>regular mode will run the same as a Bethesda Softworks game on launch day
>Sony won't fo shit about this great disparity

Someone screencap this
>>
File: 1447339212619.png (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447339212619.png
48 KB, 500x500
>>335999092
>>
I actually believe you anon. It'll probably be true and a bunch of features will be straight up missing from the non-upgrade consoles.

At least I won't be tricked into buying microshaft or sjwny again.
>>
>>335998710
I've seen no comfirmations. Just lots of unsources web articles.
>>
>>335998710
were you not around for the PS3 slim? Or the PS2 slim? or the PSX? Releasing an objectively better version of the console after a few years is standard Sony procedure, since the R&D for the better console was paid for by those first few years of sales.

and before you ask, yes the slim versions had better hardware
>>
>>335998710
My opinion?

>A lot of underwhelming games this gen
>didn't put up with Nintendo's handheld upgrade bullshit, so I won't put up with this
>The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne were pretty good
>I'm 24
>played the last Metal Gear game made by Kojima, and I was disappointed
>I'm getting tired of all the bullshit industry practices
>frequent /v/ less and less
>frequent /fit/, /tv/, and /ck/ more
>started lifting again

Vidya had a good run, but this will probably be my last video game generation. I hope you all enjoy yourself, my brothers and sisters.

Keep fighting the good fights, and don't ever let the Jews keep you down.
>>
>>335999765
They didn't run games better. Just better cooling, startup time, and maybe loading times, but barely.
>>
>>335999864
People said they would. I'm not jumping to conclusions based rumors.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.