[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't beat this guy. I've been trying for days and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (479 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
479 KB, 1920x1080
I can't beat this guy. I've been trying for days and I still can't beat him.
>>
Bring a buddy
>>
>>335998138
Try harder.
>>
>>335998138
He was the first of many bosses that started making me realize that rolling around with huge a two-handed weapon was a mistake. I finished the game with two-handed anyway.
>>
>>335998138
bring friends
>>
>>335998319
Summoned two guys like 7 times and he still didn't die.
>>
>>335998686
Uh, no. You didn't beat Pontiff, Nameless King or Soul of Cinder with a slow weapon.

Go lie somewhere else.
>>
>>335998778
I did and it was really really painful, I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>335998778
Astora Greatsword kill reporting in. No shield. 5 tries, +5 weapon.

Just hold R2. Really viable when he starts cloning.
>>
I was disapointed by this fight.

Just spam roll. The second phase is easier, he becomes slower and his attack are easy to read. I was expecting a 2v1 fight but the clone just repeat the same attack. Weak as fuck sadly.
>>
I just beat him earlier today after like 30 tries. I feel like I could have soloed it with more attempts but on my winning attempt I brought the pale shade.

put on your best fire resist gear and use the crest shield that resists fire. stay close and continually try to circle around behind him while blocking. when he summons phantom try to kill it (he didnt re summon it on me, but some people were saying he will stop and summon it again. either way its free attacks if he does)
>>
Most of his combos can be avoided by dodging the first hit and walking around him after that. That should get you through the first stage easily. When he tries cloning himself just rape him, you'll take like half the clone's health who should then just bumrush. Once the clone is dead focus on the main Pontiff again and repeat as necessary.
>>
>>335998778

I've done Pontiff and Nameless King with a Zweihander successfully. I am pretty decent at the game though.

Have not yet faced Soul of Cinder.
>>
>>335998138
For me, the Curse Ward Greatshield made this fight go from hell to piece of cake.
Being able to use it properly while being under 70% load feels so good
>>
What's the point of it all.
>>
>>335998778
Exile Greatsword 2 hander here

Took a shitton of tries to beat Pontiff but it was manageable after he goes into second form

Soul of Cinder was easy since you can dodge everything really easily if you just keep your distance in his katana and Gwyn form

Haven't gotten to Nameless King yet, I'll probably save it for a second playthrough
>>
>>335999225
>using shields
>using summons
wooow
>>
>>336003568
video games are fun
>>
>>335998778
Does claymore count as slow? I beat pontiff first try with claymore and it wasn't that hard. Nameless took me 4 tries and cinder took 3.
You just have to be really patient with agressive bosses, even if you only get in one hit and then block/dodge.
>>
>>335999042
>Spam roll
>Spam anything
Yeah no doing anything mindlessly is only going to get you killed unless you're really lucky.
>>
File: 20160422233340_1.jpg (198 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160422233340_1.jpg
198 KB, 1680x1050
>>335998778
oh
>>
>>335998778
I beat the entire game with the greatsword, did pontiff in about 8 tries, did nameless on 3rd and cinder on 3rd try, the game really isn't that hard with the big weapons if you aren't a complete retard.
>>
OP here, I finally beat him, guys!
>>
>>336006478
Congrats. Now go have fun with Aldrich.
>>
>>335998778
Nameless King with Yhorm's great machete wasn't that bad.
>>
The Carthus Curved Sword is really nice, is the scaling from luck using Hollow Infusion worth it or should I just keep my Quality build?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.