[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: New_londo_ruins.jpg (490 KB, 1323x933) Image search: [Google]
New_londo_ruins.jpg
490 KB, 1323x933
Hey guys, can you give me some tips for the 4 kings? I opened up the path via the valley of drakes but I don't really want to have to keep going through the gauntlet over and over. I'm SL65.
>>
Hit them until they die.
Don't get hit, if your HP reaches 0 your character dies.
>>
>>335997051

Thanks for the useful advice, I appreciate it.
>>
roll roll attack
>>
Get havel's set and a fire damage weapon like queelag's furysword. Poisetank their shit, heal when necessary. optionally if you dont feel like cheesing the boss fucking git gud
>>
Try to get a damaging enough weapon to keep up with their spawn timers-- if you have more than 2 up at once it becomes a serious struggle
>>
Get cursed by a basilisk. It'll let you kill the ghosts more easily.
>>
>>335996426
Full Havel set
Stay close
Hit
Repeat
>>
>>335996426
Step 1: Equip Havels armour, all of it

Step 2: Get a +15 Weapon (+14 is also ok) by finding the Very Large Ember in New Londo and farming Darkwraiths for any chunks you might need.

Step 3: Don't even bother dodging, stand as close as possible and just mash r1. Tank the damage and heal when nesisary (you should have 20 Estus Flasks and you should have used at least 4 Firekeeper Souls to make it +4).

This works at level 1, poise is beyond overpowered in Dark Souls 1. Just stand there and take a beating, but since you won't ever be interrupted you can out DPS them and heal with impunity.
>>
>>335996426
Stick to them and circle around, use Havel shield.
>>
>>335997527
>>335997537
>Cheese the fight
I think anon wanted tips, not a free win
>>
man i'm having so much fun being a fucking shitter invading in anor londo. i'm using magic because i wanted to run through the game quickly and because magic does like 2k damage per soul spear.

>invade
>half the time host has a phantom
>use homing soulmass
>soulmass splits into two masses of 2 and 3
>kill either the host or phantom because each ball does 250-300 damage
>whoever is left gets soul speared

best one today
>invade some guy, he goes into the demon titanite room
>follow him in not knowing he had two phantoms that were coming in behind me
>demon kills him in two swings, soulmass breaks off after i turn around and kills the two phantoms
>>
>>335996426
>sl 65
lel

when they swipe roll into it and not away from it. same thing with the diagonal swipes. when they start charging their grab you need to move almost as soon as they start the animation. if they throw their magic at you tank it with your shield. if it's 2v1 the new one that spawned won't attack right away but if it's 3v1 then he will.
>>
There's a jump you can make near the house where ingward is that lets you jump straight to the boss fog gate, and the actual boss fight should be easy if you are doing it that late in the game. Just wear heavy armor and kill them, you should be able to just chug estus through any damage you take and kill them before you run out unless your damage is shit.
>>
>>335997637
ok then dodge their attacks and hit them afterwards like almost every other boss in the series
>>
>>335998081
>>335997537

I'm using a +10 Zweihander. Is that too slow, I have a +10 halberd as well.
>>
It's just a DPS race. I managed it without having to tank the hits, you just need to be able to do a lot of damage quickly so beef up your weapon as much as you can
Four Kings is definitely one of the worst boss fights in DaS1
>>
>>335996426

Hope they don't shoot that slow purple shit.
Hug the fuckers, go full dps.
Dodge roll into them.

gg
>>
These are my stats. I forgot I'm actually 69 not 65.
>>
>>336001215

And this is my current gear. Too fragile? The knight body is +3
>>
>>336001289
keep your equip load less than %25, you are fatrolling
>>
>>335997267
Ah yes I remember when poisetank was a thing
>>
>>335999426
This is pretty much what I did, and I beat them on my first attempt.
>>
>>336003021

I don't seem to be.
>>
Well I'm only doing about 300 damage per hit and lost pretty badly. I got really confused too because I thought they were man-sized at first.
>>
Use iron flesh, you literally can't lose
>>
Use the power within pyromancy spell. You pick it up under the huge squid thing in the sewer hole in Blighttown
>>
>mash r1
>roll when enemy attack animation start
>beat darksouls
>>
>>336004660
>>336004583

My magic stat is really low, though.
>>
They telegraph their attacks pretty obviously, get some big armor and you'll be able to fatroll dodge their attacks and if you get hurt you won't take too much damage. Equip your hardest hitting weapon and hack them down hard, but not too recklessly, you need stamina to dodge.
>>
>>336004893
Oh and also keep hitting every king during its death animation, they have individual health bars, but the main health bar is separate and you can take away health from that one by still attacking during their death animation.
>>
>>336004778
Power within is a pyromancy.
Pyromacies only need an attunement slot to fit in, no faith or Int.
>>
>>335998403
Too low damage output in my opinion for a newbie. You need a +15 weapon. Just do the other lord(great?) souls first.
>>
You just need DPS. It's a fight you power through, you'll only be disadvantaged if you fuck around.
>>
>>336005171

What do I need for a +15 one?

>>336005086

Huh. Every time I've tried to use fireballs they've always been so pissweak.
>>
File: 1321322494235.png (304 KB, 625x1900) Image search: [Google]
1321322494235.png
304 KB, 625x1900
>>
>>336005252
You upgrade the pyromancy glove thing.
Pyromancy is kind of OP in Dark Souls 1, it doesn't require stats (aside from attunement slots) and does respectable damage. Practically every melee build can afford to use it.
>>
>>336005252
You need a very large ember which is in the new londo ruins where you are.
You need titanite chunks for +11-14, google and find out the best way for you to get them.
You need a titanite slab for +15, you get a few every playthrough and it is farmable. The easiest slab to obtain is from the boss in the northern undead asylum revisit.
>>
>>336005471
>>336005480

Okay, thanks. I really want to beat the four kings first so I can get a witch hat.
>>
File: 1424063187187.gif (2 MB, 374x308) Image search: [Google]
1424063187187.gif
2 MB, 374x308
>finish the game several times across different platforms
>finally decide to get plat on PS3
>usually give up if I am unable to take out a king before another shows up
>last run suddenly decide to give it a go
>mfw fighting three at once

It's actually not that bad. You just have to keep the one you fighting relatively far from the others while keeping an eye on them if one of the assholes decides he wants to join.
>>
File: 20160413211045_1.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160413211045_1.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
>upgrade your weapon as high as you can (you find the very large ember in the bottom half of New Londo)
>wear the heaviest armor you have (stone or havels)
>have a stamina regen item equipped (clorathy ring or grass crest shield)
>hug the king that spawns, try to get behind him
>swing like a mad man

if you time your attacks correctly you can get a few extra hits in after a king dies, his body disappears but the hitbox is still active, so you could only end up fighting 3 instead of 4

also bind humanities to your estus slot in case you haven't beaten pinwheel yet / start to run out
>>
>>336007329

I'm already out of humanity, I have exactly one left.
>>
>>336007604
you can farm humanities from the rats in The Depths or just kindle the firelink bonfire up to 20 and get your estus to +3, should be more than enough at your level
>>
Do the run from Firelink, you can just drop down to the lower half of the area now and you're basically at the boss already.
This boss is basically just a DPS race. If you're not doing enough damage, find something to do about that. If you can kill one before the second spawns, you should have no trouble
>>
>>336008680
>Do the run from Firelink
Uh... Is there another way someone could possible consider over Firelink Shrine? I can't even think of one.
>>
>>336008924
I mean go directly from Firelink, don't go through Valley of the Drakes like OP seems to be doing
>>
>>336008924
Darkroot.
>>
>>336008924

You can run from the bonfire between darkroot and the valley of drakes, but the drakes block the way into the entrance so it's not very fast.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.