[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini[1].jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini[1].jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
What went wrong?
>>
The combat isn't as good as Witcher 3
>>
>Dark Souls 2 is better than this piece of shit

Let that sink in for a while...
>>
It was mind-numbingly derivative, injected basically nothing new into the franchise and went too far trying to capitalize on the success of the original game. Still a great game though
>>
Too many mimics, too predictable and poise is off. Still my GOTY but those issues are shit and shouldn't be a problem.
>>
Nothing has changed. Its more of the same shit.
>>
Successfull coop does not refill life and estus. Was a really nice feature. Shame last two games didn't have it.
>>
Useless stat complete with useless items to boost it.

Heavy armor has barely any difference from light armor.

Sorcery is still full of useless filler spells that just get better versions.
>>
It's just as shitty as every Souls game so far.
>>
Literally everything
>>
>>335994562
pvp
>>
>>335994562
Namco rushed them probably. If it had another year of development it would've been a lot better. But it's not bad as-is. It's at least better than DaS2
>>
>>335994820
You suck at the game anon.
>>
I still can't get the calibrations for the online ;_;
>>
>>335994562
Most weapons besides straight swords are garbage.
>>
It had to outdo Bloodborne
>>
>>335995047
Well, Mr. shitposter, would you mind telling me why?
>>
>>335994751
No.
>>
>>335994751
Dark souls 2 fags are worse than prequel fags
>>
Retarded bonfire placement.

Estus in PvP.

Poise does nothing.

Too few weight tiers.

Invasion system is retarded.

Poorly made covenants, with two literal clones and only one new one.

Enemies have infinite stamina.

Second half of the game has rehashed stronger versions of previous encountered enemies.

Every chest or corpse you find has either titanite or souls.

Can't upgrade armor despite the fact that you literally drown in titanite.

Other than that it's a great game, much much better than Dark Souls 2 in almost every regard and a worthy sequel of the first game which was far from flawless as well.
>>
>>335994751
>>335995236
>>335995284

I'm not a troll but DS2 had better NG+ and Covenants
>>
>>335995309
>Can't upgrade armor despite the fact that you literally drown in titanite.
You wouldn't be drowning in titanite if you had to reinforce armor, which is always a huge waste of everything.
>>
It's another soulless sequel that got made because money. I laughed out loud when I finished the game and saw Hidetaka Miyazaki as director and then two other co-directors. I imagine Bamco insisted they named Miyazaki the man in charge of the project because he's a big name now.
>>
>>335994562
All people do is complain about this game. Don't play it if you don't like it. There will be enough people to invade without your complaining ass.
>>
>>335995309
Also, rolling takes way too little stamina and given the fact that you fast roll at below 70% everything becomes a rollfest. More rolls than a fucking bakery in PvP.
>>
File: 1461535292909.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461535292909.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>335994939

What?

After a successful Co-op, your life is refilled, and you become Ember'd - which is an alternate way to ember without having to spend one.

I just wish invasion pvp wasn't shit. Always ends up as a 3to1
>invaded the world of host of embers derpderp
>fuckaroo summoned by concord
>host already has a white phantom anyway
>>
>>335994562

Too easy
Poise is shut off
Balance is fucked
Invasions are fucked
Only marginally better than 2 in terms of level design and atmosphere
>>
>>335995493
Below 70% is medium roll, medium rolling is just faster in this game. 30% is fastroll.
>>
>>335994562
The game balance needs tweaking
some bosses are shit
some areas are shit
music is disappointing after BB
pretty safe, no risks taken with barely anything new

apart from that, not much.
>>
>>335995730
It's literally fast roll and fast roll with super range. Don't delude yourself, medium roll doesn't exist.
>>
>people will respond to bait instead of saging
>>
>>335995807
I honestly didn't find any of the bosses or areas overly shit like I did with DS2 and especially DS1.

everything was just decent, like you said. It played it safe but it's probably overall the most adequate one of the series. Doesn't hit the same highs as Dark 1, but doesn't hit the same lows as Dark 2
>>
>>335995910

But we're having discussion here. Also

>implying this majority newfag board knows how to sage a thread
>>
Underbudgetted for the sake of maximum profits as evidenced by the lack of live orchestra. Sakuraba is a cuck.
>>
>>335995910
All the complaints in this thread are legit except the obvious EVEN DARK SOULS 2 WAS BETTER drivel.
>>
>>335995883
So what is the 30% roll? Sanic speed roll?
>>
>>335995910
I always have sage on, fuccboi.
>>
>>335996078
I worded that badly.
70% is fast roll.
30% is fast roll longer.
>>
>>335994562
PvE wise? Pretty good. No more super tracking or bosses that are just "big guy with a sword with an overhead swing attack."

PvP however is totally fucked. Yeah, invasions are unbalanced but there's also the Estus chug time being completely safe, poise being worthless, magic builds nerfed to hell...
Oh and they brought the roll invincibility ring back and "balanced" it.

I'm really sad that a lot of the good things that DS2 actually improved upon was ignored. At least its better than bringing back it's flaws.
>>
>>335994820
Why the fuck care for mimics, either read the messages or just hit every chest. Free treasure is for pussy faggots.
>>
>>335995309
>estus in pvp
I'm fine with that considering hosts majority of the time tend to have a squad of phantoms with them.
>>
>>335995978
Wolnir, sages, deacons, yhorm, old demon king and ancient wyvern to name a few.

Visual flair and "coolness" doesnt make them fun gameplay wise.
>>
Every weapon class has pretty much the same moveset, the weapons are just different skins.

They reused old animations from dark souls 1 and dumped all the motion capture smooth weapon animations from dark souls 2 solely for nostalgia purposes.

They basically took no risks and remade dark souls 1 with better graphics and dumped threw out all the things that dark souls 2 did correctly.

PVP is shit because everyone heals instantly with estus now.

Faggot casuals who suck at pvp love this game because it caters so hard to PvE.

Dark souls 3 is basically Dark Souls: Safe Space edition.
>>
>>335996234
What was wrong with Old Demon King?
>>
>>335994562
Well, start with a baseline of being as good as Dark Souls 1.

Then you take away points for:
>Forced fan service in the form of Havel, Ricard, and Pharis
>Missed Opportunity with covenants in that very few have leaders that will talk to you.

Then you add points for:
>Great Environments
>Great Bosses
>Great NPC development

You basically, imo, end up with a game that's just below the "Dark Souls = Demon's Souls = Bloodborne" tier and miles ahead of the "Dark Souls 2" B-team fan fiction.
>>
>>335996145
It's because it invalidates the whole point of a mimic. A mimic is supposed to make the player paranoid, to be afraid of every chest and to check it every time. They could have gotten clever with mimics and had several variants, but they just spammed them everywhere. Mimics aren't scary if there are more mimics than real chests.
>>
>>335996317
I actually enjoyed ODK and got him first try. For some reason hosts that I'm helping seem to die often.
>>
>>335996317
he barely fucking does anything half the time, and when he does, its annoying as fuck aoe spells or insta slams
not to mention he dies way too quick as well.
theres almost no incentive in rolling when sticking behind him will just completely make you avoid everything
>>
>>335996476
I think it's 50/50 tho, you probably just missed a bunch of real chests.

>Chests in "normal" rooms
>Almost always mimic
>"Hurrdurr more mimics than chests"
>Missed a lot of secrets

Anon please.
>>
Magic.
>>
Even Memelord McShittaste Yahtzee likes DS2
>>
>>335996716
Magic isn't bad though, it's still good.
>>
>>335996648
>>335996476
>>335994820

You guys know that Mimics and Chests are visually distinguishable before you open, right?
>>
>>335995571
>Oh no I have to think about to kill the host instead of running in and beating him up with my twinked out character
>>
File: 1448264272392.gif (3 MB, 368x270) Image search: [Google]
1448264272392.gif
3 MB, 368x270
>>335994562

Zero originality and it took the series absolutely nowhere. I was hoping for some kind of conclusion with that hollowing sign in the sky that we'd never seen before but there's nothing. We found out who was the firstborn and got to see an age of dark for a bit and that's it, everything else was just a direct mention from a dark souls 1 thing that we already knew, plus there are the gigantic lore fuckups such as

>lordran's name was already a myth by the time of dark souls 2 for how long it's been
>drangleic's name is entirely lost as well in dark souls 3 for how long it's been since then
>Catarina, Astor and Carim are magically standing there in the exact same way, even using the exact same armors as seen by Siegward

>you are Unkindled, which is, in miyazaki's words, an undead who failed on its purpose
>you are still very much branded by the Dark Sign as it is still with you in your inventory
>it fully states that those who are branded by it will go hollow upon death
>except you never do and you only hollow out if you fall for the free levels meme
>and the firekeeper can easily cure what has been the only thing that ran entire kingdoms in the ground and is the ONLY real problem with the fading of the fire for humans, since it destroys civilization by turning everyone into a zombie

Everything else was a direct rehash of some other thing from another game in the series, some were literally copypasted, including over half of the weapons

The game has the shittiest balance out of any other soulsborne because pretty much everything is broken, from armors being useless due to poise not working, through magic being in its worst shape since ever to other things such as a handful of weapons clearly outmuscling everything else by a mile and the game having literally ONE viable build (quality). It also made the cycle shit from dark souls 2 canon and most of the enemies feel like they belong in bloodborne and not in a souls game. Also ZERO atmosphere

Cashgrab/10
>>
>>335996317
My only issues with him is trying to fucking circle around him and constantly getting stuck on his legs or his weapon. it makes that fight impossible to do with smaller weapons.
>>
It wasn't bloodborne
>>
>>335996902
Cool image dude
>>
>>335996871
Yeah but that was not the point I'm trying to prove, was just defending the balance between mimics and chests.
>>
>>335996871
Of course, that doesn't change the fact that there are objectively more mimics than real chests.
>>
>>335996902
>Catarina, Astor and Carim are magically standing there in the exact same way, even using the exact same armors as seen by Siegward

Remember, time and space are wacky, they came from their kingdoms while they stood but arrive in Lordran/Drangleic/Lothric, the every geographically shifting, timey wimey, wacko land.

Maybe Seigmeyer and Seigward come from the same time, who knows.
>>
>>335996918
I knocked the fuck out of him with a straight sword. If we're talking bosses that are hard to hit with small weapons I vote first phase NK.
>>
File: 1390800492533.jpg (114 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
1390800492533.jpg
114 KB, 685x600
>>335996891

Not all of us have twinked characters dude.

You apparently do
>>
>>335997047
Space is distorted; there's no evidence that time is warped at all in the Souls universe other than retarded headcanon.
>>
>>335997047
>Remember, time and space are wacky, they came from their kingdoms while they stood but arrive in Lordran/Drangleic/Lothric, the every geographically shifting, timey wimey, wacko land.

That is some lazy bullshit and you know it. The time is murky was a quick explanation as to why you can summon phantoms in this game. Retards have used it as an excuse for stupid lore and busted world building from the dev.
>>
>>335996779
I deal more damage with any random weapon. I only get +2 for upgrading my weapon.
My dps is literally around 100 no matter what spell I cast.

Magic is garbage compared to everything.
>>
>>335996902

Forgot some other things:

>FROM keeps pandering to the casuals by nerfing invasions ever more. They are in their absolute worst shape since ever.

>At least half the chests are mimics. Totally ruins the idea behind something that should be a SURPRISE and not the norm and it speaks loads about the "prepare to die!" shitty mindset that's infected the Souls games.

>Almost every room has a cheap shitty ambush waiting in the corner where they throw a bunch of enemies your way. Enemies feel like they already knew you where coming instead of behaving like they had a life of their own.

The last point is really strong because people shat on dark souls 2 for the same reason yet Dark Souls 3 is MUCH worse in this regard. The area after Pontiff was just fucking laughable. Worst design I've ever seen in a game before.

>>335997047
The only time this thing was used well was when it comes to the Untended Graves. As for catarina, astor and carim, I really don't think it's just a case about it being from the past. It just feels like a terrible oversight imho.

The problem with this game is that it was clearly rushed. I can't help but feel like it needed to cook up for at least another year to come finished and polished enough. It simply has way too many issues and even miyazaki states so: http://gamerant.com/dark-souls-3-incomplete/
>>
Do you need a bluetooth dongle to use the DS3 on PC? I played through a couple PS4 games and the Nioh demo and now my fucking xbox 360 controller feels like a bulky piece of shit. I remember when I first got the PS4 and used the DS4 it felt like a small cheap toy. It's fucking ass to switch controllers.
>>
>>335997239
Good. Magic ruined every other souls game's pvp.
>>
>people defend a game that crashes when lighting is turned on (low just turns it off) and gets 45fps at any point on a fucking 970 or 980
>said game looks like a 2011 game

Disgusting. Thank fucking god I pirated this shit.
>>
>>335997215
Solaire literally says the flow of time is convoluted in the first Dark Souls
>>
>>335997343
Game runs smoothly for me and I have a 970 as well. Guess that's what you get for being a piratefag :^)
>>
>>335996902
Honestly at this point I don't even care about Dark Soul's story.

It's hardly a story at all and definitely not a good one. The only reason anyone even cares is because the game tricks you into thinking you care about it due to it being ambiguous and unsettling. It's playing off your curiosity by purposely detracting vital information from the player or hiding it behind a bread trail of clues.

At least for me, the story and lore isn't interesting in the slightest. Dark Souls has always been about the excellent combat and weapon variety.
>>
>>335997279
I feel invasions are only shit because its so soon after release. Dark Souls 2 was a gank fest on release as well, once the player base dies down a bit and most people embered aren't cooping you'll get your invasions back. I've always felt invasions were only "fair" when the host has a single phantom up, since the invader usually has a bunch of enemies or something to use to their advantage, as well as very little risk from failure. 3v1s or 4v1s are total bullshit though
>>
>>335996045
None of the Souls games have ever had live orchestras; they were all done with VSTs. Only Bloodborne had a live orchestra because of Sony money being poured in them.

Dark Souls 1 wasn't a bad OST, now was it?
>>
>>335997279
>>335996902
Don't forget that half the areas are straight ripped from previous games in the series and add almost nothing new:

>Firelink Shrine
>Anor Londo
>Kiln of the First Flame
>Demon Ruins
>Catacombs of Carthus obviously reminiscent of the Catacombs in DaS
>Grand Archives are supposed to be the Duke's Archives
>Smoldering Lake is some cross between Lost Izalith and Ash Lake
>High Wall of Lothric is reminiscent of the Undead Burg
>Irythll Dungeon is almost identical to the first part of Latria from DeS
>Farron Keep is the fourth fucking edition of the poison meme swamp

Add on to the fact that Lothric Castle has been done a million times already and that the Untended Graves are a repeat area, you're left with only a small handful of areas that are actually an original DaS3 creation. The areas are all well-designed of course, and to be fair some of the themes are overshadowed by a wholly different structure (the Duke's Archives and the Grand Archives aren't very similar to playthrough despite the obvious lore similarities), but the game does end up feeling very derivative and uninspired regardless. The only area that really surprised me when I got to it was Irithyll
>>
>>335997441

I went utterly mad for the lore of the game with dark souls 1. I replayed the game with the same builds over and over again, discussed it online and tought out a bunch of stuff for hundreds of hours. I simply couldn't get enough of it. It was the first time I wish we already had extremely advanced Virtual Reality because I wanted to actually TALK to those characters, hear from them what do they want to do, what are their plans, where are they going. I wanted to see Anor Londo in all of its prime and meet the legends of the game to simply talk to them instead of fighting them for no real reason.

But now I really don't care anymore as well. Dark Souls feels so utterly devoid of the attention to detail it once had. It just feels like your average soulless game that gets made up for the sole reason of fulfilling a contract and that's it. I think they did irreparable damage to the world building and its lore to make any of it salvageable and the game is now clearly focused on cheap fanservicing rather than anything else.
>>
>>335997441
>>335997747

Dark Souls 1 had a nice little story that was coherent and internally consistent. I guess that was a fluke on FROMs part, or maybe their translation team sucks dick, but the lore has been getting more and more convoluted at pretentious. They shove things like infinite cycles, infinite worlds, whatever 8th grade bullshit Aldia was spouting and when it came time for some closure or a satisfying ending the best they can scrape together is a rehash of the Dark Souls 1 endings, link the flame or become the Dark Lord. Oh there's a third one, which is let the fire die out without becoming a Dark Lord. But none of them matter since you are told that the shit is just gonna keep repeating anyway.

>>335997623
It wasn't bad but the fucking composor has to learn to stop shoving vocals on top of everything. Soul of Cinder was ruined because of the constant HOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOoooo in the background. The structure of the tracks is often very good, but the instruments are drowned out by the irritating vocals. That being said, DaS3 definitely had the most variety, but it's still not as good as Bloodbornes OST.
>>
>>335997406
Literally retarded guy too stupid too search fps on Steam Dark Souls 3 forums.

Drink Bleach :)
>>
>>335997542
I wouldn't exactly bet on that because unlike the other games, dark souls 3 now actively puts you against ganksquads. So if there's one ganksquad and a thousand other players soloing that area, you'll be facing the ganksquad regardless if you invade.

This was my favorite feature and it really made these games stand apart for me because we had never seen it before in this industry. Now they are taking their every effort trying to destroy it and that simply does not sit well with me at all.

I wonder if there is such a thing as artistic integrity in this industry anymore because I have yet to see a series actually retain what made it stand apart instead of running it into the crowd in this mad greedy search for a bigger audience every time.
>>
>>335995114
Xbone?
>>
>>335997010
>>335996989

But if they're two different things that can never be confused, they're just enemies with guaranteed drops.

The two aren't even really related because a Mimic can't fool you....
>>
>>335997964
Nah how about you follow your own advice. I'll enjoy my smooth, crash free game. :)
>>
>>335997961
Songs with vocals are some of the best in the series history though, and you act like Sakuraba is responsible for every song when he really isn't and has never been.
>>
File: dark_rolls.gif (905 KB, 268x191) Image search: [Google]
dark_rolls.gif
905 KB, 268x191
>>335994562
>What went wrong?
- copy-pasta of DnS and DkS1, but with none of what made those games greate
- no atmosphere
- gameplay still the same clunky shit from 7 years ago
- no armour upgrading
- still can't wear more than 4 rings on 8 fingers and two thumbs
- enemy "A.I." retarded and utterly broken
- enemies ignore level geometry
- enemy attack have neutron start gravity strength tracking
- hit-boxes that lag the character by >1sec
- collision detection of a mole
- enemies break hit-stun
- players cannot break hit-stun
- enemy projectiles have x5 the range and homing of player's
- boss battles are either OHKO or hollow victory and feel canned and unsatisfying
- still can't climb a 1-foot obstacle
- still can't crawl through gaps
- still can't climb into a window
- shields useless
- parrying suicidal
- magic an unfunny joke
- heinous diminishing returns makes every viable build a 1920p HP bar ninja tank flailing a washing pole and in an Estus relapse
- linear, uninspired world design
- non existent story (even for a Souls game)
- PvP is rubbish
- rubbish PvP spawned broken cheater protection
- ...cheater protection that does nothing about cheating and bans new players 5 minute after first launching game (*can attest to this)
- buggy (repeatedly stuck in environments)
- Darkborne 3: Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Edition
>>
>>335994562
Nothing. I liked all Dark Souls games.
>>
>>335995172
But it did
>>
>>335997961
>But none of them matter since you are told that the shit is just gonna keep repeating anyway.

This is the biggest cop out in the entire soul story. This effectively allows them to tell the exact same fucking story over and over again with small changes each time.

>>335997747
Dark Souls games should have contained stories in my opinion. Quit with the whole "link the fire" bullshit and give independent stories with new motivations and events. Personally I'd love to see the next Dark Souls game (if there is one) take place during the age of dark. I'd love to see the interpretations that could be built off that concept.
>>
>>335997979
The odds of you being the one to face that gank will be lower though. Hopefully. Actually I don't know why I'm being optimistic, these lazy cunts duplicated an already broken covenant, made one area based covenant incredibly stringent to be summoned, and nerfed most tools that could be used to mitigate a gank.

Dark Souls 3 felt like there was so little passion that went into it, like they were ticking off a little list as they were developing it and anything that wasn't a reference or a callback to previous games got rushed so they could knock off and hit the sake.
>>
This franchise has never been good.

>muh difficulty

Clunky, outdated nonsense. Horseshit.
>>
File: 1450402356591.jpg (97 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1450402356591.jpg
97 KB, 500x427
>>335997684
>you're left with only a small handful of areas that are actually an original DaS3 creation.

Yeah, this was a serious letdown with this game. When I was done with it, one thing I noticed is that it simply had no atmosphere at all. I never felt anything, a single thing. Even Dark Souls 2 had its moments.

For example, I absolutely loved everything about the mad Vendrick pursuit that took place in Drangleic -> Shrine of Amana -> Crypt. The first time I entered that place and it was dark and rainy, with that imposing castle sitting by the moonlight I was really intrigued. Then you come in and see a ghost of a person saying some macabre stuff, then you progress and find yourself in a room with a painting of the Queen, which curses you like nothing else in the game just by standing close to it. That already left me wondering and completely aprehensive. I really wanted to know where was Vendrick and who was that woman. Then I proceeded to find her imposing figure sitting across the room with a really calm voice saying wicked, dark things and it was already clear the king had left in a rush, fearing something that I deeply wanted to know. And it built up really well with the mirror knight, the shrine with the milfanitos, that frog boss singing instead of the milfanito who vanishes was a really nice surprise and the crypt culminating with Velstadt, whom you've already heard about before, was great. That finale where you see Vendrick hollowed really closed everything with a nice, sad ending of this mad pursuit. The game should have ended there with you facing him and finding the flame he never had the balls to reignite right after that room.

Dark Souls 3 had not a single thing that came close to it except for maybe Aldrich. The rest was devoid of ANY atmosphere because it was just a lazy reference and that was it. I simply cannot and will not feel anything when the whole appeal of your world building narrows down to "I Understood That Reference - The Game".
>>
>>335997279

>FROM keeps pandering to the casuals by nerfing invasions ever more. They are in their absolute worst shape since ever.

Not this shit again. You still get invaded if you don't summon and it's no easier than it used to be. People who summon are playing in babby mode but that's always been true, ever since DeS. The only difference is that it makes it more difficult for invaders on average.

>At least half the chests are mimics. Totally ruins the idea behind something that should be a SURPRISE and not the norm and it speaks loads about the "prepare to die!" shitty mindset that's infected the Souls games.

Agreed. I thought it was strange as well. Although they do have a few surprises still, like the mimic in the dungeon that triggers a bunch of curse frog thingies.

>>Almost every room has a cheap shitty ambush waiting in the corner where they throw a bunch of enemies your way. Enemies feel like they already knew you where coming instead of behaving like they had a life of their own.

Souls games always had a completely shitty AI so it didn't really bother me. It forces you to progress slowly and pain attention to your surroundings, bloodstains and player messages.

DaS2 did it worse IMO because it tried to make some ambushes unavoidable by forcing some enemies to always aggro together (so that you couldn't aggro only one from afar using a bow to fight 1v1) and DaS3 doesn't have the bullshit tracking most enemies in DaS2 have.

>>335997684
>straight rip

Anor londo is, the others just share a common theme but are new levels. That's not a problem per se.

You can't really please everybody but I really enjoyed all the throwbacks to DaS1. It makes it feel like a proper sequel unlike DaS2.
>>
>>335994751
Nah, you wish
>>
>>335998139
Honest question, why wouldn't a composer be responsible for the songs in the game?

I love a lot of the songs that are vocal heavy, Burnt Ivory King, Sir Alonne, Raime and Ancient Dragon were stand outs from the last game. My problem is that EVERY track is extremely vocal heavy through out. Compare that to Gascoigne, Blood Starved Beast etc which manage to be great tracks with minimal or no vocals. It's not game breaking, but so many songs are so close to great but sound samey because of all the aahs and oohs.
>>
>>335998383
I seriously don't even care anymore. I have about 120 hours in the game and I can fully state that I'm completely and utterly burned out on it. I even tried making some new character and I imediately got bored within minutes. This is a first for me in this series. Bloodborne right after it for example, I simply couldn't drop that shit and it even completely fucked up my sleeping schedule. Dark Souls 3 just feels like another dark souls 2 to me.
>>
>>335998595
>DaS3 doesn't have the bullshit tracking most enemies in DaS2 have.
You are such a fucking idiot. There is absolutely no way you played both games and seriously hold this opinion.
>>
>>335997047

It's obviously fanservice though, especially the onion knight. It didn't bother me too much because they're just NPCs and it doesn't get too much "in your face" but I wish it would've been handled more subtly.

They kinda made up for it by hinting more subtly at was the areas you're exploring used to be in DaS1. Finding equipment of enemies you used to fight etc... That was really cool I thought.
>>
>>335998850

I do though. Which enemies in DaS3 track like the giants in the dragon aerie for instance?
>>
>>335999005
>giants in the dragon aerie
Yea you clearly played DaS2, it really shows when you talk about enemies that don't exist in a specific area
>>
>>335999098

I mean the mass wielding enemies of greater than average size. Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>335998595
>You can't really please everybody but I really enjoyed all the throwbacks to DaS1.

Not him but the problem with those references is that they're just that: references that serve no other purpose. They hardly ever expanded upon anything. It just felt like they went "hey remember that thing from dark souls 1? Yeahhhh". There was nothing deeper. It feels like something written for reddit, since it thinks that referential anything is the pinnacle of human intellect.
>>
I was hoping they bring back Humanity since, you know....it's the Dark Soul. Hence DARK SOULS.
>>
>>335998850
Yeah, the track on the lothric knights, jumping goats, even the giant crabs. I feel it's worse in 3 since the enemies are twice as aggressive and attack twice as fast.

>>335998758
I feel the same. Maybe it was because Bloodborne did enough differently that it felt new. Maybe it's because I ran through The Old Hunters a few times in Jan and so I got sick of 3 faster than I would have otherwise. Maybe it's because the game plays everything safe and feels so insipid, there isn't the isolation and discovery that made 1 such and adventure, and there isn't the size or initial route variety that made 2 interesting to replay.

Lothric
Settlement
Road of Sacrifices
Farron Keep or Cathedral (dead end)
Catacombs
Irithyll or Demon Ruins (dead end)
Anor Londo or Profaned Capitol (both dead ends)
Lothric again

Archdragon Peak was the only huge optional area, and a blue sky was nice for once, but that was set back by just shoving a billion samey snake men into it.
>>
>>335999005
Literally every boss tracks you up until the moment of impact. Most enemies have sweeping overhead attacks that will track you excessively as well. This is painfully obvious with the Pontiff Knights. Even the basic hollows have lunging attacks that will track you right up until their damage frames start.

Sure there's nothing that spins like the salamanders, but that was always an animation problem and not a tracking problem. The first fucking thing I noticed in DaS3 was that they didn't fix the tracking issue at all, and in fact made it worse.
>>
>>335998449
>>muh difficulty
Souls "difficulty" =/= CPU cheating
>>
The zones should have been more interconnected, like DS1.

The covenants seem a bit bland compared to DS1 and 2.
>>
>>335999005
Lothric Knights, Pontiff Knights, Silver Knights, but not Black for some reason, goat guys, Dickwraiths, Pot/saw wielding giants in Undead Settlement, Outrider Knights, and a shitload of others I can't be fucked listing
>>
>>335999171
The drakekeepers? They're not "giants" so I don't know why you would get pissy about being called out on using the wrong term. Regardless, the drakekeepers aren't even close to the most irritating enemy in the game when it comes to tracking. They're not a good example and the only reason that you would think they would be is because you're mixing up the "hurr drakekeeper infinite stamina" matthew meme
>>
>>335998379
>Dark Souls games should have contained stories in my opinion

I cannot agree more with that and it's one of the things that made me fall in love with Bloodborne because of how fresh it felt.

The narrative of these games is intentionally vague and builds up on mystery and indagation. If you keep rewatching the trick, it loses its shine and impact. I absolutely hate when authors refuse to let things end when they clearly should and keep revisiting the same scenario adding more and more things to it until it feels utterly bloated and devoid of its original charming simplicity. Dark Souls 1 left a lot of questions but that was fine, it was the intent of the game to leave you wondering after all. Bloodborne even more so. Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 didn't add anything to the experience, in fact, they only damaged it by making your choice in the ending of dark souls 1 that much less meaningful since whatever you choose, the cycle will forcefully restart itself anyway.

I'd only want a sequel from these games if they explored ANOTHER aspect of it, but dark souls (+1)? Oh please, just stop.

>hey guys the fire is going out, what will you do lol?
>it's going out again by the way
>and again
>and again
>and again

Fucking STOP.
>>
>- ...cheater protection that does nothing about cheating and bans new players 5 minute after first launching game (*can attest to this)

Speaking of which, did you guys know that hackers can now get YOU banned from online?
>>
File: full_retard.gif (998 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
full_retard.gif
998 KB, 245x200
>>335998595
>DaS3 doesn't have the bullshit tracking most enemies in DaS2 have
>>
>>335998379
>This is the biggest cop out in the entire soul story. This effectively allows them to tell the exact same fucking story over and over again with small changes each time.

I never saw it as anything different. The very second I found that the thing was a perpetual cycle in dark souls 2 I just thought "oh, so this is the excuse they came up with to keep making endless sequels of this game and milking this cow dry".
>>
>>335994562

Watching DS2 babbies claim that this one is better than DaS/DeS/BB to inflate their own ego has been really funny. This thing is just barely better than DS2, and I suppose that makes them think it closes the gap between DS2 and the rest.

It doesn't.
>>
File: dks2_false_advertising.jpg (248 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
dks2_false_advertising.jpg
248 KB, 1280x1440
>>335999573
>did you guys know that hackers can now get YOU banned from online?
not new -- could happen from the get-go (e.g., invades and drops hacked weapon or impossible amount of an item in... even them using a trainer while in your game has flagged people)

>From Flaccidweiner®
>>
>>335999365

We were talking about ambushes so I wasn't thinking about the bosses, I do have some qualms with certain bosses movesets (especially those who never seem to run out of stamina).

The attacks you mention are a bit bullshit it's true but the animation at least makes some sense. DaS2 had those slow enemies making slow attacks that would still manage to track you (even if it meant hovering over the ground). That was shoddy as hell.

I find that the core problem in DaS3 PvE is that it relies too much on stunlocking (at least if you're playing with small fast weapons as I did). If you can manage to get the first hit you can dispatch most enemies in a single combo while they're helpless to do anything.

The only (non-boss) enemies whose tracking really bothered me was those tree trunk wielding enemies in the forest. You think it should be super slow and unwieldy but they handle them like darts. It was a bit frustrating.

>>335999507

You're projecting very hard mate, I don't even know who this matthew is. I just remember their overhead attack what would follow you even though they wouldn't even more their legs.

And I call them giants because they're like twice the size of your character. That's pretty gigantic as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>335998595
>You can't really please everybody but I really enjoyed all the throwbacks to DaS1. It makes it feel like a proper sequel unlike DaS2.

Meanwhile any time any other game does something even vaguely similar in a sequel it gets shit on as a rehash. Fucking Miyazaki sympathizers.
>>
>>335999731
>This thing is just barely better than DS2
this

...and if you took the better visuals away, most would condemn this game as a turd cash-in... such is the power of the spell graphics weave
>>
>>335998912
>It's obviously fanservice though, especially the onion knight. It didn't bother me too much because they're just NPCs and it doesn't get too much "in your face" but I wish it would've been handled more subtly.

I think they should keep this shit to Patches because it's become a staple of the series. I actually laughed my ass off when I found out he was a spider in Bloodborne. But then in dark souls 3 you enter the shrine and you turn already to see the fucking 4th rehash of the crestfallen warrior, then you look behind and you see Andre again for literally no reason whatsoever and the firekeeper saying the same stuff as the Maiden in Black. My expectations were cut short right then and there.
>>
>>335998595
>It makes it feel like a proper sequel unlike DaS2.
feels like a 'best of' homage to the first three games and yet it does not capture even a fraction of the good stuff those games engendered

if DkS3 looked (or performed) like DkS1, people would refunded it in droves
>>
>>335995309

>can't upgrade armor

Literally who the fuck cares? It did nothing but make creating a build that much more tedious. It's not like weapon upgrades where you actually have some choice depending on your build, it's just a linear upgrade that made un-upgradeable sets irrelevant.
>>
>>335999782
>The attacks you mention are a bit bullshit it's true but the animation at least makes some sense. DaS2 had those slow enemies making slow attacks that would still manage to track you (even if it meant hovering over the ground). That was shoddy as hell.

You can explain it as stupidly as you do for 3. The slow ass windup is them preparing to aim at and smack you.
>>
>>335996052

But it was.
>>
>>335999746
Yeah but now they can literally make it so an arrow or a single hit from their weapon will give you millions upon millions of souls and completely alter your stats. You have no control over it. At least an item in the ground you can be smart enough to not pick it up.
>>
>>335999835

>...and if you took the better visuals away, most would condemn this game as a turd cash-in... such is the power of the spell graphics weave

Go to the high wall of lothric's first bonfire.

Go to where you find the first head-busting enemy, where you find the longbow.

There's a wooden wall there that blocks off a broken section of wall.

Look over that wall and enjoy.

It's fucking Forest of Fallen Giants all over again.
>>
>>335996648
It got to the point where I was genuinely surprised when I found a real chest. Regardless, it shouldn't be 50/50 it should be 10/90. Mimics should be rare, they be half the chests in the damn game.
>>
>>335999782
>I find that the core problem in DaS3 PvE is that it relies too much on stunlocking (at least if you're playing with small fast weapons as I did). If you can manage to get the first hit you can dispatch most enemies in a single combo while they're helpless to do anything.
Yea, I'm convinced you've never played another Souls game. DaS3 is the LEAST OFFENSIVE Souls game in this regard; most of the difficult enemies cannot be killed in a single stunlock and cannot be locked for more than a handful of hits (e.g. the red-eye lothric knights or the silver knights). They also usually have several uninterrupted attacks that give them hyperarmor and track so excessively that you are forced to dodge (instead of attacking to interrupt them like you can do in DaS). If anything, the changes to staggering are probably the biggest difference between the combat in the first two games and this one.

It really is miraculous that you keep making "observations" that are complete and utter bullshit
>>
>>335999971
>>can't upgrade armor
>Literally who the fuck cares?
give how bland and same-y most getups look, the only thing incentivising armour change-ups was build strength... but now that the attire is all generic and canned, what's the point of changing once one finds them haute courture outfit?

you don't take shit away from a game that's not broken unless you want to dumb it down and you don't leave copious broken shit in unless you don't give a fuck
>>
>>335998124
Mimics aren't supposed to just be enemies with a guaranteed drop, they're supposed to be traps that reward the player for paying attention.
>>
File: 1447294601526.jpg (13 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1447294601526.jpg
13 KB, 240x150
>>335999782
dude, how far are you into the game? every fucking enemy has hyperarmor on every attack. you can't interrupt them at all once they've started attacking unless you pancake them with an R2 or something
>>
File: DS3 tracking.webm (3 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
DS3 tracking.webm
3 MB, 1000x563
>>335999005

>this is a 10/10 in a FROMdrone's eyes
>>
File: 6.png (99 KB, 275x308) Image search: [Google]
6.png
99 KB, 275x308
>>335994820
Motherfucking thank you. Almost everything is trapped and they're all the same traps and tricks from dark souls 1. It gets really old really fast.

And yeah, poise. It fucking does nothing. Literally nothing. Shields are parries on a stick. Wow it's fucking nothing.

DS3 feels more like action adventure than RPG. I haven't felt compelled to mix and match items once. Just upgrade my long sword and keep my starting gear. I'm halfway through the game.
>>
File: dark_holes_next_gen.jpg (674 KB, 1270x1906) Image search: [Google]
dark_holes_next_gen.jpg
674 KB, 1270x1906
>>336000129
i know -- there are many 'no-interactive' areas that look near Ps2-esque... but the game is decidedly better-looking than DkS and even '2'...

but not about of visual fidelity hides the corners they cut and the atmosphere they failed to capture
>>
>>336000336
More like miyazakidrone

>m-muh b-team!
>based miyazaki would never do that!
>>
>>336000408

Bullshit. The only people inflating this game are DS2 shitposters.
>>
>>336000336

Phantom took away aggro at an unfortunate time. That's what I'm guessing.
>>
>>335999898

Yeah it's bit overdone. The problem is that those characters have the exact same personalities with simply a different name. The same way of talking even. That's a bit heavy-handed.

>>335999936

That's excessive. DaS3 is a good game, it's not as memorable or unique as DaS1 and DeS were when they released but it's still a great game. All Souls games have had glaring flaws, this one is no exception.

>>336000186

You can literally cancel some enemies attacks by rolling into them in DaS3. I don't remember that being a thing in previous games. In DaS1 and 2 I mostly played "dodge->counter attack". In this one for 90% of the enemies it's "get the first hit in and then combo them until they die". Take the Alonne knights in DaS2 for instance, I couldn't stunlock them with my falchion before they could hit me back. I can stunlock knights in DaS3 without any issue.

>>336000336

I'm not talking about bosses, I agree that some bosses have bullshit moves. Also in this case I'm tempted to blame lag more than anything else since the boss instantly switches orientation.
>>
File: black_adder_lol.png (873 KB, 696x1023) Image search: [Google]
black_adder_lol.png
873 KB, 696x1023
>>336000336
it's like all they did was slide the 'tracking' slider up to max and switched off all coding for level geometry recognition of the CPU

...in fact, that's almost certainly what they did

>muh difficulties
>>
>>336000521
Post a video of you stunlocking silver knights to death at ~SL60 please
>>
>boring world
>lore isn't interesting
>adaptability stat
>80% of bosses are knights that you can just sidestep and hit until they're dead
>graphics are somehow worse than DS1
>dlc overshadows the game completely
>went from dark fantasy to generic fantasy
>no tense moments
>unlimited healing items
>world connectivity makes zero sense (Iron Keep in the sky, for example)
>levels are small and lack any charm
>bonfires every thirty steps, warping available from the start
>sound engine on the 360 version is fucked
>characters are boring and are talking utilities, no personality to them whatsoever
>original final boss is priscilla and nito joined together
>had to add a new final boss to compensate for nashandra's shitness; somehow ends up being worse

The only thing that DS2 did right was the PvP, cape-physics and optimal inventory menus. I consider it the Devil May Cry 2 of the Souls series.

Scholar was just a gimmick game. DS2 is alright, but as a Souls game, it is pure trash.
>>
>>336000521
>I can stunlock knights in DaS3 without any issue
The Lothric Knights can put their shield up MID-STUN, as can the Silver Knights and Black Knights who have several hyperarmor attacks. And I haven't even brought up the Cathedral Knights who have near-infinite poise, hyperarmor attacks and can block during hitstun. You either have fucking alzheimers or are just being a faggot at this point
>>
>>336000625
Meant for
>>335994751
>>
>>336000521
>All Souls games have had glaring flaws, this one is no exception.
'cept, for the fifth time around, the "oversights" have become "fuck you's!" and the pandering has become rehashing

i just don't think modern game marketing focuses on pleasing a fan base for more than a couple of years, after which point it's focus shifts to snaring a new demographics... which almost always means a dumbed down ("casualised"), diluted, regurgitated product
>>
>>336000186
Not him but I agree with what he said. I could easily stunlock most enemies and empty my stamina bar with a fucking rapier, which is what kept me away from wielding big weapons because what's the fucking point?

Take the knights for example. Got one hit in? Good, empty your stamina bar.
>>
File: Dks3-progress_map[1].jpg (664 KB, 1374x934) Image search: [Google]
Dks3-progress_map[1].jpg
664 KB, 1374x934
>>336000662
>>
>>336000519
No, they made it so the grab hitbox extended around the boss for some shit reason when it should only extend from the blade of the spear. This happens in every fucking Souls game and it's shit every single time.
>>
>>335998124
There are more mimics than normal chests in the game. The point of the mimic is to trick reckless players into becoming lunch.

Fuckheads like you miss this point entirely. The mimics in this game would have been much more effective if there was only one or two surrounded by other chests.

If every chest is a mimic then what is the fucking point of having them in the first place.

What about this do you not get?
>>
There are so many inconsistencies with characters, armour designs and locations yet it's always handwaved by faggot fanboys chanting "time and space is convoluted" despite that originally being nothing more than a flimsy pretext for jolly cooperation and has never been mentioned again.
>>
>>336000751
>I could easily stunlock most enemies
Most enemies are shitty hollows that die in two hits. Anything that's actually challenging absolutely cannot be stunlocked or chain poisebroken the same way they can in DaS or DaSII
>>
>>336000662
Confirmed for not completing the game.
>>
>>336000625

Not that anon, but the problem is, while DS2 may have been Devil May Cry 2, DS3 is in no way Devil May Cry 3. It's Devil May Cry 2 2
>>
Are the fags saying DS2 better, just trolls or edgy contrarians?

Feels like no one played the fucking game, you know, the one with PS1 textures, PS1 animations, shitty story, shitty npc's, soul memory, the worse netcode of all the souls games.
>>
>>336000826
Literally run up to any of the knights in lothric and hit them with a rapier. You'll stunlock them.
>>
>>336000812
What's the problem? That excuse still holds.
>>
>>336000762
it's still really linear overall
>>
>>336000850
I respect your opinion, anon. But in my defence, I simply wanted a game that was a deserving sequel to DS1.

DS2 was not that game by any means, and while DS3 does have its flaws, it's more or less what I wanted from a sequel, and that makes me happy.

No amount of 'hurr hurr wot went wrong' shitposting will change that for me.
>>
>>336000762

You can literally straighten that map out completely with just a couple branches.
>>
>>336000762
i think you might have deliberately missed the intended definition of "linear" in the context of a Souls game (i.e., DkS1 vs. DkS3)
>>
>>335994751
I am playing Dark Souls 2 right now.
The red arena is so sweet!
>>
>>335998197
>Darkborne 3: Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Edition
More like Crash Souls third edition
>>
>>336000953
Oh boy, I can either go to blighttown and get shit on, or go to the catacombs and hit an invisible yellow wall or go the one pathway it actually wants me to go

How cool now I'm in anor londo-- oh wait sorry I can't enter that area yet because there's another massive yellow wall
>>
>>336000585

I was thinking about lothric knights and basically most humanoid enemies, silver knights play more like I remember enemies in previous Souls games to behave but it's not surprising since they're literally copy pasted.

There always are exceptions of course, like those huge guys with two handed saws in the settlement or those crucified enemies in the woods. I still felt like most enemies would stunlock very easily.

>>336000736

If they put their shields up you keep mashing R1 or you use a kick to break their guard and do a riposte. Shield enemies are the easiest to deal with because of that.

Cathedral Knights mostly tank behind their shields so you can use the same strategy. The only difficulty is those wielding the greatswords and not having shields but there's like two of them I think?

>>336000749

Well since this is supposed to be the last DaS game I was probably willing to put up with it because I assumed they were closing the loop or something. Makes sense to have a lot of throwback to previous entries when you're finishing the arc. I hope that Next Souls will be very different but given that they're basically using the same recipe since DeS I'm not holding by breath. We'll see
>>
>>336000928
> DS3 does have its flaws, it's more or less what I wanted from a sequel
a sequel to DkS2 -- yes
a sequel to DkS or DnS -- not even close
>>
>>335997961
>when it came time for some closure or a satisfying ending the best they can scrape together is a rehash of the Dark Souls 1 endings
This. I would say this is almost as bad as Mass Effect 3 endings, but at least those give you some sort of closure. None of the endings are even built up properly. It make me real sad knowing this is suppose to be the last souls game(at least for a while)
>>
>>335994562
Balance.

Sorta on topic, this just happened:
>invade High Wall with low level whip character
>host is alone, wielding the Princes greatsword
>takes barely any damage from attacks, tonnes of health
>regardless, reduce him to half health without losing a sweat
>he takes out an Estoc and proceeds to R1 spam

That was just depressing to witness
>>
>>336000928

If you wanted that, then you should have played BloodBorne, honestly. If your point of view is that DaS is a sequel to DeS and BB a sequel to DaS, then the world is a much happier place.

DaS3 feels like a sequel to DaS2, which feels like a shitty cashgrab to DaS.

Honestly, I'm glad Miyazaki already said that they're moving on to another IP. Hopefully they don't languish on lore like they did with DaS ever again. I'd kill someone if DeS2 or BB2 gets announced.
>>
>>335997684
>Anor londo is, the others just share a common theme but are new levels. That's not a problem per se.
>You can't really please everybody but I really enjoyed all the throwbacks to DaS1. It makes it feel like a proper sequel unlike DaS2.
The level design in DS2 was stupid as shit but the funny thing is when you talk about the windmill or the dragon cliffs everyone immediately knows what you're talking about because there weren't done before. DS3 areas all need to be elaborated on because they are so similar to what we've seen before. Hell they ripped the dragon cliffs for DS 3 anyway.
>>
>>336001013
if you see DkS as crap, why would you be playing DkS3?... and if it's DkS2 that hooked you, I'm afraid your opinion is moot.
>>
>>336001026
>If they put their shields up
You mean when they break out of the stunlock that you said they couldn't break out of? Okay
>>
>>336001115

They still can't attack you and you still just have to mash R1.
>>
>>336001113
Nah I don't see dks as crap, I just think it's slightly over-rated despite being my favorite of the series. I find it hard to replay Dark 1 sometimes because I remember the latter areas being so painful.

fuck dark 2 though, game is such a bore to me. I enjoyed it the first time but I could never do another playthrough of it
>>
File: 1419120734177.jpg (84 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
1419120734177.jpg
84 KB, 700x520
>>336001026
Because most enemies are worthless and die instantly. The issue isn't you pretending that the DaS3 enemies can be easily stunlocked (which many of them can't), it's that you pretended this was a new addition to the series. I mean you can go through DaS2 with a greathammer and LITERALLY pancake or poisebreak every single enemy in the game with a single R2
>>
>>336000980
can't say I've had any performance issues (7970M/2gb | i7 3840QM/16gb)

if anything, I'm quite surprised the game runs as well as it does, given how DkS ran and the complaints I've heard

...then again, '3' isn't open-world in sense of the word and and enemies don't even load in beyond a certain 'sphere of activity' (*use CE and 'no-clip' and watch what happens when you fly a short way from one area to the next -- it's raining hollows, alleluia! )
>>
>>336001078
I didn't say that DS1 was a sequel to DeS, it's more of a spiritual successor than anything.

I know BB isn't related to the Souls series but I have yet to play it because I'm too poor to afford a PS4 though I really want to, considering the things I've heard about it on some threads.

I can see why people think 3 is a lot like 2, but I think it really nailed the atmosphere that 2 failed to do. It just didn't have that creepy, dreadful atmosphere. I like things like that
>>
>>336001185
But they aren't stunned you illiterate moron. And goodluck guardbreaking a cathedral knight or stunning the giant serpent-men or winged knights

>I can stunlock every enemy except for the ones I can't stunlock
>>
>>336001236
atmosphere -- DnS
world / customisation / builds -- DkS
visuals / overall tweaks (UI etc) -- DkS3 (though, DnS arguably looks better, when atmosphere is considered)
action -- BB
for too little worth mentioning -- DkS2
>>
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>336001239

But I'm not using a greathammer, that's the thing. I don't remember being able to stunlock as easily in DaS1 or 2 with a scimitar. You may be right, maybe it's not the stunlock but an other combat element, I still feel like I just have to hit R1 until they die as long as I have enough stamina left.

>>336001332

I can guard break a cathedral knight in 3 hits with my falchion. And of course it's not stunning, but it's the same shit as far as gameplay is concerned. They can't attack you and you can attack them.
>>
>replay DaS1
>having more fun than with DaS3
>>
>>336001282

Oh, when I said
>If your point of view is that DaS is a sequel to DeS and BB a sequel to DaS, then the world is a much happier place.

I was saying you should adopt that view, not that you already have that view.

>It just didn't have that creepy, dreadful atmosphere. I like things like that

Play bloodborne.
>>
>>336001428
The price you pay for being a pcuck
>>
>>336001428
upgrade your shit or turn down some settings you bitch
>>
I'm SL55 with +8 and only invaded twice as darkmoon. Should I try increasing my SL?
>>
>>336001282
Honestly? With how much this game rips the fuck out off of Bloodborne, I'm not even surprised you actually think it's an improvement. If you had played them all in order like some of us did, I bet you'd have a very different opinion now. I can with all honesty understand why someone who came straight from dark souls 2 would feel like this game was a great step-up but only because it's more of a matter of not knowing any better. Dark Souls 3 feels like they just scrapped the leftovers, threw in some dark souls 1 references on top of it and released the thing as it was. Do play bloodborne when you get the chance.
>>
>>336001560
You weapon upgrade is way too high for that SL. So yea, get up to a SL range where people have access to chunks (70ish)
>>
>>336001606
DS3 is better then all the souls games by level design, boss design and combat mechanics by far.

Especially in consistency.

DaS/DeS/BB is better on only the lore aspect.
>>
>>336001761

>there are people who actually believe this.
>>
>>336001761
>DS3 is better then all the souls games by level design, boss design and combat mechanics by far.

Level design yes because they are more open, although they are glorified uninspired rehashes, but boss and combat? Not a fucking chance. Bloodborne stomps the ever living fuck out of it.

Dark Souls 3 has the worst bosses by far just for the single fact that half of them are complete pushovers that have so little HP you can just demolish them by spamming r1 without even thinking about any strategy.
>>
File: smug kang.png (174 KB, 265x258) Image search: [Google]
smug kang.png
174 KB, 265x258
The biggest sin that Dark Souls 3 made was how much it shit on build variety. Magic is the worst in the series and every build that isn't an R1 spamming melee character is demolished for ever daring to step outside of the game's boundaries.

Even if the balance was fixed, it wouldn't fix the core problem of the game, which is the complete linearity. Souls games are designed around giving you freedom. If you wanted to do a certain build, you'd often have a path that you could take for your character so you'd be ready early in the game. In Dark Souls 3, you have to take one path for 90% of the game. The biggest sequence breaking move you can do is cheese the Dancer and get put into an endgame area immediately.

>>336001406

>world/customization/builds - Dark Souls

I like how you put two completely unrelated aspects together because you're too much of a child to ever admit Dark Souls 2 did something right. If you think Dark Souls 2 doesn't have the best build variety in the series by far, then you need to stop posting.
>>
>>336001795
>>336001606
>there are people who actually believe this.
>>
>>336001428
Reboot and try again. I have some bug that gives me shit-tier framerate unless rebooting(after having pc go into sleepmode the graphic drivers apparently glitch out)
>>
>>336001606
Is it really considered ripping if the content was from something they already made? Though its clear why some people would be irritated by that.

Like I said, I'm hoping to get a PS4 and BB some day, so perhaps then I'll be able to properly see the divide between it and DS3
>>
>>336001897
Yeah, it's calling not suffering from sour grapes because mommy didn't buy you a ps4
>>
>>336001761
>DaS3 boss design
"Abuse iframes or die". There is zero strategic possibilities with DaS3 bosses. You either rely on iframes or lose.
>>
>>336001863
>Dark Souls 3 has the worst bosses by far just for the single fact that half of them are complete pushovers that have so little HP you can just demolish them by spamming r1 without even thinking about any strategy.

Just like BB
>>
>>336001914
That's semantics only and doesn't change the outcome. The thing is that the game feels uninspired because instead of making something new, they just reused what they had and added utterly nothing to it.
>>
>>336001943
Bullshit. Plenty of bosses, like Dragonslayer or Oceiros have attacks that can be avoided by intelligent positioning rather than i-frames.
>>
>>336001959
t. pcuck
>>
>>336001959
You should try playing it sometime its pretty cool
>>
>>336001761
>>336001795
Honestly, I see DaSIII as taking the best out of those three previously mentioned games and combining it into one.

Is it on the level of say, Halo: Reach and how great a job Bungie did with that? No.

But it does give off a jack-of-all-trades master-of-none feel to it, while not particularly excelling in one area. It gives the best aspects of those games without completely sacrificing its own originality, although I do agree that the lore is heavily dependent on nostalgia and doesn't really do anything new.
>>
>>336001264
There's a thread on steam with over a thousand replies. I think 2k now. It has nothing to do with pc parts, power and it seems to happen randomly to me (I get no frame drops on max) but I somehow "run out of memory" with the memory leak version of the crash.
>>
>>335994562
The only waifu option you had was forced by another party and you had no choice in who you wanted to marry with.
>>
>>336002063
The word you're looking for is rehash.
>>
File: 4.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
4.png
361 KB, 858x725
Im fucking done with this piece of shit game.

WHY THE FUCK THE HAVENT FIXED FOG GATE BUG!?!?!?!?!?!?! I WANT TO FARM FUCKING MEDALS YOU SON OF A BITCH MIYAZAKI.

This is officially the most broken souls game port. Yes DS1 was locked 720p 30 fps BUT AT LEAST IT FUCKING WORKED
>>
>>335996648
>>336000181

The main problem was that there weren't enough chests in the game overall because nearly every item was on a corpse, so when you DID run into a rare chest it was easy to think "well I better check if it's a mimic."

It didn't help either that there were just way too many mimics in the first place, thus ruining the surprise of getting caught by a mimic pretty much every time, but if there more non-mimic chests and more chests in general then it could've been better.
>>
>>336001863

>Level design yes because they are more open

I take issue with even this in DS3, because even though the levels are more open, there's almost nothing to them. The design philosophy is very clearly "Branch twice then bring it back together". There's always the correct way and a branching path that may or may not come back around to the correct way.

But I suppose that's the problem with having such a linear overworld.
>>
>>336001972
How does BB compare to DS3? What exactly makes it better?
>>
>>336001515
Nothing to do with pc quality
>>
>>336001863
Dark souls 3 bosses are quite literally improved Bloodborne bosses.

Want to list all the bosses in BB?

Cleric Beast: Ok tutorial monster size boss
Gascoine: Good human boss
Vicar Amelia: boring
BSB: Boring
Witch: Gimmick
Paarl: boring, and a pain in the ass if you don't use a long arc weapon
shadows: ok, good if your underlevelled
Rom: Gimmick
One Reborn: Gimmick
Micolash: Gimmick
Mergo: Ez
Logarius: pretty good
Amygdala: Boring as fuck
Celestial Emissary: Ez
Ebretias: Ez
German: bretty good
Moon: Ez

Base Game has 3 good bosses, 1 ok staple tutorial boss for newbies and questionably good boss if you can't blitz them with high damage.

DLC: 3 good bosses, 2 shit ones.
>>
>>336002149
Your capabilities are better adjusted to the enemies. DaS3 has these fast mobs with relentless combos while you are the same clunky knight from the previous Dark Souls. Bloodborne actually feels like your character belongs to that world skill-wise.
>>
File: 1385282711016.gif (467 KB, 934x525) Image search: [Google]
1385282711016.gif
467 KB, 934x525
>my face fighting King of Storms
>my face he uses Sunlight Spear
>>
>>336002105
I think in many respects it's a bit more polished than 1, but I do have to agree that the sense of wonder is severely lessened from a story and lore standpoint.

That being said PvP is garbage and magic/faith builds are near unusable until very late into the game.
>>
>>336001875
>Magic is the worst in the series and every build that isn't an R1 spamming melee character is demolished for ever daring to step outside of the game's boundaries.

magic is useless in PvP but pretty sweet in PvE. I haven't tried starting with magic though so early game might be horrible with it(then again early game with deprived was a fucking horrible shitstorm as a deprived compared to a pyromancer that fucks everything over in a split second, killing Iudex Gundyr with the shitty fucking starting club is the hardest fucking bossfight in the game, especially when you consider how completely fucking trivial it was to fireball him with a pyro)
>>
Why can't we just enjoy people's work as it is, instead of being angry spergs about it?
>>
>>336000190

It wasn't broken really, no, but it didn't add anything worthwhile and only served as a tedious resource sinkhole.
>>
>>336002149
New Lore and unique atmosphere tied with the new world setting.

Thats it.
>>
>magic is useless

You can only say this about Faith.
>>
>>336002149

You'll probably be flooded, but here's a simple one.

About 10 or so hours into the game, in a seemingly completely different area, you can find a really tall ladder and climb up it and end up in the first area in the game.

And that just feels like sex.
>>
>>336002268

Magic can still be viable in PvP, you just have to wait for your openings or bait people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOkLmUqaQs8&feature=youtu.be

Homing Crystal Soulmass / Crystal Soul Spear combo is very fun for some instagibbing.
>>
>>335994562
Nothing you fucking wannabe purist faggot. It's a fantastic game, and if you keep wanting to lie to yourself like this then just fucking kys
>>
>>336002268
>magic useless
>be Pyro
>camera aim chaos fireball, predict rolls and easily take out 1/3 to 1/2 their health
>Fire whip perma stunlocks them, and you can R1 them to death, pretty bullshit if you use a fucking estoc
>Sacred flame to get through shields

Wut?
>>
>Storm Ruler doesn't fling people across the room.
>Tried to invade at Kiln of the First Flame with visions of glorious off map kills.
>Guy I hit doesn't even flinch.
>Cry
>>
is 40 hours too late too refund?
>>
>>336002360

Wow I just shit my pants at how fucking awesome that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
My main complain is the enemy placement and to some degree the design. The first few areas are fine, but it becomes like DaS2 pretty fast. Often enough they throw multiple hard hitting enemies at once at you and like DaS2, the best strategy is to wait a long ass time until you can lure one after another out to kill them. Irithyll with the Pontiff Knights and the witches are a good example. I'm ok with a linear progression, because the level design itself is really good (except the catacombs and the smouldering lake) but it is really bad for replayability since you cannot get as much stuff early on.
>>
>>336002496
magic isn't pyromancy
magic is shit, pyromancy is great like always and miracles are the worst in any souls game
>>
>>336002735
>magic isn't pyromancy
Yes it is, what you're thinking of is called sorcery
>>
>>336002792
m8 whenever someone talks about magic, they're talking about sorcery and not pyromancy/miracles
if we're talking about overall magic then it's still shit, because 2/3 of the things you can do (sorcery/miracles) are worthless
>>
How do I keep wanting to play BB? Just beat Cleric Beast. Does BB get any better? Cuz its just the same undead, big undead as usual and sewers. I want to keep playing but after Ds3 I have no motivation. The only interesting enemies so far is the werewolves. Otherwise, I am getting bored. The weapon shifting thing is neat though I suppose.
>>
Hopefully they make a scholar of the first sin edition of this game and turn this turd around
>>
>>335995807
>music is disappointing after BB
Really?
I didn't find any song to be memorable in bb, but ds3 has a couple; especially abyss knights theme.
>>
>>336002639

Go play it m8.

It's also a required hidden area to open up a huge hidden area that's required for one of the covenants and the end to one of the other covenant's quest lines.
>>
>>336002397
That never fucking happens at higher level pvp though. You don't have enough shit that keeps up pressure and everything you can throw at people can be avoided by sidestepping and rolling.

Flashsword is pretty much the only spell that have a chance to hit someone that knows what they're doing. And there's nothing that it offers to you that cannot be had by lefthanding your stick and crystal weapon buffing a right hand straightsword.

I tried a lot of sorc pvp and your regular spells will simply not fucking hit someone.

>>336002496
I haven't tried the pyro spells yet. But sorceries are garbage for pvp, anyone halfway competent will routinely destroy you with no effort.

Miracles are better, you can prep with tears of denial to tank an extra hit and sunlight spear with poise buffed casting can deal tremendous one-shot damage, you still need to use a regular weapon as staple though, I guess if you get gud at parry you could sunlight spear their face off when they stagger but I haven't tried that one.
>>
>>336003035

They just need to add some more diverse covenants, nerf the shit out of the mid-weight roll iframes, make poise actually do anything at all, nerf straight/piercing swords, and buff a lot of the weapon classes that aren't viable.

There's not a lot structurally wrong with the game, just needs some tweaking.
>>
Shit bosses, easier than DS2 and BB.
>>
It's way too easy.
>>
>>336002621
You are 38h over refund.
>>
>>335994562
Combat feels like an shitty mix between the original dark souls and bloodborne.

Slow big ass weapons are pure handicap in pve and pvp.
>>
>>336002973
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Magic
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Magic
http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Magic

While Magic damage is usually the exclusive domain of sorceries, Magic has always referred to all the usable spells in the game. You are a fucking retard
>>
>>336003147
You are being mocked anon. No one cares.
>>
>>336003078

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaoyKECQnPw&list=PLKzg0DeoAjD-cGZOEspgvDGpFal8S2aS-&index=4

Music in bloodborne was GOAT

Mostly because the music from the Victorian period that they were going for is GOAT
>>
>>336003306
>Slow big ass weapons are pure handicap in pve and pvp.

Eh, no. Tell that to everyone I absolutely destroy with my Dragonslayer Greataxe.
>>
>>336000762
Way more linear than DS2.
In DS2 you can do the 4 lord soul bosses in any order.

Tanimura > Myiazaki
>>
>>336003535

But DS2 is more linear than BB and DaS

Miyazaki > B-team > B-team+Miyazaki
>>
File: 1399405697042.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1399405697042.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Makes me kinda want to start DS2 again. Haven't really played it that much nor any of its DLC.
>>
>>336000860
First half of DS2's bosses were better than DS3's.
And covenants and PvP were better by far.

DS3 is way better in terms of area design, shortcuts and big areas but so many garbage bosses. The DLC better have to have some The Old Hunters tier bosses.
>>
>>336003328
No, whenever people talk about magic they're talking about sorceries and not pyromancy or miracles
it's been like that since forever

when someone says magic is bad, they mean sorcery
when someone says pyromancy is bad, they mean pyromancy
when someone says miracles are bad, they mean FUCKING MIRACLES
jesus
>>
>>336003638
DS2 DLC > DS3
>>
>>336003747

This unfortunately.
>>
>>335994820
Actually the mimics aren't as many as they seem - I think you need to really go out of your way to find the well-hidden regular chests this time around. I remember there being a room in Lothric Castle where there were 4 chests, not one of which were Mimics.
>>
>>336003598
Can you do Yhorm or Aldrich before Abyss Watchers? No? Fuck off then.
DS3 is the most linear one in the series, even DeS let you do areas in every order after you finish 1-1.
>>
>>336003702
not him, but magic is all three spell schools. catalysts in every souls game explicitly refer to casting sorceries and not magic, as does all of the npc dialogue. not sure why you're being so stubborn when you're obviously wrong
>>
>>336003702
Magic is pyro, sorcery and miracles.

Always been that way.

And sorcery is the best for invading.
>>
>>335994562
POISE. TURNED. OFF
>>
File: 6hutd4.jpg (29 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
6hutd4.jpg
29 KB, 283x357
>>336003702
>whenever people talk about magic they're talking about sorceries
Pretty sure that's just you bud. Magic is all three, and always has been
>>
>>336003835

I wasn't debating that. I'm just saying that in linearity, it goes DaS>BB>DeS>DaS2>DaS3
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.