[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth it? I enjoyed the demo quite a bit, but I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: stella-glow.jpg (688 KB, 1548x1376) Image search: [Google]
stella-glow.jpg
688 KB, 1548x1376
Is this game worth it? I enjoyed the demo quite a bit, but I've been hesitant to spend a whopping $50 on it.

Help me, /v/.
>>
it is good
>>
Finished it a few hours ago, dropped 56h on it. It's an outstanding game, go for it if you like srpgs and jrpgs in general.
>>
>Good story
>Fleshed out characters
>Sexy as fuck designs

Battles are kind of slow compared to other srpgs though
>>
Sweet. Thanks for the replies, guys. I may consider picking this one up. There is a place about 30 minutes out of town that has a copy. Only place that seems to have one anywhere near, haha.
>>
>>335992741
Good designs and a fantastic first impression but by the end of the game fights take so long and enemies become hp sponges that the game just flat out overstays it's welcome.

Enemy variety is also pretty fucking bad and the back half of the game is pretty much the exact same enemy only slightly recolored for every single map.

Map design is also pretty shit, all of them are super small with minimal amounts of effort put into them- a few try to have hazards but it's mostly just insanely boring flat land and the only stratagem you need is "move to enemy, enemy dies. The end."

Also a lot of witch music is useless or just outclassed by others. Lisette's second song and Hilda's pretty much invalidate everyone elses. There's also a lot of characters that join you but are overall useless as the Witches are all too good to bench and the two "quick" units are insane. Units like Archibald are just trash.

The presentation of the game and voice work is great and the music is catchy but if you chose to get it be prepared for it to REALLY shit the bed at that halfway mark.
>>
Might as well ask some spoiler questions while I'm at it.

OP, DON'T READ.
>OP, DON'T READ.
OP, DON'T READ.
>OP, DON'T READ.
What exactly is different if you don't max Klaus' affinity out? I read that Giselle doesn't join the party, does this mean the end of chapter 10 and all the dialogue scenes featuring her afterwards are different? Does Klaus have different dialogue after you defeat him? I'd be grateful if you could point me to videos of said differences. Thanks.
>>
>>335995998
She nukes herself and you get the bad ending.
>>
>>335992741
Finished it last week and I'm still obsessing over it. It's a really great game, especially if you can appreciate characters, music, and albeit generic, a very well told story.
>>
>>335997019
So you're not even given the choice to kill/save Marie? Also, does the last conversation between Klaus and Alto differ or does the former still go "Thank you, my friend" and disappears into the light?
>>
It's truly a game you have to play twice to get the whole experience since your limited on who you can fully interact with on the first play through so if that turns you off its probably not a good buy. I liked the story and characters enough that I wanted to see and hear everything to warrant another play through.
>>
>>335992741
>>335997521
OP if you can somehow get homebrew working on your 3ds, you could import a NG+ save using svdt. And probably even use HANS to play in japanese voices.

NG+ save: https://mega.nz/#F!kVFgGRgJ!PW4UzMebDsX4XJ6OtxFK_Q
>>
>>335997750
This is a smart anon if you have that option.
>>
>>335997750
I saw people recommend this option in previous thread, but doesn't NG+ also give you increased money and experience? Doesn't that make the game too easy?
>>
The gameplay is good, but there's as much cringey weebshit in it as the cover implies, so if you can't block that out then don't buy it
>>
>>335998070
It doesn't give increased money and all it does with exp is make it so killing lower level monsters doesn't give reduced exp making grinding slightly faster. The main benefit is it gives you plenty of free time events for talking to people. I personally dont think starting with ng+ is a bad call its not going to make things super easy, well no easier than if you grinded a lot in the original.
>>
>>335998191
>game by Imageepoch
>cringey weebshit
Well, it doesn't take playing the full game to figure that out. He's already played the demo after all.
>>
>>335998336
Well, it stated it gives increased money on the NG+ tutorial I just saw after clearing the game. Maybe it's a negligible difference or it refers to the possibility of doing more part-time jobs due to increased free time.

Dang, I already want to play it again.
>>
>>335998336
To be fair, the money gets imported from the previous run. So you practically have unlimited money. Still I think its definitely worth the trade off as opposed to playing the game again.
>>
>>335997750
I don't know why you'd want nip voices, this is a rare case where the English cast is pretty alright.

My only issue with the English cast is Alto's constant pleading voice.
>>
>>335998725
Best girl Hilda's voice sounds like she's a grandma in the dub.

But other than that and Popo, the dub is definitely solid. Just offering it as an option.
>>
>>335998589
>>335998428
>>335998070

My mistake, these anons are correct money does carry over and money is increased by a bit. IF you really want a pure run the game is easily playable twice considering the second run will take you a fraction of the time since you can skip cut scenes you've seen and such.
>>
>>335998939
Actually fuck it, I'll buy stuff until my money is near 0 and make another NG+ save.
>>
>>335998904
I never found her to be old-sounding, she simply sounds calm. I love Klaus', Rusty's and Archibald's voices, fantastic performances.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.