[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I started playing this game as a way to get into the souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
So I started playing this game as a way to get into the souls series followed by bloodborne since they are hyped as fuck. The whole world tendency thing is annoying as fuck, should I drop it and move on to dark souls 1 since this shit is just annoying. For reference I've beaten 1-1, 1-2 and 5-1. Is it worth finishing or should I just cut my losses and move on since the world tendency thing is just straight bullshit.
>>
>>335989129
>wah the game punishes me for being shit

You should just play a different series altogether familia
>>
>>335989129
You will probably hate all of the games. Honestly, I didn't like it at first because I was a casual underage when I played Demon's but now I fucking love the series. Keep playing, it might grow on you.
>>
>>335989223
>purposely dying in order to face a boss or get an item
>fun
>>
World tendency is entirely optional. Grow a spine you fucking pussy.
>>
>>335989129

World tendency is broken. The mechanic and the way you accrue tendency points works fine but From made the stupid decision to have world tendency reset every time you go online. If you're a completionist then you have to play offline.

Just kill all the bosses to get your world tendency up to max and get all the goodies. When you've done all the white tendency stuff for every world then connect online to drop your tendencies to average. Dupe ephemereal eyes and suicide on each world until they're all dark. Get all the black tendency stuff and once you're done you can connect online again to make worlds average.
>>
World tendencies are there as difficulty sliders and for replayability.

On your first playthrough don't worry about it all. Unless you know how to appropriately manipulate the tendencies you will never access everything in one playthrough.

Just play it.

The game is really a good example of how the Souls formula works. Once you get used to understanding enemy attack patterns and upgrading your weapons, it's easy as fuck.

Also Demon's Souls is the best in the series.
>>
>>335989129
What the fuck is your problem ? WT is a non issue unless you want to plat the game and since you didn't even care to finish it, it doesn't seem to be the case so what's wrong ?
>>
>pure white world 2
>obtain dragon bone smasher
>game is now on Story Mode
>>
>>335989129
>dropping a game because of an entirely ignorable feature

I hope this is b8.
>>
>>335989779
you said it best anon
>>
>will never be able to replay Demon's Souls because don't own a PS3 anymore

FUCK

I FUCKING WANT BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY YOU FUCKS
>>
>>335989129
>reading a guide for your first playthrough
>being so shit you're complaining about a non-issue
>>
>>335989779
This. I swear OP is just a whiny little faggot.
>>
>>335989999
>>
>>335990043

Sony had a hand in creating the game so it'll probably get ported to ps4 eventually.
>>
File: 1449603666452.png (83 KB, 340x311) Image search: [Google]
1449603666452.png
83 KB, 340x311
>>335990000
damn
>>
>>335989129
I beat DeS before I even realized what the fuck world and character tendency was, git gud casul

DeS is by far the easiest when you know what paths to take to get good weapons early, there are also so many ways to cheese tough bosses and enemies, and an HP regen build is actually viable in DeS.
>>
Maybe figure out how the game works before complaining about it being "broken". World tendency only comes into play if you're in body form. If you don't want your tendency to drop, play in soul form only. "B-but muh health" listen buddy, if you can't beat a level in soul form that's on you.
>>
>>335989363
>even knowing about these secret items/enemies/areas before you play the game
>>
>>335989779
This nigga gets it.
>>
I'm replaying it right now as well. World Tendency is a little annoying but not the end of the world. Just have to go back to the Nexus to suicide ever time you beat a boss so you don't lose out on the points. Killing every boss in the area will get you up to pure white so you can grab the items once you've finished the area.

The only thing that annoys me about it is there aren't really any other ways to manage the tendency offline without staying in soul form all the time, and there are alot of cool weapons locked behind white/black tendency events.
>>
>>335989129
>The whole world tendency thing is annoying as fuck,

World tendency is pretty much 1/3 of the reason DS took off. The other being the online and the difficulty.

First off you're clearly using a guide or at least spoiled yourself. Discovering the effects of word tendency by yourself by accident is the correct way to play the game.

The confusion and mystery layer that the online system and word tendency added to the game when DS got released was easily one of the best experiences I had in modern vidya.

Also if you're relying on the extra items to win the game I have only one advice for you: git gud.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.