[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think my Morrowind game is glitching out. Whenever I use spells,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: morrowind.jpg (2 MB, 3224x2189) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.jpg
2 MB, 3224x2189
I think my Morrowind game is glitching out. Whenever I use spells, even spells that are really basic and I have used several times before, nothing happens and it just says "Failed to cast spell". My magic stats are fairly high, and none of them have been reduced by any disease or poison. Does anyone know how to fix this or have experience with this?
>>
>>335984346
Low stamina?

you're not actually playing on the OG xbox right? If you are, turn off music by sliding the volume to minimum i don't know why this helps with it at all
>>
>>335985268
No I'm playing it on steam. I don't think its the stamina, its like as if every spellcast has a 100% of failing.
>>
>>335985593
How old is your save? Have you modded your game?

I'd check out the spellcasting mechanics on the wiki or something, and see if you fulfull all the criteria. Maybe your character is sick, or silenced?
>>
Guess I gotta replay morrowind again.
>>
>>335985751

Chance of success is (Spell's skill * 2 + Willpower / 5 + Luck / 10 - Spell cost - Sound magnitude) * (0.75 + 0.5 * Current Fatigue/Maximum Fatigue)

Spell Damage is Damage * (1 - ( Resistance - Weakness )/100).

Spell Cost (the amount of magicka a spell takes to cast) for custom spells is ( [ Min Magnitude + Max Magnitude ] * [ Duration + 1 ] + Area ) * Base Cost / 40, rounded down.

Non-custom spells may have a different cost than their custom equivalent.
>>
>>335985751
I started this playthrough in December, the only mod I put in was a simple armor mod. I cured all diseases. I had my stats drained by a ghost, but I fixed that at an altar, though this problem was happening before that.
>>
>>335985896
Shit, then idk. You could try making a new character real quick and seeing if it works with him.

Also, try spellcasting with tgm on.

If it only happens on your main character, it's possibly a bugged save, or maybe there's a disease that can't be cured through altars? Has been a while since I played it

If it happens on all characters though, just try to validate files/reinstall the whole game and see if it works.
>>
>>335984346
Show the character stats and spell or fuck off.
>>
>>335984346
Go to your spells tab and look at your chance of success, if you're over 30% they should successfully cast fairly often. If you see one at 100% cast success and it fails then you know for sure you're fugged with some sort of bug.
>>
File: morrowindspellcasting.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
morrowindspellcasting.webm
3 MB, 640x360
IT'S GOOD I SWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
File: f18726ea930b4f421e7.png (250 KB, 853x470) Image search: [Google]
f18726ea930b4f421e7.png
250 KB, 853x470
>>335988593
These have been posted a trillion times, does anyone unironically stand behind these webms anymore?
>>
File: morrowind.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>335989481
YOU KNOW IT'S THE TRUTH!
>>
File: I SAID HEY.jpg (33 KB, 635x466) Image search: [Google]
I SAID HEY.jpg
33 KB, 635x466
>>335989698
YOU CAN'T HIDE YOUR FEELINGSSSS
>>
>>335984346
That cover though
>Next Generation Technology: Realistic textures and objects, incredible polygon counts, and advanced weather systems
How time has passed
>>
You need everything here if you want to play this game.

btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html
>>
>>335985593
What do the casting success chance indicators say on your magic list? Are they at 0 or are they normal?
>>
Now I have the Morrowind itch again, Thanks OP
>>
>>335989481
I do
Oblivion>morrowind for the simple reason that if you are in range you don't miss
>>
>>335990058
They call videogames today realistic like GTA and Assassin's Creed
There'll be a day though that playing literally photorealistic games become both affordable and commonplace; photorealism would be the graphical standard for the industry.
Then these games that we have now will look like a joke in comparison
>>
>>335989698
>graphics mods
>0 stamina
every time
>>
>>335990925
>Hammer is literally hitting the crab
>Missed
You'd have to be retarded to not see this as an issue
>>
So OpenMW, is it good? Does it include the expansions? I never played the expansions.
It feels like it's been ages since I said "expansion" oh wait
>>
>>335991429
It's dead in the water.
>>
why does every webm criticizing morrowind combat has a retard with zero stamina in it?
>>
File: morrowindcombat.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
morrowindcombat.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>335991612
Alright loser, check this out: fatigue for FUCKING DAYS and STILL MISSMISSMISS
>>
>>335991612
Why does everyone complaining about Morrowind combat not understand that it's a realtime RPG & that every action you take is pretty much a roll of dice?
>>
>>335991202
I don't look at it missing, I look at it as poor form that causes your weapon to make contact but not do any damage.
>>
>>335991514
Is that because it doesn't support existing mods or something?

>>335991612
>>335991667
plz ignore the troll
>>
>>335991667
Because a 8 di isn't fair if 7 of the rolls are 0.
>>
File: 1451368953725.gif (55 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1451368953725.gif
55 KB, 450x338
>>335988593
>>335989698
>guys just look at these races with the lowest attributes and applicable skills to the thing I'm showcasing fail at doing said thing, at zero fatigue! this is bad game design!
>>
Everyone is sperging out on Morrowind's miss/cast failure shit when you can get an enchantment like a codpiece of hellfire that shoots dragofire from your dick like small arms fire.
>>
>>335991662
>fatigue for FUCKING DAYS
nah, its barely there. and you probably have no skill with that weapon.

you know what. start the game -> think about what form of combat you prefer -> proceed to pick race,skills,atrb so you have maximum possible points in that skill. THEN attack someone or something. you will notice how even though you are level 1 you easily hit the enemy. morrowing is an rpg, combat is about stats, its NOT souls game.
>>
>>335991820
It's a little more complex than that. There's a roll for actually hitting in the first place, which is dependent on"
>your skill level with the weapon you're currently wielding
>your current level of stamina (and not just whether you have enough stamina to perform an attack)
I believe even your skill level in whatever armor-type you're wearing affects it too.

Anyway, fuck all these shitty webms, why don't you folks who still play it combat them with more better webms?
Here are some ideas:
>super-acrobatics-jump across the continent(complete with deadly landing)
>killing a whole town on the same spot displaying the crappy single death animation used across the whole game, piling all corpses within each other
>X-TREEM long range thrown/ranged weapon hits/kills
>Cliffracer tsunamis
>>
>>335992238
>you know what. start ... combat... you will notice ... morrowind is ... NOT ... game.
I agree.
>>
>>335992238
that dark elf could have cast his racial which gives him sanctuary and you would still have 50% chance to miss lol, the combat in the game is stupid just let it go.
>>
>>335990232
Why do people bother to make guides like this when their links could be dead in the future, & when they should just bunch up the files & upload them to their own source for a single download?

Seriously I think the only thing keeping me from replaying MWind is the sheer number of mods I'll have to download/look for an alternative download for, & set up, to be able to get the most out of it.
>>
>>335992468
I think there is a single download on morrowind modding history website that covers almost all of it.
>>
>>335992468
Just get MGSO and fix all the glitches you run into yourself (there's a few of them, but they're easy fixes as long as you're at least somewhat intelligent)
>>
File: katiacurly.png (38 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
katiacurly.png
38 KB, 500x445
Morrowind is a terrible video game but at least it isn't Oblivion or Skyrim
>>
>>335990232
>You need everything here
>graphics mods
sure is underage
>>
>>335992704
MGSO is the tip of the iceberg, and I pity BTB for making all those mods for all the wasted time. He had to look up every enchanted item in the game and change it, every single one. That's how far that fantastic sperg went far for this stale piece of shit.
>>
>bloodmoon
>quest requires me to KO a dude
>0 hand to hand skill
>make spell to boost it by 800pts for 2 secs
>later on, face Hircine
>decide to try the spell out
>punch Hircine in the dick
>he keels over and drops unconscious immediately
>beat him to death with an enchanted severed nord leg
>>
>>335992963
>>335992963
>bloodmoon
>get arrows of death from the stump
>everyone has 80% reflect of course
>die horribly
>>
>>335992940
BTB is shit though
>Hurdurr no constant effect enchanting because fuck you
>>
this remind anyone else of that creepypasta about the mod?
>>
>>335993191

The black sky thing or whatever?
>>
>>335993189
No, it is to make retards like you go apeshit.
>>
>>335992445
>the combat in the game is stupid just let it go
It's not, though. It's unintuitive if you approach it from the perspective of a modern ES like Skyrim, sure, but it's only hated because idiots don't bother to understand it.
>>
>>335992557
I tried searching btb & compilation but didn't find anything. Well I'm not really thirsting hard for it, if I was I'd actually go through the process of installing each mod one by one, but if you remember any hints that can help me find it I'd appreciate it.

>>335992704
Thanks. I really wish I can find a detailed description of any mods they used to make this though.

Seriously, why didn't BTB make something like this if he's autistic enough to do what >>335992940 says he did? Plus every mod on his list says he modified something in them to make them work together, woulda been nice if he'd gone the extra-extra mile.
>>
>>335991429
>>335991514
>>335991753
OpenMW is currently being actively worked on (there was a 39 update recently). Game is fully playable from start to finish, but some of the features still arent there, mods support status is unknown, but they are supposed to work in the upcoming 1.0 (progress is steady, estimated date is about 8 months to a year. There are talks about cooperative netplay being possible)
>>
>>335988593
>>335988593
>Orc
>Newb
>Casting destruction spell

What the hell did you expect? Be happy it doesent explode in your face (like in certain other oldschool RPG where inept/improperly built wizards have a chance to blow your party into oblivion if you dont know what are you doing).
>>
>>335994640
Thanks. I just read up on it &
>OpenMW does not come with any “content” or “asset” – namely the art, game data, and other copyrighted material that you need to play the game
What, does that mean that while it's a nice recreation, it otherwise doesn't have any updated graphics, & doesn't support the mods available to improve them? (Aside from mods that are just file-replacements)
>>
>>335995013
It means it doesn't come with the game resources themselves; ie. you need a copy of the game already installed.
(So Bethesda can't sue the fuck out of them)
>>
>>335995013
No, all it's basically saying is that OpenMW isn't a free version of Morrowind; you still need to actually buy (or pirate) Morrowind in order to run it with OpenMW
>>
>>335995013
OpenMW is a Morrowind-compatible engine. I'ts not a sourceport, because none of the original source code was used (or made available to the public), but the essence is the same - it's a separate program you can launch the game from, but it requires you to have the game in the first place.

On the plus side: it already works better in many regards than vanilla Morrowind, and there's already ideas on what to do past- 1.0.

Also you can make your own commercial game with it and sell it (one of its key poitns). Also can be ported to android, and works there much better than Unity.
>>
>>335995510
>Also you can make your own commercial game with it and sell it (one of its key poitns). Also can be ported to android, and works there much better than Unity.
Yeah but how many people do you actually think are going to do that?
>>
>>335995156
>>335995232
>>335995510
Well yes, I got that part, but does my statement below still stand?
>doesn't have any updated graphics, & doesn't support the mods available to improve them? (Aside from mods that are just file-replacements)
>>
>>335996095
I don't know, I've never tried OpenMW.
>>
>>335984346
Yeah it's called playing Oblivion, the better game in the series you fucking gook.
>>
>>335996095
That's the post-1.0 plan - to get proper shadows, physics etc, They are going to implement (and ensure that it works) vanilla stuff, then build up from there. Bump mapping and backround cell loading (no loading time between cells, pre-emptive loading of nearby interiors) are already in though.
>>
>>335995661
Well, Nehrim is a thing, so I dont see why not, since this time you might actually be able to sell it (on bucketdroid too)
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.