[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This level is fucking broken. >Enter painting with no indication
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 14
File: coolcoolmountain.jpg (145 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
coolcoolmountain.jpg
145 KB, 1500x844
This level is fucking broken.

>Enter painting with no indication you can't go back
>Enemies with fire and poison attacks that you can barely avoid on their death
>No merchant
>No armorer
>Bonfire isnt even kindled

I entered with no humanity, 8 purple moss.
My drake sword is broken and I used up my crystal halberd. Now onto giants halberd. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
I've absolutely loved my first playthrough, but this level is really killing my Friday night.

At this point, I basically just have to try and run naked to the Dragon without taking damage and then suit up quick.
>>
>it's cold
>I'm hollow
>my weapon is broken
>these crows are too loud
>my feet hurt
>I just wanna go home
>>
File: 1458718477489.jpg (61 KB, 895x944) Image search: [Google]
1458718477489.jpg
61 KB, 895x944
>>
File: damn i wish i could read.jpg (23 KB, 334x750) Image search: [Google]
damn i wish i could read.jpg
23 KB, 334x750
>>335981175
>get to the top of the tower
>harpies come down

Thats OK I'm up for a challenge

>Clip through block and facefuck for 75% damage

just why
>>
>>335980963
Thank you for yet another Dark Souls thread.
>>
Good thing you don't have to fight the fuckin boss then, shitlord.
>>
>>335981381
I'm not worried about the boss, I could get there if I didn't get Toxicity! every twelve steps
>>
File: fascinating.jpg (114 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
fascinating.jpg
114 KB, 700x525
>>335981368
This my first time playing bitch. Thank you for replying and not saging.
>>
I somehow doubt you found the painted world on your own. So my question is: since you're using a guide, how the fuck did you not know you couldn't go back?
>>
you should have bought the repair box long ago especially if you're gonna use crystal weapons

anyway its been a while since I played that level but IIRC if you open the front gates its basically a straight shot to the end from the bonfire, did you do that?
>>
>>335980963
>Enemies with fire and poison attacks that you can barely avoid on their death
Use fire and they wont explode

>No armorer
>He didnt bought the repair tools
laughing_whores.gif

>Bonfire isn't even kindled
Nigger what the shit you used all your humanity for?

>My drake sword is broken and I used up my crystal halberd. Now onto giants halberd. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>Still using the drake sword this late in the game
Literal pleb, you are using a guide and still didn't knew about the painted world

>At this point, I basically just have to try and run naked to the Dragon without taking damage and then suit up quick.
He is not even guarding anything worthwhile
>>
>>335981554
I never looked up anything about the Painted World, Ive known from /v/ threads and m8s that the giant fucking painting leads to optional bosses.

No clue there was poison. I came back because I was tired of getting r8pd by OS so I thought I could snag some humanity and summon Solaire.
>>
The only enemy I remember having problems with was the undead dragon, which you can bypass. I'm not even one of those memers who pretend the game is piss easy, but Painted World was actually one of the easiest and enjoyable zones in the entire game for me.
>>
>Drake Sword
Comedy gold.
>>
>>335981638
Does the repair box last for more than one use?
And can you repair crystal weapons? Thought they broke no matter what.
>>
>>335981706
So you somehow returned to the asylum (which is cryptic as fuck), pick up the doll, shot the dragon tail for 10 minutes to get that terrible sword. All on your own on your first play through
>>
>>335981941
yes, its permanent
and no you can't, my bad lol, never used them
>>
>>335980963
>My drake sword is broken and I used up my crystal halberd. Now onto giants halberd. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

>I played with shitty handicapping weapons and now I'm doing shitty and I can't do anything cuz I'm a shitty player

With minimal effort you could get a claymore probably up to +4 or +5 that would out DPS the drake sword, as well as enough titanite shards to upgrade your entire armor set to +3 or something. Painted World sucks, but you completely suck ass and have totally gimped yourself. You're probably running around with the fucking gargoyle helm looking like a total fucking moron, wondering why the game is so hard.
>>
>>335981941
You can repair them by upgrading them
>>
>>335981982
You dumbass, read my comment.

I said I never looked up anything about the Painted World. I looked up a weapons list back when I was tired of using a shit axe early game. And for fucks sake the Asylum I know about from youtube videos. The games been out for 4 years. It doesnt mean I keep a guide alt tabbed.
>>
File: CBYprIrU0AAc9n8.jpg (18 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
CBYprIrU0AAc9n8.jpg
18 KB, 300x562
>>335981638
>you should have bought the repair box long ago especially if you're gonna use crystal weapons
>repairing
>crystal weapons
Um, anon...
>>
File: nicememebro.jpg (161 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
nicememebro.jpg
161 KB, 500x530
>>335982090
Nice, as soon as I get out Ill run to the Giant armorer and upgrade.
>>
File: 1413751238929.gif (1 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1413751238929.gif
1 MB, 400x286
>>335980963
>Drake Sword

Is this bait? Please get a better weapon f@m
>>
>>335980963
>git gud
>git gud
>git gud
>git gud
>git gud

I've described how to cope with each of your points, was this enough help?
>>
>>335982178
You will never get out because you've been hobbling around with shitty weapons for an early handicap that is now biting you in the ass and you have no tactical awareness or foresight to prepare for and enecounter enemies that don't walk at you in 1s and 2s with broken straight swords.
>>
>>335982080
>handicapping weapons

Jesus kill yourself anon. Its in the fucking game and you can shortcut yourself to a ton of early game good gear.

>Upgrading the claymore

I have a Black Knight Greatsword +2 but my Dex is only 15. Strength is 32

Ive been waiting to snag use that you superior dick sucking lord of edge.
>>
File: ld2.png (993 KB, 1268x715) Image search: [Google]
ld2.png
993 KB, 1268x715
>>335980963
>Bonfire isnt even kindled
>I entered with no humanity,

Gee I wonder why it's unkindled. The only bonfires that give 10 estus are major bonfires, like Firelink. Bumfuck nowhere bonfires do not come kindled because they're in bumfuck nowhere.
>>
>>335980963
>ITT: Millennials cope with their endless struggle in modern day gaming.
>>
>>335982423
You're absolutely right but still back to /co/ with you, degenerate
>>
>>335982275
I already responded to your earlier post.

How fucking mad and pathetic are you to rage twice?

I've got Havels armor and full black knight mixed. I've beaten every boss in the game up until this point optional or not. You fucking elite master of nothing. Seriously end your life is this is all you have to hold on to.
>>
>>335982357
>Jesus kill yourself anon. Its in the fucking game and you can shortcut yourself to a ton of early game good gear.

It's not "early game good gear." It's a shitty handicap weapon for people who are retard with just enough gumption to look up a guide, but not enough neurons to consider looking at weapon charts or even thinking about scaling. By the time you can reach the claymore, which takes less effort to obtain and doesn't take a 10 minute time investment doing some stupid bullshit, you have enough upgrade materials to get you a weapon that will have better base damage as well as actually scales with your stats.
>I have a Black Knight Greatsword +2 but my Dex is only 15. Strength is 32
>Ive been waiting to snag use that you superior dick sucking lord of edge.

So you've basically handicapped yourself by picking up a shitty weapon and riding it for 7 hours until you get a weapon that actually does things, while completely ignoring all of the decent weapons the game literally throws at you. The claymore most certainly out-damages your shitty fucking drake sword considering how high your STR is currently. I have no idea why you don't have any other STR weapon to use, or what you've been doing with all of your titanite. Probably shoving it up your ass and then whining about how the game is too hard or some shit like that.
>>
File: newman.jpg (31 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
newman.jpg
31 KB, 370x278
>>335982521
>I've got Havels armor and full black knight mixed.
>Baw muh drake sword broke
>Painted World is BULLSHIT!

lmao really

I'm not the one whining on a website about how I can't beat a level due to my own ineptitude
>>
>Run up stairs and across the bridge.
>Through the room with the blistered hollows.
>Kill one (1) (Uno) (Singular) enemy.
>Run over bridge, drop off ledge and go through boss door.
>Ignore slutty dragon and leave.

The undead dragon will take some time to kill but he won't even hurt you.
>>
I cleared it with little difficulty first play through with an underleveled scimtar and a shit build, just roll after they die.
>>
>>335980963
>Drake Sword

You made it way too obvious you're baiting there.
>>
>>335983163
Is there even one that is actually blocking the way? Even the one at the small stairs is no where near fat enough to block them.
>>
>>335980963
You don't even have to fight the dragon senpai. You can just run through the whole area.
>>
>>335983163
>>335983397
>>335983497
iirc there's a lower dragon torso blocking the path to whatsherface, but you can just hit it once and it raises up allowing you to pass, I don't remember having to fight a dragon
>>
File: 1336806863825.jpg (25 KB, 221x221) Image search: [Google]
1336806863825.jpg
25 KB, 221x221
>>335982842
What this nigga said

OP face right now
>>
>>335983397
>>335983557
There's an upper and a lower. You kill the upper but the lower is invulnerable unless you jump-attack it, in which case it stands up and you can walk through the legs.

You don't have to fight the dragon but if you don't, you'll need to bypass the phalanx blobs, pull the level in the wheel-skellie dungeon to unlock the door and then run the gauntlet with the hollows and the berenike knight.
>>
File: touchfluffytail.jpg (82 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
touchfluffytail.jpg
82 KB, 650x366
>>335983557
The dragon in question is Half Breed Priscilla, and yeah she pretty much tells you to screw off and leave the painted world;you yourself have to agro her to start the fight.
>>
>>335981640
>Use fire and they wont explode
He doesn't even need to do that, you can just move out the way and the toxic won't get you. That's probably too complicated for someone like OP though
>>
>still using the Drake sword after all this time
Jesus christ, worse than DSP.
>>
It doesn't have an obligatory boss, so if you absolutely must you can just run to the end of the area and get the fuck out.
>>
>>335983943
Dingus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHh7gShOcI

Behind this one is the dragon ass you can jump-attack. You skip most of the area that way.

>>335984484
Wrong. There's a door blocking the bridge. You need to go into the wheel skelly basement and pull a lever to open the door.
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
File: 1461102058254.png (151 KB, 339x288) Image search: [Google]
1461102058254.png
151 KB, 339x288
>>335980963
>My drake sword is broken
>>
>>335984559
Yeah, I just remembered about that lever. You can still just run, but without knowing the area it'd be pretty hard doing that.
>>
>>335980963
>My drake sword is broken and I used up my crystal halberd.
Found your problem. Have you tried playing Skyrim instead?
>>
File: 1452028078763.jpg (35 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
1452028078763.jpg
35 KB, 229x343
>Drake Sword
>>
>>335980963
>level

nigga this ain't Mario.
>>
File: 2013-04-13_00001.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2013-04-13_00001.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
Goddamn I love Painted World. What a tight, cohesive and satisfying level. Secrets, shortcuts, scenery, a good (optional) boss with an interesting gimmick.

Is there a better area in the entire game? I bet there isn't.
>>
>>335980963
Anon, first of all, congratulations on your successful bait. However, I must say you went too far with the drake sword and crystal halberd. Next time you post that, remove one or both of them from the post and see if you can get even better results, okay?
>>
>My drake sword is broken

Like pottery
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.