[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New MMOs that have just come out or are coming out that look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png (47 KB, 300x163) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png
47 KB, 300x163
New MMOs that have just come out or are coming out that look promising? Been outta the MMO game for awhile, looking for something fun. I used to play SW: Galaxies, FFXI, and Neverwinter most recently. Looking for something new though, that has an active player base.

Thanks /v/!
>>
bumpz
>>
>>335980064
Get out while you still can. Sounds like you're used to a different breed of MMO, there's literally nothing for you in the genre anymore.

You used to play a Star Wars MMO, the new Star Wars MMO is Star World of Warscraft.
You used you play a Final Fantasy MMO, the new FF MMO is WoW with chocobos.
Hope you're sensing the pattern here. Basically the question is do you like WoW? The answer is no. I'm answering that for you, and you should be very thankful.
>>
>>335981241
That's really depressing :(
>>
No MMO that's come out in the past decade is good. If you never played EQ at its height, you may enjoy Project1999, a F2P version of EQ that's fairly active.
>>
EQ/FFXI/SWG are long gone, with the closing of SWG and the release of Abyssea for FFXI the age of decent MMOs is over.

All you can do now is move on and forget the genre exists.
>>
>>335980064
Wait for Pantheon or any of the other old-school type MMOs people will post.
>>
blizz gave me pandas and draenor for free so im gonna spend the week getting my warlock ready to raid!

what class should I compliment my warlock with as an alt? I can't roll a hunter,shaman or priest.
>>
>>335980064
Only popular sandbox now is Black Dessert
>>
File: Dragon-Quest-X-Logo.jpg (47 KB, 668x190) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Quest-X-Logo.jpg
47 KB, 668x190
There's actually an MMO out right now that's pretty much everything you're looking for, and is super good to boot

Enjoy!
>>
>>335985621
So is there an English speaking community for this game or what?
>>
File: ffxireboot21[1].jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ffxireboot21[1].jpg
43 KB, 600x400
Have I got the MMO for you!

tfw it's gonna be shit
>>
>>335986106
Can't wait for
>pay 25 gems to reset your 2-hour ability
>(buy gems with real cash)
>>
>>335980064
How do we make MMOs great again?
>>
Only new MMO is Black Desert Online which came out about a month or two ago. It's a sandbox with action combat focused on endgame GvG.

Guild Wars 2 and FFXIV have very large and active playerbases though they aren't new.

The only upcoming MMO that seems interesting at all is Bless Online which is a RvR focused Korean grindfest. Was just recently confirmed for NA/EU release.

Personally I would recommend GW2 even though it isn't new, game is in a great state right now. Very easy to get into and start playing any type of content the game has to offer unlike FFXIV.
>>
>>335981241
What is this talk about MMOs becoming WoW? Am I missing something about the WoW game model?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.