[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we save Nintendo? Can we have a civil discussion about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1429486435403.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1429486435403.gif
957 KB, 500x418
How do we save Nintendo? Can we have a civil discussion about this?
>>
File: 1437517036651.jpg (121 KB, 468x854) Image search: [Google]
1437517036651.jpg
121 KB, 468x854
>>
>>335979767
Go back to 1998.
>>
Fix their localization team
>>
>>335979936
Does civilized mean nothing to you anon
>>
kill nintendrones, with no safety net Nintendo will be forced to take action.
>>
Put NoA on a leash and tell them to stop enforcing a family friendly image which results in games getting censorship for people who have no interest in such games. Improve relations with developers by doing the same thing and stop enforcing retarded restrictions like this. Treat adults like they are adults and not children.
>>
>>335979767
Start being open to modernization
>>
Need more 3rd party
More IP
>>
>>335979767
By having a game about seinfield.
>>
>>335979878
What the fuck.
>>
>>335979767
You damn well know you've made another shitposting thread, OP.
>>
>>335979767
Support with your money and write in telling them why they're fucking up
>>
Make a console that's sole purpose isn't a gimmick and give some fan favorite games like F-Zero some spotlight.
>>
>>335980143
he's saying that 1998 Nintendo was the top of their game. reverting to that time period/philosophy would save the company.
>>
>>335979767
>Can we have a civil discussion
Sure
>How do we save Nintendo
>we
I thought you wanted to be civil?
>>
>>335979767
Dont support their bad shit. Thats about all you can do
>>
>>335982380
Yes because that worked so well in the 6th gen where we had more F-zero games than other and arguable the most powerful console on the market with no gimmicks
>>
>>335979767
Let them die in peace, before they ruin the only good thing about Nintendo. The memories they've made.
>>
Make them rehire Alison Rapp. Then they won't be shitlords and all the decent people will stop boycotting them for giving in to gator harassment. :^)
>>
leave it to le gamecube yakuza man
>>
steam and gaben newell
>>
>>335979767
Have them stop making "unique" hardware. Save the quirkiness for the software. 3rd party developers won't bother learning to make games that utilize a second screen or other gimmick when they can copy and paste Call of Duty 47 into Call of Duty 48 and still sell millions. 99% of people agree that 1st and 2nd party Nintendo games are awesome, they don't need weird shit like a gamepad or motion controls to achieve that. What they need is 3rd party support to keep them afloat between 1st party games.

Give us hardware that is at least on par with the current gen and has similar architecture, then throw all their efforts behind 1st party software development.

AND GIVE US A REAL CONSOLE POKEMON GAME. This would sell more than the Smash and Mario Kart bundles combined.
>>
File: IMG_4875.jpg (88 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4875.jpg
88 KB, 800x582
Nintendo doesn't need saving. They're gonna keep doing whatever they want and people will keep buying it. See: Amiibos, 3DSs, the Wii a few years back. They have so much money they can afford fucking up for a few years.

Let's not forget the 3DS was a failure for two years and cost $250 when it came out. Don't listen to /v/ about Nintendo is doomed, were just a vocal minority since the people who listen to /v/ are on /v/ all the time.
>>
>>335979878
poor otter :(
>>
>>335980224
"censorship" is an incredibly minor issue
they literally can not make good games anymore, they're stuck in the N64 era
>>
>>335979767
>can we have a nintendo doomsaying thread
>if you disagree you're not civil!

Great job OP
>>
>>335979767
>no criticism of my favourite company allowed! this is a safe space!

fuck off back to rebbit, subhuman
>>
>>335987089
>>335987228
>I have the reading comprehension of an 8 year old child
Literally no where in the OP does it state anything like this. Stop trying to start some bullshit you goddamn autists.
>>
>>335987379
see
>>335979936
>>335980143

Even the slightest hint of criticism is regarded as 'shitposting', civil essentially translates to "Lets fellate our favorite company together"

So, again, fuck off back to rebbit subhuman.
>>
>Give us hardware that is at least on par with the current gen and has similar architecture, then throw all their efforts behind 1st party software development.
Why was the gamecube such a failure for them?
>>
>>335987562
>any criticism in those posts
Please try again
>>
>>335987562
What the fuck does this have to do with you being wrong about what the OP said? That guy's a retard and so are you. Kill yourself nigga.
>>
>>335979767
Nintendo doesn't seem doomed though. Their handhelds fare well. The problem with the Wii U was really that for even 18 months after it was released, people thought it was another accessory to the Wii.

Do I wish they'd just make a single good handheld and support it, instead of making a new model to fix their fuck ups yearly? Yes, but the model seems to work for them, especially when they forced an IP behind the 3DS/2DS.

NX will have more gimmicks, but I really did lIke the Wii U gamepad. I don't think they'll top it in terms of a gimmick that worked, but also felt naturally included in games.

They need to lax up on the games allowed on their console too. Two of the best games on Wii were rated M. However, I'm sure entirely sure if they sold well, or were just good games.
>>
>>335987982
Not* entirely sure.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.